Sometimes you just need a good burger! (Here's one that's vegan and low carb!)

JodelleFitzh20

Cathlete
Low Carb Tomato Burger (Can be Vegan too)

1 Large tomato (I like the yellow-ish orange ones for this)
Veggie or Vegan Burger of choice (I like Amy’s Organic California Burger)
1 wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese (or vegan cashew cheese)
Stone Ground Mustard
Other veggies (i.e. mushrooms, spinach, romaine lettuce, thinly sliced peppers)
Pickle slice (optional)

Prepare burger as noted on box, and while it’s preparing, cut two large ½ inch thick slices of the tomato and set on plate. When burger is done place it on top of one slice of tomato and spread cheese on top of burger and spread with mustard. (Add other veggies or pickle slice too if you want.) Then top with other slice of tomato! Low Carb, full of lycopene, and other nutrients and totally FLAVORFUL. I made this today with Jicama fries! Who needs a burger and fries when your body squeals with delight from all the nutrients on this plate!

I just made this for supper....yum!!! I did tomato, burger, laughing cow, grainy mustard, a mix of spinache and arugula, some spicy eggplant (the kind in the jar...tried to remove as much oil as I could,rinsed) and topped with other tomatoe slice...drizzles a rouch of balsamic on top....delicious and sooo easy.

Thanks a bunch!
Aggie

That sounds awesome! I love eggplant tapenade, I bet that was so tasty on the burger! I'm so glad you liked it! Who knew life without a bun could be so fun! And tasty!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.