Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

berry99

Cathlete
I found this recipe in Clean Eating Magazine (Fall 2008) and just got around to making it this weekend. It's really good so I thought I would share.

1/4 c milk (I used vanilla soy)
6 tbsp water
1/4 c old fashioned oats
pinch cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
1/8 c canned pumpkin
1/8 c sliced almonds (I didn't add this)
stevia to taste
1/8 c water
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder

1. In a small pot, bring milk and water to a boil over medium heat. Add oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed for about 7-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.

2. Once liquid is absorbed stir in pumpkin, almonds, and sweetner. Set aside.

3. Combine water and protein powder in a separate bowl and mix with a fork until powder is dissolved.

4. Pour protein mixture over oatmeal and serve.

Calories 232
Total fat 8g
Carbs 25g
Fiber 4.5g
Sugars 7g
Protein 21g

Hey Karen,

This looks great, I copied it and will try to make it this week- Thanks :)

quick question though, Is the calories/nutrient info for the original recipe with the almonds and milk? or is it adjusted to your substitutes? I will probably use almond milk instead of regular. Also, I am thinking this is a one serving recipe?

Thanks again

Hey Karen,

This looks great, I copied it and will try to make it this week- Thanks :)

quick question though, Is the calories/nutrient info for the original recipe with the almonds and milk? or is it adjusted to your substitutes? I will probably use almond milk instead of regular. Also, I am thinking this is a one serving recipe?

Thanks again

Hi there. Sorry about the confusion. The nutritional info is from the magazine so it includes almonds and milk (though I'm not sure what kind of milk they calculated with). Also, it is just one serving. Enjoy.

I have this issue of Clean Eating magazine. Yesterday I tried the pumpkin pie oatmeal.

Verdict?

Yum-o.

Somethng about this time of year that makes me want to eat everything that starts with P and ends with "umpkin." :p ;) Pumpkin Bars. Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin cheesecake. Pumpkin bread. At least with this pumpkin oatmeal I don't feel like I'm being so "bad." haha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.