pita pizza

punka274

Cathlete
Im sure alot of you guys have heard of this before....recently i was on another website and somebody mentioned this recipe for pita pizzas. I went out and purchased everything and it was a BIG HIT at my house! It was cheap,easy and healthy.

You basicly buy everything you would for a pizza except replace the pizza dough with a flat whole wheat pita's (bought white pitas for my dh and kids)

I purchased Ragu pizza sauce, turkey pepperonie,mushrooms,bell pepper,red onions, olives and cheese(I got the 2% pizza blend cheese for me and the reg cheese for my DH and kids)

it was delish!

A Fellow Cathiete purchases the pita pockets and stuffs everything inside and then freezes them....sounds like a good idea too!

yup - you can also open the pita's up to make really thin crust. I also sometimes will get the Boboli thin whole wheat crust. Top with a little bit of tomato paste, some ratatouille, fresh chopped basil and crumbled feta. Amazing!! Also makes great appetizers when cut in smaller pieces.
Get creative with your toppings, too - veggie chorizo, roasted red peppers, sauteed shallots, gorgonzola and some fresh arugula. Or, sliced pears, fig compote (or fresh figs), gorgonzola, arugula and drizzle with honey when you pull it out of the oven. Amazing!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.