Peanut Butter Protein Balls.

Carmen829

Cathlete
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Ingredients: 1 cup plain instant oats, 1 cup honey, 1 cup natural peanut butter (drained), 1 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1.) With peanut butter still in the jar, drain the oil off of the top
2.) Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl with a spatula
3.) Wash your hands and continue mixing the ingredients until there are no dry spots
4.) Roll up balls of the mixture about the size of a half-dollar and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper
5.) Cover with wax paper or parchment paper and refrigerate
Optional: You may also melt down two cups of semi-sweet chocolate morsels and dip one side of each ball in it before refrigerating
Servings: approx. 24 balls
One serving, plain= 103 calories
3.5g fat
11.5g carbs
7.5g protein
6g sugar

One serving w/chocolate= 138 calories
5.5g fat
17g carbs
7.5g protein
10g sugar

I found this recipe on madefittv.com. Looks delish. When I get the chance to try it I'll write a reveiw. If you try it let me know what you think.

Carmen.

Interesting.

I used to make peanut butter balls years ago (with honey and other ingredients like carob, raisins, coconut, nuts: several variations).

I never thought of just using the nut butter (though I'll go with raw almond butter rather than peanut butter).

mmmm....tasty

These are really good! The only thing I did different was to reduce the honey a little and add raisins that I plumped up in hot water.

Thanks for the recipe!

Since I was looking for something to use up my chocolate protein powder, I googled that and found a whole bunch of different ball recipes..

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/3425691/Need-some-protein-ball-recipes/

I'm going to try and eat one of these balls before my early morning workouts.

MMMMMM - these are delicious!! I made them today and will be getting more honey at the store to make another batch soon. Thanks so much for posting the recipe!

Made these last night, but I replaced the plain oats with Kashi high protein flax vanilla instant cereal- taste great!!

Thanks Carmen for posting this recipe. I made these yesterday. Super easy and they taste great. I added dark chocolate chips. It was like eating chocolate chip cookie dough.

Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!
I made these the other day and bagged them by two. My DH and DS have been grabbing them for breakfast, they love them.:)

Just made these - so good. You do have to whirl them in the food processor for quite a while to get an even consistency but they are worth it - DELICIOUS!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.