Non dairy chocolate-mousse like dessert

cendrine

Cathlete
Hi Guys,

here is a dessert that really hits the spot for my chocolate tooth!

I added splenda instead of sugar and am going to try to do it with chocolate that has not sugar in it and sweeten it with more splenda to keep the calories down some more. I love it! I hope the tofu doesn't scare you guys off, because you can barely tell!, especially if you eat it with berries. I also let mine sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving, it is really yummy that way!

Very Berry Delight - non dairy

Chocolate and berries are always wonderful together. Blending with silken tofu gives the chocolate a creamy texture without using heavy cream. It is a healthy alternative to most dessert recipes for those times when you want a divine chocolate moment.

Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes; chilling time: 1 hour

Ingredients:
1½ cups each fresh or frozen blueberries and raspberries
5oz organic dark chocolate
3 TBS Florida Crystals sugar
1/4 cup water
6oz firm silken tofu

Directions:

Melt chocolate and sugar in a double boiler over medium heat.
Place tofu, water and melted chocolate in a blender and blend until smooth. Remove to a bowl.
Place chocolate pudding in a bowl and top with a generous amount of berries. If you use frozen berries, thaw and drain well before adding. You may want to save juice as frozen berries thaw and drizzle over Berry Delight for extra flavor and nutrition.
Serves 4

P.S. I got this recipe off http://www.whfoods.org
Check it out for other really yummy desserts and meal ideas! Each free recipe comes with a nutritional break down of everything.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.