Low calories healthy latte

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a quick and easy recipe to make a healthy latte.

Has anyone got one or could possibly recommend ingredient to make one.
I am intending to use almond milk and cinammon as substitute to sugar.

Kind Regards,

;)

Last edited:
Healthy latte

Try this - I made it with a store brand almond milk and it was pretty tasty:

1 cup almond milk - steamed gently or heated gently and whipped because the fats in almond milk are more delicate than cow milk fat. I have a battery powered frother that works really well
shot of espresso

Pour frothy milk onto espresso over back of spoon, sprinkle with the cinnamon. You could also add some vanilla for extra yumminess.

You could also make this with brewed chai tea and frothy almond milk.

enjoy,
elle

Low calorie latte

Thanks Elle,

I like Chai tea very much BTW....

I will definetely try your suggestion and will report on here.:):)

Also I will treat myself with a frother too... I need one ;-)

Kind Regards,

Nathalie

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love to mix a half scoop of whey protein in my cup of keurig dark hot chocolate. You have to stir alot to get the whey protein to dissolve completely, but it turns a treat into a yummy protein drink. It tastes great. Maybe you could use it in your coffee????

Nathalie,

I must warn you, a foamy latte may make you farty and bloated :eek::D;). If you've ever watched the movie Zoolander, you'll find that funny. BUT it's true! Well at least in my case it is :eek:. So hold the foam please :D.

Coconut milk is very tasty, and of course almond milk too. Make sure you use a good espresso...it makes all the difference! I also like to sprinkle pure cocoa powder on the top :p. Oh, another goodie for the holiday season is pumpkin spice! I've been putting it in everything lately; oatmeal, coffee, protein shakes :p.

Natasha

(ps- I make egg eggnog latte's too around this time of year. YES they are not the healthiest :rolleyes:, but damn are they ever GOOD ;))

Lmbo mini -natty
I guess I dont need to make the foam either! I wouldnt want trumpet pants ! Hey wait trumpets are christmasy , maybe I can. Hum... Lol had to post something tee hee

Nathalie,

I must warn you, a foamy latte may make you farty and bloated :eek::D;). If you've ever watched the movie Zoolander, you'll find that funny. BUT it's true! Well at least in my case it is :eek:. So hold the foam please :D.

Coconut milk is very tasty, and of course almond milk too. Make sure you use a good espresso...it makes all the difference! I also like to sprinkle pure cocoa powder on the top :p. Oh, another goodie for the holiday season is pumpkin spice! I've been putting it in everything lately; oatmeal, coffee, protein shakes :p.

Natasha

(ps- I make egg eggnog latte's too around this time of year. YES they are not the healthiest :rolleyes:, but damn are they ever GOOD ;))

Hi Natasha,

It funny you have posted your warning....I am actually trying to recover from a digestive inflamation...highly heated foaming almond milk and/ or soya milk is not for me! I have never experienced bloated stomach.
On top of that I have a cold...temperature are low in UK these days ;-(.
Never mind.

Thanks for the recipe...I will try coconut milk. Also will make sure I do not highly heat almond milk!

Take care Natasha,

To Renee,

There is no way I am building a reputation of being a "gas pollutant" lol.... No more excessively risky foaming latte for me:eek::eek:

Kind Regards,

Nathalie

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love to mix a half scoop of whey protein in my cup of keurig dark hot chocolate. You have to stir alot to get the whey protein to dissolve completely, but it turns a treat into a yummy protein drink. It tastes great. Maybe you could use it in your coffee????

Hello everyone,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this thread.

I am feeling much better now... I really dislike the horrible discomforting feeling of blocked bowel :eek::eek::eek:

Today I made a latte substitute with chia tea, instant coffee and cow milk (semi- milk i.e nearly no fat milk, could not have soya or almond milk at least not now!). The chia tea really does add flavour...No need for any creamy foam. No disgracious pollution :D:eek:

To Exercise lover---I have a tab of vanilla whey protein I hardly consume--- Now I know how I am going to have my protein healthy drink snack ;););)
Thanks so much

Take care everyone,

Last edited:
I don't make coffee very often, but when I do any leftover goes in the fridge for the next morning with a scoop of vanilla protein powder...YUM!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.