Great Recipe Book - Eating for Life

wake up eager

Cathlete
In case you don;t have this recipe book wanted you to know about it - Eating for Life by Bill Phillips (the Body fir Life guy). I've had since 2002 I think. The meals are all healthy, tasty and very easy to make. It includes dinners, lunch, snacks and breakfasts. All aligned with 5-6 meals a day, carb, protein and fiber. Includes normal stuff you find int he grocery (not hard to find things). Also has success stories in it. I go to it all the time...tonight its Lettuce Wraps - a twist on a chinese favorite with ground turkey breast.

(I tried Clean Eating book - I liked reading the book to help me "get" the idea ingrained into my habits - but I don;t really like her recipes...weird stuff in some of them and way too complicated for a b usy schedule.

Had to share...:D

I second that vote for this cook book. Keep in mind a few things. First, it's geared toward the BFL food guidelines, which is to keep your protein and carb intake relatively equal at each of 6 small meals throughout your day. Second, that the PORTION size listed in this cookbook are also geared toward men, who are generally larger than women. This means the portion size should be reduced for women. I had a link that shows the nutritional info for all of the recipes, and how it would calculate out for men (the 'prescribed' portion size in the cookbook) and for women (smaller portions, but more servings), but I just tried it and the link/site is no longer valid for some reason.

Long story short, this is a really good cookbook.

Gayle

I have this book and I've tried about 5 recipes so far and they have all been very easy to make and they taste great! My mom just bought one for herself :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.