3/4 tsp salt
black pepper
1/2 t oregano
2 tsp basil
2 cloves or more garlic,minced
1 c crumbled feta cheese
1 1/2 c cottage or ricotta cheese2 ripe tomatos
1 c olives.

place water in sauce pan.bring to a boil,then add rice.turn heat to very low and simmer40 min until rice is tender.remove from heat,fluff with a fork,and stir in lemon juice and dill.set aside.meanwhile,heat olive oil in large skillet.add onions and saute over med heat 5-8 min or until onios become soft. add peppers,salt,and herbs and continue to cook 10 min stirring occasionally until peppers are tender.stir in minced garlicand cook a min. more.remove from heat and stir in feta cheese. preheat oven to 375. grease a 9x13 pan.
place cottage or ricotta cheese in a blender and whip until smooth. combine everything in a large bowl until very well combined.transfer to prepared pan and spread into place. top with tomato slices and olives. bake uncovered 30-40 min

this came out delicious! the red pepper really adds some flavor

laura

This sounds tasty but why is called "Bulgar Pepper Casserole", if there is no Bulgar in it. Did you maybe forget to add the Bulgar?

in earlier editions of this book,it was called Bulgarian Pepper and Cheese Delight.it had bulgar instead of rice. so yes,brown rice is used in this recipe

laura

Could you please tell me which book the recipe came from? Is it from the Moosewood Cookbook? Thanks.

Great! Thank you. I have this book. I love it too! I have never tried this recipe and thanks to your recommendation, I will this week.

MMmmmmmm

I have to tell you that this recipe is WONDERFUL! My DH does NOT like rice, yet he did try this and REALLY liked it. He was so shocked, LOL. I do have to say though, I didn't have any Feta cheese so I used mozzarella and it still came out great.

Thanks for sharing.

Sally

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.