Black Mission Figs.....anybody have a healthy recipe?

banslug

Cathlete
I know we usually share our recipes on this forum, but this time I'm actually SEARCHING for one. I have a 10oz bag of black mission figs. I'm not sure why, exactly, I bought them in the first place! :) But I'd like to use them in a HEALTHY, clean recipe.

Does anybody have any recipe that is clean/healthy for these figs? I was hoping maybe there's a protein bar recipe out there. I know the Lara Bars use DATES as the main ingredient to keep everything together...I was thinking maybe I could do something like that with these figs?

ANYBODY???

Bumping this. I don't have a recipe.
Once I bring the figs home, my kids and I eat them right out of the package. So tasty!

Are they dry or fresh? We only have the greenish/brownish ones here in PA for a very short time when they are fresh, and I split them in half and roast them with honey and then use them on yogurt or oatmeal.

If they are dried mission figs, then I would chop them up and use them just like raisins or dates in other recipes.

Mmmmm, healthy carrot cake with figs would be delicious. I have made these before:
Low-fat Carrot Cupcakes

Instead of raisins, use your figs :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.