Weight vest

Vkerwin

Cathlete
I'm giving lots of thought into getting STS. I have a question though. I don't have a squat rack and don't have the space for one right now. Can I do the squat rack DVD using a weighted vest in place of the rack and if so how heavy of a vest should I get? I typically do squats holding 30 pound dumbbells. I know I'm not maxing out my lower body but my hands start aching as it is holding 30 pounds in each hand. Any advice is appreciated!

I use Cathe's 20# vest because it can be adjusted from 12 to 20# in 1# increments. It really helps when you get to the point of trying to hoist a heavy barbell over your head, or when you're using your heaviest dumbbells and still need a little more! I have even made a belt out of my pair of 10# ankle weights to get an additional 20# :eek:! These tricks really came in handy for Meso 3. Good luck!

You can use the weighted vest and the barbell only to challenge yourself, adding more weight than you would normally lift.

The rack is handy to add *even* more avoiding to lift the weight over the head risking to stress the spine.

Depending on your fitness level a vest would be enough to challenge your muscles.

Each individual is different. Some people need more by adding a rack. Others definitely need a Smith machine.

All the best,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.