Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

Tell us about your STS results!

This is a discussion on Tell us about your STS results! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Originally Posted by UNLVCrjChick I too am feeling EXTREMELY worn out doing STS, more so then when I did Insanity ...

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Cathlete
Nanbo's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLVCrjChick View Post
I too am feeling EXTREMELY worn out doing STS, more so then when I did Insanity earlier this summer! I was starting to wonder if it was just me. I am about to complete the 1st week of Meso 2, but I have been trying to add in HiiT workouts recently to the end of the weight workouts because my goal is weight loss and not strength, per se; so far, I'm very discouraged with the lack of results (I have maybe lost a quarter of an inch in each calf, and that's maybe because one day it looks like my calves are under 15 inches, the next day they are more than 15 inches possibly due to water retention). I'm wondering given my fatigue if adding HiiT workouts at the end is such a good idea. Thoughts?
Sherry,
I hope you can resolve your exhaustion issue! I feel bad for you that you're not getting what you wanted out of the STS program. Have you worked out with the intensity you're going after before? I finished STS about a month ago, and I was pretty whipped after each session with the weights. I did my cardio on the in-between days. I did HiiT, a step workout, and a "metabolic" type (like Afterburn) each week. Did you take a "NO WEIGHTS" recovery week between mesocycles? I realized how important they were for me mentally as well as physically. I also made sure I was getting 8 hours of sleep. I didn't lose weight during this period, but that was not my chief goal. I did get stronger and I learned many valuable techiques to apply to all my Cathe workouts. Are you restricting your calories in a way that is impeding your energy levels? I hope that others will chime in to your post; it will be interesting to get feedback from others that have completed STS.

STS 3.5 Month Graduate! July 23, 2012
Old 09-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Cathlete
UNLVCrjChick's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanbo View Post
Sherry,
I hope you can resolve your exhaustion issue! I feel bad for you that you're not getting what you wanted out of the STS program. Have you worked out with the intensity you're going after before? I finished STS about a month ago, and I was pretty whipped after each session with the weights. I did my cardio on the in-between days. I did HiiT, a step workout, and a "metabolic" type (like Afterburn) each week. Did you take a "NO WEIGHTS" recovery week between mesocycles? I realized how important they were for me mentally as well as physically. I also made sure I was getting 8 hours of sleep. I didn't lose weight during this period, but that was not my chief goal. I did get stronger and I learned many valuable techiques to apply to all my Cathe workouts. Are you restricting your calories in a way that is impeding your energy levels? I hope that others will chime in to your post; it will be interesting to get feedback from others that have completed STS.
Thank you for your response, Nancy. I am doing the STS/Shock Cardio rotation. I took the recovery week between Meso 1 and 2 (I did a lower intensity workout every other day during recovery week, no weights). So I am doing cardio between the weight days, but lately I have been adding a HiiT to the end of the weight workouts, since 3 days of cardio doesn't seem to be enough to lose the 10-15 lbs I want to lose.

I have been working out at high intensity for a while now but ever since starting STS, my energy levels are low. I eat around 1700-1900 calories per day (I weigh around 165). Yesterday for example, I did Power Max, a steady state step workout, but I had to take several rests whereas before I could do Intensity all the way through without stopping! I usually get around 7-8 hours per day, but lately I have been sleeping a lot on the weekends due to no energy. It's so frustrating!

Last edited by UNLVCrjChick; 09-10-2012 at 04:59 PM..
Old 09-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Cathlete
TRSTACIE's Profile Fields

I have very little energy for cardio during Meso #1 as well. It was much much better during Meso #2 and Meso #3. Have you noticed any improvement since starting Meso #2?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Cathlete
UNLVCrjChick's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSTACIE View Post
I have very little energy for cardio during Meso #1 as well. It was much much better during Meso #2 and Meso #3. Have you noticed any improvement since starting Meso #2?
Hello,

Unfortunately no, I don't see any changes in energy levels yet in Meso 2. Will be doing Disc 15 later tonight with the intention of adding on a HiiT after - assuming my energy holds out. I'm hoping whatever is sapping my strength/stamina will go away soon.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 PM

it is really good to joining this site, i hope i will resolve my all doubt on this.