STS and STS/Low Impact Series

KELSKIP

I took advantage of the black Friday deal and bought STS and can't wait to start, however I'm also loving the low impact series and I'm not ready to put them to the side! That being said - do you think I could start with the LIS/STS rotation that Cathe posted last month or should I just start with the 3 1/2 month rotation?! Not sure what to do...any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Kelly

To get the most benefit from STS, I would suggest doing it as written before modifying. You can still do LIS on your non-STS days, but the rotation only does one week from each STS meso cycle in addition to a week with all three. JMHO.

Be careful not to double up on the weight training, because there is a lot of 'functional' weights in LIS. With STS you want to only do cardio on your off days. Its a very intense system.

There is some doubling up for sure with the STS/LIS rotation, but nothing in the LIS is considered heavy lifting. It's all functional/compound movements, which is what makes it so intense, yet low impact. The only DvD I wouldn't double up with is the Triset one.

I think that I'll enjoy just LIS for December and start STS in January after the holidays! I'm really enjoying LIS and have seen some great results!
I happened to stumble upon a response from Cathe about STS that said you should do it one time through with no modifications for the best results.
I'm looking forward to starting the 3 1/2 month rotation and hoping to include the cardio from LIS in there too!

To get the most benefit from STS, I would suggest doing it as written before modifying. You can still do LIS on your non-STS days, but the rotation only does one week from each STS meso cycle in addition to a week with all three. JMHO.

There is some doubling up for sure with the STS/LIS rotation, but nothing in the LIS is considered heavy lifting. It's all functional/compound movements, which is what makes it so intense, yet low impact. The only DvD I wouldn't double up with is the Triset one.

I totally agree with this, I'm combining STS with LIS, and they work very well together. TriSets is the only one you have to think about, but I'm using that one for my full body workout on my *rest* day and I go very light with the weights. The other workouts that use weights, I'm going light also and only to elevate the heart rate. Thing is I'm not great at using the sliders (I'm so clumsy) so I've been doing them without and it turns them into very cool workouts, in some ways harder and someways easier.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.