Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Originally Posted by gratefuldog I think it was The heAvy mileage that bothered my knees. They felt ok today so ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Cathlete
bpcw's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefuldog View Post
I think it was The heAvy mileage that bothered my knees. They felt ok today so I did Great Glutes. Loved loved loved it! The floor work at the end is brutal! Brutal I say! I did the bonus chair work also. My calves have never burned so bad, ever! I was shocked how fast the chair segment was. A tad disappointed actually. I got a major Charlie horse in my right glute when I was squatting down in the library today. It lasted a long time. Ouch!
Omg Carolyn! I've not heard of charley horses in glutes!!! Floorwork is brutal?? Calves burnt to a crisp!!! That sounds like new material??! Can't wait to do this. I watched Bret's Strong Curves youtube clip where he talks about glutes. How does Cathe measure up?
Old 10-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Cathlete
bpcw's Profile Fields

Quote:
I dont know how I missed your posts from earlier. I was on my phone. Now I am on the tablet and can see them! Colleen, my bike is adjusted properly. It was the first thing I did when we dug them out of the barn. I have just never done that many miles before. Too much too soon Betty, I feel the same way about my dvds. I have no more room! I must find a shelf to hang in my room. Right now they are in baskets. The new ones are on the coffee table! Rest that arm. I know how hard that is believe me. I dont think I will be able to walk in the a.m. My glutes keep cramping up. It hurts!
Your butt must hurt from riding all those miles too.
Speaking of resting my forearm, UY is prob not good for it with all those planks and dwf dogs. But I want the look!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Cathlete
bpcw's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryk View Post
I went out with my co-workers for ice cream at lunch - oink oink! But it seems like summer again! Betty I have to go back to the school tonight for Financial aid stuff. I was just thinking how I should get there early so I can sit closer to the front, last week when they were going through the common app process I could not see a thing! I agree about the Cathe dvds. They are all good but at this rate I can't do them all. I have also found I can't do the plyo moves, they really aggravate my hamstring or whatever the heck is going on with me.
Mary, don't feel guilty about the ice cream! It's your reward.
It is 77 and breezy right now, so pretty awesome.
I agree about the plyo moves. They have a dread factor for me nowadays.
How's the hamstring healing?
Old 10-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Cathlete
bpcw's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyt View Post
Good Afternoon....today is class,,, so I am rushed for time.... I too understand having all these workouts....but it does keep it interesting!!! Mary....I completely understand the hamstring issue...I too am still struggling with mine....it just will not heal....it is driving me crazy!!!! Carolyn....check this out..... I was so thinking of doing this.... Cathe Friedrich Step DVDs 3 Brand New Party Rockin Step 1 2 Greatest Hits | eBay hehehehehe
Missy, I'm totally missing your joke! Did you not preorder these? It's not your listing, that I recall. The state was not GA. Or is it you??
Old 10-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Cathlete
bpcw's Profile Fields

Good job turning in early, Carolyn. I need to be more disciplined.

Marie, hope B's strep is better. It pains me to hear he has it.

Sleep well, all.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Cathlete
cdimatt's Profile Fields

Morning friends.

Yestersay was a glorious day. I went for a quick walk at lunch.

I was surprised to see the bid so high for the dvds. Carolyn any movement on yours. Did you finally get a smart phone. I thought I remembered hearing you say you did not have one. What kind did you get?

Today is a rest day for me.

Betty rest that forearm. I don't think yoga is good for it right now.

Missy. Hope class was ok. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Mary. The ice cream sounded perfect on a summer like day. I go to the eye doctor in a few weeks for my yearly exam. I know my eye have gotten worse. Might be time for reading classes. I wear contacts for distance.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Cathlete
cdimatt's Profile Fields

Morning friends.

Yestersay was a glorious day. I went for a quick walk at lunch.

I was surprised to see the bid so high for the dvds. Carolyn any movement on yours. Did you finally get a smart phone. I thought I remembered hearing you say you did not have one. What kind did you get?

Today is a rest day for me.

Betty rest that forearm. I don't think yoga is good for it right now.

Missy. Hope class was ok. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Mary. The ice cream sounded perfect on a summer like day. I go to the eye doctor in a few weeks for my yearly exam. I know my eye have gotten worse. Might be time for reading classes. I wear contacts for distance.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Cathlete
bpcw's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdimatt View Post
Morning friends. Yestersay was a glorious day. I went for a quick walk at lunch. I was surprised to see the bid so high for the dvds. Carolyn any movement on yours. Did you finally get a smart phone. I thought I remembered hearing you say you did not have one. What kind did you get? Today is a rest day for me. Betty rest that forearm. I don't think yoga is good for it right now. Missy. Hope class was ok. I'm glad you are feeling better. Mary. The ice cream sounded perfect on a summer like day. I go to the eye doctor in a few weeks for my yearly exam. I know my eye have gotten worse. Might be time for reading classes. I wear contacts for distance.
Good morning! Eating my breakfast now before I hit the big box and the pricey organic stores.
Waaah, yoga isn't good for my forearm.
Colleen, I've been battling the reading glasses, for sure. Only in the smallest print and dimmest light is it hard to read. I too need contacts for distance. Blind as a bat, if you can insult a bat like that.
Not sure what I'll work out to this afternoon. Pilates is a lot of core/thighs/legs, so this makes it hard to choose LB stuff. Maybe glutes? Don't want to incapacitate myself for tomorrow's class though.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Cathlete
bpcw's Profile Fields

Colleen, the thought has flitted across my mind about owning a reformer but it is not possible! The size of that thing is prohibitive! In my dream home I'd have an exercise room and oodles of money to buy that contraption, which I'm guessing costs several thousand dollars.

Did you gals read that Cathe's dad passed away? Sad news for her and her family.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Then I pooped in x10 and did the LI segment.
Carolyn, did you really??!!!