Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Carolyn, I like it now that my knee is Doug better. I think it's harder on the knees than ride ...

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Cathlete
cdimatt's Profile Fields

Carolyn, I like it now that my knee is Doug better. I think it's harder on the knees than ride for some reason.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Hi all,
Snowy morning here. Hope it's not an accumulator. What am I saying?? It's mid-Feb. Of course it will be!
It was annoying not to be able to get on the forum yesterday (can you say No Life?), and not for a while did it occur to me that they were working on the servers, as mentioned on the newsletter.
I imagine I'll be pulling out a spin workout this weekend. CM it'll be then.

Missy, I like how you seize the day/carpe diem. I too tend to wait for the weekend (mainly to catch up on a couple of hours of sleep). We certainly don't do much more than on a weekday. Wow, treadmill, then elliptical. You're not planning Cathe for later, are you? I hear you on DH going away on business. I used to hate that.

Carolyn, great to hear you did CSS and SC! Hang in there! I don't use any special walking sneakers. They're whatever I buy. This week I wore Merrell, or sometimes it's my Asics running sneakers (I've never used them to run).
All is right with the world now that you're posting again!

Colleen, enjoy the salon treatment. Love it! My whites are showing too.
Wait, which spin workout is harder on your knees?

I woke up feeling sore from yesterday's workouts. That weight & plates Abs is tough!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Cathlete

Ack, sometimes I still have trouble getting to the forums, not sure what is going on. Anyway, BS bis and tris with core#1 this morning, glad to get it done.

Betty, I think you are right, I should have gone for a walk yesterday but never made it out. And today I ran out of time, and tomorrow looks like snow. But I do think I need some sunshine and walking always makes me feel good. I hope you got your spin bike set up.

I haven't opened my chocolates yet! And I had to make cupcakes today to bring to a friend's for dinner tonight. And my DDs ordered 8 boxes of girl scout cookies one day when I wasn't home and they are coming tomorrow! I am no good with all this stuff in the house. I do put boxes of the cookies in the freezer but still.

Carolyn your lunch sounds so healthy. I usually eat alot of salads during the week but then my weekend eating goes downhill.

Colleen I hope you are enjoying UY.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Cathlete

I love the Samore ones frozen! Watch out Mary! Some things are even better tasting when they are frozen!
Just sayin!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Cathlete

PS: dh is bringing home pizza! I don't feel terribly guilty because it is much like beach pizza, wher it isn't very cheesy and greasy. Mary and Betty, have you ever had Tripoli's pizza? It is just like that.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Hello....well its a good think I did all my cardio this morning...due to these low freezing temps....i am a pile of shit....i just woke up... i fell asleep watching a movie around 6:30....now i am crap....trying to stay awake so when it is bed time I can actually sleep....omg!!!!

Girl scout cookies....oh...i never buy them because i am a cookie addict....i cant stop once the box is open...NO self control!!!

Carolyn---- as for cars vs trucks....i like all of our trucks...but i absolutely LOVE my jetta!! I dropped my jetta off at the delearship for the second key to be programmed..they are around $300...and you get 2 when you buy...but they only had 1 on day of purchase...they ordered 2nd key and it arrived friday..i pick my car up monday....they put me in a mazda3..... and granted the car is nice but there is no comparrison....i miss my jetta. But...i can only say nice things about the dealership...so nice and professional...we live about 75 minutes from there....so they just gave me a loaner car untill I can get back there....so kind of them! They just peeled the for sale stickers off this car and handed me the keys!

Off to take a bath....maybe it will wake me up!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:23 AM
Cathlete

Your body was trying to tell you something Missy! REST!! A body needs rest, and you never rest! I hope you are eating enough to keep up with how much you workout.
You need to listen to your body young lady!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good morning...my friends....it is freezing....and you all know I am not a fan of cold weather...it is 25 degrees....the bird bath and horse water buckets are frozen solid. Yuck! Cold weather go away!

Carolyn--- i am eating plenty...prob more than needed...i have been bad this week. But i am being good next week. I did listen to my body and went back to lounging and sleep a full 10 hrs last night... very unusual for me....I am normally up and working out on weekends by 7am....but due to this aweful cold temps....i didnt get up till 8:30.

Hope everyone has a lovely sunday!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Cathlete
cdimatt's Profile Fields

Morning girls!

Today I did Ying yoga from UY. I loved it. It's a perfect workout for stretching and opening up joints and muscles. You hold various poses for 3-5 minutes. Great or knees, back, hamstrings and hips. It left so good. Its perfect for a rest day about an hour long and I feel fantastic now!! I didn't realize how tight my muscle are.

Carolyn, from the two that I've done I think it is completely doable for a beginner. Especially since you've been doing foundations.

Missy, so glad you caught up on some rest. I was wide awake at 7 am this morning.

Need to finish getting ready.

Bbl
Old 02-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Lordy, I believe we're in the middle of a nor'easter!