Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I know Cammie, I too have decided to order after she answered my question about how much step would be ...

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Cathlete

I know Cammie, I too have decided to order after she answered my question about how much step would be involved. The suck part is, is that I don't need anything else, so I have to pay shipping. If I do that, then the presale isn't such a great deal afterall. You can get her new dvds for $22 on Ebay with free shipping. I guess I will go thru checkout and see what the shipping cost is for presale.
I hate double wave loads. I don't feel like I am getting much out of it. I hope next weeks workouts don't have them.
Carolyn
PS: Rachel have you given up on posting? Miss ya. You too Jen.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

I liked Disc 3 Legs! I didn't have to modify that much! The hard ones are the squat-and-pick-up-weights, squat-and-drop-weights; I find I have to use pretty light weights.

Carolyn, Colleen, DON'T beat yourselves up for raising gentle children. What a wonderful thing gentle, sensitive children are. Just continue to teach them assertiveness and those bullies will lose interest.

Colleen, that's so funny what you said about our kids taking on our good and bad. I feel the same exact way! Those things that I find annoying in myself, I don't want mirrored in my kids! My eldest, a freshman in college, is introverted, but I've learned that he just takes a long time to think things through before he acts. Frustrating that he thinks too much. He's too quiet! I teased him about whether anyone noticed him in high school. The louder or outgoing other kids are, the more he hangs back. He has an assignment in college--come out of his shell more!

Don't you know that the more adversity there is in school, the more it challenges and pushes your child to excel and be empathetic? And the jocks and popular kids don't end up being successful because things came too easy to them in school!

Mary, you're much closer to Carolyn! KPC is my absolute favorite workout, the most awesome! I love kickbox! Must get your friend on it. You and I are on the same discs. I'm starting 4 on Monday. I do MWF workouts. Interestingly, my arms aren't killing me, just slightly sore.

Ugh, I hope the weather pattern changes and the snow that's predicted for Saturday doesn't come! Been feeling like spring this week!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Betty- Thanks for your kind words and advice about the kiddos! We have so much in common on here...I love it!
Oh, and I loved the leg discs in Meso 1! The one where you squat or lunge to pick up a weight and put it back down is killer (in a good way!). I am just starting to feel less sore from the Meso 2 leg disc from Wednesday (!). I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be able to keep to my 2 leg days a week with Meso 2. I really want to do Trisets lower body, but maybe I'll tackle that in Meso 3 since I'm doing the Plyo leg discs. I've already done those so I know I won't be as sore as I am now! My biceps are a little sore from yesterday but not bad. Those preacher curls really get me! I love feeling my biceps getting harder and stronger. STS is so cool!

Cammie-did you notice Cathe posted that their will be low impact only premixes on the new dvds? I bet that's going to make a lot of people happy! I love some impact, but I know I would use those premixes sometimes as well.

maryk- with your wrists getting sore during pushups...I got these push up bars by Reebok at Target. They're not the ones that rotate (I think those are called "the perfect pushup" or something). These ones are pretty stable. I really like using them since they keep your wrists in neutral alignment. I even use them for mountain climbers and sometimes burpees too. It's not always convenient to use them but it really helps limit the time your wrists are flexed while doing all those dastardly pushups!

Carolyn- I can't believe you ran in 20 degree weather! I was shivering just reading that!! I'm a total baby when it comes to the cold. My husband and I are constantly readjusting the thermostat in the house. I'll bump it up a few degrees, then he comes behind me and puts it back down again. Stinker.

Later girls!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 02-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

D'oh! I tried to put my name in my signature and I seemed to have lost my ticker! I checked the usercp and it shows up there...what the heck did I do?

ETA: I guess you can have the ticker but not anything else in the signature thing? I'm so technologically handicapped! I did manage to upload a pic of my kiddos though!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by cokonkel; 02-10-2012 at 02:58 PM..
Old 02-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Cathlete

I want more legs too! Maybe next week I'll add in another day...LLB maybe Hopefully Meso 3 will up it for legs...I'm taking on plyo What is everyone else thinking...that or squat rack? Carolyn..I think you mentioned squat rack. I'm not sure I have the right set-up for that...I'll have to get details from you as time goes on.

Today I did Low Impact Challenge What a blast that one was! LOVE step!

Tomorrow is last upper body of this week! Thinking Sun will be a yoga day...major DOMS going on this week.

Off to pick up my mother-in-law from the airport and then to watch my brother-in-laws wrestling match.

Talk to ya later!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Catheite

Hello-

I completed disc 18 and I did Bodystrikes 1 today.

Carolyn-I hear you about your son. My son attracts people who think it's fun to tell him lies about things. My son is a very gentle and very cheerful child. He's also very naive, because of the Asperger's Syndrome. Just before Christmas. This kid told my son something that scared him. He wouldn't tell me what he said, because this kid told my son if he told me, he would kill my son and me. The kid is freaking ten! I emailed the teacher and I got a call from the principal the following morning. The principal told me he was taking the threats very seriously and there would be serious consequences for this child. It had been going on for a while and we tried to let my son take care of it, but this kid escalated the whole thing with this egregious threat.

Welcome Sherry and Cam. Sherry, I will be at the Chicago RT. Cam-I lurve Ilaria, too. I had never considered doing Atletica while doing STS, but I guess if you keep the weights low, you could. I might do it tomorrow.

I am doing Tonique Premier as an extra leg day, in addition to Tonique Mat. I like the exercises, it's like fine tuning the smaller muscles. But it is constant talk about "getting sexy" and attracting attention, it comes across as rather shallow. I don't deny vanity as a motivation, but there are other reasons I work out as well.

Just call me Jen.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:14 PM
cammie-cam's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefuldog View Post
I know Cammie, I too have decided to order after she answered my question about how much step would be involved. The suck part is, is that I don't need anything else, so I have to pay shipping. If I do that, then the presale isn't such a great deal afterall. You can get her new dvds for $22 on Ebay with free shipping. I guess I will go thru checkout and see what the shipping cost is for presale.
I hate double wave loads. I don't feel like I am getting much out of it. I hope next weeks workouts don't have them.
Carolyn
PS: Rachel have you given up on posting? Miss ya. You too Jen.
Free shipping would have really been a great incentive for this pre-order,but I'm sure they decided not to do that to instead get folks to buy other in stock workouts. It's all business, so I can't be mad at that. Cathe has definitely created a mini empire here. But you're right, the lack of free shipping definitely turns me away... at least for now.

Betty - the exercise where you squat and pick up and then drop the weights with the stability ball on the wall? I just hold the weights and go up and down when they do, but never below the 90 degree angle because any lower would be bad for my knees. Trust my legs are shaking and all I'm doing is holding the weights so I think it's working.

coconkel - Low impact premixes make me very happy. Especially because some days I feel like low impact and other days I can do higher impact. It's great that Cathe is trying to make everyone happy and I am SURE that's not an easy thing to do.

gratefuldog - I'm doing two days of Legs too. The plan is to do Lower Body Blast on Monday and The STS Legs disc on Thursday so I give my body a few days to let the muscle soreness settle down.

EpcotChick - Hello! I went to Epcot in 2010 to see Captain Eo since I missed it when I was a kid. I saw it 7 times, it was the cutest thing ever. I love Ilaria, everything about her vibe on her DVDs is really great to me. I have Bodystrikes 1 but haven't done it yet, I will have to put that one in my rotation next week. Legs legs and more legs!

Last edited by cammie-cam; 02-10-2012 at 08:26 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Cathlete

Holy smokes Jen! That is unreal. Kids today are not normal. Sorry, I have to put the blame on the parents. You have to learn that kind of behavior somewhere! Sickens me.
Glad to have you back on the boards!
I am thinking Rachel gave up on us.
Cammie, I loved legs in Meso 1. You sound like how I was...more more more! Bring on the legs! I wish I felt that way about this meso. It isn't as fun. The moves are very basic and repetitive. I will be going back for more of meso 1 legs when STS is done.
Marie, is there an option to choose plyo or squat rack? Or is the squat rack an added bonus section? I don't even really know what Plyo is. Can you explain? Im thinking of lots of jumping moves? Not into those. My knees can't handle that stuff.
Talk to you later. Need to digest my oatmeal and then I am going for a spin with Cycle Max!
Looks like no snow Betty! Darn it!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Happy Saturday! Love getting a little more sleep!!!

Carolyn! Thank heavens there's not much snow! Yet! I have such a huge dread factor with snow! Sure, it's beautiful when it's coming down, but what a mess later. And it makes it sooo cold!

Ladies, I finally made to Catheite status! Yay!

Carolyn and Mary, I think the Salem NH Marshall's is the one I went to in September. Either that, or it was Nashua! I can't keep it straight. (In any case it takes me an hour to get there.) I'm on my electronic device and I don't know how to navigate this Cathe app. If I exit to Google, I might lose my post.

Now, about my lower-body DOMS. I certainly have some, but different that I've ever felt before! May I say that I loved the variety of exercises in Disc 3 Legs! They're not the usual squats and lunges with barbells on your shoulders. I just hate those, and they go on forever. Add on low-ends and it's a killer!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Cathlete

I just did Disc 4 - wow, I really needed the extended stretch after that one. Cokonkel, I will look into those pushup bars, they sound good.

Carolyn, I was in Plaistow all last weekend, my daughter had a volleyball tournament at Infinity Sports. I went to that Walmart looking for some weights, and got some weighted gloves but not much else. I remember driving past the Marshalls but I was too worn out to stop, sounds like I should have gone in. I've gone to the Marshalls in Salem and the one closer to home but they never have any Cathe.

I was actually looking forward to a snowy Sat. Oh Well!