Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I'm here....been working front desk today! Thanks for all the compliments! I work hard at my exercises!!! As for morning ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

I'm here....been working front desk today!

Thanks for all the compliments! I work hard at my exercises!!!

As for morning workouts....well I cant function without them. Even on weekends...i get right up and hit it!!! I get up, go pee, stop by kitchen for a bottle of water, and get straight to work! But when I am finished....I am wide awake and ready to tackle my day! It takes a good 2 weeks of getting into morning workouts....but once you do....you will love them!

Gotta run....patients everywhere....bbl!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

The snow is coming down! In no time it was white all over with windy snow. The worst hasn't even hit us yet! The governor has issued a stay-at-home ban starting at 4 pm. Everything is probably closed. What a cozy feeling though! I bought a chicken pie to put in the oven later. If I weren't to eat it all, we should bake cookies or something...

Marie, I'm enjoying my gnocchi dish leftovers from last night! So scrumptious! How awesome you are Italian! Have you been to Italy? I absolutely love the Italian culture! Everything about it. I took 3 yrs of middle school Italian (just a coincidence, based on where I went to school), but wish I could speak Italian fluently. Have you made ricciarelli (almond cookies) before?? Do you speak Italian?
I can't enable you on UY but I KNOW I will eventually buy it. I love the idea of how it cleanses, tones, stretches one's body! After 8 years of pretty much all Cathe, and at my age, I'm so ready for it!
OMG, I totally understand you on the pizza! I experienced it myself last Friday! My stomach literally hurt after! I felt greasy and guilty that I ingested that!
Which Rykas did you get? Is it good for high-impact cross-training?
Our schools here are allotted 5 snow days a year. We are on the 3rd, the first two not even snow-related! I can't believe you guys don't have that! It snows so much more where you are! It's entrenched in us!

Carolyn, what a drag to hear your kids arguing while you're trying to get zen! Cute they were playing fort though! It will stop soon enough! I tell you I don't enjoy when my kids are home from school! You know how when they were little you would have given anything for another hour of sleep? Well, now, they won't get out of bed! It's the extreme opposite! I get so livid to see them lounging on their beds around noon, having wasted the whole morning!!

Jean, good catch! You are so on the ball! DS1 has been home for the semester because he's going to study abroad (Cathe's mother country) on Sunday! Lordy, I hope his flight to JFK is not delayed. The rest of his school started weeks ago. Normally he dorms at school (which is nearby).

Missy, I am so envious you can see flowering peach trees while we are deep at the start of a blizzard!
You look fantastic, as always!
I echo Jean--send me a fraction of your Energizer Bunny energy!

Colleen, you must be able to squeeze that treadmill in your workout room somewhere! Don't let it gather any more cobwebs in the basement. You're so lucky to have that room. I can picture your ballet bar! How awesome. My spin bike will be in the LR! Which is where I work out and all my Cathe stuff is on display.
VERY unlikely I'll get my spin bike. I saw the UPS guy drive right by this morning! Too bad. DS1 wanted a spin on it before he leaves. I wouldn't mind using it while we watch Big L this weekend. Oh well.

Better go clean the house....

Oh, I did AOLIH. No add-ons except Extended Stretch. I didn't appreciate ES enough while doing STS.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Cathlete
cdimatt's Profile Fields

Just got back from taking DD to get her eyes rechecked. She's been having a hard time still seeing even with the glasses. She has to get her prescription upped I was really unhappy with the doctors bed side behavior with kids. I think I will be finding a new eye doctor for her

Another Italian here. My mom is 100% Italian. Once a year I usually make homemade raviolis. My DH is also Italian and his dad is 100% as well. I've never been to Italy would love to go some day. I don't speak it either. My grandparents did though.

I really don't think there is room for it, but the bigger issue is getting DH to bring it up. We had it delivered 7 years ago. DH does uses it days a week. He will run 2-3 miles when he work outs.

I've been munching all day thanks to my TOTM. Nothing horrible but food none the less.

We are just getting rain right now. It suppose to turn over To snow later this evening.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Cathlete
cdimatt's Profile Fields

Carolyn. Betty and Mary. Are you all ok with the storm?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Carolyn described everything to a T! Great pun too! We are cozy in the house and fine so far as well. Wind whipping, over a foot of snow, and still going strong!
Cleaned the house today and my laundry baskets are empty. A little more cleaning tomorrow.
The Costco chicken pie was so salty it curled my hair! I also had a small white chunk macadamia cookie with a large spoon of cookies and cream. Ugh, I instantly regret it after. Never, ever stops me in my tracks though! Give in once, it begets more indulgences!
Mary, how's it where you are?
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Cathlete

Good Morning!

Woke up to the sounds of winds howling and the house rattling, and couldn't get back to sleep. It's still snowing and blowing, and the drifts are huge in places. We will be staying put for a while, which is no big deal since everything is cancelled/closed.

This morning was Bis and Tris and the dreaded core #2. I am determined to master that one. Does anyone else get a bit of a shock when Cathe comes on in the core workouts with full makeup on? She looks beautiful but I am used to seeing her all sweaty.

I decided to be fully bad and make a cinnamon bread from scratch this morning. The dough is rising now before I roll it out. I love to bake, and eat of course.

Also have a fire going and it is very cozy. Hope everyone else has power.

Betty, how great that your son is doing a semester abroad. Will you be able to visit while he is there? I hope he gets out ok. It seems like no one is on the roads and the airport is closed so they should be able to clear out the snow.

Carolyn, we have the outside motion detector lights as well. It seems like they are always being tripped by some animal - we have woods behind our house.

I hope you are all doing well with the storm.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good morning friends! Glad to here you all are doing okay with the storm. Starm warm!!! Its cold here....but nothing like up there!

So Tim and I are out in Tallahassee fl car shopping!

We went to breakfast on the way out of town...Tim said we were going to mcdonalds...so i was searching nutritional facts...finally decided wjat to get...and he pulled into dunkin donits!!! Yes he tricked me!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Cathlete

Good Morning Ladies. Today is sunny , cold and wind gusts to 40 mph. I hope everyone is warm and safe. I woke up at 5:30 today.

Mary I was sitting here procastinating and I saw your 9 am post that you already worked out and made bread so I got off my lazy butt and did the same w/o as you. Thank you for being my inspiration for today. I really enjoy that w/o. It is fun , fast and my arms felt so full when I was done. Core 2 is so hard. I am glad you still have power.

Carolyn I am glad you still have power also. Shovel Max will really get your heart rate up and make you sweat. Did your sister go back home yet? I bet Cuda was so cute in the snow. I hope you can post some snow pics today.

Missy Good Luck car shopping.

Betty I hope you still have power.

Marie I heard that you are expecting snow soon also.

Jean
Old 02-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Had to quick go.....but I'm Back!

Tim said he tricked me for a reason.....to break my habit of always researching the calories! Well....that will never change! LOL

I got a reduced fat blueberry muffin....and a unsweet tea! Just looked it up....410 calories

We are back home.... I am going to make lunch..then we are going to a kart race....and then after that....we are going to the volkswagen delearship in valdosta, GA..... we looked there a while ago....and I really fell in love with jetta's. I want to look at a black one....it is beautiful in the pictures online. Right now....my problem is salesmen....they are crazy...you pull into the delearships and magically they appear within secords to grill you. And my husband and salesman do not mix. A mechanic and a salesman....OMG!!! Carolyn---I am sure your husband can relate! But, at the VW delearship there is a really nice, layed back salesman, that my husband likes....this is good! He is unlike any other salesman....he lets you look around is not pushy, and well....Tim likes him..... We will see......

Hope everyone is warm!

Gotta cook.... Be back soon!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Cathlete

Up at again at 4am. I think it may be catching up to me. I'm soooo tired and my coffee didn't work this morning. I did Low Max. Hope to get some nice leg and butt DOMS tomorrow

At work until 3:30 again. Slooooow day. We have a pretty chill group of patients right now. Good for some reasons, but makes for a long shift. I'm more into people getting crazy. I love the excitement of injections, restraints and codes!

No plans for tonight. Looking forward to a relaxing night at home with my boys

Betty- Stay-at-home ban?! Wow! It does look really bad. I have a friend in Boston that posted pictures on facebook. Way to get your workout in and the extended stretch. I need to do that more ofte, I think I've done it once since I started STS this time. Did your son's flight get out ok? I have not been to Italy and don't speak Italian. I'm hoping to make it there one day though. My mom and stepdad went last year and loved it. Not sure I will ever learn Italian though. I'm ok at Spanish but hoping to one day become fluent in that language. My gramma used to make ricciarelli They are so dang good! My Ryka's are Intent XT. I really like them and yeah I think they are good for high impact and great for cross training in general. I highly recommend them. They are nice and lightweight too.

Colleen- Nothing worse than doctors and nurses with bad bedsode manner. I mean hello, why would someone go into the healthcare industry if they aren't good with people. Drives me nuts. I work with some nurses that are actually mean to the patients. The poor old people...I just don't get it! No compassion! Ya for another Italian. We rule Those homemade ravioli's sound so good!

Carolyn- Hope your knee is feeling better! I can just picture Cuda "swimming" in the snow...too cute! My friend is LOVING STS! She lieks Meso 2 better than Meso 1. I'm hoping to get her addicted to Cathe. She isn't new to exercise. She is a member at a gym and is into Spin. I told her she should try out Cathe's. She did actually just got a spin bike at home.

Mary- "The dreaded core 2"...isn't that the truth?! Hope your cozy by your fireplace enjoying the cinnamon bread...sounds real good right about now!

Missy- I have a Jetta! I love it! Tony wants to get rid of it and get an SUV which makes sense for out fanmily but I'm sure going to miss my car. Hope you enjoyed your breakfast. I wish we had DD in MN. I love their coffee.

Jean- Way to get your workout in. Yup snow here tonight and freezing rain. Oh joy!