Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Oh, man, Carolyn. I am sorry about the things that are happening to you. I will say a prayer for ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Catheite

Oh, man, Carolyn. I am sorry about the things that are happening to you. I will say a prayer for you that everyone stays well and your stress is reduced. Can you buy a fruit salad, instead of making one? Is there any way you can contact the person who asked you to bring it to let her know you've got a child sick with a stomach virus? I know I would not want to consume food prepared in a house with the stomach bug going around. This sounds like a time where you really need to say no. You shouldn't be so getting so stressed!

Betty, I hope you are feeling better, too. There is so much stuff going around right now. It's just one of the many reasons I dislike winter.

ETA: I see you told that woman you couldn't bring salad. That's what I get for reading so fast. Sorry, Carolyn.

Just call me Jen.

Last edited by Epcot Chick; 12-22-2011 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: I need to read better.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:21 AM

Carolyn - I enjoyed back and triceps, (you're going to cringe when I say this) much better than legs this morning. I just generally don't enjoy lower body, I get tendinitis in my ankle and my knees pop (I'm too young for this!).

~Rachel
Old 12-26-2011, 06:38 AM

Week 2 here we go!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:53 AM

Carolyn - I had the same problem with the disk 4 workout card - not sure why. I'm going to have to go back and make sure I got all the 1rm tests. You're not alone on the pushups, I was definitely all the way to the table top modification by the end of that workout. Boo!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Cathlete

Thanks everyone!

I think I'll be buying it. That Walmart site looks like the best deal. Just wondering if it has a barbell rack...hard to tell from the picture. I think I'll post something in open discussion about it.

I did disc 4 today. Those pushups are INSANE! I was all over modifying them today!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Cathlete

What an awesome deal on that high step!!!!!

I need one of those too...ugh...so much equipment needed. Thinking of getting the incline risers too.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Catheite

I need to get a turbo tower and a weighted vest. I think my husband is going to kick me to the curb between all of the stuff I've purchased in the past few weeks and the fact my front room looks like a gym.

He keeps offering to do the basement up for me, but my basement is like Disney World for spiders and thousand leggers.

Just call me Jen.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Catheite

Hey Carolyn-

I started Monday. I really like it so far. It moves a bit fast in some places for recording weight amts. and reps *and* equipment set up, but I will get used to it.

I am doing legs later on today. I was looking at my workout card and I think I recorded some of leg 1 RM incorrectly. I have some really light amts for things like deadlifts and squats. I'm thinking I might have recorded the weight of one dumbell instead of the total. I don't why I did that. *derp*

What are you guys doing for cardio? Are you doing any LIS DVDs? I am doing some Shock Cardio, Ilaria, and older step DVDs from Cathe. I am going to purchase some downloads later today. I need to see how much memory I have left on my laptop, first.

Just call me Jen.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Cathlete

Jen- I got a kick out of your comment about your husband kicking you to the curb for buying equipment. My husband does the same thing.....I keep telling him it's a great investment like you mentioned Carolyn, but he just doesn't buy it. Oh well....men! He'll get over it

For cardio I have been doing an easier workout on upper body days...like Step Moves, Rhythmic Step, or Athletic Step or nothing. I might start to substitute the HIIT workouts instead of the previously mentioned to decrease the time factor. Rebecca Small's step workouts are amazing too if you girls are into step...real complex choreography...super fun....I don't really work up a big sweat cuz they're not high impact but great for upper body days. On legs day that's all I do....cuz like you said I get enough cardio just doing that. On off days I do one of Cathe's workouts (Imax 3, Imax 2, Body Max (without the weight portion), or the Hardcore Extreme workouts are some of my favorites). I sometimes go the the gym...like today...I took this class called FIT (Functional Interval Training)- cardio and weights. The instructor is hardcore....reminds me of Cathe I just might be putting my membership on hold though...lately all I do is Cathe, plus that might justify the money spent on equipment to keep my DH happy!

Tomorrow is the last upper body for week 2 and probably a HIIT workout. The biggest weights I have are 15lb dumbbells so I use those for squats. For dead lifts I hold a 15 and 10 in my hand.....hard to do, but I manage. Still haven't made it to get more weights, but I really need too.

I bought a turbo tower...super pumped about this purchase. It should be delivered in the next few days...YAY! I also am getting some risers from someone I found on Craig's list. He is selling 4 total risers and a step for 30 bucks...what a deal! Not that I need an extra step but might be nice to have an extra around in case my mom or a friend wants to join me. Already got one girlfriend addicted to Cathe...my mom is next I think I'm going to buy a 5-10 lb barbell....I've been reading on the forums and those seem to be the best.

Ok sorry for rambling on...I've been meaning to write back for awhile. I've been reading your posts from the app on my phone but can't figure out to reply. It's rare I log onto the computer but so far that's the only way I can figure out how to reply. Does anyone know how to reply from a phone?

Loving this group! Keeps me motivated!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:31 PM

Well I finished wk 2 with legs today. A bit more of a challenge than it should have been. Stupid me was wandering around the house in the dark for a glass of water the other night and I injured a foot. I can still do everything, but my foot swelled a bit so my shoes are uncomfortable. If you want to push your balance just do legs barefoot!
I think most of my weight amounts have been right on. Sometimes as I near the end of a workout, I need to lighten up just a few lbs. Also, I do chicken out occasionally when I see something like 35lbs on my sheet for squats or something, but generally if I lighten up the weight, about half way through I realize I could have handled the heavier poundage.

I've been thinking about getting a high step or the slanted risers, but I really do like doing all of the incline exercises with my stability ball. I don't know, perhaps I'll look at getting them as a reward for finishing meso 1. I did just get a medicine ball for Christmas though, and I am really loving that particular ab circuits workout.
For cardio I've been doing LIS. Mostly Low Impact Challenge and Turbo Barre. I especially like doing step workouts when I'm sore, it just seems to work things out nicely