Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Jen - congrats! and Happy Birthday! I need to make a run to Play it Again Sports myself, I don't ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 06:31 AM

Jen - congrats! and Happy Birthday! I need to make a run to Play it Again Sports myself, I don't have 12lb dumbells.

Everyone - What Cardio are you all doing? How are you planning to include abs?

I'm going to do mostly the Low Impact series cardio workouts and I have a few of the STS Shock Cardio that I might do too. I Love the travel fit video too and so I might do that on some Saturdays, if I'm not too sore (otherwise, lots of yoga My plan is to do abs first each day before STS. When I did P90x I never would do the abs if I waited until afterward because I was too tired. Plus trying to block out two workout times into my day is next to impossible.

~Rachel
Old 12-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettypcw View Post
I haven't really addressed abs other than how LIS has been really working it like never before. Makes me want Ab Circuits! But I can pop in Butts and Guts. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I worked my abs.
Betty,
If you don't have ab circuits and are looking for some ab workouts to do, some of the best that I know of is in Pilates. There is a great website (Ultimate Pilates Workouts Pilates DVD | Exercise Workout Videos) where you can stream dozens of workouts for FREE!

~Rachel
Old 12-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Catheite

Hello ladies-

I've not done my 1RM yet. I am very sore from Muscle Max, I went for it yesterday, especially in the upper body. I want to be fresh when I do my 1RM tests.

Rachel, thanks for the link. That is fabulous. I am also looking at buying some of the Ab Circuits downloads. I am going to buy 3 or 4, they are like, 3-4 bucks each. I know some people don't like downloads, but I don't mind them.

As far as cardio, I was just going to rotate in some cardio DVDs. I have some to choose from. I am unemployed right now, so Heaven knows I have the time to do all of this.

I was going to Drill Max today, but the thought of using even light weights today makes me cringe from being sore from yesterday. So I am going to do an Intensity premix here shortly.

I hope you ladies have a great Friday night!

Jen

Just call me Jen.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Catheite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefuldog View Post
Hey girls! I just wanted to share my finds with you! I went to Marshall's yesterday. I scored some Cathe weighted gloves for $6 and a VERY cool mini mat that fits the step for $4.50!!!!
I still need to finish up my 1RM's for legs. I should be set to go for Monday. I have a CRAZY week next week so I hope I can start.
Carolyn
Awesome score! All of the Marshall's near me closed down. Boo.

Would you mind sharing with me how you tackled the 1RM testing? I spent a few hours yesterday doing it and just about made it through the 1st disc. At this rate, I don't know when I will finish. I figure I'm appraching this the wrong way and there's a better way.

CHeers.
Jen

Just call me Jen.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Catheite

Good luck and report back to us! I'm sending vibes you don't get ill. I know all too well what that's like.

Sent from my iPod touch using CatheForum

Just call me Jen.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:19 PM

Well, I started this morning. The last three exercises were a little bit of a struggle because I was getting tired, but overall it was great! I was a little unsure about how accurate my 1rm tests were for the first disk, but now I think that they were right on, a challenge, but doable. I have plans to do yoga tomorrow because I know I'll be sore. I'm so excited for Wednesday!

~Rachel
Old 12-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Catheite

I did not start today. I had a freaking mouse in my house over the weekend and now I am cleaning everything, surfaces, cabinets, plates, etc. I did squeak in Low Impact Challenge, though. I have so much baking and food shopping to do this week. We have CHristmas Eve and Day at my house. The earliest I will start is next Monday, the lastest will be Jan 2. I still have a bit of 1RM testing, which I will do later tonight. My son is still in school (WTH?), so I will help him with his homework (again, WTH?), and then I will do some more testing.

Grateful Dog, I hope things get better for you. I hate when there's a ton of one exercise. Oftentimes, I will fast forward when there is a segment that just goes on. It irritates me.

Just call me Jen.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 PM

I didn't mind all the pushups, although I did get tired pretty quick and then modified the rest. When I did p90x there is a workout that is only pushups and pullups -at first it is tough, but eventually it feels great! Anyway, one nice thing about this program is that if you don't like one workout - you don't ever have to repeat it.

~Rachel
Old 12-21-2011, 06:46 AM

Carolyn - I felt like I really worked, but I didn't feel all that sore afterward. I'm kind of puzzled at that.

I didn't end up doing anything yesterday, we were traveling home from my parents in NJ - but I'm back with it today. Off to do disc 2!
wish me luck...and energy!

~Rachel
Old 12-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Catheite

I think I will be able to start on Monday, so I'll just be a week behind you guys. My barbell arrived yesterday and my chin up/pull up bar arrives today. I ordered Ab Circuits Sunday, but I don't know when it will arrive, since I chose the cheapest shipping option. So now I just have to finish up my 1RMs that are barbell exercises.

Wow, Carolyn, are your kids still in school? My son just finished his last day yesterday and was up at 6 AM jumping around. If he had school today, I would be in his room, struggling to wake him at 8 AM.

Rachel-I agree with Carolyn about your non-DOMs situation. I am one of those people who hate DOMS. I don't get them too often, but when I do, I can't workout that day from the pain.

Marie-Hi! I hope you're feeling better. I hate the stomach flu with the intensity of 1000 blazing suns. I read you are a geriatric psych nurse, I am a gerontological social worker.
RetroFit likes this.

Just call me Jen.