Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Betty, we have watched Touch since it began. LOVE IT!!! We DVR it every week. We just watched it last ...

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Cathlete

Betty, we have watched Touch since it began. LOVE IT!!! We DVR it every week. We just watched it last night. Do you watch Once Upon A Time? We DVR that one too. I despise working out in the heat. That is why I don't run once it hits 70's out! My basement stays somewhat cool. I usually bring a fan down to blow on me. No one can be around when I workout in the summer cuz I am in a next to nothing for clothes! Not pretty! which brings me to the hanging belly! I have to get doing my abs!!!! I don't know why I neglect them so!
Jean, what a bummer to catch a cold right when you are recovering from your shoulder blade injury! Pump yourself full of Vitamin C!! I get these yummy chewy things that are vitamin C and Zinc. The kids love them!
I still have yet to workout! I am going to do Muscle Max. Kids want to join me...that should be real fun. NOT!
Colleen, Do your kids get April vacation? What do you do with them that week when you are working? My son is bored stiff! He keeps asking what he can do. It is pouring out! Not much to do!
My house will be smelling darn good with all of this rain, pee, wet fur....
Old 04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

The kids had their spring break a few weeks ago in early April. Unfortunately since we have to work, when they have breaks (inclucing summer vacation of course) they have to be in daycare. The daycare we use also is a site for the public 4K program so I take Lydia there at 8:25 for 4K and it goes until noon, then the daycare teachers take over and sign her in to the daycare part. Dylan's bus drops him off there too since we both work later then 3:10 which is when his school gets out. However, since the daycare was closed Good Friday and the monday after Easter (when their break was), I had to take those days off of work to stay home with them. It is so hard to get them to play outside even when it's nice out! They always want to sit and watch cartoons or play video games on the Wii...I have to turn everything off and kick their butts outside! When it's raining, I just give in and let them do that stuff, though...
Better get going here...ttyl!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Carolyn, you're 2 posts from 500! We just watched Touch last night too. It's so gratifying to see when the circle of connections closes up. I think it's ironic that Kiefer Sutherland is running around on this show, just like on 24, though it's not as urgent as terrorists, etc. We don't watch Once Upon A Time.

It's great your kids want to join you to work out. My guys barely even glance at the tv when I'm exercising! Many people say their kids join them, which is a double-edged sword. But it is a lasting fitness regimen ingrained in their brains!

I HATE school vacation weeks! I spent so much energy trying to come up with things to occupy my son's time last week, because all he wanted to do was play his computer game! He is not an outdoorsy kid, so he refused to go shoot baskets, or ride bikes. He wouldn't touch a workbook this vacation since he had a bit of math homework.

I had him read more (which he doesn't love), walk the neighbor's dog extra long, a playdate one day, daddy was home a couple of the days, etc. My kids don't function well with too much time on their hands--they want to do LESS than nothing! Good luck keeping your kids occupied. Cuda will help. And the rain is leaving, I think. The ground is dry here already.

I give up on my belly "hangage". The love handles will never go away, between too much sugar and white flour products! But I will continue to work the abs.

Colleen, I find I trip if I use higher than 1 riser on the step, since I'm not too tall (same height as Cathe, but she uses 2 all the time). I'm satisfied with that. BM2 is a killer in its entirety! I just do the C&W premix, which is a whopping 70 mins as it is.

You're amazing juggling a job, keeping fit, and mom duties!

All you gals are amazing you can do your workouts daily, because I do feel I need the rest day in between for my DOMS or achy whatnots! My tris were still tight and achy this morning from Friday!

Better. Get. Off.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Cathlete

Greetings, Ladies!

I am behind on some posts but I was able to read a few...

Jean, I am glad to hear that your shoulder is feeling better. I returned on Sunday to see that it rained all day here, and it rained all the way back on our trip up from North Carolina. My plants grew quite a bit this weekend while I was gone, so that is a nice perk. I need to do some mulching too. Hopefully I can do that this weekend if it is dried out by then.

Marie, I'm excited that you guys are a little closer to getting your own place...it sounds like you are more than ready to get some personal space back. If you decide not to take this place, I hope you find something that you like just as much...very soon! Glad your appointment went smoothly!

Missy, congrats on reaching your goal weight! As someone who has been stuck on this plateau for months, I heartily congratulate you!!! You certainly worked hard at shedding that last few pounds. Theoretically I am at my goal weight, but then when I got here I set another pound goal. I also set some fitness goals, pushups being one too, now it's putting on more muscle, and I'm finding that a little more satisfying that trying to get rid of 5 or 10 more pounds (probably because it's not working!). It has been kind of fun to set a fitness goal and see how I am progressing. That may be a fun challenge for you too.

I did not do much exercise this weekend, so even though Monday is usually my rest day, I did workout today. I did Step Moves and the Intensity bootcamp as an add on. Tomorrow I do disk 10. Hard to believe I'm almost done with Meso 1. Like Jean, I'm tired of buying stuff, but I am going to spring for some weighted gloves to use for Meso 2.

Thanks for the workout room pics. I'll try to post some of mine. I workout in my tv room, so it's not that exciting! All my stuff is basically jammed in a closet and behind my wood stove. I wish I had more room/a dedicated room too, but what can you do? I live in a teenie weenie house.

Hi Betty...you must be counting the days till your trip!

Colleen, I hope you are doing well!

Carolyn, hope you guys get some sleep tonight!

Take care all,
Eva
Old 04-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Evening!!! I came home and cooked dinner, ate, and jumed right in and got busy!!! I started STS today. Disc #1--done. I also did 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Okay, so this time I did all my 1RM's---so I have my workout sheets/cards printed. This made it very helpful. I got so frustrated last time because I never knew what weight to grab. Well, I can honestly say....my muscles are fried!!!!

I think this time through will be very challenging and keeping me wanting more. I have decided that I will do a sucess story after I finish STS---so that my picture can be be toned!!! So in 3 months.

I know I want to lose a few more pounds, but I am focusing more on my muscles. I want to be toned! I still will weigh daily for now....just because that is my one addiction. I just can't give it up!!! I few like if I know what the scale says, I will not goof up!!!

Okay...gotta go!!! Bed time!!! Chat with ya tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Cathlete

Quick update before I punch out for the day. Work has just been crazy lately. I do love it though. Makes the day go fast.

Afterburn this AM

Lunch with a nursing school friend this afternoon...love catching up with friends I don't get to see too often.

And almost done with work tonight. I'll be back here again tomorrow AM though. Then Wed PM. Thurs off and then Fri to CO to see my niece...YAY!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Happy Tuesday!!!! I did my morning cardio. I pushed myself harder than normal this morning. It felt good!

Tonight is the night....Biggest Loser....we will see who is in the finals. So excited! I hope it is someone who deserves it.

Not sure what workout I am doing this evening???? Maybe B&G???

Okay...Gotta go, BBL!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Cathlete

Morning everyone!

I wound up doing Cardio Supesets today. I just love that one! I always like doing the long premix with the bonus step but I had to stop a little early on the step portion and skip the cool down because I ran out of time. I can't wait until the kids are on summer break and I have more morning time! LIS is just the ticket when my knees are mad at me. I think part of the problem with the step aerobics is when I fumble around learning the routine I compromise my form and twist and turn my knees in ways I shouldn't. I think once I get the moves down in these workouts I won't have as much of an issue. My knees feel pretty good right now so...yay!

Missy- I can't wait to see the pictures of you after STS if you do a success story! How fun!

Marie- have fun at lunch with your friend! I miss my optometry school girlfriends so much. Even my undergrad and high school friends I rarely see because we are all so scattered. It's so fun to catch up. When we do get together I practically lose my voice with all the chatting!

Eva- congratulations on almost finishing Meso 1! Thankfully, there are very few push ups after that mesocycle!

Carolyn- do not feel bad about banishing the kids from your workout space and telling them to leave you be! We need that alone time or else we'll go batty! I've been known to lose it when they constantly come in and bug me over and over. I try to be patient some days (when I'm able to control the urge to freak out!). This Sunday we had my nephew and two nieces up for the weekend and the 3 girls decided it was pretty cool that Auntie Colleen was exercising (Lydia, Jossie and Anna are all between 4 and 5 years old). Come to think of it, that might have been partly why my knees were tweaky after BM2...I was pretty distracted when they kept coming in the room to watch! Then when I got to the weights they decided to workout with me...grabbing all my stuff, digging for the 2 and 3 lb dumbells are rarely use anymore and using my resistance bands to "work out". It was pretty funny, luckily I was in a good enough mood to just go with it!

Betty- thank you for the compliment regarding my juggling act! It is challenging, but I find the thing that helps me the most is keeping a strict routine. I also keep my life as simple as possible...my only priorities are my family, my job and keeping fit. I know these other optometrists in town who own their own private practices, are involved in all the politics of the profession and do all kinds of side things...which is great to be all involved in the profession and the community and everything but I just couldn't handle having so many balls in the air. I'm a very simple girl that way.

Okay, gotta motor...later girls!

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Afternoon! I just had the most amazing complment! I was walking through our office and passed by a drug rep.....on my way back to my office. She came up to me and said " I just have to ask....what is your secret?" I was shocked, I didn't even know what she was talking about. I was all wrapped up in what I was doing. So, I asked "what secret?" She was like " you look amazing...what are you doing?" So I then told her cardio and Cathe. She was blown away when I told her how much I had lost. Now, I am glowing. Compliments when you least expect them, make you feel awesome!!!

Just thought I would share...

Okay, so I have decided I am doing B&G tonight! I am looking forward to it!!! Can't wait!

Okay...gotta go!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Cathlete

Congratulations on the compliment Missy! You have so earned it with all your hard work!!