Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Good Morning Ladies. It is going to be a hot weekend. I will be leaving at 10 so I hope ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Cathlete

Good Morning Ladies. It is going to be a hot weekend. I will be leaving at 10 so I hope everyone works out hard.
Colleen Have a fun safe trip to Disney. I believe the rain has left the area.
Marie I hope you hear soon about the apartment.

Jean
Old 06-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Monring ladies!

I woke up this morning feeling all healthy and energetic. I put on a pot of eggs to boil while I jumped on the treadmill for a monring run. I then toke my eggs off and showered. I then made 2 slices of wheat toast with some strawberry jelly, 3 boiled egg whites, and a glass of unsweet tea for breakfast. Yummy!!! It was so good. Better than cereal!!!!

Then, I got all my lunch and snacks for the day together and left to go to work!!! I am on a roll today!!!

I think I am going to do Total Body Trisets tonight!!!

Okay, so let me tell you a storey.....Sometimes I am always wondering about different ways to exercise, trying new things.....and last night I was doing After Burn and I realized that I absolutely love Cathe workouts. I have been straying away more than normal, been doing Scott Abels, Sandra's HC (which I like), doing workouts alone (no dvd), some Kettlebell DVD. So, I have come to the conclussion that Cathe is what I love to do. So I am still sticking with my orginial plan of LIS and the new DVD's for July. I am looking forward to getting back to that. I will still stick in some HC within the month. Just thought I would share!!!

Okay, Gotta Run. Busy at work today. Be Back Later!!!!

Have a nice trip Jean and Colleen.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Cathlete

I just read reviews of To the Max - it sounds great! I am definitely doing that one first. Keeping my fingers crossed that they arrive tomorrow.

Missy, you are so organized, I need to take a lesson from you. I feel like I waste so much time sitting at the computer (although now I am at work) or watching tv when I am tired. And there isn't even anything good on!

Carolyn, I have never tried the pretzel crisp things, but sounds like I should keep them out of the house. It was funny, I was in the grocery store last night and couldn't find the regular saltines. A worker was there so I asked him, and he said Nabisco isn't making the square crackers anymore because they only appeal to the older population! He said now everything will be round and scoopable. Who would think Saltines would become obsolete?

Colleen, have a great time in Florida! Glad the rain has stopped there.

Jean, hope your Mom is ok.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Well, this is my last day of work before we leave for Florida! Yippee! We don't fly out until Saturday but I took tomorrow off since I haven't really done much packing yet. I'm excited to sleep in a little, make Afterburn my last workout before we go, and then finish up packing. We are going up to Minneapolis and staying at a hotel where they do park and fly. We figured we'd be spending pretty much the same amount by parking at the airport and this way we don't have to get up at 2:00 in the morning to drive up there and get to the airport in time!

Carolyn- I'm not crazy about pretzels but I LOVE hummus! Mmmmm. That is crazy how they aren't going to sell saltines as squares anymore! What is the world coming to if you can't get a square cracker?? I hate those little scoop shaped chips and crackers. I don't know why...they just bug me.
I'm so jealous of you guys that discovered Cathe early on! I had heard of her but had no my faith in my abilities before. I was so intimidated and didn't think there was anyway I'd ever be fit or strong enough to do her workouts. Then in 2010 I decided to just go for it and got Cardio Core Circuit! I quickly acquired about 80% of her workouts since then. Not a cheap couple of years!

Missy- have fun with your July workout plan! I can never go more than 2 days before putting a Cathe disc in. There is just something so motivating and reassuring about Cathe. She is totally my role model and hero!

Oh, I forgot about todays workout! I ended up doing one of my Ellen Barrett workouts today. My neck has still been a little tweaky so I decided to take it easy today and get a little stretchy workout in. I really wanted to do HC volume 1 but I played it safe today and I'm glad. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Later girls!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Afternoon!

Mary---I will say I am a very organized person. I like to plan everything!!! Sometimes, my husband makes fun of me, but deep down he likes it.

Colleen---I also wanted to try Cathe for along time, but I was always too scared and I thought I could not do it! So I gave in last December and I too have had a very costly 6 months buying dvd after dvd. I now own everything I want. (except, Carolyn now has me thing about High Step Training) I am so glad I gave her a shot, because I feel incrediable. Have fun on vacation. The rain is all gone from the tropical storm. Sun is shinning again!!!

Carolyn---Those pretzel crisps are so yummy! I was eating them alot, I have to limit myself. They are very addicting!!!

Okay, back to work. BBL
Old 06-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Oh, BTW...I have not received my bosu ball yet. I keep tracking but is has not arrived yet. It should have gotten here yesterday. It was shipping from Florida which normally means 2 days. It has now been 3 and I still do not have it. They must have put it on the slow boat!!!! As soon as I receive it I will let you know what I think about them!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Hi girls,

Sorry I was unable to post more yesterday. Headed to my sister's and when we got back it was clear dishes, cook dinner, catch up on shows, and headache.

It's gorgeous here today with no humidity, though warming up a bit. Love it!

Did end up doing S&G yesterday, but was half-hearted. My sister and I walked for about a mile, though.

Up until the past 2 years, I used to stop exercising in the summer months, as soon as school ended for my kids. First, because of the heat and humidity, and second, who can exercise with all the stuff that has to be done with the kids home, not to mention the distraction??

Marie, you are amazing to do AfterBurn pregnant! I can hardly do it without panting like crazy! Good luck with the apartment!

Jean, you're so hysterically right about supplements! If it sounds too good to be true, it is. As it is, I take waaay too many! (Missy, I take Cal/D/Mag, multivit, Hydraplenish, Salmon Oil, A. I probably left something out.)

Colleen, have a wonderful time in FL! Safe travels! Hope it's not too hot for you! Eat what you want and enjoy!

Carolyn, do you ever go to Peabody MA? If you're needing something to do with the kids, tomorrow is free at the Peabody Essex Museum. Free Fun Fridays | Highland Street Foundation I might go, though every year something comes up. See you there??

That's a funny story about Cathe and your vhs tapes. I used to do Gilad in beautiful Hawaii in the 90s. Stopped when my kids were really little, and started Cathe in fall of '04.

Mary, what is this world coming to, with no square saltines? What would people eat with their ginger ale when they're nauseous??

Wow, it feels unreal that we will soon have the latest Cathes in our hands! I haven't even had time to read all the posts and shipping updates, etc.

Missy, you have the energy of 3 people!

Can't seem to catch up with my mail pile, laundry, old Sunday papers, email, etc...

Later!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Oh I forgot to mention before about my supplements. I feel like it's so many it's embarassing but they are all healthy things!

multivitamin
fish oil
hydraplenish
glucosamine/chondroiten
curcumin (turmeric)
(Kyolic brand) cranberry extract with probiotics (I've had trouble with UTI's, esp. associated with my menstrual cycle)
and during the winter I take extra vitamin D

I'm thinking about using over the counter progesterone cream to help with PMS symptoms. Have any of you guys ever heard of that or tried it? I read on the internet about it and supposedly if you use just a small amount daily (like a thumb nail size amount) just the two weeks before your period it can help relieve symptoms. So I'd be using it the week before and the week of my period and then discontinue for two weeks. What do you guys think? Have you ever tried that Missy? I feel like I'm struggling more and more with the monthly monster the older I get. This past couple weeks were sucky that way!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Cathlete

Wow! Crazy busy day at work. I had 6 patients and they were allll extra needy. It went fast though so that's good.

And guess who did Disc 7 after work?! Yup I did! And so glad I did!

As far as the place goes...I'm pretty sure we got it. The landlord called yesterday and left a message that said let's meet on Mon to discuss the lease. Tony called back yesterday and left a message and we haven't heard back yet. I'm sure it's all good but I just want to hear back, sign the lease and then I'll tell everyone, well other than my forum buddies who now know haha!

Jean- Have fun on your trip!

Carolyn- I LOVE those pretzel crisps with hummus! Currently I'm addicted to the Quacker Quakes Cheddar flavor. OMG they are so good. They were on sale for a dollar at Cub Foods this week so I bought 5 bags! Hopefully they last. As far as the apartment goes, Tony is the decorator of the family. I'm horrible when it comes to that and cooking. Good thing Tony likes that kind of stuff. And as far as our roommates missing things, we don't have much set up in their place but I'm telling you they are going to have to figure out a way to buy their own food and do their own dishes! Tony and I joke that we will come over after we move out and they won't have any dishes in the cabinets cuz they will all be dirty and all over the counters and in the sink. Really it wouldn't surprise me that much.

Missy- Hope TBT went well. I'm so with you on being addicted to Cathe. I discovered her on fittv in about 2008 or so. She is the best and she is pretty much all I do for workouts. I keep telling myself I should try Insanity after baby is born but I doubt it will happen. Cathe is just so much better!

Mary- That is so crazy about the saltines. The square ones are classic! I watched the clips to the new workouts again yesterday and can't wait to try them....probably in Oct though.

Colleen- Have a blast in FL! Enjoy your family time

Betty- Good luck catching up with everything. The forums are just so much more interesting aren't they?!

Chat with ya all tomorrow, although I'm sure I'll be back on tonight checking to see if their are any new posts
Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Evening friends! I just finished Total Body Trisets Upper and Lower! Awesome workout!!! That is truely my favorite!!!!

Colleen-- I do use the natural progesterone cream (natural balance pms cream) It does help. When I remember to use it faithfuly is helps bunches. I am using it this month, so we will see. But, in the past it has helped tremendously!!! I highly recommend it. I forget to rub the cream on sometimes, but I try to remeber!!! You use a pea size drop on cream.

Restored Balance - PMS Progesterone Cream

Marie---It will be so exciting having your own place. You will not have to clean up after someone, and you can walk around the house naked if you want!! hahaha It will just be nice, you and your man only!!!! Well, till the little one comes!!! But, family only is better than with friends!!! Good luck!!!

Okay, I gotta go shower!!! BBL!!!