Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Colleen---You better take some sunscreen, our high this weekend is in the 100's. Triple digits, looks like I will be ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 07:57 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Colleen---You better take some sunscreen, our high this weekend is in the 100's. Triple digits, looks like I will be indoors all weekend!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

I love ab DOMS, but I didnt get any today. I need to start focusing on my abs again, I think we all have be slacking in that department.

We need to start adding on the ab circuits after completeing our dvd's several times a week.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

omg, I'm so proud of myself right now! I wanted to get a good workout in before we left for our trip to Disney later today. I've been battling ttotm fatigue and just feeling all blah. This whole week and even end of last week I felt like I wasn't able to put everything into my workouts and then yesterday I had to do an Ellen Barrett day to recuperate a little. I really need to do at least one Ellen a week I think because today I killed it!

I did Afterburn and it was my best yet doing that workout! I only paused once at the 25 minute mark to take a sip of water and wipe my face off and then kept going. Then after AB I did Horizontal Conditioning Volume 1! I even did most of the workout with Sandra and only went to the modifier a few times. I hope I continue to feel this good later...it could just be the endorphins talking right now!

Now to get in the shower. I am soaked! I have to run but I wanted to say good-bye before I left. I'll miss chatting with you all this next week!

Enjoy the new workouts ladies!!!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Hey, I just did TBT TB Express, and I had hardly any worthwhile ab exercises! Oh well, at least I got some conditioning in. Should have thought of STS TB first. Guess I was keeping with the LIS rotation.

Decided last night not to go to museum. And it's not in Peabody, but Salem. Duh. Couldn't afford so many hours away, wouldn't have been able to work out, must fold all that laundry, etc etc. Won't bore you.

It was briefly showery this morning, now the sun is out, and the humidity is full blast! UGH! My windows are closed tight! Working out was just gross. I just HATE summer! The rug, my sneakers, my mat, my step, my floor, everything is all sticky. Then the endless nagging of my kids. Don't sleep the day away, get off the computer, do something! Then the next day it starts all over! Can you tell I'm crabby??

Colleen, nice job! You're going to look smokin' in the bathing suit! Have fun in Orlando! Bring that sunscreen! Enjoy the local cuisine! (We're probably all already at perimenopause. It's the 10-year range before! Insane!)

Maybe I'll receive my workouts Saturday or Monday. Can't believe they've been all mailed out! However, I will really not enjoy it if it's humid out and I'm tripping on my rug.

I'm starting to see a pattern, beginning with the series with no name (Intensity, etc). I'm starting to dislike high intensity cardio! My knees no likey! I'm dreading the new workouts!

Carolyn, you must have sun and be out by the pool by now! Rock that bathing suit, girl! Enjoy those pretzel crisps! Another thing I hate about summer: mosquitoes!

I had asked my doc last yr about progesterone cream and she doesn't recommend it for my little set of issues.

Missy, the 100s? I'd wilt since I'm such a wuss! I'd be hiding indoors with the a/c. You and hubby enjoy his bday weekend!

Jean, hope your mom is doing well.

Mary, Hi! You must be catching your breath now that your girls' sport activities have subsided. Phew!

Marie, hi! So very sorry about your sister's situation in CO!

Sorry for my crappy mood! Going away for the weekend later, so will chat Monday. Enjoy your weekends.

Last edited by Bettypcw; 06-29-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Old 06-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Afternoon!!! I got my bosu ball, I have it blown up and I was playing with it!!! AWESOME!!!!!! I also got a DVD with it. I am going to do it in a little bit. I will let ya know how it goes. I am very excited!!!

Colleen---You go girl! You rocked those workouts. Have fun in Florida and don't forget to put sunscreen on.

Betty---Have fun this weekend!

Marie---So sorry about your sister, enjoy spending time with the baby, it's good practice!!! Hopefully, everything will be okay with the fires!!! Fingers Crossed!

Okay, Gotta run. BBL!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Cathlete

My DVDs arrived! I'm so excited! I want to look at them but we are having friends over around 4 for a cookout so I've been busy cleaning, and I'm not done yet. And tomorrow we are going into Boston to see the tall ships, so I don't know when I will get to try them out. But so exciting to have new workouts! Sounds like we will need extra towels handy for these.

We are also having our upstairs bathroom redone, so everything is a mess and dust is everywhere. And it is so hot today! My crazy husband told the workers to hook up the shower before the toilet, so they won't get the toilet hooked up before the weekend. My Mom is staying with me and she always gets up in the night to go to the bathroom, and I don't like her having to go down stairs in the night.

Marie, I have been following those fires on the news, very scary. I hope your sister's home survives. Sounds like a good idea to get the baby out of there and be safe.

Betty, haven't the mosquitoes been horrible so far? They have been finding a way inside our home and driving us all crazy.

Carolyn, hope you are enjoying your pool, the weather changed so drastically today.

Missy, have fun with the Bosu ball.

And Colleen, I probably missed you but stay cool in FL and have fun!

Ok better get back to work!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

OMG, my DVDs are here! I have only taken them out of the shipping bag and admired them. Have to run out for an errand!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

I am so jelous Mary and Betty! I hope mine come tomorrow. Please let them come tomorrow. My husband and I are going to lunch tomorrow, and then rushing back home hoping they arrive. As soon as they come, I am so doing Cross Fire. OMG!!! I am so pumped up!!!!

Please, Please Mr Mail man, bring me my DVD's!!!!!!

I just did a Tabata dvd that incorporates the bosu ball. It was a little strange, but I enjoyed it. It was tough. The instructor did not do a warm up or cool down, she left you to do that on your own, which I did!!!

Here is a link to the DVD I just did. I liked it, but she was Strange!!! Mindy Mylreas---tabata with toys....you use gliding discs, bosu, body bar, and pilates ball

Mindy Mylrea's Tabata Bootcamp with Toys

Okay, off the shower. BBL
Old 06-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Carolyn---Now I am jelous of you too! I want my DVD's. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow. Please!!!! Hopefully if they arrive I will also do Crossfire and we can chat about it!!! Oh Please please Please....come tomorrow!!!!!!

If you can't tell, I am really excited for some new CATHE!!!!

Hope everyone has a nice friday evening!

BTW, I am off this afternoon. I took off at noon, to go meet my man for lunch and then come home and play. Well, I ate lunch, worked out, and I have been cleaning and doing laundry!!! Now, I can play all weekend! (inside, since its going to be in the 100's) Too hot for me!!!!!!

I just baked my hubby some cupcakes!! Funfetti cupcakes!!!!

BBL
Old 06-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Default !

Good Morning!!!! It's Saturday!!! Yeah!!!!!!

I am still hoping the mail man brings my dvd's today!!! Please, Please, Please!!!

This morning I got up early did 60 minutes on the elliptical and then cooked breakfast!!! Starting my Saturday off right!!!!

Off to shower, and then go to town for a few items!!!

Have a lovely Saturday!!! I will let you know if I receive my package!!!

Oh BTW, last night I could feel my glute muscles (tight), from the bosu. This morning I can still feel them. Looks like I will continue with that thing!!! I want a tight butt!!