Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I just checked out the new workouts in the workout manager. Ok ladies, we can do these. Both of the ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Cathlete

I just checked out the new workouts in the workout manager. Ok ladies, we can do these. Both of the new workouts have a MET of 9, compared to the Hiits which have a Met of 10 and Afterburn is 8.5.

Carolyn, suicides are where you run forward and back as fast as you can. She does them in 4ds bootcamp, where you pick up a light weight on one end and put it down on the other. I have also done them in an outdoor bootcamp class, where we run different lengths of the tennis court - alot tougher!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Morning ladies! The dvd's have arrived and they are starting to ship!!! OMG, I so hope I get them this weekend!!! I am pumped!!! I just can't wait!!!

Gotta run, Be back soon!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Cathlete

Hi Everyone. Today I did Disc 17 - Legs. I don't know if this disc was easier or if I am getting used to it , but it wasn't so bad. I am dreading disc 20. I think that was a killer for alot of people.
Yesterday was so beautiful that I sat in the yard and read a book. I am reading "Imperfect Justice Prosecuting Casey Anthony". It is written by the lead prosecutor. I watched every second of that trial and I can't believe they said she was not guilty. I think the jurors just wanted to go home. One of them had a cruise scheduled for the next day. Anyway , it is a pretty good book.
I will be going to my Sisters tomorrow for the weekend. My Mother fell getting into bed Monday night. She said she isn't sore. So now she has to make sure she calls for a nurse at night. She is a hard woman.
I bought some Belly Bands for my Pom and Chihuahua boys. I think they would rather pee in the house than outside. I take them out every 2 hours. Anyway , I thought the Chi was going to have a nervous breakdown yesterday wearing that thing so I took it off of him. He does have it on today and he is doing much better.
I am seriously thinking of buying Body Beast when I finish this round of STS. The reviews on VF sound good.

Colleen I am so impressed with how happy you are doing HC. That looks so hard. I love it when someone is really into strenuous exercise.

Betty I catch Dr Oz sometimes. If you watched him everyday and bought every supplement he suggested , all you would be doing all day is swallowing something. I have written down so much stuff he has suggested but never bought any of it. These things can be pricey.

Carolyn You and your daughter are so funny. I can see her stepping on your flip flop and pulling it off. My husband is always bumping into me with the shopping cart . You're a good Mother. I see Colleen and Missy have gotten you on the HC kick now. I know you will enjoy it as much as they do. Colleen comes up with some good stuff.

Missy I can't wait for you to try out your Bosu ball. I am curious to hear what exercises you do on it.

Jean
Old 06-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Hey Carolyn I did CSS today, too! I love being all sweaty. I love weights, too (especially how they make me look!) but there is just nothing like a good old, sweaty cardio session! Makes me feel so happy!

Have faith girls! We can do these new workouts! Even if we have to modify here and there, I know we can all do them! Speaking of those suicides, I may just have to do kettlebell swings during those. Not that I couldn't do them but I just don't have the room to run back and forth. I'm sure there will be plenty of modifications in my future. I just love that she has the "less impact" premix on these. I'm going to make really good use of those premixes!

As far as the L-carnosine, it looks like there are some beneficial effects but I am also really leary when I hear or read "miracle" pill. There are plenty of compounds that can have a beneficial effect in the body. I remember when resveratrol was touted as the miracle and I tried to take it a few times. For me, it just made me jittery and oddly it also made me break out in pimples! I figure I'm taking so many supplements already, I will probably only add to my arsenal when there is a TON of research to back something up and it isn't just a miracle flavor of the day. Like fish oil has lots and lots of research to support taking it, so I do. It reminds me of this story about this patient I had. Lordy. She was diabetic, had hypertension, was very over weight, a smoker and her skin and teeth looked just awful. She refused to take her medication though because she insisted that apple cider vinegar was her "miracle" and she didn't need to do anything else. Taking ACV cured her of her diabetes, don't ya know! No need to exercise, quit smoking or eat a healthy diet...noooo. I told her I like to use ACV, too, but that it wasn't a miracle and she still needed to adopt other healthy behaviors. Fell on deaf ears, I'm afraid.

Okay, gotta run for now. TTYL!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Cathlete

I am having a hard time with Cathe's site today. First it double posted my message. Then I wasn't able to get in for a long time. And it is very slow. Anyone else having problems?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Okay, I'm back for a brief minute.

If they ship my dvd's today, I think I would get them Saturday or Monday. Hopefully, Saturday. If, so I will do Crossfire Saturday and To the Max Sunday. I am hoping!!!!!! Normally, it takes 3 days max when I order.

Okay, what supplements do you girls take? I take a multi, fish oil, bcaa, and calcium chews.

Marie---have you heard about the appartment?

Okay, gotta run! The roofer is back, and wants to crunch numbers. This could take awhile. I want this work done as cheap as possible. Raises are in July.....so don't want to spend to much money! hahaha (gotta look after my pay check)

BBL!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Jean---I noticed it double posted! The site is very slow today. Probably every Cathlete is on here checking on the new dvd's!!! Just my thought!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Cathlete

Whew! I finally was able to get back on the site! I wasn't even sure my other reply posted because it hit the snafu as I was trying to press submit. Looks like it went through!

I meant to say Yipee Carolyn before about getting HC volume 2! I hope you like it as much as I do! The abs sure do build up tolerance quick though...I'm having a tough time achieving DOMS lately! I know that's a good thing though! I sure do feel these workouts in the arms and shoulders! I do love tough workouts...I like to call them "challenging" instead of strenous. LOL If I think of them as too hard for me I'll never work up the mountain, plant my flag and say "There! Did it!" I'm definitely not afraid to modify and take breaks as I try to build up the endurance for a new, tough workout though. No need to get injured trying to do it! There's no shame in the pause button is my philosphy!

Okay, I was gonna post about something else and I forget what it was...I'll be back later when I remember!

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Cathlete

I remember now!

Have you guys tried putting the new workouts on the workout manager calendar yet? I tried setting up my July workouts. The workouts are on the list and they show up in the right side bar but the icon with the little picture doesn't come up on the calendar itself. I really like to look at those little icons so I can glance at the whole month without clicking on each one to know what workout I'll be doing.

Okay, gotta run again! BBL

ETA: Aw darn it, now I can't get on the workout manager calendar at all. Hopefully SNM figure out the snafus on the site today. They sure have their hands full between that and the new workouts today!

Last edited by cokonkel; 06-27-2012 at 02:48 PM..
Old 06-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Cathlete

Carolyn What's up with the Christmas Tree Shop?