Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Colleen---we were posting at the same time. We will be here when you get back. Promise!!! At least you will ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Colleen---we were posting at the same time. We will be here when you get back. Promise!!! At least you will have something to look forward to when you get home!!!! A good butt kicking!!! LOL
Old 06-26-2012, 07:12 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

I'm off to do Horizontal Conditioning volume 2. We shall see how this goes. I think I did something to my neck/upper right trap muscle while I was sleeping. I felt fine when I woke up but for some reason as I sat here on the computer it suddenly started to bother me. I'm not sure how the plank stuff will go...if I have trouble I may switch to CSS. I'll let you guys know how it went!

Carolyn- I know how you feel when you check the forum and there's nothing for long stretches! I'll do that sometimes during the workday when I'm super slow and be so bummed. At night and on my days off it's tougher for me to get on the computer. It sounds nuts that I can be busier at home than when I'm at work sometimes!

Good luck with the apartment Marie! I bet you could try one of the new workouts lower impact premixes...maybe. You could always attempt it and then if you feel unsteady stop. There is always going to be a place for pizza in my diet! It's my favorite food! I figure I can sacrifice a lean 6 pack looking stomach for my favorite foods. As long as I look good in clothes...who needs a bikini? I'll just stick to the tankini! Hee!

Okay guys...post up a storm today!!!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Morning all. I missed chating last night. We had our friends over after dinner and they didnt leave till 9:30 pm. I then had to shower and go to bed!

It was nice to catch up as they have been gone for a year. I got such nice compliments on my success. It made me feel good. It also, made my husband smile, and he said such nice things about me....how I am so dedicated and he is very proud of me!!!! It just meant alot to hear it!!!

I didn't get to workout last night, and I missed it. Looking forward to tonight. I am going to do something hard!!!!

Hope everyone has a nice Tuesday.

Check back later!!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Oh, I wonder in what order does Cathe ship the pre orders? In alpha order or in the order the orders were placed? I hope in the order they were placed....I ordered on day 1. hehehe

Okay, I have to go!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Carolyn---We had not seen them in over a year. Last time I saw them I was 55.4 pounds heavier. So, I look completely different. The tables turned. When she left she was much smaller than me, now I am much smaller than her. My husband was like, I have the hot wife now!!!! She is going to nursing school and she said she left fitness in florida because she does not have time to exercise. (she also has no children) But, I am a firm believer in "you make time". I work a full time job and make time. Anyone can!!! We all do!!! So, I was like you will get it back when you are done with school, and you get a job. You will be able to balance work with exercise!!!

And, Carolyn---I am sure you look wonderful. Hell, we all age, but just think how you would look if you didnt exercise. Its not always about the looks. It is how healthy someone is. And, with healthy eating and exercise you are ahead of the game!!! Just remember that!!!

Colleen---how you are feeling better. How did HC Vol2 go?

Okay, be back soon!

Come on girls....post away!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

I got that email too! I love oxygen mag!!! I also got the email that July 10th the abs bookazine will be out!!! Looks like it will be a good month for reading!!!

Health is what matters, beleive me, I see it on a daily basis at work. Don't ever forget that!!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Carolyn---I too struggle with my thighs. They have shrunk since I lost weight, but I still want to lose more on the lower body. I am trying to hit the lower body hard this month. I did see incredible results on the lower body when I followed LIS for several months. Maybe after I get the new DVDs I will do LIS with them and see what happens???? I just have so many dvds to choose from, I get side tracked!!! hahaha

I have a game plan.....I will write all my workouts on my dry erase calendar in my workout room, then all I will have to do is look and I will know what to do. That's it!!!! I will start LIS with the new workouts July 1st!!! I will keep up with my progress, I will do measurements on my lower body on July 1st and then on the 31st and let you know what my accomplishments are!!! See, I have a postive attitude, so I will succeed!!!!

Oh, I did not tell you......my husband took my bathroom scale away from me. You all know I have a scale addiction. I weight myself all the time (several times a day) He said he will give it back to me once a week and see how I do. I am frightened. I do not know what I weight. I do have to say.....I feel much better, not stressing over the number. I look in the mirror, and thats what makes me happy, not a number. So, we will see!!!

Okay, I gotta go!!! Sorry I wrote a book!!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Cathlete

Missy- I think that's great your hubby took the scale away! Once a week is plenty for a weigh in...I want to say I read that's what Cathe does. Weight fluctuates soooo much througout the day and from day to day it's crazy! One weigh in once a week when you first wake up is a good way to still keep track of the over all picture without getting too hung up on it. The way you look in the mirror and fit into clothes...that's where it's at!

Carolyn- I know you look fabulous girl! Remember we dont' give ourselves enough credit! Stand up straight with confidence and a big old smile because you are beautiful you fit girl!!!

I'm excited about those Oxygen mag specials, too! I love Oxygen. The only thing that bothers me about those magazines is all the insane advertisements for fat burners and various supplements. Well, that and the fact that all the women in those advertisements look waaaay too busty considering how lean they are. Not that I'm totally against all plastic surgery but it does seem to lend an unrealistic body ideal, I think. I LOVE Tosca Reno, though. I love reading her articles!

Well, I did end up doing HC Volume 2. I spent a long time warming up and stretching before I even pressed play and did the warm up on the dvd. I bounced a little on the rebounder and tried to loosen up. I had to take breaks to stretch even more but I made it. I could've done another video but I can be stubborn and I really wanted to do this one today! Have you tried Volume 2 yet, Missy? I think it's my favorite of all of them. That's the one that gave me ab doms for 2 days! It has to be those dragging planks over the step...I LOVE those!

Tomorrow will be CSS I think. I miss Cathe even though it's only been two workout days since I saw her onscreen!

TTYL!

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Cathlete

Good Afternoon Ladies. Is this the end of June or the middle of October. We are having the most beautiful day. The high is going to be 80 degrees and we have a nice breeze. I have all the windows open and the fans on high. I just want to sit outside and read. I didn't work out today because I went to the grocery store.

Carolyn How did Hockey go last night? Was your daughter in a better mood?
You really need to stop criticizing yourself. You are an attractive woman who takes care of herself. You should walk around with your head held high. When I looked in the mirror this morning I looked like I had aged 10 years since yesterday so don't feel bad. But seriously , you look great.

Colleen I hope your neck continues to feel o.k. Are you still doing the STS pyramid down? I never hear you mention STS and I don't recall you doing Meso 1 recently.

Missy Don't you have a scale at work since you work at a Dr's office?

Well as usual I don't have much to say.

Jean
Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Cathlete

Hey Jean!

I decided to abandon the pyramid down STS idea since it really didn't seem to be doing anything for me. I felt like I wasn't getting the best of either world, really. I lost some of the arm definition I had gained with STS even though I was still doing them every other week. It was a little frustrating...but at least now I know! I decided I'm going to do the HC workouts as well as circuits and kettlebells (and the new Cathe's!!) and one lower body workout a week for about 6 weeks after I get back from Disney, take a rest/yoga week and then dive into a real STS rotation. I'll probably do the 31/2 month one again but I think it'll be even better this time since I have the tower! I actually really love what the HC workouts have been doing for my arms! I feel like I'm getting some of that definition back! Yay!

ETA: Oh and my neck feels a little better. We'll see how the day goes. I just don't know what I did! It's like sometimes I'll just sleep on it weird or something...

Last edited by cokonkel; 06-26-2012 at 11:37 AM..