Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Carolyn---I just watched a preview on High STep Training. No I don;t have that one, I have High Step Challenge. ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Carolyn---I just watched a preview on High STep Training. No I don;t have that one, I have High Step Challenge. It looks like a really good workout. I will have to add this to my want list too. Dang girl, you are spending my paycheck quickly today!!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Burn and Build is definitely a good butt workout! All those lunges and high steps and swings really work it good! I do have High Step Training but I only did it one time. I keep thinking I need to try it again. I remember being disappointed in the lack of variety for the lower body as it just kept going back to leg presses in most every cycle. I was at a point where I was doing LBB constantly and was so spoiled by the variety of leg exercises in that one! I really need to give HST another chance though!

Yes, Jean definitely post! Even just small talk!

I wonder if Betty will be back soon? Mary, how are you doing out there??

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Hi my virtual girlfriends!

Got back late aft yesterday. How is everyone? I was reading most of the posts on my tiny iPod screen while I was away, so I'm going to go back and re-read everything.

Hmm, don't know the difference betw high step training and high step challenge. Don't have the topper yet, so I've never tried them.

First thing I thought yesterday while watching all that mindless, trashy tv on the airplane screen was, I'll ask the gals: Caught an episode of Dr Oz (don't usually watch it) and he mentioned anti-aging supplement, so I was all ears. Anyone hear of or take L-carnosine? He said: "It can help improve your eyesight and will help you get your vitality back. This pill can take your body back 10 years to help get rid of wrinkles and make your skin look and feel better." Doesn't that sound like a miracle??

Oh, and Shaun T was on that episode. He is smokin' hot.

I did watch the clips of the new Cathe dvds just now. Rather similar to moves on her previous workouts. Looks like my knees will be protesting. I'm sure I won't be disappointed though. Just need to move around, which I haven't worked out this week yet! Had to hit the supermarkets with a kid in tow this morning.

My sister is a daily weigher. While I was in CA, I used my other sister's scale. Speaking of fluctuations, my weight and body fat % changed each of the three times I stepped on it, all within seconds of one another! So Missy, I'm glad your hubby took your scale away. You have demonstrated dedication and will, so I'm not worried you'll fall off the wagon.

Carolyn, that was some adventure on your boat with the looming t-storm! Yikes!

Anyway, I better get going and do some chores. It's hard to waste time on the computer when my kids are home--don't want to set a bad example.

Everyone, celebrate your toned physiques, especially in bathing suits and summer clothes!

Can't seem to delete my ticker.

Catch you all later.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Ahhh, lemme tell ya...a good chiropractor is worth their weight in gold! I had some time between patients so I snuck out and got in for a quick adjustment and my neck feels so much better. I popped a few ibuprofen for the residual muscle inflammation/tenderness and I feel right as rain! Thank goodness!

Welcome back Betty! Off to google this supplement you're talking about!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Cathlete

Hi Everyone!

I did a live yoga class today during my lunch hour. The teacher seemed bored, so the class was kind of boring. The instructor makes such a difference! Anyway, when I got home from work, one of my girls had made chocolate chip cookies. The house smelled great and they were still warm, and I ate 2! Could not resist. Then I decided I needed to burn something off so I did S&H shoulders. Wow, my shoulders were on fire for that one! I am again having trouble lifting my arms!

Exciting about the shipping. I don't get a notice because I do 1st class. Maybe they'll be here in time for the weekend. I think they do ship in presale order, but not positive. Which of the new workouts will you do first? I think I will do To the Max, that crossfire looked scary! But so many premixes!

I don't have High Step Training, but I don't have a High step either. I use a chair when I have to do step ups.

Missy, I am glad your husband took your scale away. I remember years ago when I just used to diet and not exercise as much, I was feeling in a really good mood and decided to step on the scale. It had not gone down as much as I expected, and my mood instantly deflated. Now I only weigh myself when I go to the drs office, I don't even own a scale.

Colleen, glad your neck is feeling better. My mother-in-law was a chiropractor, but I never let her adjust me.

Welcome back Betty!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Evening....I got so busy this afternoon at work, I never got around to posting!!! We had a small leak (roof) at work so I was dealing with roofers. Then it was time to go home! SO I quick jumped in the truck and headed to the woods, cooked dinner, exercised, showered, and here I am.....

Welcome back Betty!!!

Mary---I too choose 1st class. I like free shipping!!!! I did order on the first day, so maybee it will be here this weekend. That would be so awesome!!! I want to do Cross Fire first!!! I like to jump head first into danger!!! hahaha

Carolyn---OMG, you got sucked into HC too. All I can say is get ready....It is HARD!!!! The first time I did Vol 1---I thought man...this is hard and then she said ..... we are ALMOST warmed up!!!! And, then I new I was in trouble...I was already drenched!!!

Colleen---I too go to the chiropractor from time to time. Luckily I have not had too lately. But, if my back gives me fits I always pay him a visit and then I am much better.

Okay---tomorrow my bosu will arrive....YEAH!!!

Off to lay down, I am so tired. Need my beauty rest tonight!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

P.S. The new dvd's have not shipped yet. The girl received shipping notice on a backorder item, she made a mistake. The dvds should arrice tomorrow and then they will start shipping!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Cathlete

Carolyn, you never cease to crack me up! I too feel the same way and don't want to be caught on the computer! I love it, but can't be seen spending hours on it. Especially now that my boys can spend forever on it too.

Game Stop! You're in trouble! Video games beget more video games!

I never turn the tv on during the day either! We are watching Master Chef (still refreshing) and Hell's Kitchen (overly contrived).

Here's a rundown of that segment in the Dr Oz episode: Dr Oz: L-Carnosine: Miracle Pill To Stop Aging? - Dr Oz | Doctor Oz Fans

I can vouch for the text, since I watched it. But beware of all that negative commenting stuff below. I didn't even see it earlier.

I need to watch clips of HC!

Missy, if you pre-ordered on the first day, you'll get it fast! I never order early on, but can't remember when I did it.

Mary, yumm, the smell of warm cookies! Can't even tell you how many I've eaten in the past week!

I better go to bed. I was sooo tired this morning.

Buona notte, mi amici.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Cathlete

Off to do some form of LIS, maybe S&G. So sleepy.

Dreading the weekend temps!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Cathlete

I just checked out the new workouts in the workout manager. Ok ladies, we can do these. Both of the new workouts have a MET of 9, compared to the Hiits which have a Met of 10 and Afterburn is 8.5.

Carolyn, suicides are where you run forward and back as fast as you can. She does them in 4ds bootcamp, where you pick up a light weight on one end and put it down on the other. I have also done them in an outdoor bootcamp class, where we run different lengths of the tennis court - alot tougher!