Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; You busted me Jean! Yep, I do have a pretty big collection. I went on quite the binge the last ...

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

You busted me Jean! Yep, I do have a pretty big collection. I went on quite the binge the last few years buying dvd's. Luckily, last fall I discovered trading on the VF forum and that helped slow the hemorhagging from my checkbook! The dvd I tried this morning was a trade I just got this week. I go to the trade exchange link on there and post a trade list of the dvd's I want to get rid of and then below that I write a "wish list" of the ones I want. It's worked amazingly well! Saved me a lot of money! I even got STS Meso 1 and 2 through trading! I had to give up multiple dvd's to get them but it was totally worth it because they were ones I wasn't using or into anymore. The one I did this morning will likely go back on the trade pile though. My knees are bothering me just from those lousy 10 minutes! They've been cracking and achey all day.

I think tomorrow I'll do CSS with you Jean! I definitely need some low impact after today!

ETA: Mar you are going to love STS legs! I loved them all!! As far as pull ups I had to just do the tubing over the door but I really hope to get a turbo tower soon!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by cokonkel; 03-28-2012 at 06:35 PM..
Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Cathlete

Missy You must have a way nicer ellip than me. I always buy inexpensive to make sure I will use it. I do enjoy mine. I am glad I got it. If you don't mind me asking , what is the highest resisitance and rpm's you go. Mine has been 4 resistance and 70 rpm.

Mar I have the turbo tower and I love it. When I do STS again , I am going to be brave and do the leg workouts also.

Colleen I always laugh at your descriptions. I picture you walking in to see a patient and your knees are making cracking noises. I hope I can keep up with you on CSS tomorrow.

Jean
Old 03-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Hey Colleen, I've been curious about the VF trading of workout dvds but have been too lazy to create an account. Do you simply pay for shipping to the recipient? And vice versa? Maybe that's a good option to clean out old ones and get new ones. I do envision you having a huge wall of dvds!
I am using the Air Optix regular non-multifocals. ($68/box! Do multifocals cost a lot more?) My doc thinks that I don't need them yet; just use OTC readers. And don't worry--I do price-shop. I used to get my rx and go and buy my contacts at Costco, but I don't know about this time. The Biomedics didn't cost me anything at the doc's office (don't ask me how), but I've since returned them, and must get the Air Optix next week, if all goes well.
Don't you just hate instructors who don't warm you up sufficiently! They shouldn't call themselves instructors!
Mary, that's just so gratifying to see those muscles! Congrats! You're soo disciplined to exercise at work too! What line of work are you in?
Mar, I liked Meso 1 Legs more than Meso 2. I found it fun! As for the pull-ups, I used tubing over the door. I certainly don't feel that it gives me an even-close-to-decent workout--maybe my tube needs more resistance!
Carolyn, isn't it funny how over time, Tupperware, NuSkin, and such becomes Lia Sophia and such? There's always something! I've often felt that if they're so good, why aren't they marketed to the mainstream?? Yet I buy vitamins this way. How was the Syn-ake price at BBB?
Jean, one can never have enough jewelry!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 AM
Cathlete

Good Morning. Well my legs are very sore this morning. It is hard going up and down stairs and getting up and down from the ground. I am so glad I did not use weights. So if I continue to work my legs , will the pain lessen with each w/o ?
My husband and I are going to Costco this morning. So CSS will be an afternoon w/o. I am dreading this more than legs. But I know if I keep doing these w/o's , I will get better and my cardio endurance will improve.
Have a nice day all and I will check in later .

Jean
Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Morning ladies!

Mar---I have the turbo tower and use it for chin ups/ pull ups. I do have a large power tower but never use it, since I bought the turbo tower. I got mine from Walmart.com

Colleen--I use to have a large collection of DVD's but I sold them all on ebay. They bought a ton of Cathe DVD's. It sounds cool to be able to trade though.

Jean---My elliptical has a resistance of 20---I have gotten to 12 (only when competeing) and rpm I have reached 72---(again, only when competeing) The last few workouts with Jillian I reached 4 resistance with 70 rpm. Tonight I am doing a map route I created. It is about 2 miles. The resistance will go to 7. Wish me luck. It is tough. But I am enjoying it.

********I CAN'T GET THE DAILY DEALS TO COME UP******** Are you having the same problem? If not, what is on sale?

Be back soon. Have a nice day!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Okay---The deals just came up! Dang it! I have them!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Today I did the express premix of CSS with the step! I usually like to do the whole workout plus the step bonus but as usual only had time for about 45 minutes of working out!

Jean- the soreness will definitely get less as you do the workouts more. In fact, you'll adapt a lot quicker than you expect. Pretty soon you won't feel any DOMS after a lower body workout. That's when you know it's time to up the ante! I'm like Carolyn where if I don't feel any soreness at all after what I thought was a tough lower body workout I'm disappointed! I wake up the next day and I'm like "awww, darn it!"
Of course, I'm a total baby when it comes to chest DOMS. I don't know why that is but I feel really whiny when I get DOMS there! Probably explains why I don't push myself too much in that area.

I've actually read somewhere that drinking tart cherry juice or pomegranate juice after a workout can help with soreness too. I always keep a glass of tart cherry juice (I buy it in concentrate form and add water) on the dresser while I work out and take sips off that instead of just plain water when I workout. I want to say I've heard of other things that help but I can't remember right now. Definitely stretching like Carolyn said helps a lot!

Betty- the multifocal contacts are definitely more expensive than the regular spherical ones unfortunately! The price I quoted for the Walgreens.com is almost cost price for retailers...they keep a razor thin margin on those to encourage people to come to the site and buy other things. My company just raised the price on Air Optix Multifocal to $95 a box!! It used to be $80 which was high enough I thought than our stupid person in charge of contact prices raised it despite everyone in the company complaining and sending him emails. He just won't back down! We're totally going to lose business but all this idiot cares about is keeping gross margin high. Makes me so mad!

The trading thing on VF is really great. You guys should try it! I actually don't have as large a collection as you would think because I'm always trading for new workouts. You pay the postage and for the bubble envelopes to send them in. I usually buy a pack of 5 bubble envelopes and it comes to about 70 cents a piece. The postage is about $2.80 if you send it first class with delivery confirmation. After my first few trades I realized people prefer it if you send it with DC just for peace of mind. It's only 80 cents extra. I also always make sure to put a little piece of bubble wrap in the dvd case to keep the dvd in place. Everyone else seems to do that too. I got one trade where the lady didn't do it and the disc was loose in the case and got a scratch. It's a bit of risk (trading that is) but I figure I'm trading a used DVD that I don't like or use anymore so it's totally worth it to get new ones to try out!

Have a great day everyone!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Cathlete

Are you ready for this one?!
So...I am all excited to workout with my new barbell. I pop Pump Extreme into the player. It was in the middle of the workout, as if I had pushed pause and then started it again. No biggie, I just started it over. 34 mins in...it skips back to the beginning!????????? I tried everything I could think of to fix it. It is odd, becasue even the counter in the bottom of the screen was at zero. It should have been counting down from like 5 mins, or as long as the tricep section was. I need to call AGAIN! I think I am just going to return it. It isn't the greatest for cardio effect anyway. I LOVE the abs though! I am so pissed!
Time to go. Kids want to play Life again. I need to empty the dishwasher and make it look like I did something productive with my day!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Carolyn, I am so angry for you, I could burst! (Where's that steam-coming-out-of-my-ears emoticon?) You must not be the only person experiencing these problems! Is there a website you can review the products and services? Make sure you're heard!

You have the funniest expressions! Never heard of crunchy, and get a wiggle on. Too cute!

I love DOMS too! But, off-topic, may I say my eating has gone downhill since I started STS!

Sigh, it has been a cloudy week, so therefore not much motivation to do anything. It's amazing how a little sunshine is like a springboard to me!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Cathlete

I am such a whimp! I called and complained...they are sending me a new disc. They don't even want the old one. I could totally be lying and they wouldn't care. No questions asked! This MUST be because it is happening to a ton of people! She even said, "now is this the only disc, or do you need me to send any more?"!!! Insane! Naturally it would have to be one of the two long workouts that it happened to. I ended up hopping on my spin bike and doing CM express. Gave me a good sweat as usual!
This weather is a total downer! Last week I ran in shorts and a tank top. This week I am back to a winter hat and lined windpants!
My eating was crazy with STS too Betty. Especially in meso 2. I was an eating machine!
Colleen, I wonder why this forum doesn't have a trade section. How cool would that be, to swap Cathe dvds?!
Time to get supper finished. Late tonight since my son is having baseball practice. They should be home any minute.
later girls!