Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Good Morning ladies! I have been trying to post all morning, but I keep getting interupted. So here it goes ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Morning ladies! I have been trying to post all morning, but I keep getting interupted. So here it goes again.

I went to bed early last night. It felt so good to get my full 8 hrs. Lately I have only been getting 7. I need 8 hrs to function properly.

So, I got my morning cardio in and it felt awesome today!

This afternoon workout is Scott Abel Day#4. Looking forward to it.

My Horizontal Conditioning DVD's should be here today. I am waiting patiently!!! hahaha

Carolyn---I keep thinking about buying a bike for CM, but I think I may wait to see if Cathe does another Cycle DVD. If she does, I am sold!!!

Hope evryone has a nice day! BBL!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

When I was exercising, I thought, Duh! Core Max! And it's not even that!

I have Cycle Max but no bike. The idea of several days' worth of saddle sore in the beginning is daunting. When I ride bikes for leisure, I can't do it two days in a row due to that! Wuss. But wait! It's not like I would do CM daily! Hmm.....

CSS was fun and sooo sweaty. But I kept looking at the clock. I'm so tired of mountain climbers, burpees, spidermans, pushups! My knees doth protest from them!!! But at least there's a stretch at the end, which STS doesn't incorporate but separately.

It is so humid today! Woolly mammoth carpet again. Doesn't it seem some rainy days are more humid than others??

I sure could have slept on! With the rain beating and the darkness, it would be just blissful.

I like the idea of TB (toned legs and tush, etc), but there's hardly a sweat, never mind cardio!

I think I'd like to try the high step workout someday, now that I have extra risers. Have to buy it first!

Marie, I don't know how you do AB while pregnant. It slays me! High fives to you, kiddo!

Missy, I'm going to take a peek at Scott Abel. Yikes, he looks like a drill seargeant!

No Cathe/exercise next week (except walking)--I'll be in CA! Hubby has a business trip and we're all going! Even better: staying at my sis'.

Last edited by Bettypcw; 06-13-2012 at 10:13 AM..
Old 06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Afternoon---I just received my Horizontal Conditioning DVD's. I am so excited. I can't wait to try them.

Jean---I have the 5 day Ulitmate Figure Program. It is amazing! You will get DOMS---like you have not had before. I was sore for 3 days after Disc#1. But, loving it!!!!!

Scott Abel Coaching Inc*::*Video*::*5 DAY ULTIMATE FIGURE PROGRAM (Downloadable)

Enjoy your nice weather ladies, it has been in the high 80's to high 90's here for over a month!!!! It is HOT!!!!!!!!

Gotta Run, BBL!!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Quick question.....Have you tried any of the skinny cow products?

I am addicted to the Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp candy bar----Milk Chocolate---110 calories. It is sooooooo good! It makes me feel like I am cheating and it is really not bad for you!!!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Afternoon ladies!

Jean- You're right about my workout choices. I realized with STS I really do enjoy the full body workouts alternated with cardio the best. I enjoy being able to hit everything at least a little bit, although I love to focus on lower body especially. That said, STS was definitely something I needed to finally focus on the upper body a little more. I'm really excited to do my little rotation I have planned and I think after that rest week I'm going to dive into another 31/2 month STS rotation with straight cardio. I was a little disappointed with my alternating STS with circuits idea since it seemed I wasn't getting the best of both types of training. I lost some of my STS strength but I wasn't necessarily gaining any additional fat loss benefits from the circuits and KB's by only doing them alternating weeks. I seemed to confuse my muscles and body a little too much! lol
I really hope everything is okay with your mom. Sending positive vibes your way!

Missy- which HC dvds did you get? I'm so excited to hear what you think! The volume 4 one, if you got it, is a little insane. I think I'm going to have to work on the other volumes and build my core strength before I try that one again. I was falling off the ball and losing my balance alot!

Have fun in California Betty! That sounds like a blast! Say, if any of you guys are dying to try a workout I have or something I could always mail you the dvd to try and you could mail it back to me after you tried it. I trust you guys would do the workout and send it back in a timely fashion! If you didn't want to do that but wanted to try out workouts before buying them maybe you guys could check out kinectflix.com. I haven't used it myself since I just prefer to buy and not mess around with a monthly club fee thing but people on VF are loving it. Here's the link: KineticFlix.com - Rent Fitness, Dance & Sports DVDs

Marie- doing AB while pregnant! You crazy lady! lol That is amazing and I'm so impressed!

Carolyn- I do love that the daycare takes the kids on field trips. Often they don't charge anything or if they do it's maybe $3-5 max. The daycare we use is sort of expensive, though. I figure you get what you pay for. It does bite a little though...I read somewhere that Wisconsin is one of the most expensive states for daycare.

I read the best post on VF today. It's a little wordy but this lady talks about a blog post she read about "Why I lift weights". It was so great! I especially liked the first 5 reasons. Inspirational! Check it out: Why I Lift Weights - Video Fitness Forum

Okay, gotta run. Have a great afternoon ladies!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Colleen---I got Vol #1,2,3,4 and Boot Camp!!! I am going to start out with Vol#1 tomorrow! I will let you know! I am looking forward to it!!! I like a good challenge!

Trying to cook dinner, just wanted to check in....BBL!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Evening! I just finished my workout and I am drenched! My muscles are sore already!

Colleen--You are too sweat!!!

Carolyn---Scott Abel---it is a very good program, but he only sells downloads now. I bought the actual DVD's about a year ago. They are tough!!! But, yes they are expensive.

Off to shower....BBL!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Cathlete

Hi Everyone,

After all that talk of CSS, I had to do it last night. I love it, but I its much harder for me to work out at the end of the day. That and the humidity, I was dripping. No time to squeeze in a workout today, I am in a training class at work and my husband is on a business trip this week so its extra hectic.

Jean, sorry to hear about your Mom, I hope she rebounds. I take my Mom back to the neurologist on Friday to get the results of all the tests she had. I hope he can tell us something.

Betty where in CA does your sister live? Both of my sisters live in San Diego, we were there in Sept. for my niece's wedding.

Colleen, that was a great post from the VF forum.

I am thinking of doing more full body workouts again, just to change it up. And I am so excited for the new workouts, but a scared at the same time. There's a new picture up and they have the blue band around their legs, and Cedie's ponytail is flying so they must be jumping with the band on. Yikes!

Did not catch up on all the posts but need to get some dinner. Have a good evening!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Cathlete

Thanks for all the compliments. You gals really know how to make someone feel good. I must say I am quite happy that I have been able to continue my working out; it makes me feel so much better. Tony and lots of the girls I work with say I make them nervous with working out but honestly I would never do it if I felt it wasn't safe or if the Dr said I shouldn't. Glad I have you guys for support!

Afterburn went well. Hoping for some DOMS tomorrow

Carolyn- Those Tshirts are insane. I couldn't imagine what type of parents would actually let their chidlren wear those. C&W is pretty dancy but I bet once you get the hang of it you would like it. It's an easier workout so fun for a break.

Betty- Have fun in CA!

Colleen and Missy- All this talk about Horizontial Training. I might have to look into it. Colleen- Are you serious about loaning out some of your DVD's because I will totally take you up on that offer!!!! That would RULE hardcore! I would for sure do it the same or next day I received it and then send it back immediately. Missy- I LOVE Skinny Cow products. I haven't had too many but I do love the ice cream sandwiches and the ones you were talking about YUM!

Jean- Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she gets better soon! I'll check out that website and vote

Mary- CSS at the end of the day would be crazy! Of course even going for a walk is hard for me haha! I have never been one to workout after a long day.

UGH! Is it 11:30 yet?! After 5 days off this is the longest day EVER! And I have to be back here at 7am tomorrow too. How dare they schedule a pregnant chic like that?! Alright off to search the forums. Crossing my fingers that my patients stay in bed....at least until I punch out haha!

Marie
Old 06-14-2012, 05:32 AM
Cathlete

Good morning!

Last night I thought ahead to my day today and realized I would have no time for a workout again, so I got up at 5 and did kickbox from 4ds (after a cup of coffee of course). It was tough at first but now I feel great, ready to take on my day! I tell you, yesterday I had so many things going on and not able to work out, I was screaming at everyone and I really don't like it when I am like that (my kids would agree!). So today will be much better. Also, during training they bring in big plates of cookies and muffins to keep everyone awake with sugar, and they're hard to resist. Wish they would supply fruit!

Carolyn, those t-shirts are disgusting.

Marie, you are doing great with your workouts, keep it up. Your body will tell you when to slow down.

Ok, have a great day!