Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi Everyone. I am home now. It is nice to have things back to normal. I ordered the special deal ...

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Cathlete

Hi Everyone. I am home now. It is nice to have things back to normal.

I ordered the special deal today Gym Style Chest and Triceps I think it is. I love when she has something on my wishlist on sale.

No exercise today. I am going to lay in bed and watch my this weeks Netflix movie which is "What's your Number".

Have a great day everyone.

Jean
Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 AM

Default The end in sight

I can't believe I'm about to start the final week of STS! I've never really accomplished anything like this before. When I'm finished I'll take a week off then I think I may do P90x again for something different (and finish it this time) In the Fall I think I'll come back and go at STS once more, probably with a barbell the second time (I've only been using dumbbells). It's been fun to watch all your progress along the way!

~Rachel
Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Cathlete

Missy, congrats on the 5K!

No workouts for me this weekend. Spent the weekend in western MA at my daughter's volleyball tournament. I did manage to get some walking in, between games. I need a good Cathe workout though, hope to get back on track with STS disc 17 later today.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Cathlete

I am on a mission to get rid of my muffin top! Yesterdays weather made me realize that I could be in a bathing suit MUCH sooner than I think! I have been ignoring my core. I can not ignore my core anymore! lol!
I just got back from a run. I am dripping in sweat! I am headed downstairs to do Gym Styles I think. And my belly!!
Carolyn
Old 03-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Cathlete

Did GS chest and triceps. Kicked my butt! My arms are shaky!! Then I did the core dvd from Les Mills. Awesome!!!! Love the instructor. Could be his accent!
Time to shower. Loads of errands. 2 hrs of exercise is nuts! But I feel fantastic!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Hey ladies,
What great weather we've been having the past 2 days--sunny, low 70s! I love it!
Rachel, kudos for nearly finishing STS! We miss your posts! Keep 'em coming!
Carolyn, we are your new friends, don't forget! Your family is very fortunate to have you at home. The quality time you give them, as well as you mom and sister, is immeasurable! That's what I tell myself too! I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of my muffin top!
Jean, thanks for the idea for that movie. Did you like it? I love chick flicks and rom coms, the fluffy, not too complicated, happy-ending stuff. Got Downton Abbey season 2 this weekend, so I'll have to cram it all in this week. And speaking of mothers and sisters, I'm sure your sister is so grateful for all your help this weekend.
Colleen, your backyard sounds amazing, like we'd love it there! We love to cook food on a firepit, thought it's one of the round, mobile ones. My kids love to do s'mores, and crescent rolls, and chicken nuggets, and sliced beef, and hot dogs, and shrimp. Sounds unusual, I know! We come up with different things to try and it ends up being fun and delicious!
Marie, I agree with Colleen--take those naps, daily! Once the baby is born, you'll be sleep-deprived for a long time. Say, for about 18 years!
Mary, keep up the great work! You've steadily been one disc ahead of me.
Completed Disc 16 chest/bis/tris, along with Stretch Max. Takes forever! I'll go out for a walk later too, to soak up this beautiful day!
Have a great week everyone!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Hello ladies!
Yesterday I did disc 28 chest and back. I'm still not loving the upper body discs in Meso 3 as much as I did with Meso 1 and 2. The shoulders, biceps and triceps one was okay. I think I like that one better because I can actually see the definition in my arms with working those muscle groups whereas with chest and back I don't feel as much instant gratification. The discs are sooo long (68 minutes for 2 muscle groups!) and when I'm done I still feel like I need to work out more! I took out Cathe's MMA Kickbox for some light cardio afterwards. I remember why I wasn't crazy about that one...combo 1 and 2 are good but I didn't like the twisty turny moves in combo 3. I also don't care for the drills in that one but I do like the core section. Soooo...despite working out for a long period of time I still felt like I wasn't thorougly "worked out" if you know what I mean!

Carolyn I'm glad you liked the workout you did from Les Mills! I'm looking forward to hearing more about that system. Keep us updated! Oh and I forgot to say before....Congratulations on finishing STS!!

Maryk I know what you mean about feeling like you need to get back on track...I've been totally off track when it comes to calories and portion sizes! I don't know why...it's not hunger so much and I'm usually really good about portion control but I've been terrible the past few weeks! I feel like I need to do more cardio to offset my slip ups!

Hope we get more action on the boards today! TTYL!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Betty we were posting at the same time! Have fun on your walk later. Isn't this weather nuts? I feel so disoriented by how quickly it got warm...I still have the kids snowpants hanging up in the laundry room!

I forgot to ask before...anyone watch the Walking Dead season finale last night?? I always have such a tough time going to sleep on Sunday nights that we usually record that show and watch it later in the week (makes the insomnia even worse for some reason!). We just couldn't wait to watch it though! I have to say, I really really hate Lori! Why can't a zombie just eat her already?? I'm also not liking Carol. Why oh why is it so hard for show runners to make likeable female characters? It was awesome though and I'm really excited for next season!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Cathlete

45 minutes left of work and counting. It was my first AM shift in awhile and man am I tired! I was really hoping to get a workout in today but not sure how that's gonna go. Maybe I'll go home and chill a bit and then go for a walk. Would love a nap but I have to get up early tomorrow morning too and don't want to mess up my sleep schedule.

Ok enough about that haha. Not much else going on with this pregnant chic

Thanks for the info on how to delete the ticker, Carolyn. I deleted STS and added the pregnancy one. Let's see if it worked.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Cathlete

Ok let's try this again....