Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS first time!

This is a discussion on STS first time! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Have fun with CSS Carolyn! I'm so glad you got your money back from ebay! Thank goodness they made it ...

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Have fun with CSS Carolyn! I'm so glad you got your money back from ebay! Thank goodness they made it right!

I did Lower Body Blast today: the standing premix with the leg conditioning drills. Usually I about die at the end of the standing portion where she does the static lunges with the barbell and peter out early on those but I made it through this time! When I got to the barre section at the end, the moves where you go up on your toes and do those thigh pulses I avoid (even flat footed those moves hurt my knees) so I subbed various firewalker moves after the leg lifts until she got to the cross over lunge part at the end. I was literally dripping with sweat! I was bent down over the bar of the tower doing the lifts and sweat was drip drip dripping off my face onto the mat. It sounds a wee bit yucky but I was actually tickled.

So I just had this patient this morning with a severe viral conjunctivitis which looked to be EKC. This poor kid. It's one nasty red eye and VERY contagious. I feel a little OCD right now...ever since they left I've wiped the equipment down 3 times with industrial strength antibacterial wipes and keep feeling the need to wash my hands again and again. Then we had the most annoying contact lens rep come in. I can't stand this guy. I come back from the restroom and there he is, talking to one of my patients about a contact lens solution that I don't recommend (and in particular had recommended something different for that patient specifically). I give him the old stink eye and he knew he screwed up. Lord, I hate sales people! (no offense to anyone in sales...)

Mary- virtual high five for getting up at 5 am to workout! I have managed to do that a few times but it is REALLY hard for me! I wish I could be consistent about getting up at that time so I wouldn't be rushing around so much in the morning and running late half the time. It's so nice with summer here...more time to workout and still sleep in a little.

Marie- I hear ya on craving cardio with the elliptical. I've been coveting Missy and Jean's ellipticals this whole time! It's is so nice, just once in awhile, to get a little cardio without thinking too hard. I used to use my treadmill a lot for that but it's been banished to the basement to make room for all my other stuff! Someday I will get an elliptical!!

Jean- I hope everything goes okay at your sister's and with your mom.

Okay, gotta go! TTYL

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-15-2012, 06:47 AM
Cathlete

Whoa! Where did everybody go? No posts since 3 pm yesterday!

Today I have quite the DOMS from LBB! I think it was because I really pushed it through at the end there! I can't decide what to do today. Originally I was planning on a kettlebell workout, then I thought maybe another Horizontal Conditioning since the other ones I ordered came yesterday! I don't know though...I've pushed it pretty hard this week and I'm really feeling it so I may have to go with one of my Ellen Barretts. I probably won't decide until I actually go to pop one in the dvd player!

TTYL!

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Morning ladies!!!! I got my morning cardio in, but it was a challenge. I kept getting interrupted. But, I got thru it!

Jean---I have you and you mom in my thoughts.

I got the few pounds I gaine doff and 1 extra. So excited!!!! I am loving mixing Scott and Cathe together. I feel so strong. I am really starting to see my arms pop. I was so excited last night about how my arms look, I was running around to house flexing. My husband, told me I looked great and he was scared of me!! hahaha

Anyways, I am at work. I will check back soon.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Cathlete
Bettypcw's Profile Fields

Yesterday was mobbed for me! Had my son's piano recital in evening. Phew, another thing finished! Last half day of school today.

I did LICh today and not much has changed since months ago when I did it--I am completely lost after the warmup and first routine! I don't have time today to rewind ad infinitum until I get it! I still sweat madly but I can't seem to learn it. Too many darn turns! I will pick it up right after CA.

Jean, sending good thoughts to your mom.

Carolyn, congrats to Dylan and her hula hoop talent! I was so nervous at the recital too. Great you got your money back!

Mary, hope you get good news for your mom today. Sending good vibes.

My sister lives near the Facebook gazillionaire Mark Z! We're leaving tomorrow and I'm not even close to packing yet! Yikes!

Getting up at 5 am to work out?? Sigh, if I ever get a job, that's what I'd have to do. I'm a HUGE sleepyhead that early!

I have to say that I'm all right when I don't work out. Must be that you gals are addicted to the exercise endorphins!

Have a great weekend and week! The weather is gorgeous right now! I should be able to check in next week. Ugh, can't seem to remove my ticker...
Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Betty---Have fun!

I just won Horizontal Conditioning Get the ball rolling on ebay!!!! For $9.00. Yeah!!!!

Is it 5' oclock yet? I will be so happy when I can go home today. This has been a week from hell at work. The patients are coming out of the woods!!!! Just crazy busy!!!

Tonight, we are having new york strip steaks on the grill, fresh yellow squash from the garden, low fat cottage cheese, and rice! Sounds Delish!!! Looking forward to it! I also love to grill. I would rather grill a piece of meat at home than go out! Much healthier!

Where is everyone?

Okay...gotta run!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Cathlete

So today's workout was.....(imagine drumroll here)

Ellen Barrett's Power Fusion!
I realized that I pushed it pretty hard this week and needed that kind of stretchy feel good workout. It was great! Ellen is totally my Zen master! She does do that thing I hate which is talk about "bulking" and doesn't believe in heavy weight lifting for women. I try to ignore that aspect. Not everyone is so enlightened about weight lifting! She is very fluid in her movements though and is a very inspiring, sweet instructor to workout to. I find I actually prefer her stuff over yoga these days. So many yoga dvds move so slow I feel antsy doing them...which I'm sure isn't the point of yoga! lol I actually posted on VF about the workout today and how it dawned on me toward the end of the video that Cathe and Ellen are the perfect yin and yang for me. I do find I reach for Cathe 95% of the time and Ellen more like 5% though.

Have fun at your bachelorette party Marie! I went to Canterbury park once. It was fun! Do you ever bet on the horses? I'm a terrible gambler...some would call me a jinx!

Jean- have fun with your recovery week! My parents always used to cook with charcoal when we were growing up. You can't beat the taste! We have a gas grill now and of course it's more convenient but it's just not the same!

Missy- Congrats on the ebay win! Have you tried any of the volumes yet? The Get Rolling dvd is easier than those, I've read. Plus there isn't any music in the clip which I thought was odd. It does have shorter (like 25 minutes I think?) segments which would make it great to use as an add on to other workouts if you wanted to do that.

Carolyn- congrats to your son for winning the game! I wound up getting the volumes 1-4 of HC as well as the bootcamp. I think I'm going to concentrate on vol 1-3 first and conquer those before trying vol 4 again...and the bootcamp looks super tough too!

I wonder if we will get the new Cathe's before June is up? I would LOVE to be able and do them before I leave for Disney!!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Well...today is taking forever. It is atleast afternoon.

Jean---Thanks. I do have long hair. My hari is naturally red. I have highlights in it. It looks really pretty when I wear it down. It normally is up in a pony tail, because when I am not at work, I am normally in exercise clothes and working out or getting ready too.

I do stuggle keeping it up while workout out. Any advise or recommendations on scrunchies? They just seem to fall out when I am doing high intensity DVD's.

Carolyn---How did you like Drill Max? I am doing Drill Max tonight. I am looking forward to it. It always gives me an exercise high. And I always end up drenched!!!! Really funny, I am looking forward to getting my butt kicked!!!

Marie---Have fun at the races!

Colleen---I did about 20 minutes of Vol#1, after I had done 45 minues on the elliptical. It is tough!!! I too, hope we receive our Cathe DVD's this month. I am really excited! My husband too handles the grilling, we also have a gas grill.

Okay, gotta run!!! BBL!
Old 06-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Cathlete

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the well-wishes for my Mom. We just got back from the neurologist. I guess the good news is that there is nothing wrong with her brain physically, there are no signs of epilepsy or strokes. But the bad new is, that means it is dementia and there is nothing they can do for that. So we need to make some changes in her living situation.

So anyways, I did STS Total Body today. I forgot about the 1RMs for that, but luckily most of those were filled in from regular STS. She moves pretty fast in that one, and I had to go down in weights a few times but I was definitely lifting heavier than before I did STS.

Carolyn, you must be so proud of your daughter for participating in the talent show. Good for her! And now I'm going to have to pull Drill Max out again.

Betty have a great trip!

I love grilled food in the summer. My husband does the grilling also, but sometimes I think I should learn how to do it. We had charcoal grills growing up, and I remember how long it took the coals to get just right. Gas grills are quick, but don't give the same flavor.

So guess where I am off to now? Another softball game! The season is supposed to end on Sunday. And we must be the only town still in school.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Cathlete

Slow day at work! Can't wait to get outta here!

I'm so sorry about your mom's dementia Mary. That is the one thing that always saddens me the most and freaks me out for my own future. Luckily we don't have any Alzheimer's or dementia in our family but Mark does on his side. His poor grandma is suffering from it and she gets more confused every day. She isn't at the point where she doesn't recognize family members, thank goodness, but it's still sad to watch her repeat things and generally seem lost a lot. I hope you guys can work out a good living situation for her.

Marie- I would go batty if I came home to that mess! Hopefully you guys can get your own place soon!

So I don't know if I ever told you guys that we own a duplex as a rental unit. Being a landlord is the worst and we want to sell this dang place as soon as we can! We had to evict this awful guy and Mark was just down there today dealing with it. He had the police with him...him and his girlfriend are severe alcoholics and are mentally unstable so Mark was afraid what might happen on eviction day. They were both passed out drunk and apparently had warrants out for their arrest, so the police hauled them away. The apartment is just a war zone I guess, totally destroyed.

Hopefully Mark will be in a decent mood when I come home tonight...I'm trying to be optimistic!

Old 06-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

Good Evening! I just finished all my chores, and I am tired already! hahaha

Marie----PH---Power Hour---I think? I would go crazy, if I came home to a mess like that. My husband knows better, I have him trained! We are actually both crazy about the house. He has always put his dishes in the sink and or washed them. Alot of people I know have horrible dirty houses, where I would not even what to come inside, just from what they have told me..... I am not saying my house is always spotless, but I try to clean it every week. I do have a dog and 2 cats inside.... but they are trained also! hahaha I hope your husband finds another job and you are able to get your own place. Nothing like, "HOME".

Colleen----Hopefully your husband we have calmed down.

Off to workout....BBL!!!