Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

This is a discussion on STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!! within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Nancy, so Kikster starts right after you finish the "regular" 3.5 month rotation? It seems like a great idea to ...

Like Tree654Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 09:51 AM

Nancy, so Kikster starts right after you finish the "regular" 3.5 month rotation? It seems like a great idea to keep going with it through the summer! It must be fun too to see how much strength you've gained - especially when you get back down to M1.

And thanks for your sample recover week. I'm definitely going to file that away for future reference.

STS
Old 05-16-2012, 11:09 AM

Toni and Pam,

I got it! And my order status still says "processing." So maybe yours have shipped as well.

Happy dance!

Dawn
Nanbo likes this.

STS
Old 05-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Cathlete

Sorry....just getting back to this thread. I did get my shippment notification. Looks like it will be here tomorrow, which is really quick!!

I won't be starting on Monday. I am leaving on vacation in the middle of June, so it's not a good time to start. Also I want to get some type of squat rack and the slanted risers for my step. That's quite a bit of an investment still left for me to make and I need to spread it out a bit. I may not actually start until August when all the craziness of summer dies down.

I also want to take some time to figure out the Workout Manager and this 1RM thing. Both of which have me baffled right now...LOL. STS seems very technical so I want to spend some time reading the book as well. Luckily, I have so many Cathe DVDs that I haven't really experienced yet it's ok. I just found Cathe in March of this year and I'm loving ALL her stuff. She's causing me to go BROKE!!! But it's worth it
Nanbo likes this.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 PM

That makes complete sense about not starting. The program really needs to be timed perfectly, doesn't it? The good news is that you have it in hand and you can always feel good about the great deal you got!

Understood about the monetary investment to do this properly! Hey just a quick thought - might you consider a bench instead of the step risers? For the same cost you can get an inexpensive one. Mine is the Cap Barbell Fitness FID Bench - it was only $50! Just a thought. It's really comfortable!

STS
Old 05-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Catheite

Dawn--I bet you will get your package today. Step-N-Motion was the place that charged my plastic for my Cathe's order. I should have mine before Monday also.

Thanks for help in starting with the 1RM testing. I am going to get going on it today. I think I am going to go with the 3.5 months as well, as I have had troubles staying with a set routine for more than a month. So, I can't see myself doing 6 months! But I am also doing a lot of landscape work on my new house this summer. As I live in mountains (Colorado) that means carrying a lot of rocks and logs, usually uphill ;=)). I don't want to overdue it. So, I guess I will just listen to my body and switch if I have to.

Nancy--Great to hear how you are using STS beon the initial time.

Pam

P.S. I started writing this hours ago, but work interfered and I never got it sent. Dawn--hopefully you have your package now.
Nanbo likes this.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Cathlete
Nanbo's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
Nancy, so Kikster starts right after you finish the "regular" 3.5 month rotation? It seems like a great idea to keep going with it through the summer! It must be fun too to see how much strength you've gained - especially when you get back down to M1.

And thanks for your sample recover week. I'm definitely going to file that away for future reference.
Dawn,
The Kikster IS the 3.5 month rotation with M2 and M1 added on. It's listed in the Workout Manager under the Rotations tab if you ever want to download it .
Are you still doing your HAPPY DANCE over your arrival of STS???? I just couldn't stop looking at the guide and planning out my 1RM schedule...FUN!!!

STS 3.5 Month Graduate! July 23, 2012
Old 05-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Catheite

My package came today!!!! I am doing a Happy Dance too!!! We don't have home delivery here and I only went to the PO as I needed to mail a package. So glad I did! I sat outside the PO and looked through the book. Got some strange looks, but I didn't care.

Do you Nancy or Dawn have a squat rack? I have Cathe's 2 weighted vests (10# and the adjustable one), which is an option to not using a squat rack for STS. My equipment has already outgrown the closet I store it in, so the rack would be out in the living area. Not real terrible and I know most of the racks can be taken apart if not going to use for awhile.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:59 PM

Pam, great news on getting your package! Yay! Speaking of the book, now that you have it - that big printout of exercises I told you about is right in the back of the book.

Wow - sounds like this is your summer to get in shape - with all the landscaping and STS - you'll be smokin' !

Funny you mention the squat rack - we are in the middle of conversation about them over in the "Ask Cathe" forum under the thread "Is the Turbo Tower Gone Forever". We are discussing squat stands which might work well for you because they look relatively portable. Check out that thread.

Nancy, thanks for the information about the Kikster. What's nice is that it seems like is something you can decide to do as you get closer to the end of the program. Yes, still dancing!

STS
Old 05-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Catheite

Dawn--Thanks for referal to the rack thread. It had some good info and I think I will order the one being recommended. Also previewing Disk One last night, found I will need incline risers for my step (as I will be using it as bench). But I am going to start anyway Monday! How did you like working out to Disk One? Great feeling to start, I bet!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 AM

Pam, I too ordered those squat stands! I think they'll work well.

Actually, I didn't start yet. I was just playing around with my signature. I start Monday right along with you!

I don't see too many others chiming in that they are starting this month so perhaps we should jump over to the "What have I gotten myself into" thread per Natasha's suggestion. There are a few ladies in there who are just a few weeks ahead of us - I bet we could learn a lot from them!

STS