STS CHECK IN DISC 36

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Well, this is it Everyone! The FINAL workout in the entire STS program. We all need to give ourselves a great big pat on the back (with our superiorly strong arms ;)) for a job SUPERBLY done! Dedication and Commitment equals Hard Earned Results....and we have certainly proved that. Looking forward to reading about how your crossed the finish line. Report your FINAL workout results here. Those of you who are still a few weeks behind us....keep your focus and most importantly KEEP SHOCKING IT !!!! We're right at your side cheering you on!!!

Disk 36, the End

I finished this out today since I am heading out of town tomorrow. What a way to end this program! I worked hard for those last reps! I will give a few examples to show where I was 3 months ago, and where I am today.

Concentration Curls) Disk 1: 12 lb dumbell - Disk 36 Today: 20 lb. dumbell :D
Seated lateral Raise) Disk 1: 5 lb. dumbell - Disk 36: 12 lb. dumbell :D
Cross Body Kickbacks) Disk 2: 8 lb. dumbell - Disk 36: 15 lb. dumbell :D
Seated Overhead Extension) Disk 2: 8 lb. dumbell - Disk 36: 13 lb. dumbell :D
Bench Press) Disk 13 (meso2): 40 lb. barbell -Disk 34 (final) 65 lb. barbell :D

I know to some that may not seem like heavy weights, but it was for me. In the beginning of the program, there were days that I cried, screamed at the tv, cursed, you name it. Meso 1 was a time of constant soreness. I am so glad I never gave up. I feel amazingly strong and determined to continue working this way. This program has pushed me way beyond what I thought possible. I thank Cathe and her crew who never fail to entertain and motivate, and all the fellow STS'ers for posting their results honestly and keeping me motivated. Way to go!!! Have a good holiday weekend!

Wow, I can't believe how fast the 3 month rotation went !!!! How can it be DONE already ????

I loved it and I feel like I accomplished something big.

I went heavier on several of the exercises today than it called for , I just felt like I could do it, and I wanted to end it STRONG !!!

Thank you again Cathe, for a fantastic system. I'm honestly sorry that it's done and am looking forward to doing again in the not too distant future.

I feel STRONG LIKE BULL !!!! :D

Becky

THANK YOU Cathe!

Hi Cathe! Dave and I enjoyed the series so much that we decided to start all over. (Getting ready to finish week 2 already.) We have both gotten much stronger and I see myself picking weights a bit higher then my 1RM for some of the exercises this go-round. I cannot tell you how happy I am that Dave fell in love with STS. It is the first time he has ever stuck with exercise on a faithful schedule. He came home from a golf outing a few days ago and said he couldn't believe how he was "crushing" the ball and even his friends noticed his strength. :D We went out & bought heavier dumbbells due to our previous ones not being heavy enough. So, we both say that STS gets an A+! I can't wait to see where our 2nd. time around takes us. Thanks for this phenominal masterpiece!!!

I can't believe it is over. Disc 36 was great. I could lift at target weight or even a lb. heavier except for the barbell curls. Not happening. I found this difficult thru out the series and had to go down a couple of lbs. Overall todays workout was really good. My arms and shoulders are exhausted in a pleasant way. This was a fantastic finish to a great series. No dread factor at all and overall gains in strength and surprisingly in cardio endurance. Now I can't decide what to do next.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! These work outs have been amazing. My DH and I have had such amazing results. I did both the plyo and rack leg versions each week. I went from squatting 50# to 95#. I was even able to do both disc 35 and 36 at that weight. All my other body parts went up 25%-40%. This format worked so well for me.

My question is on going back to work outs like Power Hour, Muscle Max, Gym Style how do we use the 1 rep max and be sure to use the correct weight? Would endurance based workouts be at the 70% and GS or Slow and Heavy be at 85%?

Thanks again for your amazing dedication and kicking my butt!!!

I finished Disc 36 yesterday. Wow! I had a terrrrrible night's sleep, and laughed when Cathe told us this wasn't a workout we wanted to do with a poor night's sleep. Well, that was me. I did it, but boy it was a tough one! I stuck with all my weight loads, 8 reps, right up to the last few rounds. My last couple of rounds of concentration curls and cross body extensions had me failing by the 6th rep. I did the last couple of reps, at that point, as an assisted negative.

The workout obviously gave me a great swell in the muscle (edema), because I got so many compliments yesterday on my arms! Makes me want to keep on doing these workouts, because I don't want to lose the lovely pump! But alas, I DO feel the need for a recovery week, and then my summer doesn't look amenable to starting another round. I'll wait until the fall (when STS Cardio will hopefully be available).

This morning I finished off the cardio rotation with DrillMax Lower Body premix, and AC Medicine Ball abs. Fantastic workout. I'm so happy to have this accomplishment under my belt!!

Here's a QUESTION FOR CATHE: Can you please provide some very specific advice or suggestions on how to simply maintain? Can we use the STS workouts in some modified fashion to maintain our gains? I would love to see the June Rotation be a "Post-STS Maintenance", if that's possible. Related to this....can you give us some guidelines on how to use your other weight routines? For example, roughly what percent of our 1RM should we be using with those routines? Maybe these questions should be asked in the AC forum, or the CatheTV forum. Here's hoping you see it here.

Have a great weekend!
Sandra

cathe, thank you for this system. thank you for my stenght gains and my self confidence. mostly thank you for working out along side us on this one. it helped knowing you were sweating right with us. waiting on sts cardio and then its on for another round. much love to you and crew. fitjock

I loved it

I am definitely stronger. I finished last week. Today I did HSTA and everything was too light, but I'm supposed to be resting. ;)

I loved this program, am very impressed. Was very surprised that I got so much accomplished just working each muscle once a week with weights, and taking week-long rests.

Thank you Cathe. This was a real masterpiece.

I feel a bit lost without the structure. I'm taking a couple of months of "normal" Cathe and cardio, then trying the 6 month rotation.

I am so glad I bought these.

With 'ya

Everything you said. I feel like a rock - and my eating wasn't that great. I'm going to take this summer and try to double/triple my runningh miles per week, then drop off on that and hit the 6 month rotation for STS. Im kind of bummed it's over. What a ride it's been. And worth every penny and every drop of sweat! Cathe - thanks for providing us home exercisers with something that goes above and beyond.

:D:DHi Cathe and my fellow STS Warriors:D

Wow! Can you believe we did it!!! I feel like I just did something big like run and complete a marathon or something. I do feel so much stronger. I've noticed that I now feel my abs engaging when I lift weights and I'd never felt that before. I did feel on this last workout that I could go heavier on the weights so I did by 5%, and felt victorious. I do believe I've increased my strength overall more than 5%.

Disc 1- Seated lat raises 8lbs. Disc 36- Now 15lbs.
Seated Concentration Curls 12lbs Now 18lbs
Chest Flyes 15lbs Now 22-25lbs
Barbell Curls 25lbs 36lbs
Barbell Front Press 25lbs 42lbs
Deadlifts 25lbs 42lbs
Barbell Rows 35lbs 62lbs
One arm horizontal rows 12lbs 28lbs
Cross body kickbacks 10lbs 18lbs
Just for example, so I'm counting this as a huge success with room to grow for even more improvement. To use a track term the goal with STS is to have PR's, which means personal records or personal bests. I think STS has done that for me and will continue to do so for along time to come. Thanks for another not just awesome but magically transformational workout! Its been a pleasure!!!:D:);)

STS-Meso 3, Week 4, Last workout!= 61 min
Calories burned= 474

I really enjoyed STS and found that my body really likes the heavy weights experience. Ok, so its not as heavy as many of you lift, not to mention Cathe. I did get stronger I think even more so than 5%. I have some definition in my arms and that's just not something that happens for me, so I'm thrilled. Oh, and I love the STS AB Circuits. I definitely will take a break from weights for a week or so then jump back in. Not sure if I'll do STS or what but I definitely want to do more. This was good stuff for me and STS is magic in what it does if you do it as prescribed by Cathe.

STS -Ab Circuits-Med Ball Abs= 10 min
Calories burned= 61

Congrats ladies on another great workout day for everyone! And congrats and applause to those of us who have completed STS!!!

Hugs to everyone! Big hugs to Cathe!;)

Nora

Great workout! Great series!

This time though I had the oddest thing happen. My right tricep was *SO* weak. It would fail early on in any given set while the left would just do fine (perfect - failing on 7 and 8.) So I'm not sure what is up with that.. but otherwise great!

My upper body looks entirely different than when we started. It is more solid, round and not so willowy (which is exactly what I wanted). I'm noticing that I don't have to do cardio endlessly anymore to simply maintain. Thanks for the metabolism boost!

I think I'll do a few weeks of circuit work before doing a specific rotation again. I'm sad to see STS go but also a bit excited to pull out some favorites that I haven't visited in a long time!

Cathe - This was definitely an outstanding and awesome experience! And I expect even better things next time through since I've (hopefully) gotten through the "learning curve" of the new workouts ;).

Thanks to all of you who participated here each week - it was fun to do it together as a group and see others who struggled with the same parts I did :p.

You all rock - congratulations on a job well done :cool:!

Hi Sandra! I do plan on having June's rotation incorporate the STS workouts. Stay tuned (or should I say toned...hahahahaha)

I finished Disc 36 yesterday. Wow! I had a terrrrrible night's sleep, and laughed when Cathe told us this wasn't a workout we wanted to do with a poor night's sleep. Well, that was me. I did it, but boy it was a tough one! I stuck with all my weight loads, 8 reps, right up to the last few rounds. My last couple of rounds of concentration curls and cross body extensions had me failing by the 6th rep. I did the last couple of reps, at that point, as an assisted negative.

The workout obviously gave me a great swell in the muscle (edema), because I got so many compliments yesterday on my arms! Makes me want to keep on doing these workouts, because I don't want to lose the lovely pump! But alas, I DO feel the need for a recovery week, and then my summer doesn't look amenable to starting another round. I'll wait until the fall (when STS Cardio will hopefully be available).

This morning I finished off the cardio rotation with DrillMax Lower Body premix, and AC Medicine Ball abs. Fantastic workout. I'm so happy to have this accomplishment under my belt!!

Here's a QUESTION FOR CATHE: Can you please provide some very specific advice or suggestions on how to simply maintain? Can we use the STS workouts in some modified fashion to maintain our gains? I would love to see the June Rotation be a "Post-STS Maintenance", if that's possible. Related to this....can you give us some guidelines on how to use your other weight routines? For example, roughly what percent of our 1RM should we be using with those routines? Maybe these questions should be asked in the AC forum, or the CatheTV forum. Here's hoping you see it here.

Have a great weekend!
Sandra

WE DID IT!!!! Hooray!!!

Hi All! Well we did it. We finished that last rep of the last exercise in Meso Three. And by the looks of it, it does appear you ARE 5% (or more) stronger than you were at the start of Meso 3 (mission accomplished). I actually got a little teary eyed as we did our closing right after the last crossbody kickback.

It has been a pleasure and an honor to workout with all of you for the last 12 weeks. Enjoy your active recovery week and then either start the program up again (as is for best periodization results), mix it in with your other workouts (to keep shocking your metabolism with new workout rotations), or take a break from STS in any shape or form to just have a new scene for a while. No matter how you lift it, you can't go wrong!

Hold your water glasses high and let's toast to a job SUPERBLY done! I am so proud of us!

YAY CATHE!!!! can't wait to see the june rotation., but, i was plannin' to do STS again starting june 15th. but, i will HAVE to look at the rotation first.
cathy

Can't believe we're done! Thanks to all--it has been wonderful to read all your posts & to check-in with you every week. It has been invaluable in keeping me motivated. Typically, I have 1 month of faithful exercise & then a month of slacking off; Thanks to you, I have exercised every week for 3 months!!

Disc 36 was great! I was able to go a little heavier with some of the tricep & shoulder exercises, even the barbell curls. But as always, couldn't make the 8 reps of concentration curls without spotting, but that gives me something to keep working on! ;)

Thanks Cathe for such a great program! I have lifted heavier than I ever imagined.

Best to All!

Great workout, good job every one!!

Yes we did it!!! Well first let me tell you all, that last night wasn't my best night, the last couple of weeks I have been feeling down:(, but somehow I finish the 3 1/2 rotation and I'm so ready for my rest week..
I was so proud of my self with the whole entire series I was able to lift heavy than ever before, I feel so strong. Some examples
Meso 1 flays 12 meso 3 27
meso 1 bench press 32 meso 3 69
meso 1 curls 28 meso 3 45
meso 1 cross body K 8 meso 3 17
and the list keeps getting longer and longer.
I can just said that it was fun and hard, really hard work that we all did, My legs are still talking to me, Unbelievable ply leg prove me that I can jump. And with heavy weight I can turn on my abs, Some thing that I have learn GOOD FORM, GOOD FORM...
Thanks Cathe for such a good job, now I can't wait for STS Cardio...(and my husband to get home):)

Eunice

Thanks for a wonderful workout Cathe. I finished STS today and I plan to celebrate by taking your class in NYC on June 25th. I hope I get to give you a thank you hug!

Bev

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.