STS Cards (pdf)

ddj

Cathlete
Up to this point, I have always moved the STS Cards to Microsoft Word and enlarged them before printing them off. And even then I usually need my glasses to see them.

I would like to use the pdf version since every other line is shaded. Right now I'm drawing my own lines to separate the exercises. With the pdf, I wouldn't need to do that. But the print is smaller and I would definitely need my glasses to read them and I have to work so quickly to write down weights/reps or check to see which weights I have written to try for each exercise and having to constantly put on and take off my reading glasses takes time.

So for those of you who need reading glasses, have you used the pdf downloads? Were they difficult to read at all? I need to start printing cards for my next rotation and I don't know which ones to go with.

TIA

Why don't you put the STS cards in Microsoft Excel? That's what I do, and the grid lines will be there so you don't have to draw them in yourself, and you can also enlarge the font as necessary.

Why don't you put the STS cards in Microsoft Excel? That's what I do, and the grid lines will be there so you don't have to draw them in yourself, and you can also enlarge the font as necessary.

I'm afraid I don't know how. Someone here told me how to put them in Word and enlarge them or I wouldn't know that either. :eek:

I'm afraid I don't know how. Someone here told me how to put them in Word and enlarge them or I wouldn't know that either. :eek:

Just select the workout from the workout manager, then go to Edit. Highight all the rows and select Copy. Open MS Excel, create a new workbook and hit Paste. From there you can change the font and do anything else you need. I did that for all the workouts so I now have a workbook with my own 1RM for all the STS disks. I just print out the workout I want each time. Hope that helps.

Just select the workout from the workout manager, then go to Edit. Highight all the rows and select Copy. Open MS Excel, create a new workbook and hit Paste. From there you can change the font and do anything else you need. I did that for all the workouts so I now have a workbook with my own 1RM for all the STS disks. I just print out the workout I want each time. Hope that helps.

That sounds like a REALLY good idea!!!
Starting Meso 2 today, and I think I will do this!
Then I will be able to change my comments as needed, too.
(On the cards in the WM, I find I can make a comment, but, cannot change it after the comment is made.)

Going to make a Meso 2 Workbook right now in excel!!!(Wish I could claim this great idea!)

thx again!

Hi Jbiff:
I was able to paste this on to a page in my Excel Workbook, but, the items that I want to go in columns are not aligning into columns. How can you get all the data to align properly in the columns instead of having each line being one column(like it is now).

Hope that question made sense.

I will play with this a little more to see if I can figure out anything.

If anyone else knows how to do this, can you post here, please?

thank you!

Linda, I'm not sure what you're saying or I might be able to help you. I also have all of the workouts in Excel pages. After I copied and pasted from the WM directly into a blank page, I then deleted the columns I didn't want (e.g., % of 1RM) and sized the columns large enough for me to read and to be able to enter my numbers. I have a heading on each page for the Meso/Disc #/Body parts and the three different Meso headings are a different color.

Linda, I'm not sure what you're saying or I might be able to help you. I also have all of the workouts in Excel pages. After I copied and pasted from the WM directly into a blank page, I then deleted the columns I didn't want (e.g., % of 1RM) and sized the columns large enough for me to read and to be able to enter my numbers. I have a heading on each page for the Meso/Disc #/Body parts and the three different Meso headings are a different color.

Nancy:Yeah, I figured what I wrote did not make sense!
So, when you pasted to Excel, did the the Exercises end up in it's own column, did the target wt end up in it's own column, did eth target reps end up in it's own column, did the 1rm end up in it's own column, etc...?

Those things I mentioned above only ended up ALL in one column, and did not get divided into columns of their own.. Did that make sense yet?

I couldn't find an import feature to put the headings and values in to the appropriate columns.

Thx in advance for you help, Nancy!

Hi Linda, I forgot to mention that after I select the workout, I select Save and Print, then when the workout card shows up, I then select all the rows and columns at one time, then hit "Ctrl" "C" to copy and "Ctrl" "V" to paste into Excel. I just tried this and every column on the card is nicely pasted into its individual column in Excel and the headings are nicely bolded. I am not sure why you are seeing everything in one column. Usually when everything goes into a single column, Excel thinks it's just a long string of text. What version of Excel are you using? I'm using Excel 2003.

Hi Linda, I forgot to mention that after I select the workout, I select Save and Print, then when the workout card shows up, I then select all the rows and columns at one time, then hit "Ctrl" "C" to copy and "Ctrl" "V" to paste into Excel. I just tried this and every column on the card is nicely pasted into its individual column in Excel and the headings are nicely bolded. I am not sure why you are seeing everything in one column. Usually when everything goes into a single column, Excel thinks it's just a long string of text. What version of Excel are you using? I'm using Excel 2003.

That doesn't work for me. I have Excel 2003. I'm thinking I have some setting wrong, but there are so many, I can't figure out which is wrong.
I thought maybe some formatting thing, but, I don't know.

I might ask someone at work tomorrow, if no one here would know the answer!

Yay! I finally am able to copy & paste into excel and the data aligns correctly in columns. It was a big mess to get there, though!
I asked the technical assistance center here at work to help me. (9 times out of 10 they can't help me, so it's frustrating to ask them stuff!).
Anyway, they couldn't figure it out, tried to remove then add Excel 2003, but, Excel 2003 old remnants kept hanging around. Rebooted a few times, and she tried to install Excel 2007, encountering error messages. Rebooted again, then my Windows profile was corrupt and my disk was full! Ughhh. Then she told me she couldn't help me--I have to walk to the onsite IT.I ended up deleting many Gigs of files, and tried to re-install Office 2007 and it still didn't work, but, I was able to get my Window profile working again. Still no Outlook mail either. Office suite of products 2007 or 2003 could not be installed.
Next day I brought my laptop to IT again and they ended up re-building my disk and installed all the Office 2007. Our TAC screws things up so our IT can fix things!!! Okay enough complaining! I'm sure you didn't wat to hear my venting...:confused:

I sporadically tried the cut/paste from the PDF to excel with no success after I got my rebuilt compute back.
Then magically it pasted correctly over the course of a day(a few hours) of trying ,and I didn't set any specific options. I do not know why it started working, but, this is the best way to keep your records. You can keep one Excel workbook with all your worksheets(the worksheets being a disk). You don't have to have many PDF files(these are a huge filesize on your disk and take up tons of room).
The fonts at heading of the columns are bold, I can put in comments, and adjust the page size so when it is printed it fits on one page(instead of 1 page and a few lines on a 2nd page).

This is a great idea for organization, if you can get the copy/paste to work!

I'm glad to hear you finally got it to work. I have no idea why you are having so many problems. I don't have any special settings for my copy of Excel, and it has always worked for me. Isn't it great to be able to print out the page you want, though? Also, whenever I change my 1RM (I've done STS twice so had to increase my 1RM the second time), I just open the worksheet and paste in the new target weight.

I'm glad to hear you finally got it to work. I have no idea why you are having so many problems. I don't have any special settings for my copy of Excel, and it has always worked for me. Isn't it great to be able to print out the page you want, though? Also, whenever I change my 1RM (I've done STS twice so had to increase my 1RM the second time), I just open the worksheet and paste in the new target weight.

Yes, I REALLY REALLY REALLY like this suggestion of yours now that it works! I like also being able to change the comments in Excel, because on the regular Workout card, once you make a comment, you can never change it! At least I can't--I did submit a support request in the past, but it didn't get fixed. I also don't know why I had so many problems, and I have now special settings,but, all I know is that it works now(and I hope it continues to work!)
Once converted to Excel,it's so much less cumbersome to use!

I decided to do Cathe's STS/LIS Three Month Transformation Rotation,and wanted to print out the workout cards again, as I did previously when I did STS. I remember having all kinds of trouble converting from pdf to excel, and came back to this thread, because, once again, I am having trouble.

Anyway because I couldn't cut and paste into excel and get the nice columns, I did a google search, and found this free way to do the conversion.

I just went here PDF to Excel Converter — 100% Free
and gave the location of my PDF file, and they sent me back a nicely formated(with the same colors ad columns) excel sheet.

I guess the bad thing now is the company has my email. Oh, well!

It's pretty cool to have it in excel!

~linda

p.s. (Also, I posted here, in case I forget what to do in another year when I want to do the same thing, and I can look it up here)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.