rotator cuff injury

TG007

Cathlete
Hi,

I'm done with my week 2 of Meso 1 and I think I might have injured my right rotator cuff (in the shoulder?) on the last workout (chest).

It went away over the weekend. This am I started my week 3 with back and triceps and could feel the little pain there again.

Should I lay STS off for a week and just do cardio and then start week 3 again next week? Or should I continue with very light weights?

TG

Not an expert opinion by any means here buy IMO I would lay off at least for the rest of this week! I experienced this off & on over the past several yrs (mine started with P90X) :mad:. It is best to wait a little while than injureit more & be off even longer.
I had a re-occurence around Christmas time, once I got it thru my thick head to leave well enough alone I rested it about a month while doing some pt exercises during that time. I VERY slowly eased back into & and it feels great now. Any little twinge & I back off for a few days & "listen to my body". Very hard to do sometimes I know but worth it in the end.

Hope it feels better soon :)

I would go see a doc fast.* I have had three rotator cuff injuries, one of which required surgical repair.* It is not an injury to be taken lightly.

TG,

I believe I may have injured my rotator cuff to during STS, for me it happened the last week into Meso 3. I was really enjoying the workouts, but I felt like my shoulders really took a beating. Maybe I just have weak shoulder muscles. I would definitely rest up. Shoulder pain is excrutiating, if you really let it get bad. I ended up having to for a cortizone injection, and had to take oral steroids too, to bring the inflamation down. I kept pushing through mild pain, and ended up in such pain, I couldn't lift my arm, or dress/undress/comb my hair, without assistance. Definitely play it safe. I know it's hard not to want to keep pushing through, but believe me, if you do, you may end up regretting it.

I love STS, but I don't think I will push myself to lift as heavy when I do another STS rotation. Yes, I'll Be Back, lol.

Hope you feel better real soon :)

I also hurt my shoulder doing STS. I used weight calculated using the 1RM calculator, but I think it was too heavy for me. I had to stop during the fourth week of Meso 1. After not doing any upper body work for two months with only mild improvement, I went to a dr. & was diagnosed with bursitis. After about 5 weeks of therapy (2x week) I feel about 99% recovered. I am back to lifting my pre-STS weight for shoulder presses (12#s) and (10#s) for chest flies. I haven't re-started STS, but when I do I definitely will drop the weight. I would hold off on any upper body work and consult with a dr. if the condition doesn't improve on its own. Best of luck with your condition.

Me too, sore rotator cuff

I also sufferred a right rotator cuff soreness (not necessarily injury) in meso 1. I believe it was the slanted lying one arm raise. I either raised the weight too far past my shoulder, or maybe it was the weight. I did something wrong. I was able to continue working out (finished sts 3 weeks ago), but I had to lower the weights. Since my last recovery week, I only worked out once the shoulder area. I giving my body rest, and it's a lot better. I can lift and move, it's a lot stronger now. I think maybe it was a combination of a new exercise, the weight and maybe my rep speed was a little too fast.

Next time, I'm going to be extra cautious and take my time.

JoAnn

something similar

I have something similar, but my pain started a while ago, I thought that it was going to be really hard for me to do meso2 and even more hard on meso3, But I found out that when I pay attention to my form I don't get any pain. I almost done with meso3 I'm on week 4 and I have done the most heaviest on bench flays, the wants I was really really worried but everything went fine.The one I feel more is bench press,I think because I get over a heavy barbell,I notice that, that made my shoulder go lower the bench level and is when it hurt. But taking a rest and paying attention to the form help..That should be something that you can look and fix and see if that help with your pain..
Eunice

forgive my one fingered typing. i hurt myself doing 1 rep testing before sts last february...didn't pay attention and kept working out...hurt already inflammed shoulder doing yoga...tried to save money and didn't get suggested mri...week two of meso 3 tore supraspunatus tendon along with slap tear. couldn't raise right arm at all...i'm now 23 days post surgey...the worst experience of my life. i won't even start pt until early july. right now i spend 3 to 4 hours a day in a motorized chair that lifts and lowers my arm and all i can do is walk and do a few one armed lower body standing work outs.
DON'T DO WHAT I DID! i try to stay positive but it's hard...the worst is trying to sleep at night sitting up. please take good care of your shoulder...
colleen

Last edited:
I would try a chiropractor, i've injured my rotator cuff 3 times. The first time I layed off upper body weights completely and did pt exercises for the rc, it was 5 months before it was healed. The second time I layed off the weights and did the pt exercises, after 2 months I decided to try a chiropractor, after three weeks and two visits I was back to normal weights. So the third time I injured it I went to the chiro a week after and was back to normal within two weeks.

thanks beadbabe, i'll ask around for recommendations. i'm glad you were smarter than i was and received the help you needed to stay healthy and didn't end up with surgery.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.