Pull ups

JoanC

Cathlete
I have a book by Selene Yeager-Perfectly Fit. She has you do pull ups with a very sturdy table. You lie on your back beneath a sturdy table with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Reach up and grasp the edge of the table so that you're suspended from the ground. Slowly bend your elbows and pull your torso up until your chin is above the level of the tabletop. She suggests you have someone spot you the first few times.
This could work until tower is available. I would have to pause dvd because table isn't in wo area, but at least it doesn't cost anything.
Joan

That sounds like a good idea. And free, too! I love free. Just a question? Which way am I facing? Is my whole body under the table or am I going the other way with my head under the table and my feet out? Or my head out Seems the different grips would work the muscles a little different. Seems one way would be more underhand and the other overhand. I think we are looking for an underhand grip, right?

Nan

Last edited:
Your legs and body are under table, shoulders and head are not. It looks like in picture your elbows are even with edge of table. You keep feet on ground while you lift . You end up with feet to knees perpendicular with rest of body that is parallel with table. I wish I had a scanner. I'm not sure description is enough.
Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.