Power tower

rlw3

Cathlete
I am excited to start STS and am wondering what to use in place of the power tower? TIA for any advice!

I am excited to start STS and am wondering what to use in place of the power tower? TIA for any advice!

I m wondering too. I cant seem to find Cathe s tower or barre on her site nor Internet. What happened to it? Weight lifting benches are alternatives but take so much room. I need compact and maybe foldable for easy storage. Ballet barres will not allow barbells to be hooked to them nor adjust bar height to do pull ups Anyone else out there with ideas????

Anyone find any alternatives? I can't find any towers ANYWHERE, even the atlus is unavailable. I really wanted to start STS next month and use the tower for assisted pull-ups :(

I am thinking that maybe they had some safety issues with the tower. I really check the bar well before I use it to do pull ups and chest presses. Sometimes it seems an bit rickety...that being said, I still use it and have been using it regularly to do my STS and I really do like it anyway.

I could be wrong...just a thought...Sorry you cannot find one anywhere.

I did STS with weight bench plus a squat rack. A step with risers and slanted ones are safe to use.

I also have a foldable bench which I do not use. It does not enable various range of motion.

For pull ups I purchased a door pull. Mine is called " perfect pull up". You can Google it. There are many door attachments for pull ups. I also have cathe's tubing with a small ball to secure ly lock the band. This work fine. I have mainly used the pull up bar.

Last edited:
For pull ups I purchased a door pull. Mine is called " perfect pull up". You can Google it. There are many door attachments for pull ups. I also have cathe's tubing with a small ball to secure ly lock the band. This work fine. I have mainly used the pull up bar.

My roommate just bought the same pull-up bar; my problem is I can't even do a pull-up lol. He said in his crossfit class they have body bands that help assist with pull-ups, I'm guessing it works the same way a gravitron does. Does anyone know if you can buy these online?

I just hold 2 or 3 resistance bands over the bar, and put one foot in like a stirrup! The bands were very cheap (£2 each I think)

My roommate just bought the same pull-up bar; my problem is I can't even do a pull-up lol. He said in his crossfit class they have body bands that help assist with pull-ups, I'm guessing it works the same way a gravitron does. Does anyone know if you can buy these online?

Hello,

Just google "assisted pull up resistance band" There are few brand sold online.

Here is a link:
Pullum Resistance Bands

http://www.physicalcompany.co.uk/supaflex-power-band-level-4-blue-pid5919.html

All the best,

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.