Partner work in Ab Circuits

kat_b

How much of the routine needs a partner?

Try as I might, I can't get my pets to return medicine balls.

Ab Circuits Bonus

Kat:

LOL about your workout pet not returning the ball! :7

I was surprised to see a partner workout included. Do many home exercisers have a workout partner? Even if I had one who wanted to get out of bed at 4:00 a.m. to join me, I am not sure I would want to toss a heavy medicine ball in my living room. ;-) I have visions of it crashing through a window! :eek: I am planning to watch this bonus for ideas to enjoy with a friend at the club after work. :) I am not planning to buy a squat rack and would not feel safe doing a super heavy bench press at home either. STS may ultimately inspire me to make the most of my club membership! :eek: Wouldn’t that be ironic? ;-)

This is a free DVD with the preorder, so I will be happy if I enjoy a few of these circuits. :) The yoga does not appeal to me either. Pilates-inspired abs looks good. I will likely enjoy the stability ball abs and the non-equipment abs as well. Since this is a bonus, I imagine that Cathe is including medicine ball abs that do not require a partner. I do not use all of Ab Hits or Core Max either, so I was not really expecting every ab circuit to rock my world. Looking at the blog updates, it appears that the partner bonus is an extra like the squat rack premix will be.

Rolling like a ball looks like a blast! :7 That is my kind of ab workout!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

According to the Blog on the abs - there is only a bonus section of the version #6 of the abs circuit that include a partner so biggest majority of the abs is without a partner...

I think all of the different version looks great. I am looking forward to some Pilates and Yoga with Cathe!!!

This is just a Bonus workout. You can think of it as the 7th Ab Workout. Partner Medicine Ball Training is actually one of the best ab workouts you can give yourself. If you ever hire a personal trainer for your home or at a health club, and are in good physical condition , more likely than not your trainer will do some form of partner training with a med ball with you.

Not only is training with a med ball fun, it challenges your ab muscles in a completely new and different way. Though most home exercisers train at home by themselves, we hope this bonus ab feature will help you to encourage your spouse or a friend to get involved in a fitness program with you.

Cathe has always used this type of training when she really wants to get her abs in top shape. Give it a try and we think you will be hooked.

I was kinda hoping you guys at SNM would offer a partner for sale when you roll out the new series and the Bench Press / Pull Up Tower.

DIBS ON ROBERT!!!!! *sorry, dh*

A-Jock

Hi,

I do not have a Med Ball ( yet!) but will be getting one for STS. What weight do you recommend for someone who has not used one before?

Deb:)

Hi Deb!

I started with a 4-pound and quickly moved on to the 8-pound. So, my best bet would be to get a 6-pound which will keep you challenged for a very long time.

:)
Chris.

As I was reading this thread, I was planning to post that Cathe/SNM are probably hoping to encourage us to get our spouses involved with the bonus partner training. SNM's response makes me think I was right.

Hubby's already agreed to do the program with me...guess I better go get a medicine ball!

I think I'll be able to entice my DH with the partner ab workout. He loves medicine ball stuff and we've done it before. In fact, my former PT partnered with me to do med ball abs and it's really a blast, both literally and figuratively! It gets ya good ;)

DIBS? DIBS? ... Sorry, that is not the way STS issues are settled.

We line up all Robert aspirants and the one who does the most single leg pikes wins.

;)

~* Vrinda *~

I'm excited about this new way to work our abs. Sometimes, my DD and I will do an ab workout together. Can't wait to show her this one!

And, A-Jock-you are so funny!

Joanne

I showed the pics to DS and he said he would do those with me. Yay! I think I'll get a new med ball. The one I have has sand in it and it shifts around too much. Oh Joy...more equipment:)

JJ

>This is just a Bonus workout.

I'm glad you explained this. I haven't been here in over a week and when I saw the BLOG photos... I got quite a lump in my throat. Tough. Tough. Tough.

Although I'm sure this is a great workout I'm sure my cats aren't going to help me out, either, so I'm relieved to know this workout is a bonus.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.