New SNM pull up bar question

regina

Cathlete
Can the new SNM pull up bar be used to do regular (not modified) pull ups? In the blog I see Cathe doing a sitting pull up. Is this new pull up bar high enough to do regular pull ups? What are the dimensions of this piece of equipment?

Also wondering...the diameter of the bar looks kind of large, especially for small hands. Did any of the crew comment on this, or was it no problem, and they found it comfortable to grip securely?

I tried doing the crossed-leg pullup on my Wal-Mart (Gold's Gym brand) squat rack, by placing my padded 15 pound body bar between the uprights, and it felt pretty good in my smaller (5'2" tall lady) hands. I actually liked the feel of using the metal barbell bar a little better, especially since it had the weights on the outside of the rack, so I knew it wasn't going to slip sideways, and slip off the uprights. But the padded body bar was softer, for sure.

Of course I only TRIED a pull-up, :p ! My arms need to be MUCH stronger to actually DO one or more of them. But looking forward to STS to help me gain that strength! :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.