Meso 3 & Calories Burned

banslug

Cathlete
I just finished disc 27 this morning, my first week of Meso 3. In all the other Meso's, my HRM and the WM were pretty much exactly the same for calories burned. THIS week, however, there is a SIGNIFICANT difference between the WM and my HRM. Squat Rack Legs, disc 37, HRM tells me I only burned 244 calories while the WM estimated over 400!!!! Today's disc 27 Shoulders, Bis, Tris, HRM tells me I only burned 340 calories while WM estimated over 400 again. These are significant differences, don't ya think?

What gives? Can anybody explain this???

In case it matters, before STS I was already lifting super heavy with Body For Life pyramids and maxing out, so I've done the heavy lifting. I was using an appropriate weight, as my 1RM are pretty heavy (in my opinion and for me, personally) and I was working hard for that 8th rep.

Keep in mind, I'm not 'worried' about this, as I'm not one to closely count/watch calories or get all wrapped up in the numbers. But this DOES stump me some.

So, again, can anybody explain this???

Gayle

Gayle,
My uneducated guess would be the longer rest periods are affecting your calorie burn. You're already well conditioned so your heart rate is coming down fast (and therefore your calorie burn is less because your heart rate is only elevated during the "lift" and shortly after....)

Looking forward to seeing you next month. :)

Kathy G

NEXT MONTH!?!?!?!? Did you say NEXT MONTH? WOW....RT is coming FAST, isn't it??? I've been wondering how all your running is going and if you're running anything local for me to come cheer you on!

Than ks for your input! I was watching my HRM pretty closely and right after the lifts (when I put the barbell back on the rack) my HR was only in the mid 60 %s. And I'm telling you, I was lifting HEAVY! You're right about the rest periods..they ARE long...I found myself upgrading things on my PC during those rests! LOL Maybe I should do jumping jacks instead! :)

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.