max calculater for the sts problems

elys

hi everyone,

I just purchases the STS. so i'm fairly new in this. I completed my one rep max calculater for the sts disc 1, but when i go to my sts workout card i does not show the the "actual weight" i have to use, that section is blank. please help.
elys
:(

The weights you should use are listed under the "Target Weight" column, not the "Actual Weight" column. The Actual Weight column is used to record the weight you actually used if different from the weight you were supposed to do.

thanks for responding so fast to my question. this is just an observation i hope is correct. for example in my #621 Alternating Seated Overhead Shoulder Press (dumbbell) the actual weight i lifted was 12 pounds for 10 times but according to my target weight i supposed to be lifting 7 pound. I also notice in all my target weight are lower that i original was able to lift is that correct???.

in a lot of my my target weight i got 4. 7, 11 pounds but i don't have those dumbells can i go to the next higher number or lower number?

Thanks you for you help and keep up the good work
Elys

Last edited:
You can use plate mates or weighted gloves to make your dumbbells heavier. For example, if the target weight says 11 pounds, then you can use your 10 pound dumbell and a one pound weighted glove. Likewise, you can use one 1.25 pound plate weight on the 10 pound dumbbell and you will then have a 11.25 pound dumbbell.

It has been working well for me.

in a lot of my my target weight i got 4. 7, 11 pounds but i don't have those dumbells can i go to the next higher number or lower number?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.