I Blame STS...

thebrain

Cathlete
....for my PR achieved at this morning's 5K!!!

The last 5K I ran was in the fall (pre-STS, of course). I haven't run as much as I did the previous year, but I still managed to beat my record by like 4 minutes!!!

I guess those Plyo legs really do make you run faster....or maybe it was just the mental challenge of getting through all those tough workouts that trained my brain that you CAN push harder!!!

Anyway, I'll go enjoy my endorphin rush while it lasts!

Aimee

Congratulations!

STS is amazing isn't it! I have had amazing strength/endurance gains and I am only mid-way through.:D

thanks for the inspiration! I have done two races recently and didn't finish as fast as I would have liked...but I wasn't pushing either I guess (Lincoln Half Marathon with my cousin who has always kicked my butt but had severe thyroid probs-stuck with her until mile 9 then she sent me on...finished in 2 hrs 20 minutes; Dam to Dam-ran with my friend from high school, first long race for her, was the 30th 20 km race and have 7000 runners...had to weave A LOT and affected my time-2 hrs 13 minutes)
So, I have set my sights on the Omaha half and I will have finished STS by then with a month to spare...hope my experience will be the same as you!
thanks for sharing!
julie :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.