Bench or Step for Short Person w/Valor BD-9 Stands?

mmis29

Cathlete
hi all! after getting the helpful advice of the cathlete crew, i just ordered the valor bd-9 stands for sts. now onto my next buy - slanted risers or a weight bench?

The slanted riser route would mean i would also have to buy 6 more steps to get enough height to use the setup with the valor stands, and the cost of the slanted riser set plus 6 more risers makes me feel like if i'm going to be making that kind of investment maybe i should be buying a bench. Something about spending $100 on a pile of plastic makes me feel like i'm getting ripped off lol

now, if i go the weight bench route, i would like something reasonably priced, foldable, and appropriate for my size. i am only 5'2 and i really hate buying workout equipment that is obviously made for a much taller body (like most stuff in the gym!). another Cathe forum member, Kathryn, posted that she has this one and loves it and it seems perfect for me Amazon.com: Powerline PFID125X Flat Incline Decline Folding Bench: Sports & Outdoors

i've never had a weight bench before and i'm concerned about the height of it. are weight benches a standard height? would someone 5'2 be able to put their feet on the floor when using it? thanks all!

Bumping for an answer for you. I know a lot of times threads are overlooked not on purpose just gets missed somehow. I don't know ur answer though so I am hoping someone does.

I'm not sure which is best. I have a bench and like it for the padding and the narrower width seems more comfortable for doing chest fly and presses. I am 5'7" and my bench is women-specific. Although I feel tall for this bench (I had to remove the leg and arm exercise attachments because they were not a good fit) I still put my feet on a step because I feel that my back is better supported that way. My bench is different than the one you are looking at (I bought mine second hand). If you are considering the step riser route, try fitness depot (they are around $5 each and $8 for the incline).

Thanks for the replies! those are incredible prices for the risers! i actually caved and bought a bench yesterday but at those prices why not have both ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.