Almost done with STS - now what?

Gobias

Cathlete
Hi All,

I am doing STS for the 1st time and loving it. I just completed my 1st active recovery week, during which I was future planning my upcoming workouts. I still have Meso 2 and 3 to complete but travel a ton and need to future plan all of my workouts.

I was getting a bit depressed because I really really like STS and don't want to see it end. I am doing the 3 month rotation and realize I can do the 6 month rotation (although I would just have to do two back-to-back 3-month cycles rather than repeating each meso cycle in succession as recommended - anyone do this?)

I am liking the results (even though I am not even that far along) and like the structure. I have always seen results in all of Cathe weight videos, but am really seeing it with STS. I don't really know why - I always seem to lift using the heaviest weight possible with good form and exhaustion on the last couple of reps, so am not sure if it is the order of the STS workouts or what. I am curious what you all did after completing STS.

I usually don't follow rotations or I create my own, but will certainly start if the structure has something to do with my awesome resluts. I almost want to do JUST STS since the results were so great, but don't think that is smart. However, will I lose muscle tone if I do other videos?

My current 3 month rotation that I created uses STS, Horizontal Conditioning and Cathe videos. I created it so I do not repeat one workout in the 3 months. My only change, if I end up doing the 6 month rotation, would be to add more cardio. I was used to doing 6 days of cardio and cutting that in half makes a difference for me.

I did the 30 day XTRAIN rotation and enjoyed it, but really see definition doing STS.

Thanks for any input.

Have you ever tried the Four Day Split series? After STS that is the series that gave me the best results for building muscle. That series gives you four days of weight work and cardio which you can mix up, but it also leaves time for you to slip in some HC or other cardio. Just a thought...

Barbara

Hi

I'm doing the X Train 3 month rotation and loving it. I think I'll do another round of STS when I've finished. Have you thought of doing a month of gym styles?

Laura

Thanks to both of you for the ideas. I have done 4DS and Gym Styles, but never as a rotation. Did you guys do it as a full 30 day rotation?

I have only done them both as a one time or one week (in the case of 4DS) workout. I love both, especially GS! That was my 1st Cathe weight workout and got me hooked on everything else Cathe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.