2009 OFFICIAL HOTELS INFO THREAD

TarHeelMom

Cathlete
Hi everyone! We have your hotels info for you!!

Please print this post, and we also ask that you help us spread the word that this info is here on this Forum. For example, if you're a member of another fitness forum where you know there are other 2009 Cathe Road Trippers also present, please put up a post there to alert everyone that this hotel info can be found here on Cathe's Road Trips Forum.

Without further ado, here's everything (we think) you need to know to get your RT hotel planning done. Please let us know if you have questions, though, and we'll do our best to help! :)

By the way, we were able to lock in 2007’s (!!!) special rates for you all -- there's no price increase at all from two years ago! :eek: Our thanks to the Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn for offering us this terrific deal!!! :D

1. What hotels will our group be staying at?

Once again this year, we're offering you a choice between our favorite two “sister” hotels in Deptford, NJ. Both hotels are approximately 30 - 40 minutes from Philly Int’l Airport or Philly Amtrak Station, and 12 minutes (8 miles in a straight shot down the road) from Cathe’s gym. The staff knows us and looks forward to our annual visit, and we can assure you that they’ll do everything they can to take care of your needs.

See the descriptions below, and we also encourage you to surf their websites for more details.

1. The Fairfield Inn by Marriott at Deptford
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phldf-fairfield-inn-deptford/
1160 Hurffville Road
Deptford, NJ 08096
Phone: 1-856-686-9050
Check In: 03:00 PM Check Out: 11:00 AM

This pleasant hotel offers traditional rooms with either 1 king or 2 double beds. All rooms are clean, very comfortable and pretty spacious, and have hair dryers, nice TV's, a programmable safe, Internet access, coffeemaker, and an iron. There's an indoor pool available as well.

Our "Cathe Road Trip" rate for ANY room at the Fairfield Inn is $109.99 per night. This price includes the lobby buffet breakfast (waffles, oatmeal, cereals, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee).

2. The Residence Inn by Marriott at Deptford (an all-suites hotel)
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phlrd-residence-inn-deptford/
1154 Hurffville Rd.
Deptford, New Jersey 08096
Phone: 1-856-686-9188
Check In: 03:00 PM Check Out: 11:00 AM

This "sister hotel" sits next door to the Fairfield Inn and is under the same management. As noted, it's an "all-suites" hotel. Check out the website for the various configurations of suites (studio, 1 BR and 2 BR). Since it's a "suites" hotel, it differs from the Fairfield Inn in that the suites have a more spacious sitting area with pull-out sofa and a full kitchen. (We do mean "full". Seriously. :p The kitchens have oven, dishwasher, microwave, dishes, pots & pans, fridge, silverware, a toaster, even a table and chairs to sit down -- you could move in here!)

Obviously, then, the Residence Inn is a little pricier, but it is a TERRIFIC alternative for sharing space and a hotel budget with 1 or 2 roommates. The suites are clean, very comfortable, and, like the Fairfield Inn, feature hair dryers, nice TV's, a programmable safe, Internet access, a coffeemaker and an iron in addition to that amazing kitchen. There's also an indoor pool and a whirlpool on this property.

Our "Cathe Road Trip" rate for a studio suite or 1 BR suite at the Residence Inn is $129.99 per night. There are a few 2 BR 2-full-BA suites available as well. We do not have a negotiated discount on those, but the regular price is $259.99 per night and this is still a bargain when split with a roommate. All suite pricing includes the lobby buffet breakfast which is a bit more elaborate (eggs & bacon in addition to waffles, oatmeal, cereals, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee).

2. When can I call for a reservation and what do I say?

THE HOTELS ARE PREPARED TO TAKE RESERVATIONS NOW. START CALLING! :D When you call, be sure to tell the reservations agent that you're booking for the “The 2009 Cathe July Road Trip.” This will ensure that your room or suite is booked at our special rate.

3. Can I wait a while before I book my reservation?

OH NO, PLEASE DON’T!! BOOK EARLY, BOOK EARLY, BOOK EARLY!!! LISTEN UP, KIDS, AND SPREAD THIS WORD: You will not have to pay anything right now, so you have nothing to lose by booking early and EVERYTHING to lose by booking late. We know for a fact (it’s happened before) that if you wait late to book, you will probably not get a space at our hotels. These hotels are quite busy during the summer and in our experience have been 100% sold out when we’re there. And being at our hotels is so key to your total Road Trip experience – this is where your Cathe Bus will pick you up and drop you off, and this is where you’ll meet and socialize with other Road Trippers. Aside from Cathe's gym, really, the hotels are the center of gravity for Road Trippers.

4. How do I find a roommate or suitemate(s)?

Go to this thread and start posting and talking. ;)

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1840232#post1840232 (The 2009 Cathe RT Official Find-A-Roommate Thread)

5. What do I do if I have to cancel my Road Trip attendance and therefore need to cancel my hotel reservation?

If for any reason you have to cancel your RT reservation, you can always transfer your room to the Wait Lister who takes your spot. By doing that, you help us make sure that a late-booking Wait Lister is able to get a room with our group. Therefore, PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE HOTELS TO CANCEL YOUR ROOM. FIRST, NOTIFY THE COORDINATORS THAT YOU’RE CANCELING YOUR RT SPOT. We will help you make sure that your room reservation gets transferred to a Wait Lister, or, if no one needs your room, to make sure that your room reservation is properly canceled.

I am embarrassed to ask this question but...I never receieved the "official" confirmation email link that verifies that I got in even though I am #60. Call me paranoid!?! I was just hoping to hear it officially before I made my reservations. Can someone confirm this for me?
Thank you.:eek:

Internet code...

Hey, thanks for the great info...one question: do we have to call or can we book online and if so, is there a coupon code we use for the RT?? Just curious...

I just made my reservation and they told me they only have king size beds left!

Hmmm, which hotel did you make your reservations at? I just booked mine at the Fairfield Inn right now (9am EST), 3/6/09, and they told me it would be 2 queen beds... ~~Nancy~~

I just booked a room with 2 queens. I would love to have a fun and easy going roomy like me that goes to bed fairly early to get get up charged for the next fun filled day!

Bridget

Hey, thanks for the great info...one question: do we have to call or can we book online and if so, is there a coupon code we use for the RT?? Just curious...

Hey Jodelle! Can't wait to see you again this year! :D

You do have to call in order to get our discounted rate. But the phones are easy to get thru to and the staff is super helpful!

I just made my reservation and they told me they only have king size beds left!

I just called the Fairfield to try to change my reservation to a king to free a room with 2 queens for people who want roommates. I talked to a very snipppy person who told me there are no kings available.

I just called the Fairfield to try to change my reservation to a king to free a room with 2 queens for people who want roommates. I talked to a very snipppy person who told me there are no kings available.

Maybe the King bed is at Residence Inn?

Wow, I'm sorry you encountered that!! They have always been so nice to me at the Fairfield Inn. Someone was having a bad day, I guess:confused: I mean, you were just trying to be nice!!! ~~Nancy J.~~

Wow, I'm sorry you encountered that!! They have always been so nice to me at the Fairfield Inn. Someone was having a bad day, I guess:confused: I mean, you were just trying to be nice!!! ~~Nancy J.~~

The person I made my original reservation with could not have been nicer, so I'm not judging the staff by this one encounter -- which is a good thing because she was not pleasant at all.

I'm booked!!

I'm booked and it was a great rate and the staff was wonderfully helpful and kind! Can't wait to see everyone! And I'll sleep better this year since I'm not on a rollaway!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.