XxXxXx Kettlebell Check In X Monday XxXxXx

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today I thought I would try out SIM before I "officially" start the program. It was a fun workout and went by quickly. I'm not sure if you should use the same weight all the way thru or change it up, so I just used a 20#kb all the way thru. Then I deadlifted 120# 3X. A very challenging weight!

This weekend I went to Dick's sporting goods and got another 25#kb (you need 2 for some exercises of SIM) and some more 25#plates for my barbell.:)

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We had soccer (DS9's team came in 4th place) and parties and saw Night at the Museum 2!

Have a great day!!
Today is the first official day of summer vacation for me. I will have lots of free time....so I will definitely bbl!!:p;)

Good morning! :D

Deanie, I definitely use different weights for each exercise. Don't know if that's what Anthony recommends but that's what I do because there is no way that I could use the same weight for push press and squats.

I decided this morning that I am going to do Providence - it has been FOREVER since I have done this workout, and strangely, though this is my favorite w/o ever, I am not looking forward to working out sans my music. :confused: Two months ago the thought of working out w/o a dvd was so unappealing and I didn't think it possible, now thinking about working out with one feels restricting, lol. I also plan to jump rope between the segments during the rests - I'll check back in and let you know how that goes.

C-ya soon!

Missy

Two months ago the thought of working out w/o a dvd was so unappealing and I didn't think it possible, now thinking about working out with one feels restricting, lol.

Missy::: I totally agree with you about working out with dvds!!!! Before ETK, never thought I would make it thru one week without a dvd, now it feels weird to workout with a dvd!!

thanks for the heads up about using different weights, that makes more sense!!:)

Okay, just got done (I got side tracked on the computer, then started cleaning, ate, had to wait to be able to workout...). I did Providence, but skipped the chest press, triple crush and lat rows and subbed them for pull-ups, chin-ups and push-ups. I did a total of 144 push ups, 17 pull/chin-ups plus 5 assisted and added only 300 jump ropes - I was too into strength work to want to do any more.

What I am about to share should really encourage you Deanie, especially since you are going to do SIM because I upped my weight for EVERYTHING - I am absolutely amazed!!! I needed 25# for cleans for the first time ever - I couldn't believe that the 20 was too light! I can't remember the last time I did this wo, I know it's been well over a month, but I was using 20# for almost everything. This time I used the 20 for shoulder presses only and the fact that I could even do that is staggering to me... I am so happy! I bet you probably felt the same way about ETK when you tried other workouts. I can't believe how strong my upper body is, and how toned and defined it is w/o using traditional weights, it's crazy. Cathe got me back into shape after I had DS #3, but she didn't even come close to what this has done for me.

BTW, where did you get your 30# kb?

ETA: Deanie, it does go by quickly, doesn't it? I usually add something more to it because even though it's thorough it doesn't feel complete if you know what I mean. :)

Jane, thanks to your inspiration I did my WOD outside in my back yard - it was awesome! It is cooler inside, but prettier and more inspiring to do it outdoors. I am going to make it a habit! Oh, and I thought of one more Twilight thing (did I hear groaning? :p): Edward turns Bella while caressing her neck in an intimate moment in a declaration of love, not because she's at the point of death. That was the thing I hated most about the book - I know the point was probably so that Edward wouldn't go against his conscience and feel guilty about turning her but that was lame. Oh, and Bella would have actually wanted to marry him - that was so stupid. :rolleyes: I promise I am almost over it now, I swear it!

Hello Gayle, Andilynn, Marcy, Rhonda & everyone else who follows!!! :)

Missy

Good Afternoon!

I'm not sure what I'm doing today...it's either going to be a rest day or a swimming day.

Deanie ~ Enjoy your summer vacation. I'm so jealous!

Missy ~ I'm so glad I inspired you to workout in your yard. Congrats on your strength gains. WTG!! LOL...about Twilight. I do agree with you. I have a co-worker that read the books and we would talk about them all the time. Other people would run away from us when they heard us talking about Bella and Edward.

Waves hello to Marcy, Andilynn, Gayle and Rhonda.

Hi everyone!

Deanie - Great job on your deadlifts! Have fun with SIM. Yay summer vacation! :D

Missy - Kudos on your strength gains and great job on Providence today! :) I love working out outside...it adds another dimension to it.

Jane - Nice workouts this weekend. Have a nice rest or swim today.

Rhonda - How was the barbecue shindig?

Waves to Marcy, Andilynn, and idance!

I'm thinking of sitting it out today. I'm feeling kinda...off...a little foggy brained with an upset tummy. :(

Have a great day!

Hi again!

Had a very good day shopping! After 3 years I am the proud owner of new bras!! (sorry if TMI:eek:) :D

Missy:::GREAT job upping your weights and yea to strength gains!!!:):D:) also, great job with the pushup/chin/pullups!! I am psyched to know SIM works!!:cool: I got my 30#kb from Amazon, its actually an Ader (great bell btw) which isn't on the Ader website, but they had them at Amazon! go figure! It was the perfect weight for me, I was ready to go up in weight, but not from a 25 to a 35!!:eek:

Jane::: I hope you enjoy what ever you decide to do today!

Gayle::: I hope you feel better!!:(

waves to everyone else!!

Hello

How is everyone in cyberland doing?

The bbq shingig went well. I cooked ribs, quesadillas, meatballs and chicken breast. I really like to cook. One day I went in to the store to buy an accessory. There was a guy in there who was looking at a Big Green Egg and I started telling him about mine and why he should buy one. One thing lead to another and they asked me to come up and do a demo. I may do one more before summer is over. It was fun but hot (101).

Striking class was a beast. We did all sorts of drills. One of the drills consisted of your partner holding you with a strap around your waist and you had to try to reach forward and punch the bag. Today in KM class we did drills where we had to break out of a choke hold.

For our warmup, we had to try to touch our partners shoulders, step on their feet and touch their knees, all while they tried to dodge this. I was so out of breath. Another drill was kneeing the strike pad for 30 seconds as many times as possible. I had a blast and have a huge bruise to prove it.

Deanie- Way to go with SIM. I would feel weird not working out with a dvd. Listening to you and Missy, I see that may change. Congrats on getting the girls under control. I used to cry when it was time to go bra shopping. Now I go to titlenine.com and get my gear.

Gayle- Hope you feel better. Get some rest.

Jane- Your swim this weekend sounded impressive to me. Have a good workout or a good rest. I will be surprised if you rest. You seem to not be able to resist unless you absolutely have to.

Missy- Your workout numbers are impressive. Only 300 jump ropes? What do you use to do your assisted pull ups?

Waves to everyone else.

Took another KM class this evening. It was intense. We did kicking drills and all kinds of roll on the floor exercises. This class is making me forget that I am a germophobe.

Have a good evening everyone,

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.