XxXxX Kettlebell Check In xxx Tuesday XxXxX

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today is day 2 of ETK.

Andilynne~ What workout did you end up doing yesterday? You can buy the ETK workbook and dvd at Dragon door and the AOS/ETK workout at AOS. We are working just with the AOS workbook for ETK. Its an ebook, so if you get it, you could join us this week!

Vilma~ WOW what a workout yesterday!! I hear you on using your 16kg for swings only!!;) What did you do today?

Jane~ Hope you enjoyed your rest day! lovin' your Feb. challenge!!

Gayle~ How'd you do with Providence going heavy?

Marcy~ Great job with the pullups!! They never seem to get easier do they???!!! I was counting a cycle as: 20 swings and active rest. How is your back?

I will bbl to report my workout!....:)

Last edited:
Deanie G'Morning.

Well Day 2 for ETK over here also plus Imax 2

Enjoy your W/Os !

picture.php

back again

Workout done!!

I did the 10 min. warm up 4X. then I did 6 TGU''s on my right side, and 5 TGUs on the left. I used my 30#kb:) Then I did Donkey Kong again, this time using a stop watch!! I did it in 9:58! How the girl on the video did 7:55 is amazing:eek:

Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning!

I did "Heavy (for me) Providence" last night with 12kg and 16kg. It was a good challenge, but I definitely didn't set any records for rep count. On the seated press, I only managed 6 reps per side with 12kg...I'd never gone that heavy on those before so I'll take it. :)

I don't know what I'm doing tonight.

<<Then I did Donkey Kong again, this time using a stop watch!! I did it in 9:58! >>
Holy crap, Deanie! Awesome time! :eek:

Marcy - Hope your back is feeling better. That looked like a good workout yesterday. Did you do the waltzing heels? That would totally kill my back.

Vilma - 16kg swings definitely gets the HR up. ;)

Waves hello to Jane, Andliynn, and all who follow.

Good morning! It's another cold one here guess winter isn't over yet (although one can wish)!

Deanie , I'll have to get over to the AOS website to check out ETK. If it's not to pricey I'll probably try it, but since I got BFFM yesterday I may wait til payday! I ended up doing the kickbox cardio and some abs from 4DS last nite since my grandson was here (shorter time) I've never seen 3 year old do a downward dog but I think he's got it down! We just have to work on his form for his kicks! Donkey Kong sounds intimidating I can just imagine me falling when trying to do a box jump!

Good morning Gayle and Vilma! And to everybody that stops by later!

Good Morning Everyone!

I did ETK this morning: 4 cycles of the warmup. My DH was funny. The dog came into the room all peppy and DH put him on my butt while I was doing my pumps. Since the TGU round in Santa Monica was 5 mins., I followed along with that. I had to stop twice but got through the 5 minutes. I don't know how many I did. I'll try and count next time. Then I did the Great NRG premix from Amy's Advanced Step Challenge 2 which included w/u, combos 1, 2, 4 and 5, powerup section, c/d and stretch. I really have to get used to Amy's choreography again. I had some trouble with a couple of combos but it was still fun. Back's still bothering me a little bit so I think I'll save the pullups for tomorrow.

Deanie - No! Pullups never seem to get easier. I did more when I was doing P90X (I think I was also a few pounds lighter which might've helped!) I had actually done a wide grip pullup which was really hard. Maybe it's because I had more rest between sets.

Andilynn - The AOS ETK workbook is $29.95 either for the e-book or the actual book. Winter's not over here either - only 29 this morning but it's going to the mid-60s over the weekend. WOOHOO!

Gayle - Great workout with Providence! It makes such a difference when you go up in weight. I was sore for days when I went from 20-25#. My heels were only about 2" but it's just the position you have to get into where you really have to arch your back and hold that position that really starts to hurt after a while.

Vilma - Hope you have a great workout!

Waves to Jane, Pascal and all who follow!

Marcy

Hi Everyone!!

Today I have planned Disc 2 from STS and my February Challenge workout which will be:
3 Planks
2 Mr. Spectaculars (my favorite - thanks Gayle!):)
1 Burpee
200 Jump Ropes

Deanie ~ You used 30#s for TGU??!! OMG!! You are strong! I would be so afraid to try it at that weight. I can do about 18#'s max. I'm not a TGU fan although I have them scheduled for day 4 of the February challenge so hopefully I'll get better at them. Maybe I'll like them more.

Gayle~ Good job on Providence!

Waving hello to Vilma and Andilynn and everyone else who stops by.

Have a great day!!

Forgot to say used my 20# for all the TGUs and Deanie, you are amazing for using 30#!

Jane - So how did you like Disc 1 of STS?

Marcy

Whoohoo ! I'm headed back over to AOS to order ETK, I think I'll get the hardcopy though. Can't wait til I get it!

Jane - So how did you like Disc 1 of STS?

Marcy

Marcy,

I really liked it. So much has changed for me fitness-wise since I ordered last January so I wasn't sure how I was going to fit in it. I didn't do the 1RM because I just don't have the time. I liked the fact that you are only doing one set of each exercise and for the most part you are doing about 15 reps of each exercise. So it's nice that you get lots of variety and you aren't doing all bicep, then shoulders, then chest. It's all mixed up. The workout went really quickly but I felt that I worked out all those body parts completely. I found it challenging and there were TONS of push ups but lots of variety. Tonight is back and triceps.

Jane - Thanks for the review. I had preordered and then cancelled when I got into kettlebells. It sounds very much like P90X. I like that you only do one set of an exercise and move on. I need variety. Maybe in the future, I'll reorder but I have enough to keep me busy for now. I guess it's hard to show everything in a clip. But please keep the reviews coming!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.