xxxooo KETTLEBELL THURSDAY 6/25 oooxxx

Hi everyone!

We got some rain last night, so I didn't get to scare any joggers. :p

I did this kettlebell circuit instead, from CrossFit Jersey Shore:

Complete the circuit 15 sec on/15 sec rest for 20 minutes. Try to keep a constant pace throughout.

• KB snatch right (12kg)
  • KB snatch left (12kg)
  • Box jump 20"
  • Pull ups (20# assist)
My pace:
snatches 6/6 throughout
box jump 6, except for 1 round at 5
pull-up were the most inconsistent, 4 reps for most rounds, but a couple at 5 and a couple at 3.

Marcy - Glad your rotation is working out for you. Hope the bear stays away. :)

Laura - I'm sorry your trades aren't going well. I know a number of people do that, but I've never tried it myself. If you're interested in more circuits, check out CrossFit Jersey Shore's site: http://www.newjerseycrossfit.com/

You do need to sign up to get access to the workouts (they email you a password), but it's free and they don't bombard you with spam or anything.

Rascal goes to doggy daycare once a week. :) ITA, that it would be a fun place to work. There are more and more of them popping up around here, and they're pretty popular.

Jane - How was the workout?

Missy - How did the conditioning ladder go? Did your friend like it? That 10-1 rep scheme can be brutal sometimes.

Waves to Rhonda, Andilynn, and Deanie.

I'm heading to the gym tonight, because it's air conditioned and it's going to be in the high 80's here today, and I am a MAJOR weenie about the heat. Sorry Jane. ;)

Have a great day everyone!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Got up late as usual! So I did 1 pullup, 4 chinups and 4DS High Intensity Step. Like this one. Had a little trouble on the 3rd blast though jumping over the step. I've only done it 3x so I was more comfortable with the choreography but I did have to rewind twice. I'm still glad she didn't take too much time for breakdown though.

Gayle - What do you mean by a 20# assisted pullup? Do you have a weighted vest or something like that?

Laura - Sorry your trade didn't go well. I've never done Strong Bear so I can't help you but good luck getting it back.

Waves to Andilynn, Deanie, Jane, Missy and Rhonda!

Marcy

Marcy - Good job on the chin ups and pull ups. I have a sort of home made "gravitron" set up to do assisted pull ups. I still can't do them yet. Basically, it's a rope and pulley system with some weights added to counterbalance my weight and make pull ups easier. So that was the assist. I'll try to find a picture of it.

Basically, it was cheaper to set up than buying bands. :p

Hi Everyone!

Great workout last night. That "Ralphy Boy" was tough and I didn't get a chance to go through the whole thing. I only had about about 45 minutes to workout last night but I plowed through 2 rounds. The heat wasn't too bad but a breezy would have been nice.

Here is my workout for today.

5 Rounds
40 seconds rest/20 seconds work non-stop
Swings
Jump Rope
Walkouts or Weighted sit ups
Kettlebell push press (double armed)
Kettlebell squats
Slam Ball
Push ups

Gayle ~ You wimp!! ;) Just kidding. I couldn't handle your frozen winters!! Nice workout last night!

Laura ~ Sorry about the trade problems. I have done a trade. I usually give my workouts to the library or to a friend.

I'm having a busy day at work today so I have to keep it short.

I'm wavin' to Missy, Rhonda, Marcy, Andilynn and Deanie (in Florida).

Hi cyber buds. Yesterday I was knackered ( that was for Laura) so I did nothing but take probiotics every 2 hours. I think it did the trick because today I feel good. I spent most of the day cleaning and organizing. I bought a grinder attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer so I made my own burgers. It was amazing! Was it heart healthy and good for the hips? I am so glad you asked :). Most definitely not! My arteries are probably crying. It won't be a regular meal only an occasional treat.

Gayle- Good circuit last night. Hope you enjoy the gym this evening. I know what you mean about being a weenie. It has been 100 here the past week. I hate going to the mailbox. Thanks for the chicken soup. I think it helped.

Marcy- Another good workout. You have inspired me to go dust off a Cathe and get busy.

Jane- You not finishing a workout? That just confirms that you are mortal. I was starting to think that you had some super human powers :). Hope you had a good workout today. I like flying better than driving but I hate the germ aspect. It seems that when I fly I have the privlege of being seated next to a farter, a seat kicker, or a cryer.

Waves to Missy, Laura, and Andilynn and hope Deanie is enjoying the great state of FL.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies

Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I was so busy. I did High Step Training which nearly killed me. That dvd is always hard for me. The original bootcamp I find much easier than HST. It must be all the leg press. Then last night I went to the gym and worked back and chest. I've only just started the gym and I feel very self conscious as I'm the only woman using free weights (they seem only to use the treadmill) and there was a group of young men around the dumbells and I think they must have thought it very funny seeing a 40 year old woman doing a bench press lol.

How dreadful about Farrah Fawcett and Micheal Jackson. What an awful twenty four hours. My thoughts are with their families.

I know I keep saying this but I love your workouts. I wish I could do a pull up/ Chin up but I can't do one.

Gayle: Thanks for the newjersey crossfit link. Your gravitron machine sounds interesting. I could do with something like that. I'm still very impressed with the doggy day care. I live in the Midlands and its only in the capital London that they have doggy day care.

Marcy: I like 4ds High Intensity Step although I haven't mastered the 3rd combo yet. I've sorted it out with the Strong Bear dvd and I got another dvd sent to her. I don't like the idea of people thinking I'm a bad trade. Although I don't think I'll bother in the future as its too much trouble.

Jane: That Ralphy Boy looks a killer what is a slam ball? I've never heard of that before.

Anyway I'm resting a bit today might do some yoga later or the P90x stretch. We'll see.

Take care and have great workouts.

Love
Laura
x

Good Afternoon!

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's Circuit Zone. This is one of my favorite circuits although I just don't care for the stretch at the end on the foam roller (which I don't have). There were 7 circuits with some bonus rounds. I only managed to do 5 and the bonuses because I ran out of time.

Lat pullover on bench - 20# KB with legs at 90 degrees
Chest Presses - 15#
Mountain climbers (she did jumps out and in holding onto step) and pushups
Rear delt flies - 8#

Alternating forward lunges - 10#
Rear Lunges with toe on bench - 10#
Prisoner squats (no weights but you really feel them), squat jumps and tuck jumps
Bonus leg cardio - scissor jumps - 1 minute; jump kicks - 1 minute, front/back lunge - 30 seconds each leg and 8 slow tuck jumps

Hammer curl, traditional curl, outside curl and reverse curl - 10#
Standing Overhead Extensions - 20# KB
Wood Chops - she used a med ball but I used a 10# db. I usually use 8 but really felt these with 10#.
Bonus - Tricep med ball throw - I used dbs again - 8# did a lying extension and press
Double Arm Kickbacks, with palms facing foward and palms facing back - 5#

Leg lifts to side (with versaloop around ankles) - I used a heavy band
inner thigh lifts from 3rd position (left foot at 45 degree angle, right foot turned out.)
Low jacks with versaloop - really felt these! Burning!
Bonus - Butt kicks with versaloop on for 45 seconds slow and 15 seconds fast

Wide Grip row - 10#
Lat raise with flip up, flip down (windshield wiper) - 5#
Military press - 5# (2-2 count)
V Row palms up then flip down - 5# (finished my workout here)
Bonus - jabs with weights
Legs - 1 legged squats
Balance work - leg extensions (like Cathe's KM drills) and other stuff.

Workout really moves fast. Mostly strength but enough cardio to keep the heartrate up.

I was very saddened to hear about Farrah & Michael yesterday. I grew up with Charlie's Angels and Farrah was my favorite. She was a real fighter to the very end. I can't say I listened to a lot of Michael but he was truly talented.

Pippadog - I definitely find HSTA harder than Boot Camp. I like all the strength work in HSTA except for the leg presses (which I don't do anymore). She does some different stuff in HSTA that's not in her other workouts. Do you have a chinup bar? It took me months before I was able to do one chinup. They take a lot of persistence but you can do it.

Most women at the gym seem to be on the treadmill (which I absolutely hate because it's so boring!) Be proud to be using weights. You'll be smiling in the long run. Maybe the other women will catch on and see how important weight training is.

It's still in the 90s here all week but I love it! Today's not as humid though so it feels a lot better.

I'm glad your trade worked out. I've done quite a few trades and so far they've worked out quite well.

Farmer - I'm glad I could inspire you! Sorry you haven't had good seatmates lately. Hopefully your next flight will be better.

Waves to everyone and have a great weekend!

Marcy

Hey everyone. I did Low Max last night and a stretch session. Today I think I am going to do a circuit or a cardio Cathe. I am not in the mood for kettlebells. Maybe tomorrow.

Very sad about Farrah and Michael.

Laura- Keep on with your weights. You will be the lady in the gym with the nice definition.

Marcy- Good job on Circuit Zone. It was 104 here today and I was reluctant to leave the house. Thank God for air conditioning.

Waves to everyone.

Hi!

I'm checking in late this evening. I was at my parent's all day today. It was tiring. I got frustrated with dad today and I feel like a failure. He doesn't remember it but I made him tell me that he forgave me.

I had a 2 hour break so I did a 80 lap swim this afternoon. I really needed that.

Farmer - Yep..I'm mortal although it's hard for me to not to finish a workout but I'm learning not to be so hard on myself.

Laura - I find HSTA to be much harder than Boot Camp. All those legs presses get me every time. Slam Ball is where you take a medicine ball and lift it over you head and then slam it to the ground, then you squat to pick it up and repeat over and over again. It's a great cardio workout and I always feel it in my inner thighs. It's also a great way to release stress! :)

I was not surprised to hear about MJ's death. I wrote him a fan letter back when he was with the Jackson 5. I think I was about 10. I wasn't a big fan later in life but I feel that he was a real talent and had much to offer in the music world. It's weird but I remember reading an article on him around the time Thriller came out and I remember telling my mom that I thought he would die young. Not sure where that came from but he was a tortured soul with a hard life. I'm glad he is at peace now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.