Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

This is a discussion on XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Happy Friday, I just finished legs (minus floor). It was harder for me today than last week. I did up ...

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Cathlete
2121's Profile Fields

Happy Friday,
I just finished legs (minus floor). It was harder for me today than last week. I did up the weights on the standing portion. Also, when I do the barre, I am usually short a few reps. Lastly, when we are on the ball and our butts are suppose to be in the air, mine is only about 2 inches off the ground.

I like the rear delt workout, ecxept the fact that the exercises are done one arm at a time. It seems like torture to me to do everything 6 times. Nothing like a littel bit of complaining.

Katie, I am now dreading supercuts when the time comes. Should I have a bucket ready?

Has anyone done any of the premixes on all out low impact? I woner if I will be tired of this disc since it is used so many times the same way.

Hope you all have a good Friday!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Cathlete

Greetings,
Katied, I agree, you deserved some pizza and a brownie. Years ago my ex hubby and I got into an accident due to a patch of black ice. I'll spare you all the details, but we almost went off an embankment, so we were really shaken up. We could drive our car home, so after we were done with the officers and could head back home, our first stop was the grocery store where we got a box of chocolates and a bottle of champagne. Who cared that it was 10 in the morning! We figured we had something to celebrate.
Enjoy your very talented children this weekend and be kind to yourself as you get back in your groove. I'm sending Henri some healing vibes.

I did my first Ultimate Yogi disc today and it was so wonderful. I feel great.

I'm not sure if I should keep checking in on this thread because I'm about to go off the reservation for a while. Maybe I'll just pipe in if I add in an Xtrain workout, which I am sure I will here and there.

Melissa, I have done the All Out Low Impact Extreme premix and I liked it. It repeats the first section. It was a good calorie scorcher. The second time I did Extreme, I did it manually and decided to repeat the second section with the step. I did *not* repeat the third section, but that would definitely be a toughie, and worth a try.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Eva,
Ill miss hearing u on here! I hope u peek in

That was a good idea to have chocolate! Lol i def would have as well.
So was UY hard? Can u describe what its actualy like? I have the foundations and i like them cause i do it like today after bi n tris because its short and it helps me relax.

Mellissa
Hi i have to modify alot. When im doing ball rolls i FEEL like my hips are up high but when i see in mirror it isnt lol. And im ok with that for now because before i couldnt even do one lol. Also i do double leg not single i tried but it is so hard. I figure it helps me to not get tired of it if i have a goal. Also on aolih . I only use one riser and i dont need two. Im so fine with thst i want to grow with the dvd and i tell ya i have lots of growth.

Today is bi n tris burn sets and ill do yoga i may do combat kickstart not sure yet.
Good day all!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Cathlete
2121's Profile Fields

Renee,
I am so glad to hear you say this about your leg routine. I am writing down how many less of each rep I do an hope I improve. I hope I can get thru all out low impact tomorrow with my jello legs. Also, being that tomorrow is Saturday, I have to motivate myself to workout.
Melissa
Old 02-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Cathlete

Bis n tris done! I tried les mils combat kickstart im not counting that as calorie burn cause i basicaly dont know the moves to good to get a sweat going.. In time i supose.

Thats a good idea to write down the reps mellissa. I have to stop a couple times lol. Butwe will get there! Thats what it is about anyhow , improving and man i hope i improve! We wil see. Tomorrow is kickstart.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Cathlete
katied's Profile Fields

hi everyone! home from a great concert and just about ready for bed. henri is still looking sad and quiet may be headed to vet tomorrow before our big storm hits on saturday night. i am so, so ready for spring!

melissa-- supercuts is great! no, it was the driving that i needed a bucket for that felt some better today, though. i even ended up having to pass the accident site on my way home from picking up my oldest. i think i will keep getting better everyday, though i do have to say i am driving super cautiously and slow now.

eva-- your accident sounds super scary! what a great idea you guys had! i hope that you stick around on here, even if you aren't xtraining, as i like reading your posts and hearing what's going on with you

renee-- great job on the workouts! i am sure you will have your new ones down in no time!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Cathlete
katied's Profile Fields

happy saturday! where is everybody? hope you are enjoying your weekends.

rest day for me today, which is a good thing. i am *so sore* today! don't know what that is about? did supercuts yesterday plus core 2 and 100 reps of lateral raises and scarecrows. today my butt, hamstrings and shoulders feel fried-- and supercuts is pretty light weights (except for the tubing exercises which are killer to me!) oh well. i will take DOMS when i get it! anyway, legs are on tap for tomorrow which i always dread, but i am seeing results there so i will take it.

we are going to a puppet show tonight at a local theater-- the heart of the beast-- and the kids are playing music beforehand. i am hoping that our bad weather waits to get here until after we get back home again.

vicky-- hope you are safe! and that you have power! saw the news on my phone and it looks pretty scary out east!

be well everybody,

katie
Old 02-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Cathlete

Greetings,
I did day 2 of Ultimate Yogi a few minutes ago and it was good. This is the cardio workout. I did manage to get my heart rate into my training zone so I was happy, it was a cardio workout as far as yoga is concerned. There is a nice ab add-on to this series which I did today and it was tough. A lot of held poses like boat pose, which is always really hard on my back so we'll see how those go. That had about 300 crunches total and took 15 minutes, so it was a pretty thorough ab workout. Tomorrow I may do tabatacise or supercuts and yoga. I'm already starting to freak out about not burning enough calories.

Katied, I'm glad you guys had a good time at the concert last night, and how cool they have a performance tonight pre-puppet show. Both of those sound like a lot of fun. I hope you don't have to drive to either one of those. I'm sorry Henri is still not very perky. Maybe if you take him to the vet you'll at least have more peace of mind because you'll know what's going on with him. It's always a super bummer when animals are unwell because it's also a mystery, unless there are obvious circumstances around their behavior.

Renee, good work on bis and tris and Les Mills. I think you'll like those once you get the hang of them. Do you like the music in the ones you've seen so far?

Ok, I'm off to get my day started, I have a ton to do today.

Stay safe and warm to all of you folks in wintry places. It's cold and windy here in Virginia today, but no snow. I wouldn't mind being snowed in, but I *do* hate shoveling.

Take care,
Eva
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Cathlete
2121's Profile Fields

Happy Saturday Everyone,
Just finished all out low impact and added burn sets chest.

Katie, the puppet show sounds like fun! sorry if you posted this before, what instruments do your kids play? I hate to bring it up, but maybe you are sore from the car accident.

Eva, I have tried yoga (only on dvd) and don't seem to get it I guess. Also, some of the moves are hard for me because my right shoulder is bad. Maybe if I went to an actual class I would see what I am doing wrong.

Renee, Do you get doms from bis and tris? I haven't, however, I really feel my triceps from the armpit down! At least they feel like I have great looking muscles!

Melissa
Old 02-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Cathlete

Today is HS i have family in from Georgia my DIL and oldest step son. so kinda hanging with them before i get my workout in but i will get it in. Its only 34 minutes so ill probly do it when tbey are busy doing skmeyhing lol.

Mellissa it was burn sets bis n tris and yes i got DOMS but not bad.... The first time i did it i had it bad then nothing the second and third time so i upped my weights yesterday and i do have soreness but not too bad. I am glad to get some soreness.

Eva yes i love the music on there, but when i use the dvds i have to do it with the music low option to hear instruction and then u cant hear the music but i then did it with music loud option, i loved that the music was great! And pimps up up however i couldnt hear them! So i was kinda lost so what im going to have do unfortunately is try to do the workout with just the music low till i learn it. Im glad im doing xtrain too because cambat isnt making me sweat yet because i dont know the moves but i can see once i learn it i should be able to sweat!

Katie hope u are doing great i hope u enjoy your rest day.
Hi Vickie !

Last edited by ReneePruitt; 02-09-2013 at 11:45 AM..