Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

This is a discussion on XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I'm starting X-Train tomorrow and I can't wait! I need something to get my booty in better shape! I've got ...

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM

I'm starting X-Train tomorrow and I can't wait! I need something to get my booty in better shape! I've got about 10 stubborn pounds to lose, I'm hoping this will rotation will help. This is the 1st Cathe rotation I have ever done. I have the LIS Barre dvd and I really like it. I've always just walked/jogged on the treadmill or used Jillian Michaels DVD's, but I just can't stand her anymore, she gets on my nerves. I'm glad to see so many people excited (and sore!) from these dvd's!!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Cathlete
katied's Profile Fields

Do you all mind if I join in? I got my xtrain on monday but am starting the 90 day rotation on sunday. i have tried out a few of the dvds and am so excited! i did supercuts on wednesday, all out low impact hiit yesterday and then added on the standing legs segment to my less impact crossfire premix today. i am watching/fighting a case of tendonitis, so i had been doing mainly low impact series since christmas (when the tendonitis started). anyway, i am hoping by icing it and keeping my foot up some during the day i can stick with my xtrain rotation! that's what i get for having flat feet, i guess! it would be great to follow along with you guys and see how we all do. a bit about me: i am a thai yoga bodywork therapist who also homeschools two of my kids (ages 11 and 14) and provides daycare to a sweet little 21 month old during the week. i also have a 16 year old who is a sophomore at a performing arts charter school. all three of my kids are serious string players and hope to have careers in music someday. my 14 year old daughter is also a cathlete and has started tried a couple xtrain workouts. looking forward to getting to know you all better!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to see a check-in for 90 Day undulating. Today is the start of week 2 for me. I loved the first week and couldn't wait for my rest day to be over.

Today is Burn Sets Chest/Back/Shoulders. I've had my morning protein/coffee... have protein & BCAA's flowing through my body, now I going in my gym to kill this workout!

I saw this yesterday and thought it was pretty funny, so I thought I would share.
Lol thats me! Lol i have been so sore tomorrow will be legss and im still sore from cardio leg blast. I barly can move lol
Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Cathlete

Oh hi .. I was wondering if we all can add are name at the end of ur post? I find its hard to address everyone without names. I cant remember user names to well. That way i can talk to individual instead of quoting a whole thing to address that person. Am i making sense? Lol i ramble. ..sorry. Im excited about this thread it looks like this is first rotation we have done for most of us! How cool ..we can do it!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Cathlete

I just did the 80 min leg premix - actually I did the "75 min" premix. I had to skip some of the floor work, I was just so tired. Plus, the kids came down (5 and 8) and I just could not focus. I also did the 100 hip thrust challenge, but with no weights. I still felt it w/o the weights. My booty needed it. :-)

fit44- love the cartoon!

Murphy
Old 01-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Cathlete

Murphy,
I HOPE i can make it too 60 minutes even on the legs.
The rotation has me up for that today, we shall see. How, did u like it? I am on my eay to church first.. Then this afternoon it is my turn! Ha
Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Cathlete
Jann's Profile Fields

HI all!! I am starting tomorrow... see you then!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Cathlete
katied's Profile Fields

hi everyone!

my hips are sore from just the standing sequence of legs yesterday! full rotation starts tomorrow-- thank goodness it's chest,back and shoulders. i am thinking i might add some low impact hiit since it is my work day off and i have the morning free.

hope everyone has a good weekend!

katie
Old 01-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Cathlete

Greetings,
Glad to see this group is growing quickly! There are so many of us who were excited to get this new series and start this rotation. It could not have come at a better time!

I noted Renee made a request for folks to use their real names if they were comfortable doing so, and I have to second that. It is also easier for me to remember names rather than screen IDs, although I'm not sure why. However, if you'd rather stay anonymous, that's fine too.

It looks like we're all at different stages on our rotation, give or take a day or two, but I think if we just report on what we've done and how our results are coming along, it will be nice to see everyone's progress. Obviously none of us are that far apart because we all just got this.

I just finished the first week of the 90 day rotation and I have to say it actually exceeded my expectations. When I first noticed that the workouts were all under an hour, I was happy, but wrongfully assumed they might not be that challenging. What was I thinking? I've been working out with Cathe long enough to know better, so I don't know why I assumed this. I was dead wrong.

I am sore today, and after doing the 80 minute leg workout today (I switched Low Impact HIIT because I had more time today than Friday), I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow. Cathe has such a great way of working legs. I also noticed that the other workouts I did this week gave me a great leg workout almost every day. Yesterday my hip flexors were actually sore, and I don't think that's ever happened to me. I, too, hate floor work, and cheated on those somewhat. I'll try to work up to doing all of it over the next few weeks. I just find it so BORING and annoying, for some reason...but my legs are the bane of my existence, so I'm going to try to buck up and work them as hard as I can.

I've been following the rotation to a Tee so far, but next week I'm going to start being more proactive about fitting in the 100 rep challenges. This week I did the chest one, the rear delts one and another one and the one with just rear flies. They were all nice add ons after the workout. I did not do the hip thrusts today, I just ran out of steam, but that gives me something to look forward to. I am curious about them. I noticed that they are done with three risers and I only have two, so I ordered more and will do them at some point. I had been wanting to order more risers but procrastinating, so I finally did. I also got my weighted gloves today, so I'll use them the next time I do Hard Strikes to see how that impacts the workout.

Tomorrow is my rest day and I'm really looking forward to it. I might do one of the yoga workouts in LIS. I really feel like I need it!

Have a good evening, ladies!

Eva
Old 01-05-2013, 07:53 PM

Hi!
I'm going to start on Monday, the 7th! I haven't followed a rotation before either! Looking forward to really tracking my healthy eating, following this program and sharing how things are going with others!
Eileen
Mariposa1973 likes this.