xoxoxoxoWeekend Kettlebellsoxoxoxox

Good morning everyone! I hope that everyone's weekend is off to a great start. :)

Gayle, are you planning to scare the joggers another day!? ;):p

Marcy, prisoner squats sound fun. What is your definition of getting up late? I have found that in the summers whatever the schedule was during the school year (bed times, dinner time, etc) just goes right out the window. My husband is the driving force behind it (he LIVES for summers! and late night swims at the pool) even though he still works exactly the same hours and days. I am worn out by his enthusiasm alone! LOL

Jane, sorry about your dad. Does he have alzheimer's? Why do you feel like a failure? We all lose our patience how and then. He knows that you love him, and it seems like you are doing the best you can. He is very lucky to have you. We visit nursing homes and I can't tell you how sad it is to see so many lonely people whose kids completely ignore and neglect them. :( You are a good daughter. :)

Rhonda, I LOVE MY KITCHEN AID MIXER!!! I don't have the grinder attachment, but I have three others - one I don't know how to use yet but I know that when I get it figured out will be just as fun, lol. Do you like any chefs? I am a HUGE Jamie Oliver fan, though most of my family doesn't like him. I have never made anything by him that I didn't like.

Laura, I am so happy that you have decided to hang out with us! :) Stick with the weights and some ladies will be inspired to join you. When I worked out at the gym I felt a bit like a freak, especially for the time in which I worked out. I would go in the morning, during the morning classes, and would use the "power" (I call it that because the beefy guys used it) lifting equipment while the ladies were in class. You just learn to ignore the stares and eventually the guys will get used to having you there. But, on the other hand, they could have been impressed to see a woman lifting! :D

Deanie, I can't wait to hear about your FL trip!!!

*waves hi to Andilynn!

My friend was over when she was texted by someone that Michael Jackson had died. We both thought that it was just a prank from her DH. I couldn't believe it when my DH got home and told me about it. His entire life was a trajedy - beginning to end. My very first tape for my very first boom box (remember those?) was Michael Jackson "Off the Wall". I just keep thinking about his children... :(

Sorry about not being here the last couple of days; we have been pretty busy. My friend really liked the workout, and she wants to do it every week now. :) It is so fun to have a workout buddy! It always makes you work just a little bit harder, don't you think? We went jetskiing yesterday - which was so incredibly fun!!! I have never been before, and I can't wait to go again! My daugher is wonderful, but sort of a girly girl (as in - "ew, bugs! oh my goodness, heights! someone rescue me!" if you know what I mean), and when she was riding with me I hit the waves as fast as I could and we were flying through the air - and I am going to be honest here, I did it in part because it was so freaking fun and I wanted to and in part, probably a bigger part, to torment her and get her over her "damsel in distress"ness. I thought for sure that I was going to get scolded by her, but she said "THAT IS SO FUN! Dad doesn't do that with me!" and she had the biggest smile on her face. Being mean to your kids works sometimes. ;) She still wouldn't steer, but that's okay. Baby steps. :) We also saw Transformers last night. It was pretty bad - I mean, the story wasn't too bad and the action was awesome but it could have done w/o all of the crudeness. I am not very easily offended but I felt really uncomfortable sitting in a theater filled with young kids watching all of the blatant sexual stuff and foul language. Why couldn't they keep it clean like the caroons we grew up with and loved? :confused:

Today I am doing a workout very similar to yours from the other day, Jane!

40 seconds work/20 seconds rest, 5-6 (depending on how I feel) rounds of:
*air squats
*slam balls
*burpees
*swings
*ball toss
*flying lunges (this will suck! good thing there is over a minute break afterwards)

Yesterday I did SIM and Providence flip n' squats, tactical lunges, 1 legged dls and squat/sumo squats.

We don't have anything planned for today but a birthday party at 3. I want to get the house clean, and will move on it as soon as I am finished working out. In all the fun we have the house gets left behind and for some reason it stresses me out - is that crazy? I am not generally a control freak, but when I walk into my kitchen and see it's a mess I want to break out in hives.

Have a great day everyone!
Missy

Hi kids! I hadn't said that since school let out ;). This morning I did Providence ( which by the way is really hard when you don't do it for over 10 days) and CS hips, feet, and range of motion. CS is really helping with my flexibility. When I did Low Max the other night, I could finally kick my leg all the way up. I felt like a Rockette.

Yesterday I was the handy dandy flashlight holder while DH put up a celing fan. I absolutely hate working with him on projects. He is very impatient and grouchy. We were going to install patio tiles this week and I convinced him to contract it out. It is for the good of our relationship and so that I will not become inmate #3848493.

Jane- Please don't feel like a failure. I know we are on the outside looking in and can't really understand what you are going through, but you are dealing with a stressful situation. It is difficult to look at a loved one and realize they are a fraction of the person that you grew up with. Just do the best you can and that is all you can do. When you need to take a break, take one. Exercise is good, but don't wear your body out in the process of trying to free your mind. DH's mom is senile and he gets frustrated because she can be very lucid and nice and then shift in a matter of minutes. They can't help it. You have to look at them not as the person they were but as the person they are. (((Hugs))).

Missy- Welcome back chickadee. Glad you have been enjoying the summer. What other attachments do you have? I have had my mixer for 12 years and I am just really starting to use it. I may break down and buy the ice cream attachment. As far as chefs go, I don't really have a favorite but I do have a nerd crush on Christopher Kimball ( America's Test Kitchen). I enjoy the science behind cooking. I subscribe to Cook's Illustrated and have been trying to use more recipes out of the mag. Yesterday I made French Toast with Challah bread. It was good but I don't have to make it again. I like pancakes better.

Waves to everyone. Have a great weekend.

Hi everyone!

Missy and Rhonda ~ Thanks so much for the pep talk. I'm feeling better today. Yes, my dad has dementia. It's been an interesting journey so far and I'm learning so much about myself and my family. My mom is a ROCK and I'm so lucky to have 2 of my sisters here to help with the load. We all communicate and get along. We take turns sleeping at their house at night and last week was my week and it was a tough one. My mom sorta thanked me for getting frustrated because she said she's glad she isn't the only one. I had a couple of late nights last week so I think I was just tired. My dad is the sweetest person on earth so it's really hard to see him get upset and angry. I feel so bad for him but we are committed to keeping him at home as long as possible. Sometimes I am very, very hard on myself but I'm working on being more "human". :)

Today my sisters and I went out to lunch and did some shopping. It was great!!! Then I came home and did P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps!

Missy - How was your workout? Isn't it nice to have a workout buddy? My twin sister and I workout together and now my sister Mary has joined us as well. Your ride on the jetski sounded like fun!! I have had a Kitchen Aid Mixer for 20 years and it's still going strong!!

Rhonda - I'm glad you are hiring someone to install your patio tiles. I would miss you otherwise. Do they have the internet in prison?? :p

Waves hi to Laura, Gayle, Marcy, Andilynn and Deanie (in FL).

Hi Ladies

Missy: Wow jetsking sounds fab. So exciting. We have a waterpark near us here in Tamworth where they do that kind of thing. I'll have to give it try myself. Also we're hoping the see Transformers soon. It cam out over here last week so we're waiting a few weeks until the rush dies off a bit.

Farmer: I quite agree on contracting the work out. My DH is very good at DIY but it always pushes our relationship to the limits lol.

Jane: I'm sorry to hear about your father. Dementia is a terrible thing. My own father suffered along time with mental illness and its very hard to see someone you love change so much. Sending big hugs your way.

My new dvds arrived yesterday the Lauren Brooks one and the AOS one with Beth Chamberlin. I'm very impressed with Anthonys form pointers he seems very good. I had to keep rushing outside to try the swings as our house is very small and it wouldn't be a good idea to swing a dumbell in my lounge lol. I keep trying the windmill, but the 8kg kettlebell seems to hurt my shoulder. I can't seem to get it right. I'm going to try initially just soing the movement without a weight, then I will progress to a lighter dumbell.
I was so excited yesterday. We went shopping and I found a shop that sold Oxygen magazine. I nearly screamed when I saw it. We don't get decent womens health magazines over here. So I had to have it. I'd love to get Muscle & Fitness Hers but we only get the mens one. DH said I should try to subscribe and get it delivered internationally. I will think about it. I think cardio and upper body work is on the cards today. May do Pyramid upper body. We'll see. Anyway have good days ladies and take care.

Love
Laura
x

Hey all! Just stopping in before we heat out to church this morning. :)

Today is a rest day. My lower back has had some minor pain since Jan and today I woke up very stiff. I think that I am going to have to slow down on the WODs; all of that high impact isn't helping, as much fun as I have been having. Yesterday during impact on some of the jumps I felt tension all the way up to my jaw - not good. I wonder what brought it on now. I have been stretching and doing exercises for it morning and night. I bet it was all the jumping I did yesterday; I will have to do low/no impact for a while now. Anyhoo...

we are going to my MIL's for my niece's birthday party today. I am not really looking forward to it because all the food she has is processed, bagged, frozen, boxed... nasty stuff and no fresh food to be seen. She is insulted when I bring my own food, and I don't want to offend her I just hate the way I feel when I eat at her house. What would you do?

Rhonda, you might get a kick out of watching DH and I fix things. I do things the fast and easy way, which frustrates him to no end because he is a perfectionist, and he takes his time and does things the slow and correct way, which frustrates me because I am impatient and have about a million other things to get done. :p We don't yell at each other, but there are lots of "honey's" and "sweeties" used in perhaps a more patronizing tone than is necessary, lol. We are both too prideful to pay anyone else to do things for us (and we'd rather spend our money on other things), so we have lots of fun memories of the kids scolding us and telling us to play nice or they'll make us sit on the couch and hold hands.

Oh shoot, DH is calling me to leave so I'll be back to finish, Jane and Laura!!!

I hope that everyone enjoys today, and I'll see you later! :)

Missy

Hi gals!! I'm back!! :)

Hi every one!!

I am back from vacation!! (well it was really just a get away) Don't know if I shared this or not, but my dad went into an assisted living home last week. (about 3 days before we got down there). My dad has Lewy body, a form of Alzheimers. We (my dh and kids) went down to visit my dad and support my mom. It was tough visiting my dad (he knew who I was on Tuesday, but not on my last visit on Friday). He no longer recognizes my mom for about 2 weeks now.:( It got to be too much for her to take care of him, and he was very agitated in the evenings. Then one day my mom had to call 911 for help with him, and so we (mom and me and my brothers, with the help of 2 drs. made the decision to put him in the home) my poor mom really wants him home in her heart, but in her head, she knows she can't do it.:(:( My brother was down the week before, he is a CPA/MBA in finance, so he helped get my mom situtated financially, and when I came down, we helped with going to banks and visiting with dad. I give the people who worked in the home alot of credit. It is so sad!! It was alot like working with 4 year olds (like I do) but sad, because these people had lives and all..... just sad. Sorry for the downer, just wanted to fill you in....

I have checked some of the other threads and like the workouts you all have been doing!

Jane::: please don't feel bad about being frustrated. Its hard. And you are so lucky to have your dad home and be close by and with your sisters!!!:):):) I envy you that.... In a good way:confused: hope that made sense.

welcome Laura

Hi to everyone else!!!! Missed you all!!!! :):):):)

"talk" to you tomorrow, when I start SIM!!!

Hi Everyone,

I went for a hot run this morning. I'm not sure how far we went but it was probably 3 or 4 miles. Very humid morning here. I wanted to go swimming this afternoon but it ended up raining, which is good because we really needed it.

Deanie ~ {{{HUGS}}} to you and your family. I know what a tough decision it was to have your dad moved to an assisted living facility. If my mom was living down here alone, he would be in a similar place because my mom couldn't handle him. My mom really doesn't want to do that and we are all in agreement. It's been hard but I cherish the time I have with him. I know how it is when your dad doesn't recognize you. I am used to it by now. I have been a "boy", his niece and "the lady who wakes men up in the morning". :eek: We feel that it will be soon for my dad. All he does is sleep. I was over there for 3 hours this afternoon and all he did was sleep. One time I reached over to touch him and his skin was so clammy. I got scared and woke him up but he was ok.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.