xoxoxo~~c-t-wed~~oxoxox

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Made it to the doc about 7 last night. It was a difficult trip to make because I was shaking so much it was almost hard to drive. There were a few times in the day I considered going to the hospital because my temp was almost 104 but I would take a bath and it would go down. The doc gave me amox and just said tonsillitis. I'm pretty sure it's strep but don't need to go through a throat culture to figure it out and amox will get rid of whatever it is. I started freaking out that maybe it was influenza yesterday because I just was SOO achy and miserable. Couldn't sleep, couldn't get comfortable... just awful.

So, I slept OK last night. Was up at 3 to take more meds because my fever spiked again and then Ryan woke me at 7 when he went to work and I've still got everyone in their jammies watching HSM. We had ice cream for breakfast (whcih made me the coolest mom ever). I haven't eaten in 3 days and this is the only thing that sounded remotely good on my throat. Well, for whatever reason, my stomach rejected it so I'm just ultimate amounts of weak. I haven't even been drinking enough water because it hurts too much.

Lisa, I'm so sorry about the issues with your mom. Why would she even say that? Stick to what you know is true. A size 2 is AWESOME! You're doing great, don't let her get in the way. You are definitely NOT fat!

Klaudia, so fun that you have a training partner. So fun. I can't wait until I can do stuff like that with my kids. Anna's pretty good on a bike but Ellie's not quite confident enough yet.

Katie, how are you feeling this am re: SAHM, etc? Hope you were able to find some peace!

Kate, your day yesterday sounds productive and fun! Was Gina happy that you picked her up?

Morris, don't worry about your extra 300 cals. I'm sure you more than made up for it during your run! And there are far worse things to indulge in!

Robin, the dog is super cute! I remember him promising his daughters that they would get a puppy in his acceptance speech!

Colleen, glad you were able to get home at a reasonable hour. I love that no matter what is going on in your life, you are consistent!!

Anne, how's CA? Been thinking of you and DH a lot lately. I really hope you are able to work things out.

Well, I'm back to the couch. Pretty sleepy. I don't know if I'll be back today but wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about you. Prob won't be working out again for at least a week... :(

Angie - Sounds like whatever you have is terrible! Get your rest and enjoy that ice cream if you can! I had a really bad case of strep a few years back and I hated it. The amox should clear whatever you have in your throat up within 24hrs and you should be feeling better by tonight hopefully. Take care of yourself! Ryan can't stay home to nurse you back to health, lol??? Thanks for the kind words. My mom can be like that sometimes. Frustrating.

I did not get any wo in tonight. The kids' room was a mess and we had to intervene. DH and I had to direct and scold all at the same time. They went to play at the neighbors after school instead of folding their clothes and doing the very little we ask of them. Eugh...now I feel a little yuck for not being able to wo, but I will tomorrow, or today for the rest of you!

Lisa

Lisa, I never looked it up until today, but we're 12 hours apart. That's so crazy! So, you're putting your kids to bed and I'm getting mine up! Hope you have a good night's sleep!

Katie! That's awesome! Are you planning to do the half? I'm so jealous!!! You'll kick butt!

I know I'll feel better soon. I feel significantly better today since the aches and fever are pretty much gone but I'm still needing to be in bed and instead I'm snapping at my kids who are just being kids... :(

lisa, hot + muggy would = no wo for kate!:p
oooh, i hate when dds rm gets out of control!
thats really awful abt your mom!!!!

morros, keep strng!!! glad the therapist helped! id love an objrctive person to vent to! sorry abt the junk food issue.....our moms dont really do it. mil feeds them ritz, but there are far worse things!

angie, you are a cool mom for sure! so sorry youre feeling so rough! yuck! hope the meds do thetrick.

katie, yay!!!! you can do it!!!!

-

js up early to nurse.....and i really needed the extra time this am. figures! im babysitting my 4yo nephew today. hes a handful....or maybe its just that hes a boy! ;p;! he'll be ere 8-4. hellllp!:p

I ROCKED THE RUN LAST NIGHT!!!! had to totally hold back so i didnt leave ;aura in the dust! yessssss! then we did cs legs/abs. im feeling nice & lean today. love it!

catdio/stretching - but not til tonight.
not sure on menu....but clean!

Kate, great job on the run last night! You are a rock star for sure! Good luck with your nephew. I have a hard time with boys too... I think we're just used to different issues! :) Hope you have a good day!

a, i hate that feeling of snapping at the kids for really just being silly girls. makes me feel like my mom.:( and i have lots of memories of her being ornery!:rolleyes::rolleyes: i need to remember to take a deep breath before i say/do things i'll regret!

Thanks ladies! Yes, I registered for the half!

The scale is up waaayyyy more than I am comfortable with - I have got to get it together! I am committing to 100% squeaky-clean W-T-F. I do not care for the number on the scale!

hey everyone!

angie, glad you are on the mend with the drugs. feel better.

katie, great idea for the half. have fun with it. ikwum re scale. my plan is to not only be 100% the next 3 days, but also not step on the scale until friday.

kate, great run last night. enjoy your cardio today.

lisa, your mom was not nice to say that! great job letting it roll off your back.

this am aidan got me up at 4:15, so i did my 10 miler, abs, and chest and back (superset stuff). no major plans for the day as dh is home. will play outside and also hopefully start going thru the garage and whatnot to clean up. bbiab

Katie, Sorry for the scale woes!! Clean eating - you can do it!!!:D

Morris, Early mornign for you too!
Great job pulling put that WO on little sleep! What time do you get to bed?
Have fun with garagemax!

Nephew is here.....wish us luck!:p

Hi Everyone!

I am a bad day yesterday at work so I hoping today will be better. It just seemed like everything that could go wrong did. I am not too upset about it, just frustrated. I did not bring lunch today and I have a meeting at lunch. I can eat unhealthy italian or hope that I have enough time to run out and get a salad. We have different vendors come each day for lunch and it is frustrating that some of them don't have 1 thing that is healthy.

Katie, congrats on registering for the half marathon. You are brave for doing it in November. It would be too cold for me.
Kate, have fun with your nephew today.
Angie, hope you feel better. Don't worry about the ice cream for breakfast - I would do it too.
Morris, 4:15 is too early. Glad you got a good run in this morning.
Lisa, sorry about your mom's comment. That is so rude.

Off to start meeting Wednesday - yuck!

colleen, mmmm....italian.....lasagna. portion-control vibes comin' your way! would they at least have a tossed salad to go with it???? the breadsticks would be my downfall!:p hope the mtgs go fast!

-
b - wheat chex, grapes, 1/2 banana
s - 1/2 apple, 10 raw almonds
l,s,d, ???????

going good w/ nephew. i think we'll go to the bank & bread store to break up the day!:)

hey

Late check in. My DD finished with finals so I had to pick her up early. So my w/o schedule is all messed up:mad:. I may take a long power walk today instead of doing my planned ME.

LOL My son's room it the black hole because anything that goes into that room is never seen again. My DD keeps her room clean.

Angie take care of yourself and maybe suck on icy's instead of milk products. I so sorry you keep getting sick. Do you take vitamins? Are the girls sick?

Katie YES YOU CAN! I so glad you signed up for a 1/2 marathon. We will keep you motivated until the fall.

Kate great run last night. Do you think that you will do a marathon when j get older? Good luck with the kids today.

Lisa sorry about FD with your mom. Did she ever have a problem with her weight or self esteem. I find that women who comment on other women's weight gain, especially when you are thin, is a little envious.

Moris garage-max is like a w/o

Colleen good luck with meeting and that sucks about the vendors...can't they even serve chicken wraps?

Last edited:
robin, when are your kids done w/ school?
sorry abt the wo sched.....hope you get sthing in later!
me thinks NO WAY on a marathon.:p i dont enjoy it that much:D

-
nephewmax is MAX!!! boys are busy!!! we stopped to see mike @ work too. lunch is done....j needs a nap then we'll go see the horses. maybe some playdoh outside????

Last day of school is next thru but my DD is done with finals.

Kate give the boy a ball to play with, that may help.

Angie - I think all moms do the yelling thing when tired and stressed. I know I do.

Katie - I'll be right there with you on the clean eats the next few days. Half marathon, you go girl!

Kate - Boys are definitely a different breed than girls, lol! Hope your day isn't too wild with your nephew. Way to go on the run! I knew you'd be picking up speed quick!

Morris - I would love to clean out my whole house before the summer ends. Good luck with your cleaning.

Robin - My mom is just plain insensitive and a bi#*& sometimes. I wonder if she ever had those issues though. If she did, she would never tell me. Have a good power walk. I was planning on ME today also.

Colleen - Hope you can find a salad somewhere. I hate when I'm all set to eat clean and the option is not there.

Quick check-in. Gotta balance the checkbook then leave to change the oil in my car. I'm meeting my girlfriend up at the mall after that. Hoping to get ME in this afternoon, if not, it will be a night wo which I rather not since I hardly slept last night. No meals yet, but bfast will be kashi cereal. BBL.

Lisa

lisa, glad to know you're a mortal and dont change you oil yourself!:p
meeting a friend - awesome!! im jealous! i need an outing wicked-bad!:confused:
kashi sounds sooo good....gotta finish my wheat chex box first tho!:p

robin, the kids etting excited schools out soon?
-
almost fell asleep reading to the kids! was doing the head-nod move!:p got up, went in the batroom, took a big drink & did jumping jacks. all better now!:p:p:p

Day is done and I'm feeling a **bit** better. Still a pretty nasty sore throat but choked down some creamy chicken noodle... although couldn't do the chicken. :(

My sister's IL's have been in town this past week and they're staying at the hotel we usually stay at when we go to disney. They called today and said they're leaving early and we could have their hotel the last two nights if we want it (they have a time share so it's already paid for). I think as long as I'm better, I'm going to jump on it! We wanted to celebrate Ellie's 3rd bday (June 20) with a trip to disney and swimming so this works out perfectly and I was stressing b/c all the hotels are super $$$ in the summer. We usually pay $189 in the winter for our fave (2 bed villa) but now it's $400 a night!!! YIKES!

Ok, gonna drink my effervescent pain killer stuff (I hate drinkable meds) and try to go to bed. Wish me a good night's sleep - I could sure use one!

See you all in the AM!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.