xoxo kettlebell thursday xoxo

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today's fun workout: http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Melissa::: Jordan is Awesome!! I love him! And if you don't own his Corrections dvd you should look into it. Really great info and instruction! I totally agree, anything he says is golden!! I would possibly be interested in Viking Warrior, but not the other programs. I think (today, you know it changes daily;)) that I will take some time off and do other programs. I miss some exercises that I haven't done in a while - like the windmill and figure 8 to a hold. Then start the pm over again with the 24kg for swings and the 20kg for TGU's. I think I could stay with that for a while too. I like the cycling and the variety days of RoP. I read somewhere, I think in ETK book, that Anthony is RKC. The cert. that he offers on his website is not though. I think that is his own certification that he does, and I think its easier than RKC. I think Anthony's market, or target audience is more "main stream" if that makes sense. (Pavel is more hard core- JMO) I definitely think he is a great intro to kb's as are his programs. There are 2 styles of swings - one is hardstyle, not sure of the other - maybe GS? I guess he is doing one of those styles. I like SIM and Resolution. I gained in strength with them. Resolution I is presses and swings - what could be bad? I'm just not sure how I would use them now. SIM doesn't leave room for swings and I agree with you and Jordan, swings are key. However, SIM works on the press and the snatch and originally in RKC those are the 2 exercises Pavel stressed.

I have the RKC ebook. If anyone is interested I could email it.

I was re-reading ETK last night and every time I read that book, I learn stuff!!

Sorry your workout didn't go as planned. I think with the heavier weight it takes longer to build up to no push presses.

good for you going vegan for a day :):)

waves to Gayle, Jane and Rhonda!
Marcy - are you still here? busy?

Have a great Thursday everyone
BBL!

Good morning!

Okay peeps...who is this "Jordan" that you speak of??? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Deanie - Great TGUs today!! :cool: Only banging your leg once on figure 8's is what I call a successful workout. :p Thanks for the info on the test. I shoulda known it was in the book :eek:. I've been trying to not get ahead of myself with that one, because I always end up missing something...like you said, I pick up something new every time!

Melissa - I hope you got a good night's sleep! Yes, I'm ALWAYS dripping sweat at the end that workout! Rascal is doing great. :) We're waiting for the weather to get warmer so we can start taking him with us when we go out to eat. :p There are a couple of very dog friendly restaurants in town with outdoor dining. The backsplash tile has been ordered, but it hasn't arrived yet. Once that's in, I need to finalize the paint color and get that done.

I'm intrigued by Viking Warrior, too. I wish I could find more details about it.

Jane - I hope you had a great run, and that mom got some rest. :)

Hi Marcy and Rhonda!

Here's last night's workout. I *know* I shoulda practiced cleans for the buy in, but I had a burning need to verify that I still know squat. :p

Buy in: Back squats
53x5
73x5
93x5
123x3x3 - felt purty good!

ETK: TGU 7 minutes @ 16kg
* 4r/4l - I took a few breaks during this, and that helped a LOT!

Cash out: A variation on Jane's bear crawl workout (scaled for space and time), but I think it should be named "!@#$ing Double Unders" because that's what I kept gasping.

5 Rounds:
* 14m Bear Crawl w/ 20# DBs
* 15 Double Unders
* 10 Swings @ 16kg

This was a good sweating workout! It took around 15 minutes...the double unders really killed my time on the first two rounds.

I gotta swing tonight. Have a great day! BBL. :cool:

Good morning!

Okay peeps...who is this "Jordan" that you speak of??? Inquiring minds want to know!!

I want to know too!!

Hi Everyone!

I'm taking a rest day. I have a 5K race tomorrow evening and then another one on Saturday morning.

Mom is doing well. No side effects yet!! :)

Melissa ~ My mom gets more amazing everyday. I thought I learned so much with taking care of dad. Now I'm learning so much from my mom. She connected with the chemo nurse right away so the experience has been great so far. That's how my mom looks at things. You can have a pity party but keep it very, very short and then keep moving forward.

Deanie ~ I always drop my kb during figure 8's not to mention banging my legs as well! Great job today!

Gayle ~ Loved the workout with the bear crawls. My sister is still whining about that workout. The worst part of the bear crawls was trying to avoid these round pine cone-looking things (I don't know what they are but they fall from the trees). They have pointy ends....OUCH!!!!

Hi Rhonda ~ I'm thinking of you and sending {{hugs}}.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi again!

Okay, this is Jordan of whom we speak:;)
http://www.averagetoelite.com/
http://averagetoelite.blogspot.com/

He's on the DD forums a lot. His name on there used to be 311 bravo. He always gives excellent advise, and like I said, his corrections dvd rocks! He's funny too:p

Gayle:: Great workout! You definitely know squat!:p Have you decided on a color for the kitchen yet? Will you paint first or backsplash first?

Jane:: Glad to hear your mom is doing well :) Good luck on your race tomorrow!

Melissa:: What's on the agenda today?

waves to Rhonda!

Here is Jordan's website and youtube channel:
http://www.averagetoelite.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/averagetoelite

I watch his corrections on youtube and I love his sense of humor. I wish he lived in IN. :( I would seriously fly to to CA to work with him, and I have absolutely no desire to visit CA - that is just how awesome he is. He reminds me of my youngest brother. :D

Deanie, I read how the swing has changed... IT'S ALL SO CONFUSING! As soon as I think I know what's going on! :eek:
Did you like how the 20kg felt for TGUs?

Gayle, Viking Warrior is an interval challenge. I know for men it's done with a 16kg bell, 15 seconds of work/15 seconds of rest alternating hands each round for as many rounds as possible. It is supposed to crank your VO2max. I think you only do it 2x a week so it would be easy to do with other things. I don't want to buy the book - CHEAP OF ME I KNOW! - because I get the basic concept and I am tempted to just start doing it on my own with a 12kg after I master the snatch (or get close to it at least).
You can definitely still squat!

Jane, I bang my legs on Fig 8s, too! :eek:
I am a tree nerd: those are Gum Tree seeds causing you pain. My sister and I used to call Gum Trees "Tree Stars" because their leaves look like stars and are so beautiful in the fall.
Yeah MOM!!!

Rhonda, hugs and kisses and more smooches!

Here is my workout:
http://fitmiss.tv/index.php/workinit
I am going to do something this afternoon, too, because about half an hour after the workout I didn't feel like I had done anything, no endorphins or good feelings at all. I am spoiled by metabolic workouts and it's been a loooooong time since I have done strictly strength. I think I am going to do the Metabolic Optimizer workout I love so much from this past winter. It is short, and oh-so-sweet.

See you guys later!

Melissa

Thanks for the Jordan info, ladies! :)

Melissa - I totally have the "cheap gene". If there's a way to legally get what I want for free, then I'm all over it! :p

Deanie - Thanks for the VW links! :) I'm going with a pale green paint for the kitchen, I just need to find the *right* pale green, because there are like 10,000 of them to choose from! :eek:

Jane - My obliques were really feeling those bear crawls after lunch today. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.