Xers....What's your soup? Thursday

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Did you Xers get the title of the thread?

I've been so busy lately I don't know if I am coming or going. I'm keeping up with the thread, but I just haven't had any time to post.

No legs yesterday as DS did Interval and core+ with me which threw off my schedule, but it was nice to have someone to workout with. The upper body is toasty from the day before. Then I did M. Hips with Eion. Today is my rest day. I wish I could get home early because I'd love to sneak in some legs, but it's probably not going to happen.

Everyone have a great day!

Tracy

Good morning. Today is walk on the treadmill with Rodney Yee's yoga abs. I haven't done that one in a long time and it looks like a good one. Yesterday was busy. The boys did ride their bikes home from school yesterday. I have been keeping them so busy this week that I think by Friday, we are all going to drop.

Tracy - Thanks for starting us out. I hope that you do get home early so you can do legs today.

Off to workout. BBL.

Lea

No soup for you!!!!!!

Good morning all! Hope everyone has a productive day planned....well, I guess...LOL! I guess I will have to clean this dirty house today...there are no excuses left. I need to study a bit in case we have a test on Friday...and I guess I have to do cardio today, too. I will have to look for something with a high fun factor, since I am not feeling the love.

I have my doctor's appt this morning so I will let you guys know what he has to say, if anything, about my fatigue.

Hope everyone has a great morning.....bbl for some personals.
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good morning!

Nothing exciting in my soup: lentils, please :9 And yup, Tracy, I get it. I also get Debra's comment. That was such a funny one, Debra. Another classic episode.

I picked up my parents from the airport yesterday afternoon. We went out for dinner last night and part way through the meal, DD#1 ran to the bathroom and puked. Too bad she was inches away from the toilet when it happened. So, she's been puking all night long. My stomach's finally feeling better. I'm trying to sanitize everything so my parents don't come down with this. At least it comes and goes in only a couple of days, not like poor Nicole and Lea.

Based on the responses I got, I think I'll start the Feb rotation on Monday. That is, unless the March rotation turns out to be too good to resist :)

Tracy....Very nice workout for you yesterday. I like that combo. I wish I could get more m.hips and Shiva in my life. Enjoy your rest day; you've earned it.

Lea....You paint a wonderful scenario; being outside with the kids on bikes. That sounds like a nice day. About the illness/16% bf: Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if your immune system is being compromised in some fashion. Have you always been so thin, or did the raw food eating take you there? I know that protein is very important for the immune system, and when I was eating vegan I wasn't getting nearly enough protein, despite my best efforts. I also wasn't eating soy, which would have been an easy way to "beef" up my protein intake, ha ha. I'm certainly not suggesting that a non-animal protein diet can't be healthy, just that you might want to take a close look at your intakes and make sure you're still getting enough of all the right nutrients.

Debra....Doctor Day!!!!! I'm so excited!!! I'll try not to get too impatient when you come back and say it will take a week to get the test results back. Did you observe anything interesting about the 2 women at lunch? So, Eoin gets tough, does he?

Jeanette....I never got around to washing the handprints, so the task still awaits you :) I know you're relieved. I have sagging skin on my lower belly from the pregnancies that I think only a tummy tuck can fix. "Cruised into the cafeteria"....hilarious!! Are you doing a step workout today? Have you ever managed to preview or attempt Amy's Step Challenge? I'm still working on getting past the first combo. Just not enough time to practice, and she's too confusing for me to just wing it.

Wendy....Yes, I think I was indeed delirious. But at least I was enjoying my time of illness. My DH works out right before bed, too, and wakes up early. Like you, I don't know how he does it either. He says, "What else am I supposed to do?" And since he's at work 12 hours a day, I have to agree with him. My parents have arrived packing 5 dvds of photos from Thailand!!!! Care to see them? (help! help!). LIS IS a pretty easy workout, I swear. It was perfect for me yesterday, like a nice brisk walk. Did you ever do any of the 4DS before you lent it out? The cardios are not the killer-intense of Young Cathe, but nice and reasonable for a pre-heavy weight lifting segment. I'm glad your mom's condition is under control now. I also want to know: is she back in the US now?

Teddygirl....Oh my you had me laughing about your milk mustache!!! My embarrassing moment: my grocery store was giving out ice cream cones made with chocolate soy ice cream. Of course I enjoyed it at my leisure as I shopped. On my way home I stopped to get gas, and had a lengthy conversation with other people when I went into the booth to pay. Got home and looked in the mirror to see that I had a solid ring of chocolate all around my mouth. :+

Laurie....Yup, DD's parenting experience struck me as terribly funny, too, especially since I was already in a state of delirium. Your DD got a great self-esteem boost from her run with you. That's nice. Were you a runner back in your school days? I loathed it, and loathed the people who were good at it LOL! I'm ready to start the Feb rotation on Monday. It's been about a month since I finished the X. You're so close to finishing Round 3!!!!! Do you think you'll ever do Round 4?

Nicole....You're in a hell that will never end. Thank heavens you have those in-laws!!! I was so grateful to have my mother here last night as my DD was upchucking all over her bed, in her hair, on her pillow....DD's getting lots of Grandma cuddles, then I spray down Grandma with Lysol :)

Christiane....I commend your ability to fly all over the world and stick with the P90X rotation. I couldn't do that. I hope your luggage eventually catches up with you.

Kim....Are you still feeling the love for YogaX? That one always makes my butt and hamstrings feel good.

So I did do LIS yesterday. That shoulder workout is a great one. This morning I'll be doing 4DS Kickbox, legs included. My butt and hamstrings have finally stopped hurting from PLB on Monday.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Morning,

Quick check in today it is going too be a busy day, has already startedx( This morning I did cardio coach #1 and S&H chest & back. Be back to chit chat.

Sandra: ROL :) :)

Good morning,
Today was Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Step (4 combos) then did the stability ball abs from KPC. Was able to do the pikes on the ball much better than after PUB the other day. Am looking at my arms in the mirror and they are looking better. Maybe it's just a good mirror. Am a bit puny today. Don't need the cold to pay me a visit. DH and I are planning on going out to the desert right after work. Ooooh, something to look forward to!

Soup? I like a chicken tortilla soup thank you. Is this something from Seinfeld? The soup Nazi? Guess I need to rent the Seinfelds.

Tracy, glad you had a good time working out with your DS yesterday. Is P90X making good changes to his physique? Is your DH still working out to keep up with you?

Lea, enjoy the yoga abs today. Bet the boys enjoyed riding their bikes. Nice weather up here lately.

Debra, we will be anxious to hear what the dr. says about the fatigue. Be sure you tell him about the 4 hour naps. I picked an easier cardio (Christi Taylor) because I'm a bit wimpy today in my energy level, plus I just like her DVD's. Last night's spin was intense enough.

Sandra, OMG re: your DD getting sick at the restaurant! You have surely had more than your share of household sickness. Bet that put a damper on the dinner. I still haven't done my dishes, dusted from the weekend or mopped the floor, but as soon as I do...I'll be right over to hit those prints. No, I still haven't done my new Amy Step Challenge. I was afraid I'd spend the whole time rewinding it. I almost chose LIS or HIS cardio. Today's step workout is the only non-bike cardio I'll do this week ;( . Guess I'm still wondering, if too much cardio works against weight loss and leanness for me, then how does an endurance athlete train and maintain muscle? 3 cardio sessions a week doesn't seem like enough to improve.

Latrese, you had me wiping my mouth all day yesterday at work LOL! CC#1 is a good one too, heck they are all good. I'll be using those more once I quit riding indoors with the Garage Boys.

Got to run,

Jeanette

"The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." ~ George

We're running late today!!! Stayed up late last night to watch Tony Snow on the Colbert Report.:D I'll have to post personals and reply to emails after art lessons.

Today is power heated yoga.

The Crazy Asian should be released from the hospital today. She is back in Florida. She came back to the states on the 20th.

Have a great day!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!
Wendy

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 3/Week 12/Day 6
Workout: Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox Bootcamp

Orders soup and moves to the side. :9 :7 :7

Another good run with the DD. Had to send youngest home, she tried to keep up with her older sister and pooped out. I said just head home, and we will be there in a few min. Only did 1.5 miles. The running plus cold temps really make you tired later in the evening. DD was sleeping by 8pm. :D

Tracy, Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend ahead of you. After being busy all week it would be a nice change of pace. :) Just do some sneaky lunges at work, and have everyone wondering WHAT!!!

Lea, Let us know how the yoga abs workout is. I have not done a Rodney Yee workout, do you like his instruction? Sounds like everyone is busy this week, hope when you all drop it is a nice soft landing. :D

Debra, LOL about the "I guess I have to do cardio". Totally understand the not loving sometimes. :D I need to clean my house too, feel if I don't look at the mess to hard I won't see it. :D :D So your dog is being a little naughty this week? I managed to get ours tired yesterday. Took her with me for the run, and she was tired last night too. Today is her doggie daycare day, so tonight will be another snoozer. :D DH was getting ready this morning, and she was whining at the door ready to go. :D I bet those ladies where wondering what you where up too. :D

Sandra, Hope you are able to sanitize the germs so your parents do not get the dreaded illness. x( We didn't have track or cross country in HS, so I didn't run. Just volleyball, basketball and softball for me. Round 4 is like, do I want to have another baby!!! I don't know at this point. Maybe I might, but not until after an STS rotation. :D

TG, You are loving those CC's. Have you increased your pace?

Jeanette, ^^^^5 on the stability ball abs. I think the reason ME abs seems so much harder is you have exhausted your shoulders from the workout. Then you need to keep your upper body up for the ab work. At least with KPC you are only at a pre-exhaust with the punches. Here is a pic of an old dress that I had in the past, and will be creating the new one to look like this. My DD in this pic is the one who is soon to be 11. She is 2 at this point.

http://www.robynsroost.com/brf00/cast/castb048.jpg

and this is a portrait that we used to creat the above dress. http://www.marileecody.com/gloriana/elizabethdarnley.jpg

The sleeves will be different, and the color will be a wine and blue with more of the blues. Hope this helps a little.

Wendy, Glad to hear that your Mom is ok. Love the quote from the show. :D

Nicole, Hope you are feel a little better today. Cami is back to her normal self. But still is wanting the rice/meat mixture. Oh well back to kibbles for her. :D I'm ready to visit anyone who has some warm weather. We are suppose to get into the 40's by Sunday. Might have to put on shorts and a T-shirt for that. Just kidding, but for us that is a heat wave. :D

Kim, Hope you are able to get a run in outdoors too. It has been cold, but fun to get out.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Just thought I share…………

4DS is being delivered today can you guys guess what I’ll be previewing this evening :) :) I'm having tomato soup:9

Hi all....A few things to report...I realized it is my circuit day, not just plain cardio...so I have decided on CW which will be happening later this afternoon. Next...as most of you know, I am a complete and total goofball...well, just proved that AGAIN this morning when I tripped up the stairs when bringing the dog back in and fell. I really knocked the sh** out of my left forearm on the door frame and have a rather large goose egg on the side of my arm. It has been pretty darn painful all morning. Please say some prayers for me that I gain some grace in my next life so that I won't be so banged up all the time...LOL!

And finally, the doctor's report...He apparently did a thyroid test the last time I was there, which was normal. So today he did a blood count test to check for anemia. But he believes that the diuretic I take for my kidney stones is keeping my blood pressure too low...today's read was 96/60....which can cause the fatigue I am feeling. So, he wants me to cut the diuretic in half and see if that helps. Of course, that could lead to a recurrence of my kidney stones...which are not covered under my current insurance (long story)...so there is that to look forward to! We'll see if the blood work shows anything else weird and go from there, I guess. I am going to make a gyno appt too, since I am a bit overdue for that joyous experience.

Okay...I have laundry going, and the oven is clean, and the dishes are done...I think I am headed to take a nap, since I am feeling pretty tired today. UGH. Back this afternoon for personals....Hopefully the good fairies will come and clean the rest of my house while I am napping...A girl can dream, right???

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Laurie: Oh my, both the dresses are lovely and so are you :) and your daughter :) Did I miss something, what’s the occasion? I’m so lost.

Debra: GET REST :)

Hi all,

We're having chili tonight, does that count as soup?

Debra - I hope the change in meds makes a difference. And if the cleaning fairy sprinkles some pixie dust at your house, I hope some blows my way.

Laurie - The costumes are beautiful. I guess you made them?

Sandra - Sorry you are not feeling well. I wouldn't wish what I had on anyone.

Traci - Is today your day off of technology?

TG - I missed it, what did you get that's new.

Tracy

I had to go back and see who has posted,

Jeanette - Ds is seeing great results in his physique. It's amazing what the program can do with a little added testosterone. I think to maintain cardio and endurance, and be competitive, you would have to do at least 4 days a week of various cardio styles. I don't think 3 is enough, jmo. How are the legs?

Lea - Once I upped my protein content, I was much less irritable. I'm sure I couldn't get everything I need from raw foods. Did you ever see the Wife Swap where the family ate raw meat? No offense, but it was hilarious.

Tracy

Hi everyone...I am skipping around singing 'Buttercup' right now...DD keeps yelling at me to be quiet! Just LOVE CW...It was just the fun factor I needed today...And even though the leg work isn't too strenuous, I have done lots of extra leg work this week with yoga and the drills from KM.

I got my laundry put away and the dusting done...so I guess I just have to vacuum and mop tomorrow. Let me just say that the good fairies were no where to be found today! My forearm is killing me from my morning klutzy-ness, too.

Oh!! I do have something good to report...I caught a glimpse of a rear delt in the mirror yesterday!! Where did that come from? I hope it is still there today.

Personals....

Tracy...
So glad DS is seeing some positive results from working out with you. It must be really nice to have a workout partner, too! Thanks for starting the thread today...I think I am having soup tonight...with a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, perhaps. No sneaking in those legs on your rest day, crazy woman!

Lea...
Hi there! Hope you had fun with Rodney today. Good you are keeping those boys active....they will get into trouble if you don't...LOL!

Sandra...
So nice your parents are here! I sure hope they don't catch your nasty illness or they will never come back...lol. So sorry that DD #1 has it now...how much longer until DH gets it?? They ladies weren't especially interesting yesterday...it looked like a typical job interview...but I did notice some gestures and actions that I probably wouldn't have without reading the chapter first. I have the same lower belly sag from having DD...and it's crooked from my c-section...Doesn't that sound attractive?? I am thinking I am going to do the pyramid workouts to transition into the Feb. rotation. Glad the booty was feeling good enough today to work it again!

Jeanette...
Hope you are having a great time out in the desert with DH and the girls right now!! What are the temps out there right now? We have a deli here that makes the best chicken tortilla soup!!! I bet you ARE seeing the leaning out from less cardio...but you definitely have a dilemma for training for your Ironman relay. I don't have a good solution for that one. Yes, my doodle has been a very bad dog lately....It's funny...She knows she is doing a bad thing, but does it anyway....Usually when I catch her...I don't even have to say anything...she just drops to the floor and cowers...She KNOWS she's been bad, but apparently she just can't help herself!

Okay...I must go and make my DD some dinner...soup and sammies coming up!! I'll be back in a bit to finish up with personals...

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hey all,

Still in a fog on day 4 of no workout. I am going crazy but can't do much else but sit.

DH will be home soon and I know he'll think if I'm well enough to be on the computer, I can clean up, so I'll keep this short:)

Tomorrow will be a new day, right? I so hope I can move around normally and get at least one workout in this week.

Take care girls and I'll see you tomorrow:D

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Okay...back to finish up!

Wendy...
So glad to hear that your mom is better...and glad to hear she is in the States instead of in Thailand! I can't imagine the hospitals there are the best in the world.

Teddygirl...
Glad you got your 4DS today!! Hope you didn't have a big milk mustache when they were delivered..lol. Laurie and her family participate in a Renaissance festival every summer and the dresses are for that.

Laurie...
What a cute picture of youngest DD and you in your finery! Thanks for sharing. Are you already getting started with the costumes for the summer?? I guess you have to start early since they are so intricate. It is TOUGH running in those temps!! I bet your lungs are just burning!! My dog, although a wonderful, loving, happy pet, is (to say the least) ill-mannered...LOL. I know I need to spend some time training her, but there never seems to be enough time in the day....I am trying to work with her a bit with not pulling so much on the leash....We used to take lots of walks, but that has not been happening as much lately.

Traci...
Waving to you! Hope you got lots of rest and down time today. I also hope you took advantage of the day off and got some spa time in!! See you in the morning.

Waving to Nicole (sending healing vibes), Kim, Christiane, Swifty and Carol. Hope you are all doing well!! I think that catches me up for today. I am off to study for a while before my guilty pleasure of 'Lost' comes on!!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi,
Had a nice time after work today. DH, the dogs and I went out to the desert, about a 20 minute drive from here. Dogs had a great time digging in the sand and smelling all of the smells of spring. As the sun went down, I started to get a little colder and pulled out a blanket from the Jeep, wrapping myself in it while sitting in a folding chair and sipping a Snapple tea. DH then made a fire, burning a pile of sagebrush limbs. It kept us nice and warm for over an hour and we stayed out much later than if we'd had no heat. Finally had to put out the fire, pack up and drive back home.

Wendy, how is your mother doing? How was the heated yoga? With or without Phil?

Latrese, what did you think of 4DS? Mmmmmm, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich would be just right.

Laurie, bet you had fun running today. Poor DD for not being able to keep up. I feel the same when I ride bikes out on the road with the Garage Boys. We have 2 tired pups right now. The German Shorthair will be super sore tonight and tomorrow from all the digging. My oh my, the dress is gorgeous!! You and your DD are so cute! Next thing that came to mind was that I bet it's hard to pull up your dress to go to the bathroom. A Thailand bathroom would be awful! Your DD's outfit is cute too. Both girls participate in the faires too, don't they? Such a nice family activity. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. We have a heat wave too, going to be in the 50's by the end of this week and next week. Golfing is in the near future I hope.

Debra, so sorry about the goose egg on your arm. I am sure you will be a ballerina in your next life. Just like I will be a tall, slender model. Will you see increased energy soon by cutting the diuretic? Hope that is the solution, but do NOT want you to risk kidney stones either. The good cleaning fairies are visiting Sandra first, me second and you are next. That dusting and mopping still hasn't been done around here. Tomorrow doesn't look good either, due to lack of interest. Woohoo on the delt sighting! Think our temps today were high 40's, low 50's. Very nice. Much too nice to be holed up indoors in an office. Funny about your guilty acting Doodle. People say they don't know. I disagree, they sure DO know when they've been bad. Our Shorthair sneaks thru the living room (we're usually in the family room) to get into the catfood. She is soooo sneaky.

Tracy, that's awesome that your DS is seeing such great results. I'm definitely feeling leaner with 3 days of cardio (2 days on the bike), but may just end up doing all cardio workouts on the bike. Or may add another type cardio in during the week too. I'll play with it. I haven't measured my legs, but I think they are slimming up. My calves are still sore from GS Legs 2 days ago. I will do GS Legs again tomorrow. Think I will repeat this rotation. What other leg workouts should I sub as I'd like to do some other ones for variety?

Nicole, hope that fog lifts and you are bright eyed tomorrow. Did you book a flight? Glad it worked out with the rate. That's an awesome fare! Your DH would not like the housekeeper that I am/not. Good thing my DH is easy to please. He's just as lazy as I am LOL!

Traci, is it Friday yet? Please come out and play with us!!! Hope your silicon-free day was good. Okay, we want you back now.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.