Xers: We're Fit As Fiddles this Friday!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Back after I check out blog:7 :* :7 :* :7

ETA: checked it out- COOL! http://www.innerbody.com/image/musbov.html

This is a really good site that can help understanding of the muscle heads....I use it to help create training plans to achieve certain looks for clients..... especially good for my on-line clients as all they do is verbalize what they want..... Its easy to research exercises for particular muscle heads @ bodybuilding.com etc...

Hope everyones day was exactly what you wanted!!! V-Day here was so nice.& low key (which we LUV!)... DH brought home a card, steaks, sushi, wine & salad & asparagus & green beans!*whew* Not one dinner roll in sight! GOOD MAN! :D ~~ He LOVED his memory books so it was a huge success! We watched a movie w/ Denzel & Kilmer.... DeJaVu.... LOVED IT! Very "out there" in terms of technology but no doubt will actually be acurate in another 50 years.....

Not so good news..... Put myself back on the IL list for a few days/weeks..My arm/Shoulder/bicep/elbow (WHATEVER the heck it is)has really been giving me lots of problems past 2 months & yesterday when I lifted BB overhead right arm went numb after shooting pain...Spent most of the day with ice pack .... Sore & tender this morning so I'm not pushing it. ~ I know the cold spells we are getting every 3-5 days makes it ache all night...Been waking up moaning & groaning & DH massages it in middle of night.... Just dont know what to do but rest it completely for a couple of weeks...I'm not keen on trying to find a competant Sports Dr as my insurance lacks BIG TIME in coverage in that area & the last visit cost me a fortune out of pocket...... UGH but OH WELL!!!! Will stay positive & look towrads healing. "Everything that doesn't go right, goes wrong for all the right reasons." Eoin Finn via Debra ;-)

Back in another post with personals:*

Hope everyone had a lovely evening! Dh came home with flowers, candle, chocolate covered pretzels and a card for the kids to give to me. He didn't bring anything home for them since we bought their presents awhile ago. They thought they weren't getting anything and never said a thing. I love them! Then I set out their presents and chocolate hearts on the dining room table before dinner while they were in the living room. They were so surprised. It was sweet!

Phil made shrimp scampi, spaghetti and meatballs for the girls, cesar salad, and cheesy garlic bread for dinner. I wore the yellow suede heels and pencil skirt for dinner. Those heels are not very comfortable! Maybe, they need break-in time? We were all too tired to play with the espresso machine last night. I'm going to try and play around with it today. I'd like to have a mocha latte waiting for Phil when he gets home from work.

Is everyone feeling better today? My nose was running clear and steady for most of the day. My throat is feeling a little better. Still a little stuffy. It looks like it's at the tail end of its life.

I never got my workout in yesterday. Art lessons messed my schedule all up!!! I almost forgot about it until dd reminded me 15 minutes before we had to leave.

Today feels like a cardio day.... KPC. TTOM is right around the corner.

Traci: Love today's thread title. I don't think I'm fit as Sandra though. She's a double XXer!!!:)

Opening up another window for personals.

Wendy

Hi all,

I'm feeling rather chipper today, so I will start back with my leg and cardio. Yeah! Plus or course some yoga. A week is enough rest! I'm not sure when I'll start the upper again, but maybe on Monday. I'll just have to fit in CS somewhere to finish up the recovery week.

We're not much for celebrating here, so it was a quite night last night. I hope everyone had whatever evening they were dreaming of:)

I was reading my syllabus in class last night and realized that my final is no other than April 3, so I won't be coming until early the 4th. The kids are teasing me saying they are going to drive me down. They still aren't convinced that I'm interacting with real people:)

Traci - So sorry to hear about the arm/elbow/shoulder again. Maybe when you return to working it you should consider total upper only every 5 days. That way it gives the weaker parts time to rest. The one part a day is just putting constant strain on an injury even if it is not the part worked, it may be a synergist. I know that the research doesn't suggest total upper every 5 days, but you can get good results, and some workout is better than none. You just have to vary how you do the workout.

I have to go. At least we have Monday off. Hopefully the sleep this weekend will get me completely back on track.

Tracy

Catching up on yesterday only....I shall return with today after my AM client*hugs*

CHRISTIANE (x)::
ROF – When I read GROSSES BISES my brain said Gross Bites! I couldn’t figure out why you were being mean! ROF ~~ So happy you & DH will be together today! It seems like you really value the time together & make effort to actually make it all happen w/ his travel schedule. How many years have you lived this way? (w/ his traveling?) ~~ On your body wt/BF… The only way I ever got it under control (peri-meno) is the following regimen (when I stray BodyFat goes immediately back up):::
*Clean Diet 95% (ZERO processed foods) x(
*Heavy Strength Training Legs 2x per week & upper super heavy w/ incremental increases every week (legs because it has an “interval” cardio factor for me I think)
*1 – 60 minute cardio (kick)
*1-2 20 minute HIIT training
If I didn’t get bored w/ the formula (& LUV food) I’d have found MY personal success rotation.

TRACY-X:::
Would you clarify… The Frontal/Backside I referred to is actually opposite of what you said “I have read where people don't work the backside”… Thanks for clarification you know I trust your thoughts. ~~ The calendar IS so good for accountability…I think w/ busy lives most people (me included) easily forget how many days go between workouts…So glad to hear that you are on the mend…I laugh @ the thought of meeting rooms filled with “hackers”..Interesting about your legs! Does that mean you CONSTANTLY hold that kind of water in the muscles??? I’d NEVER work out if I found that true for my body!

DEBRA-X::::
^5 on the EXTENSIVE w/o!!! You go girl!!! Hope last night was a perfect evening for your memories of your new life!

NICOLE-X :::
OY!!!! Don't send that cold front here!!! We are warm again!!! We are suppose to have a rainy weekend but it will just get humid..I can live w/ that.

LEA-X::
ROF- NO Wendell DIDN’T clean my house- I DID! ROFL…. I cant get him to remember to do the 1 DEAL BREAKER when we married…YOU clean YOUR BOY toilet! We said “I Do” on that one & it’s a VERY rare occurrence! ~ Hope last night was “romantical”- Hows the back??? HAPPY TTOM!!!!!!! WhooHooo!!!!!

TEDDYGIRL:::
DRATS – I missed you for 4 days! ENJOY!!!! If you get a chance pop in!

WENDY-X:::
That’s OK you didn’t get your plan tended to….just double up today! Heheheheheeh – Thanks for sharing thoughts back & forth w/ me yesterday… *MWAH*!!!! LUV the fact you are becoming a techno-geek! Type away honey!!

Cathe Cat-XX:::
Sandra wrote: “Personally, I'd work the entire legs 2x a week, the front of the upper body 1x/week, and back of the upper body 2x/wk. If you want to emphasize the back of the legs, challenge yourself harder with all the backside exercises than with the front. But it seems weird to do a leg routine that only works the calves, hams, glutes”
That was actually my plan! GREAT MINDS!!!! I think on the lower “issue” its really do-able if you freestyle (& makes sense) but with using DVDs – it all kinda get worked anyway doesn’t it?.... I shall persevere w/ the plan albeit “modified” based on my right arm usage. … Hows life my friend? Hows that cake? Tinkerbell? TOO CUTE!!!! I laughed- TB was always like an annoying fly to me growing up! She was too similar to THE FLY movie (the black & white original version) – See, kids shouldn’t watch creepy movies! LOL … WOW on your B&G/Steroids was amazing!!!! ^5!

LAURIE-XX(x):::
Well?????? We’re all dying to hear about the chocolate luv-fest last night!!! ~ My BFF is 5’9!!!! Her sister is 6’ & BOTH parents are 5’5! Go figure!!! I am HAPPY to have another “normal” sized woman to be with at the retreat!!! I was already feeling like an Amazon Woman myself!!! All these itty bitty things just aren’t right are they? ROF!!! NICE leg marathon the other night!!! XXX is around the corner!

Netta Van Petta-X :::
Hope you are having a FABULOUS pamper day!!!!!!!!!! Gosh I’m happy for you! You don't seem like you do a lot of that…I don't either…hard for me to justify the $$ on a regular basis but that’s OK as I don't have but a handful of things that I don't just do if I really want to…. Like my Lambergini…Its on holdx( ; ROF on the Dustbuster * waking DH up!!!!!! What a great belly laugh I too got by connecting the visual dots!!!!!!! I thought about mentioning it to DH last nite but decided HE wouldn’t find it nearly as amusing! .

Where oh where have the little ones gone……
KIM:::
CAROL:::
SwiftyXX
Check in when you get a sec guys!!!!

Well Good Morning Early Birds!!!

WENDY-X:::
Well Happy Cardio Day!!!!!!!! How come I NEVER wake up w/ that feeling??? :+ …. What a sweet story about your family V-day! Made me say Ahhhhhhhh. Glad your bugs are leaving as well!!! Take it just a “bit” easy with all those Pop Pop Duck’s!:+

TRACY-X:::
YEAH it’s a CHIPPER day!!!!! Gotta LUV those! Its amazing how great you can feel as soon as the germs leave your body isn’t it??? :+ You actually seem to have a very strong immune system…so many suffer for 2-3 weeks! All that healthy living no doubt! :+ on the retreat & kids!!! Wendell was SHOCKED when I booked the flight- it came down to a choice- Home to CA to see my nephew or Xers…. He said WOW! (in a very pleased way)…. I ALWAYS do “the right thing” vs. what I WANT so this is HUGE!!! I figure I’m 45 years old (well in March I will be) its high time to do "Once In A Lifetime" things vs. always being responsible! We PROMISE to hold off on Breakfast @ Tiffanys movie & Moon River CD until you arrive}( …. I bet you’re relieved!}( ~~ THANK YOU so much for the words on upper “plan”- I do believe you are being the voice of logic & reason…. I shall REALLY plan my comeback in this manner.

Hi Ho -- Off to work I go....:7

Oooo! Yes! I read the blog update on my Blackberry before bed. (That this is addicting! I check out traffic conditions, road conditions, weather conditions, email, etc... What did I ever do last week? LOL) Anyhow, the animation and Cathe's descriptions during rest periods are so innovative!!! Just goes to show why Cathe is a leader in the industry. I wish she was more widely known. Perhaps, the new Altus line will give her more visibility. This newest feature almost makes me want to preorder today. Resisting that for at least a month.

Christiane: How do you pronounce your name? Is it /Chris-ti-an/ all short vowels? You'll have to forgive my ignorance... I learned to read and speak English mainly through Sesame Street and Electric Factory on PBS!:+ I know! I can't believe I scoffed at jewelry. I even took a peek at some jewelry stores to see if anything caught my eye. I just couldn't see spending more money on me right now. Also, I got a delicate looking gold ruby/emerald/sapphire necklace, a cute gold bracelet with a dangling heart charm and a pair of killer ruby/diamond earrings while in Thailand. Mrs. T AKA my mom made me get something. I left all my jewelry at home. My mother couldn't bear the sight of me naked! LOL Can't walk around without "face". They love to wear it. And, most Thais love their gold so pure it's barely practical! I'll have to leave the nutrition up to Tracy, Lea, Sandra, and Traci. Or, you could just eat the opposite of what I eat.:7 I was eyeing those iron woody bands this summer. Then out of the blue, after doing yoga for a couple of months, I was able to do pull-ups and chin-ups. It's an amazing feeling when you can lift your body weight. Almost felt like I was an angel. Ha-Ha! Recently though, I was thinking of getting them for when I do get exhausted to push out any more reps. Thank you for the espresso and frothing info!!! If this machine doesn't hold up to dh's expectations, we'll take it back and look for another one. I'll check out the Nespresso machines! You are such a good mother! Can you adopt me? I promise not to tell the Crazy Asian. }( When she comes over, she cleans my science experiment of a refrigerator, rearranges my furniture! and weeds my flower beds. Oh, if she gets angry with me during her stay, she hacks down my Rosa Sharon trees and tells me they just needed trimming.:eek: She's CRAZY I tell you!:7 Enjoy your evening with DH! It's tough being away from the man you love even for an entire day!!! Too bad Swifty doesn't post often... She lives near Pittsburgh. My father grew up in McKeesport (right outside Pittsburgh). I loved visiting the city as a child!!!

Tracy: Wow! I didn't realize your DH was working out too! You're such a positive influence!!! Dh made a comment about starting the X again. We'll see. Did DS ask if the nachos were healthy?:+ ;) Is there a way to counteract the tightening associated with heavy lifting? Would daily yoga help? Or is it just something that's either/or? This is what's holding me back from doing another X round. Hmmm, I had to tighten up my lower body and core when using the bands. Then again, stupid me was sitting on a slippery bamboo mat with my feet on the smooth tile floors.

Debra: Fish and veggies sound much healthier than oil and cheese!:7 I'm sure you and CBL got plenty of sugar last night.}( Do you always clean the bathrooms right before CBL comes over for dinner? Kinky!;)

Nicole: Better you than me!:p :7 ;) It was cold yesterday. But, the sun was out and the roads were dry! Thanks for the encouragement! I hope this espresso machine works to Phil's liking. He's such a sweet man and deserves a decent cup of caffeine!!! Did the kiddos watch a little Power Rangers while you were peacefully doing yoga?

Lea: Is it clean up day in your house? Please explain why picking up isn't part of cleaning?:7 ;) Now, As much as I got a kick out of raising my boys, Power Rangers and all, it is fun having a little Hello Kitty in one's life.;-) I should go up into the attic and ship you all the Power Rangers costumes I sewed for the boys when they were younger. Hopefully, the squirrels didn't make their nests in that box! UGH!!!

Teddygirl: I was telling Phil about your dude comment last night. He was cracking up and suggested take out. I told him that's what you were thinking of doing. So, what did you end up eating? Thank you so much for offering to pick me up an espresso machine. You are too sweet!!!!!! :* If I hadn't of already bought one, I'd take you up on your offer. I think we'll try this one first. Thanks for thinking of me!!! I didn't take any pictures of me. For one, I didn't do my hair or make-up. Just put on the clothes and heels. Phil's easily pleased! LOLOLOL Have you decided if you'll take a breather from SH and ease up with some GS? Give those guns a break!!!!:)

Sandra-XX: There was something I wanted to tell you last night and I forgot! My mind is in serious need of ginkgo biloba!!!!:7 It'll come back to me... around midnight. sigh. We want pics of Tinkerbell! Did your parents notice Thais love anything cute; especially Disney. They were Disney clothes as fashion!!! I bought some items from the Disney Store as gifts for a few people for my return trip back. I couldn't bear giving adults character clothes though. Something hard wired in my fashionista sense wouldn't let me do it. The closest I got was a trench raincoat with Tinkerbell flirting around in the lining. I figured it was good enough for government work! }(

Laurie: I might be one of the few who enjoy listening to Tony's monologue at the beginning of each workout. It helped sike me up for the pain! I'll have to look in the book and see if the back to back leg workout is mentioned there. I need to email you, Nicole and Jeanette my flight info. Maybe, y'all can book your flights to coincide with Traci's and mine.

Jeanette: You're probably power grinding your heels while I type in preparation for your pampering day. ;) Glad you didn't get hurt doing the impromptu splits. Yowza! Oh, yeah. The blog. It's not really coming along. I keep forgetting about writing. Too busy writing here. I'm not sure what's up with Carol. I'll have to shoot her an email soon!!!

Okay, I've gotta push play ASAP! Hi to ALL!!!!! Traci, I'll email you later.

Talk more later!
Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!!
Wendy

Tracy: That is hilarious! Have the kids drive you down... they can meet my MIL who thinks exactly like they do!:7

Traci: OMW! I thought the rest of your initial post was a cut and paste copy of blog news. I totally missed your Valentines evening and not good news!!!! Good news first... Of course Wendell appreciated the Memory Book! Now, who's the one amazed by his sweet, thoughtful self!!!! No dinner rolls... you ARE the Queen of his heart!!!:) Oh! That is a great couple movie! I watched it on the bus to Bangkok for the first time. It was in Thai. Thank goodness it had the English subtitles. LOLOLOL I'll have to rent the as produced version. Darn it! You best be well enough to make it to the retreat!!!!!!!!!! Enough about how your injury affects me. I'm so selfish! Really, hon! You take care of yourself! Let that GOOD MAN take care of you! Sending you ~~~~~Healing~~~~~ vibes!!!!

Wendy

ETA: Traci: Look up. My personals post is above yours for some weird reason. I think it's cuz I clicked on reply to my first post instead of replying to your first post.

WENDY
No worries on not catching the little details in all my epic posts;-) I told Wendell he got extra points for the no bread as its his favorite food group! ~ Glad to hear you liked the movie- I never even heard of it when it was at box-office! I LUV Denzel & I LUVED the scences where his shirt is off & the gal is wiping off his chest blood...I had a HOT FLASH!}( I told DH that who would of thunk that it was a GREAT V-Day movie????
{{{ETA: Traci: Look up. My personals post is above yours for some weird reason. I think it's cuz I clicked on reply to my first post instead of replying to your first post.}}} EXACTLY:*
ROF on your new hobby of looking things up! Just think what you could find out w/ GOOGLE!:D Your Crazy-A stories just make me spit coffee!:*

Good morning, chipper friends!

It looks like there's lots of fun chatter happening these days. Is everyone getting excited about the meet up?

Debra...how many confirmed attendees do you have?

Wendy...The Parents found it very difficult to find clothing to buy for souvenirs that didn't have any kind of brand/character emblazoned on it. Mom finally found some nice t-shirts, with elephants on them.

Traci...Your shoulder is officially fired!! Get a new one! I've had it with this one!

Tracy...So, you had a good evening? Have a great day.

My lower body is stiff and tired, so I guess good things were done yesterday. I was supposed to give Amy B's Advanced Step Challenge a try today, but wasn't able to preview more than the first combo. So, I'll rebook that one for another day. Today I think I'll just stick with the Cardio Combo from the 4DS (LIS & HIS cardio).

The Tinkerbell cake turned out very well. I'll upload pics for sure.

Have a great day! BBL,
Sandra

KPC Intermediate Conditioning Drills + Combos 1&2 Premix (42 minutes) DONE!!!!:) :) :) It was the perfect push for where I'm at currently. 15 minute bath soak DONE!!! Topped off with a smear of lavender massage body oil to ward off the electric heater induced dry skin. Coffee maker FOUND!!!! I've only used that thing ONCE a couple of years ago when I tried to detox myself from DDCoffee. It still had the filter and used grounds inside! All together now....EWWWWWW! The aroma of heated vinegar is now wafting throughout the downstairs. YUK YUK YUK! Not a rise and shine sorta smell.

Sandra: I'm surprised your parents didn't also mention the gaudy, flashy, metallic clothing too. After awhile, their fashion sense starts looking normal. I had to keep asking myself, "Could I seriously wear this shirt in the states?"}( However, I did buy some toned down racer backed tank topped styled sweaters with a touch of silver metallic threads. OH! I did buy a Valentines shirt with Thai writing. I'm still not certain what it says!!! The first one I bought was for my son. I ended up giving it away to my sister's gay when I found out it said, "I may not have breasts, but I have a lot of friends" Ummmm Okay. The other shirt I bought in pink, found in the woman's section, said, "I love this woman" LOL I gave that one to my niece. LOLOLOL Love your rebooking thoughts. I'll try that one out next time I'm not feeling the love for a selected workout.

Okay, vinegar aroma is now getting to me. BBS

Wendy

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 3/Week 10/Day 7
Workout: X Stretch

DH LOVED the Cordial Cherries. :D He brought home dinner last night. I told him not to include me, because by the time he would get home I was going to be getting my hair done. I did have some pampering done to my dry hands while at the salon, stylist had me submerge my hands in paraffin wax(after loading my hands with lotion). My hands felt wonderful after that. Came home and DH and I watched the Twin 150's on the Speed Channel. :7 Yes I know, nice and romatic of him isn't it. :D I had a wonderful, laid back evening.

Need to get to the grocery store tonight, plus pick up some items for the youngest for church. She has a project that she needed to get done by Saturday. Can you see that we are cutting things close here. :7 :7 It wouldn't be our normal lives if it didn't happen this way. :7

Traci, So sorry to hear that you are back on the IL. I agree with Sandra, that shoulder needs to be fired right now. I took a look at the blog, and at first I thought we where going to go through the "Body's In Motion" exibit. That exibit is currently here in Milwaukee, so we have been seeing clips of it on the news. Looks like these new workouts are going to be well worth the $ that I am spending. That dinner sounds absolutely wonderful. I have not seen that movie either, but both it has both Denzel & Val in it. Then I will have to get that movie. :D LOL about the "normal" size woman. You realize we are not "normal". ;-)

Wendy, Like I said yesterday, that Phil is a keeper. ;-) Hope that espresso machine is able to make that mocha latte for him too. :D Valentines Day at your house sounded like a great time. I'm trying really hard to get something close to the same time frame for the flights. Most of the flights are looking at either 1-2 hours later or earlier.

Tracy, Glad you are feeling better today. LOL about you not interacting with real people. :D Guess they can't imagine that there are people out there that like to exercise. So we must be insane. :D Have them drive you down, and then discover all the out of wack hormones that will be let loose. How come everyong has all this time off of work. Oh I just looked at my calendar. President's Day is on Monday. :D

Sandra, Can't wait to see the cake, how did it go over for the party? Sounds like a good leg workout for you yesterday. Are your legs feeling it?

Nicole, I'm hoping that you will have that weekend to yourself too. Sending your DS some major healing vibes. :D Can you feel them? I saw on the news this morning that there was snow in your area. So now it looks as if everyone has experienced the stuff except Traci. We are quite possibly getting another foot on Sunday. :7 :7 All I can do is laugh at this point. :7 :7

Debra, Hope you had a wonderful evening too.

Lea, Oh I enjoyed the tasting of the dessert. It was a nice treat to come home to after my hair/eyebows/hands where all taken care of. DH was nice enough to warm up my feet while we watched the races. I'm ready for some warmth. You didn't get snow yesterday did you?

Christiane, Glad you and DH will be seeing each other today. I can't even imagine all the traveling he does, and you too. :) Hope DD was very appreciative of all the cleaning you have done. My DD's cleaned out my fridge last weekend, and I kissed them all over their faces for that. :D I have been very faithful to the back workouts, but have been only using my bands. I asked DH to set up my bar, and he said he would get that done tomorrow. We will see, something always interupts the plans. :D

Of course Jeanette and TG are having fun with their day off.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi all...in for a quick chat...I have to leave to get DD from school soon....so I will be back later for personals. CBL and I had a great time last night....Fish and veggies turned out good. He was very sweet and romantic...although we really didn't do much except watch 'Lost'....but that was perfect for me. He brought DD some candy and a stuffed bear too....What a sweetie! I have to take my pooch to the vet this afternoon...she has had tummy issues for a few days, and she doesn't seem to be getting any better. I have no idea what she might have gotten into this time since there is nothing obvious missing. Ugh....what a PITA she is!! The image of the empty brownie pan from a couple of weeks ago still looms in my head.

I should be doing yoga today...and I will probably get to it later this afternoon...I have had a monster headache today...although I am feeling better now after my massage this morning.

Well, I better run for now....Hope everyone is having a great day...bbl for personals.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

KenpoX Plus

I do love this workout! I think it's the perfect amount of work. I have really noticed changes in this last phase using the Plus series. Maybe the days of long workouts are a thing of the past for me. If I can see these results with less work, I'm all for it:)

There is still a little snow on the ground here but it should all be gone by tomorrow because it is going to be 70. We Californians know how to do snow:D

I'm off to refuel with some egg whites and veggies. I'll be back!!

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368_1199393270649.gif
[/url]

Hi all...back for a few personals...

Nicole...
Yes, it is always nice to work smart instead of work hard!!! I like those kind of workouts! How are DS's feeling today? I hope you will get that much needed break this weekend.

Traci...
I am sooooooo sorry to hear about your shoulder (or whatever)! I hope you are able to find someone who can help you....it will be a couple of years before I will be able to be your personal PT. I liked 'Deja Vu' too....how bad can it be with Denzel and Val, hunh?? Sounds like your hubby was treating you right last night with all the yummy (and mostly healthy) food. And yes, last night was pretty darn close to perfect for me. It is so nice to hang out with someone who is so into me. And he laughs at all of my goofiness.....I tripped up the stairs last night...twice...and actually fell down. Keep in mind, only one glass of wine at the time...I am such a goofball, but he just thinks it's cute...LOL! At least I didn't catch the house on fire with the candles.

Sandra...CatheCat...
How are things in your corner of the world??? I hope things are going well with the dissertation. I am sure that DD is feeling better by now. Let's see....I have 6 confirmed plus myself....and then perhaps Christiane, too. Most everyone is coming in on Thursday and leaving Sunday...although I have a couple on either end of those days too. Can't wait to see pics of the Tinkerbell cake...I wish you were going to be her for the Diva's bday next month...We are having a pirate/mermaid party at a local kid craft place...Everyone will get to dress up (boys and girls alike) and then they are stuffing an animal which they can then dress up, too. Wish I had you here to make a cute cake!

Laurie...
Glad the cordials were a hit! Not that I had any doubt. Glad you had such an enjoyable evening. I thought about you when our snow melted in about 2 hours yesterday...and it was over 60 degrees here today. I bet you will be glad to be here in April....I hope we have good weather that weekend. I guess you will be busy shuttling kids this weekend.

Wendy...
LOL about the heels not being comfortable...I am sure Phil wouldn't mind if you wore just those in bed...then you wouldn't have to worry about any excessive heel rubbing...LOL! Nice your kids were excited about their gifts. Glad you are feeling better...I never got my workout in today...I just couldn't get motivated...even for yoga. Ugh. And, no, I don't always clean the toilets before CBL comes over...but I have gotten out of the habit of cleaning them since XDH has been gone...and I never lift the seat...and now that I have a regular male visitor, I have to remind myself to do it every so often...LOL! Thank goodness the neighbors have stopped pestering us about the church thing....It is easier since the holidays are over...I bet they hit us up again around Easter....luckily we will be at my BFF's that weekend so they won't be able to find us!

Jeanette...
Hope you are enjoying yourself today!

Tracy...
Sorry your final is that day...UGH! Oh, well, at least you can get an early start on the 4th. Your boys are funny...you'll be able to show them pics of yourself with us after that weekend...LOL.

Waving to Teddygirl, Kim, Carol, Lea, Christiane(and sending extra hugs for DD), and Swifty!!!

Well...I think that does it for me now. I was thinking that DD might have an away sleepover tonight and I could sneak out for a little cuddle with CBL, but it looks like that isn't going to happen....Oh, well....the girls will just stay in and have movie night...'The Princess Bride' and 'The Last Mimzy' are on HBO. The diva and I are going to a Japanese steakhouse with CBL tomorrow night, so that should be fun. Hope everyone is on their way to a fun and relaxing weekend! I promise to workout tomorrow...I never really got rid of my headache today...I think my mom has given her sinus-goo that she has had for a few days. Or maybe it is just from the germ infested urchins....the dirty little creatures...LOL!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

I have a minute while the pizza dough proofs before I go do my yoga. Today I did a fast walk and I'll do some yoga in a bit.

Traci - Your comment was that people naturally work more of the front side? I have read where people just choose to work the frontside and ignore the rearside because they don't look in the mirror. In any case, I think one of the most difficult parts of working out is actually acheiveing a balanced look; front, back, top, bottom, whatever! On the water, I think the muscles just hold more water when they are worked. I don't necessarily feel bloated, like PMS bloat.

Wendy - Yes DH is working out. I think he was shamed on vacation several times when DS and I just took off and left him and the other two behind in the dust. He was not happy to be shown up by the wife, but it wasn't a competition. He just couldn't climb as fast. We did some pretty serious elevation changes, and so far the goal for this year is the 14000 peak. Needless to say, I think he is trying to avoid that scenerio this year.

Debra - The dreaded headache. I hope you don't get what I had. It is the headache and the postnasal drip and then the strangling cough that sounds like you are going to hack up a lung. It's epidemic around here.

Laurie - Glad the chocolates turned out good.

Nicole - I' glad you are seeing some good results. I think I might do a + month or so when I finish with this.

Sandra - I hope you coaxed the stiffness away. I was really getting stiff consistently before I got sick. I think I needed the week off.

Have a great evening,

Tracy

Sorry I've been MIA the last few days. Would you believe I'm sick again ;( I've been keeping up with the X though and today started week 7. After work and working out, I'm so tired from this head cold that I've been going to bed early. Also doing lots of volunteer work in the evenings.

One exciting thing to mention, I booked airlines tickets for my family to accompany me on a trip to Whitehorse, Yukon in June. I'm going for meetings/conference and decided it would be great for the kids to see the northern part of Canada. So we're all excited about that.

Hopefully, I'll get caught up on personals over the weekend.

Good evening,
Had a very, very nice day today. After work yesterday, I got my cut and color, came home and noticed DH had the BBQ going. He had done the dishes, cleaned up the kitchen and had the table set for 4 people. A minute or two later a car pulls in. It's my folk, with Grandma too. Guess he'd invited them to a BBQ rib dinner. I helped him get the rest of the dinner on, poured wine, etc. and stayed and visited them before leaving at approx. 8 p.m. to head to Reno. Had a nice time with DS's GF. She's been making necklaces out of beads using natural stones and shells mostly. They are beautiful and she had me pick one out that I liked. I brought my laptop, but couldn't figure out how to get online with her connection. Any of you ladies know how to? I plugged in the line to my laptop (she is not wireless), but I think there's something else I probably need to do to get an internet connection.

Woke up and made a cup of instant coffee and we headed out to do a couple things before hitting the bead shop and then the spa. Had a lovely, lovely massage where the gal really worked on that pinch I have under my scapula. She had me hold my left arm bent and behind my back so she could get in there good. After the massage was the facial by another technician, and it was heaven. I love having my hands, feet and face massaged. 1/2 way thru the facial, I could feel the scapular area twitching and pretty soon the pinching stopped. Fabulous!!! It still feels great (crossing my fingers and feet). After we got out of the spa, we went to the Pita Pit and had a nice lunch and cookie. Couldn't have been a better day!

Found out one of my sisters will be coming on Sunday and will stay overnight here so I must get the bed changed and help with planning a meal for all of us. Think I will do the dessert and a side thing to compliment her entree. Should be great. We will either do the meal here or at Mom and Dad's, kind of depends on how Grandma is feeling.

Okay, enough about me, on to personals:

Traci, Wendell's meal sounded perfect! LOL re: not a dinner roll in sight! Wonder if he thought something was missing. Knew he'd enjoy the Memory Book. How absolutely thoughtful of you to create it for him. If he's anything like my DH, they never forget there departed loves. We'll have to rent DeJavue sometime. I won't go back to Netflix until I get a new DVD player. This one still works for my exercise DVD's but was terrible for anything from Netflix for some reason. I'm just cheap and holding off on buying a new one. So sorry about your shoulder still being bad. Sounds like it just needs a rest and I know how hard that is to do. My elbow is finally about back to normal except for slight twinges, but it took a long time. I really don't think it will ever be totally healed, but it's so much better...hope that golf won't cause it to get bad again. I am sooo ready to get out there, but we still have snow on our local course. DH got me a nice card and a small azalea plant, though he swore it was a rose plant. Silly him. I told him not to get anything, that the massage and facial could be from him. I would have been happy to see him using that dustbuster, actually, I'll take a picture. Re: pampering, one of DS's GF's appointments this morning was for a Botox visit. Surprised me just a little, but hey, more power to her. I got to watch them give the injections to her. She's about 32 and is beautiful. Think her picture is in my Picture Trail if I remember right. I was looking at the brochures in the office on a body lift. Oh, a girl can dream, can't she? The Joan Rivers commercial always cracks me up where she tells the guy, "this face has seen more knives than a Benihana". Re: wiping off Denzel's chest blood, I got that hot flash when reliving the scene where the gal cuts John Travolta's hair in Phenomenon. Now that was a sexy scene without the sex.

Why did I just hit Post? Duh.

Wendy, what an awesome dinner for you too. That Phil, now he's man and father of the year material too! How is the espresso machine? I really want to check out that link and have a hankering to buy one too. Glad you are feeling better. Last night I thought the sore throat was really coming on, but woke up okay this morning. Must be allergies. I have been exposed to so many people that are sick lately, hoping I don't get sick while I'm out of town next week. I'd just as soon get sick before I have to leave. Yep, I had to do some major grinding on my heels and callouses, seriously! I need to take care of those on a regular basis. What tools do I need for that, a pumice stone? Belt sander? Hand planer? I went to bed with bag balm on my feet with socks on too. They were fairly soft for the massage, so I wasn't toooooo embarrassed. The impromptu splits made the adrenalin shoot thru me, as I was holding 10# weights in my hands too. I will definitely be more careful. Came close to getting hurt. If you don't get the blog written, maybe you can share some pictures during the retreat?

Tracy, glad you are feeling better. You are so strong and are kicking that cold to the curb. Sure nice to have Monday off. All my years working at the sawmill we never had any of those February holidays off. One good thing about working for the state. Nice that your DH is working out. When is your trip? These guys hate to see us women outdo them. I bet I could easily outdo my DH on any Cathe workout. Heck, he was about screaming like a schoolgirl while doing Ab Ripper X.

Sandra, sorry that you are not going to the retreat. Guess we will have to come up to you next. I'll have to check to see if you uploaded pictures of the Tinkerbell cake.

Laurie, so glad you got some pampering too. The beauty shop was about empty last night. Guess everyone was out doing Valentine's Day. That hand wax thing sounds soothing. I should have that done on my feet. The cordial cherries sounded so good. You've reminded me that my fridge needs a purging before Sunday. Another foot of snow??? Do you ski? The snow gets old, doesn't it? It was nice and warm over in Reno today, not shorts weather mind you, but just a light jacket. Hope your DH gets that bar up. If I want something done, I threaten to call in a professional. That usually does the trick.

Debra, a nice evening for you too!! That CBL is wonderful and so considerate to your DD too. Hope Polly is feeling better now. Sure hope that headache is gone now. I got an email from some friends of mine that live 12 miles from Greensboro. They were my neighbors here for a long time and then moved about 5 years ago. They do all of their shopping in Greensboro. I got their phone # and will try to hook up with them for a lunch or something while I'm there. Isn't that the craziest that they live so close to your area??? Another great thing to look forward to. I've seen Princess Bride before and really enjoyed it. It has Billy Crystal in it, doesn't it?

Nicole, you sound good today. What are you planning on for your 2 days to yourself? Hope it's something good, you definitely deserve some "me" time.

Kim, so glad to hear from you, but darn that cold. You've just had more than your share. How is your son's ear doing? Hope he is recovering. Please take care of yourself.

Well, it's a lower body day tomorrow. Think it's Pyramid Lower Body tomorrow. Know it'll be a good one!!! See how I'm embracing these leg workouts?

Hi to Christiane, Lea and Latrese,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.