X'ers ....Wednesday Jan 10

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I already did arx and tried to hold a 6lb med ball when I could. If I don't do it early, it is really hard for me to get in (boredom!). Today is B&B, I'm looking forward to pumping up my forearms and biceps. That workout does work.

Looks like many of us are feeling a little burn out from the long rotation. I really struggled last week and I've never stuck to a rotation for this long. I've kept up and felt guilty when I missed the one plyox, but I'm really trying to keep all of this in perspective. It is about results, but its also being able to maintain a healthy balance between all aspects of life. I don't think I'll ever be a Beach body model, lol, but I might learn some things about my personal fitness that will keep me healthy and satisfied with my results.

Sandra - I have one more suggestion about the thesis. Set some realistic goals and try to stick to them and get it done, even if it means giving up a few things for the short interim until you finish because you are SO close. (But keep in the activities that help you keep your sanity.) You can invite everyone to your graduation and have a real celebration when you are done! (Dr. Sandra...) It's better than letting it drag on. That's why so many people don't finish because this last stretch may be the hardest part.

Wishing great workouts to all. I haven't had time for many personals, I've had to actually work at work and when I get home things are hectic.

Tracy

Morning all,

Classic/phase 2/(Week 6) /Day 4

Well Tracy it looks like it's us up early again! Today I subbed KPC for YogaX. I really can't do the Yoga, so rather than do nothing, I get some extra cardio in and get my Cathe fix! I hear you on the ARX! I have been subbing that one too! Did the Abs from KPC today so I don't feel too guilty. This is the longest I have stayed on a rotation in recent years as well. A long time ago I did 6 months of BFL and was in the best shape of my life.. I also ate well too. That is my downfall. I love food too much and when it is DH's favorite form of recreation, it makes it hard.

Everone have an "X=Cellent Day

Deb B

Yeah! One more thing I forgot... I am down 2 lb from before the holidays when I had the courage to get on the scale, and I stuffed myself during the week of Christmas.. now I wonder how much I would have lost if I had not eaten all that junk! Oh well can't worry about that now.. have to keep going forward!

;-)

Deb B

Morning Deb & Tracy! I am so happy to pass the "start the thread" torch! You guys are great in the AM too!

I too am REALLY REALLY tired of rotation and have made many tweeks this week..... I am having to really really really focus on the finish line. 17 days and I'm done (plus 7 recovery) ! JUST 17 days....Why is it so danged hard to stay motivated when the results are EXACTLY what I want? I feel like a big L sometimes!

Today is YOGA and I got 2 new DVDs in yesterday so I'll do 1 of those. 1: Fat Burning Pilates & Yoga w/ Ellen Barrett & 2: Super SlimDown Pilates/Yoga Blend w/ Ellen Barrett. We'll see what I think of these...One cover she has really short hair & 1 cover super long hair but cant tell which is newest.

Received and previewed P90Master Series yesterday. Different set different look... Tony's still TONY and in case you are interested DREYA is in some!!!! lololol Everyone looks really cut - the guys just look less bulky hulky.... They all also look really short so I think its all about lighting & camera angles! All the moves are what we do in P90X just not so darn many reps - fewer breaks - moves quicker. I see where all the crazy moves we are doing now are just more intense because we never did them at all in MS first....Actually makes me realize how AWESOME we all are for executing so many of these moves the first phase... THANK YOU CATHE! I can see that I will probably sneak some of these in to help me get thru the last 17 days.... I REALLY want to stick as close to P90X as possible so I guess MS is a good option if I just cant bring myself to do the exact plan. I guess I need some of Sandras perfectionism & she needs a bit of my "go with the flow"... lololol. I think we are all a really good balance for each other here.

More personals later- got to go back & read yesterday but a HUGE ^^^^^^^^^^5 to you Deb for that wt loss! I think the loss is BECAUSE of extra eating! So many of us under feed our bodies and I know the more I eat (relatively clean of course) the better I lose! WAY TO GO!:7

LEAN/Phase 2/Week 6/Day 1

Hey everybody! I haven’t posted in a couple of days, since I have not had time during my morning or afternoon to get to the computer other than to work. I am reading everyone’s posts, so I can keep up to date on your progress. I’ll probably read everyone’s posts in the evening and post the following morning, so if my posts don’t make any sense, you’ll know I’m a bit behind. Monday was KenpoX, but I substituted Cathe’s KPC. It was a much needed change. Monica, I’m right with you getting tired of P90X already. That’s why I really need this check in to keep me motivated. I probably would be seriously modifying it and skipping workouts if I weren’t reading the posts from you ladies each day. Yesterday was a rest day, so I took it easy and enjoyed the break. Hopefully, I’m ready to go into Week 2 of Phase 2 raring to go after some Cathe and a rest day. Today is Core Syn.

Tracy - Great job on PlyoX. I really love that workout, and I’ve seen a couple of posts where people said it was an easy workout! WTH? Those rock star hops kill me, but fortunately there are only 15 seconds on each side. It always takes me a little while to warm up to the workout, but once I’m into it, there’s no way I’m quitting!

Deb - How do you like Back and Biceps? It’s not in my rotation yet, but I’m looking forward to trying it! Biceps are my favorite to workout, although I only like to work them out for looks! LOL!

X - I really stink at the assisted pull-ups, but I suppose I do better at those than the unassisted ones! (Ha!)
Have you done Ch-Sh-Tris yet? On that workout, I was really impressed at the improvement I have made with push-ups, which I hate. I mostly modified, but I could do quite a few on my toes, which I attribute to a strengthening of my core.

Gayle - How was swimming yesterday? I mentioned earlier that I love swimming, and I think it’s a much different exercise that we’re used to. The breathing, legs, and arms all have to work together, so I think you really do have to build up an endurance to that like anything else. When I do Cathe for a long time without running regularly, I notice that my endurance for running isn’t as high.

DB - LOL! I’m not a morning exerciser at ALL! I think I’ll have to get up early Thursday to do CardioX since I can’t do it that evening due to my DS basketball game. I’ve gotten so used to working out in the pm that it is so hard to motivate myself even on occasion to get out of bed and work out! Hopefully I can think that it’s only 43 minutes and be able to crawl out of bed and get it over with! I didn’t think CardioX got my heart rate up at all, but I’m sticking with it and trusting that Tony knows more than me about fitness, (LOL!) Also, I’m glad to see someone else uses one arm more than the other on those sphinx push-ups. That’s exactly what I do!

Laurie - How did PlyoX go yesterday? On Ch-Sh-Tris, I had to modify like the girl, too. There’s no way I’m trying one arm push-ups on my toes. I would collapse right on my face! However, I really liked this workout and can’t wait to go to it again next week. Hopefully, I’ll be able to increase my weights in some things, too. I’m in Phase 2 and haven’t been able to increase weight or do more pull-ups, but my form is better and I can do more push-ups.

Jeanette - I haven’t heard the “don’t smoke a cigarette” comment. I would think it would be very difficult to be a smoker and be able to complete PlyoX! Have you tried the one arm push-up yet?

Debra - Have you always really been into yoga, or did you just get into it since P90X? What do you really like about it? I have never done it until P90X, and I really like it. Is the Brian Kest work out shorter? Do you do some of the same moves? I don’t like the pull-ups section in Legs and Back, either. It just seems like there are so many of them! I do like the work out the legs get, though.

Traci - I see you took the plunge and got the Master’s Series! Are you getting all worked up for life after P90X? Does it look like it’s easier or about the same as P90X? Also, congratulations on the weight loss and the ab improvement. It’s interesting that P90X does change your mind about setting goals for yourself and your body and working to achieve them. You're in the home stretch now! I'm jealous! (LOL)

Sandra - Sorry to hear you didn’t feel well, but glad to know it wasn’t too serious. That’s actually happened to me before, too, but I assumed it was just a digestive problem. Sometimes I wonder if our bodies are a little more resilient to viruses if we’re in good health. I don’t seem to get colds as often or as badly as my DH or my children. (Knock on wood!) Then the blister added onto that couldn’t have helped much! I hope it doesn’t interfere with the quality of your workouts! I do want to say that I admire you for pursuing you Dr. That is another goal of mine, as well. Right now, I’m working on my Master’s Degree while working full time and going to all my kids’ events, so I know how hard it is to balance everything. Like Tracy, I’ve basically given up my social life and all the organizations and clubs I once belonged to. The house is a wreck all the time, but with the support of my DH, it seems to be working. I also struggle with this strict P90X regime. I do get completely stressed if I think I will have to miss a workout. It’s weird, because when I first started, I missed a workout, and was like, “Oh, well. So what?” Now I’m (gasp) planning on getting up early so I won’t miss the workout that’s scheduled. Life is really busy, and all I can do is to do the best I can to get the workouts in. I have not followed the eating plan, but at least I know that I am a fit person, who cares about my body, and I’m doing what I can which is a lot more than a lot of people do for themselves. Don’t quit!

Monica - Like a lot of other members, I had to have my Cathe fix. I did KPC Monday instead of KenpoX.
I do get bored very easily, too, and I’m always buying new videos (much to the chagrin of my DH) to keep me working out. I don’t like the music either (is there music? LOL) but I do really like Tony, his personality, and his goofy sayings, so hopefully that’ll get me through the next weeks. I’m not even half done yet, so I’m going to need a lot of support!

Buffy - You don’t know how glad I am to hear there are many other women out there who lose sleep due to the snoring of their DH. I sleep most nights on our couch, and I get so frustrated. All of our kids occupy extra rooms, so maybe when one of them gets grown, we’ll be able to get separate rooms. Mine will have to be in the basement or at the other end of the house, though. (LOL!)

Lea - I live in constant fear of getting sick! I always think of how long it will take to build up my strength and endurance after being sick. Are you doing Yoga today? That one always stretches me out and relaxes me quite a bit. (If I can get past the Vinyasas, I home free!)

Happy Thursday to everyone! We'll get through this together!

Stephanie

Stephanie: Great to see you this morning and hear that all is well! Your post was much needed for me this fine day as I needed to read the "Dont quits" & "needing Support" "Cathe Fix" etc.... just feels good to know we are not alone in this journey. I keep trying to focus on what I have learned about my body, what it can be pushed to, what results it can & IS getting & all the things about HOW to strength train, log and on and on. Thats the only thing keeping me going right now.
Hope your life settles a bit from the frenzy.... I definitely feel more "respect" for myself when I get the workout done even tho I didnt feel like doing it...makes me feel like Rocky! Keep the faith... You're halfway there!

Morning X'ers,

Classic/Ph2/Week2/Day3

Today will be Back and Biceps plux ABX.

Stephanie, I had a great time with PlyoX. Like you said getting started is difficult, but once you start you don't want to stop and I think that is why I like this workout so much.

Ladies the one thing I have learned from doing P90X is that I was not bringing it with my Cathe's as much as I could have. I never wore a heart rate monitor when doing my previous workouts. Now I know that I really need to do that to improve. I'm still enjoying the rotation myself. Like Traci said I didn't know what my body could to until trying this rotation. Now maybe I can bring it even more with my other workouts.

Have a great day!

Laurie

This morning I did Chest Shoulders and Triceps. My shoulders are killing me already. I find this one tough and I have to modify alot on the pushups. One arm and clap pushups? Yeah, right; not a chance. But I do my best.

Last nite I did PlyoX. My rotation is a bit off so I did Plyox after having done legs and back the day before. Not a good idea, my legs were pretty fried, but I pulled it out.

ARX tonite and no extra cardio. Giving these tired legs a break.

Enjoy your workouts.

Buffy

Morning gals. I couldn't get myself to do yoga this morning. I am getting chills galore and my body just hurts. I have to save up what energy I have to finish cleaning the house. If I feel better later today, then I will do yoga. If not it will have to be a rest day and I will do yoga on Sunday.

I know that a lot of us are burnt out, but I am glad that you are sticking with it. I hope that everyone has a great day.

Lea

Morning ladies!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 2/Day 3

Today was P90X Back & Biceps! I had a great workout and increased just about everything in weight and reps. This is the 2nd time for this workout for me. Usually I am pretty conservative the first time and then can improve after that as I then know it's not going to kill me. Hehe, I'm the same way on my bike on new rides with climbs that I don't know how steep they are. So mental for me. My lat pulldowns were better today and I concentrated on engaging my core when it got tough at the end. Someday I may even try a real pullup (don't own a bar yet), but guess I'm just chicken and don't want to be disappointed. Doesn't keep me from trying to progress on the lat pulldowns. Oh yeah, nice comment from DH today on my arms and upper body. He says he is really noticing a difference since doing P90X. Made me feel really good, as I'm still puffy from TTOM. That water weight will be gone here in a day or two. I'll be working DH out on the Bowflex and weights tonite. I think he's going to do KenpoX with me on Saturday morning and I'm excited about that. I will caution him to just go easy for sure. Oh yeah, still have AbX to do tonite. May try to hold a little weight for some of the exercises.

Tracy, hope you get a good pump with B&B this morning. I sure did and really felt the fullness in my forearms. My left arm is weaker than my right so it gives you before the right one does. What should I do for that? Continue on with the right arm?

Deb B, I have YogaX tomorrow but in all reality, will probably sub with something else. I love Bryan Kest's yoga and get a decent workout out of it so that's probably what I will do. I kind of miss Cathe, but I'm okay not doing her right now. Oh yeah, way to go on being down 2#!!!! High 5 to you!!!

Traci, I know you're tired of the rotation, but please, please try to stay with it as much as possible. You are so close to the end and I know you can do it. I'm not as far into it as you, but no burnout here yet. I am seeing some good things that I never got with the other workouts so I need to stick with this. I am soooo competitive with myself that I am motivated to increase my weights and reps. Not sure if I can ever do that in Cathe's format and stay with her (speed of lifting). I have never felt as worked out with any of the other workouts as I have with these. I have never felt a "pump" before as a matter of fact.

Stephanie, I'll be trying the one armed pushup on Monday. We'll see how it goes (or not). KPC is fun, but long for me. I never was one for long cardio, though I can ride long distances on a bike. Much different for me. I'm looking forward to KenpoX with DH on Saturday. Hope he doesn't weeny out on me.

Laurie, I know exactly what you mean about not "bringing it" with Cathe workouts previously. I think P90X non-choreographed weight work is the key, writing the weights down and not performing the workout like a dance routine is key for me to improve. I need to focus more on myself than on the outfits the girls are wearing, their tempo, etc.

Buffy, I modify CST a lot too. I love the clap pushups, but of course do them on my knees. Who knows, maybe I'll eek out one on my toes someday.

I'm seeing this thing (P90X) thru to the end, dang it. It's working for me and that's why I bought it, I wasn't happy with working out hours a day, barely eating anything and not seeing any muscle change. I know I sabotage myself with my eating sometime. I lose a pound or two and then feel, "okay, now I can have a treat". Well, that's no way for me to improve for the long run. I'm loving the energy and strength improvements and the resting inbetween.

Gotta go jump in the shower. Hi to everyone that comes afterwards. I can't always post, but I do love reading how everyone is doing.

Jeanette

PHASE 2 / WEEK 5 / DAY 3 / CLASSIC-DOUBLES??

Well I have finally done all of the P90x workouts! Today was Back and Biceps and ARX. I liked this workout a lot, these are my favorite muscles to work. I think I may have caused some blisters on my hands though. I really hope to get some definition in my biceps -- I would like to have definition even when I am not flexing! We'll see.

TRACY -- Glad to see I am not the only one who starts to feel burnt out. I am sure that feeling will come and go. I have to admit, there were also times before P90X that I grew tired of Cathe and would do my Taebo workouts. Don't feel guilty if you miss one PlyoX -- as you said, keep it in perspective if you are getting the results that you want.

DEB B -- Glad you got your Cathe fix! I love KPC too -- I have loaned that one out to my mom and I'm not sure if she will be willing to give it back to me. She loves it! She had dones Taebo for years and it was a nice change to go to Cathe. I also have her doing Low Max. That is funny about food as recreation -- same thing with my husband, food and beer! Congratulations on the two pounds lost!

TRACI -- You are so close Traci -- keep focused as much as possible. You will be glad you did. Let us know how you like P90Master Series. I know that this sounds mean but I get tired of Dreya, I feel like she comes off as overly confident on the videos. I was relieved this week going into Phase 3 that she was not in the Chest, Tri & Shoulders nor Back and Biceps. I liked the girls in these two much better!

STEPHANIE -- I hope you enjoyed your rest day. Core Synergistics is a hard one -- enjoy!

BUFFY -- Wow -- good job on Plyo X after Legs & Back the day prior. I did Plyo X last night and it was soooo hard, but I loved it!!

LEA -- I have that you are not coming down with something. Take good care of yourself. Your comments yesterday about burnout really did help me feel better - you have a very positive attitude!

JEANETTE -- Today was my 1st time with Back & Biceps, but like you - I hope to increase my weights next week now that I am familiar with the workout. I am also seeing P90X through to the end! It is also working for me -- let's stick with it together!

Monica

Jeanette and Monica - Thanks

Monica - Thanks for telling me I have a positive attitude, as I really don't feel like I have one at this moment.

Lea

CL/PH2/WK2/Day3

Good Wednesday morning!

Is anyone else in the path of this weather system? It's huge, and I think some of the northern states are getting a dose. Being in the city we're sheltered from much of the blowing, but it's still nasty out there. I can't believe they haven't closed the schools. I'm not sure what it takes for kids here to get a "snow day." We used to get them all the time when I was a kid, in rural Ontario. It's the kind of day where you want to turn on the fireplace, and spend the day dozing on the couch with a warm blanket, good book, lighthearted movie, hot chocolate, buttery popcorn, and only get up to bake fudge brownies. I've never had a day like that in my life, but I would love one!!

Tracy - ARX with a med ball? You must have some core!! Can you see good definition? Thanks for the advice about the goal-setting. I've set them many, many times in the past, but when I don't achieve them I become discouraged. I think part of the problem has been my unwillingness to sacrifice other things for the sake of meeting the goal. This time around I'm forcing myself to let things go. It's hard, as you can tell from my posting yesterday. But I'll keep plugging away, and hopefully soon things will feel more comfortable. 90 days is a very long time to stick with rotating 10 workouts (no premixes even!). I was concerned about that at the start, as I get bored with workouts really quickly. So, I'm taking Traci's approach and counting down each workout. So, I only have to do Ch-Sh-Tri 3 more times! That doesn't seem so bad. PlyoX only 5 more times. I can do that!

Deb B - Do you see any improvement in the KPC core work, after having been doing ARX? Wonderful news on being down 2 lbs!! That's 2 pounds less that you have to work on pushing up a zillion different ways in the chest workouts!

Traci - no need to feel like a big L because you're getting bored with doing the same 10 workouts over and over again. Especially when you have a full Cathe collection that you could be doing! I'm also dying to try some of my Cathe workouts to see if I've improved in anything yet. And heck, Cathe's just plain fun. P90X is challenging, and completing a workout makes me feel proud of myself, but it's not nearly as fun as Cathe's workouts and premixes. We all definitely balance each other out. Good thing we have this forum!

Stephanie - I was wondering about you yesterday! Did you do Legs & Glutes the other day, or Legs & Back? Your message today was so encouraging for me. Thank you!! I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with all of this stuff. I'm always blown away by anyone who works full-time while pursuing academic work - and still manages to workout!! When do you find time to do your assignments, research, writing? I can't imagine. I'm beyond impressed that Tracy did it with a full AND part-time job. You guys are amazing. About the DH snoring issue: My DH works in the building industry, and one of his clients built a mammoth house. There were 17 doors off the master bedroom! One of those doors opened into a "Snoring Room" LMAO!

Laurie - How will a hr monitor help you with Cathe's workouts? Do you think you adapted to the intensity of her workouts, so weren't getting to your training zone any longer? I'm asking because I'm not using a hr monitor. I'm going by perceived exertion, but am questioning whether I need a monitor to really get myself where I need to be. Just another toy to buy myself :)

Buffy - yup, those are some tough push ups, but at least if you attempt them, along with doing all the other kinds of push ups in that workout, you're still getting a great workout. You're in the home stretch, aren't you? I can't remember.

Lea - I'm sorry you aren't feeling well at all! Are you feverish?

Jeanette - nice to hear you improved on BB today! When one of my arms gives out before the other, I stop both sides. I don't want the "strong" side to get bigger than the "weaker" side. My goal becomes to get the weak side as strong as the other, then move up from there on both sides. Also, don't always start your exercises on the same side. I know Tony always starts with the right arm. The next time you do Back and Biceps, start every exercise with the left arm. Then the time after that, start with the right again. I loved reading about your resolve to get through these 90 days. I have no doubt you will!!!

Monica - if you don't already use them, weight lifting gloves are great for preventing hand blisters. I also find them very useful for my grip doing pull/chin ups. Nice to hear you enjoyed Back & Biceps so much. Keep bringing it! You're doing great!

General question to all: When you do the rock star hops in PlyoX, are you supposed to kind of do an oblique crunch at the top? Some of the people look like they're trying to do that, while I don't think Tony does. I just caught that yesterday, and am wondering about proper form?

Today is Back & Biceps and ARX for me. Like many of the crew here today, I don't feel like doing it (see top of message for preferential way to spend the day), but I shall give it a go anyway.

Have a good day,
Sandra

Hi everybody. Later than normal post for me again today. Just had busy mornings this week.

Classic/Phase 1/Week 2/Day 3

This morning was Arms & Shoulders, and Core Max 2 (sub'd for ARX). Then swam laps, 3/4 mile.
OH
MY
WORD!!!!!!!!!

LOL. Second time thru for this workout, so I was really able to zone in on that perfect weight for me. I used 20s on the bicep work and other moves and REALLY felt it. My arms were shaking by the time I pumped out 28 of those lying tricep push up thingies (very last exercise). lol. I wonder, though, because I was watching Dreya and I was using weights heavier than hers and she was still doing the 12-15 rep count as me. HMMMMM.

Sandra-(I think it was you from yesterday) thanks for the swimming input. The breathing part is the hardest part for me. I just can't seem, just yet, to get that down. A bit better today, but still frustrating. I am not giving up though. CONQUER IT I WILL! LOL

Sounds like you're all a busy group. I'm curious who works, what you do, family, etc. I'm always curious who my peers are! LOL

BBL

Gayle

Quick CheckIn for Mid Morning to make my confession of the day...

I really havent felt like I "brought it" at all this week...just kinda going thru the motions... So I put in the Master Series Sculpt 5/6 (Theres 2 full body w/os in the series + 1 core Cardio + 1 Plyo Legs + 1 Intervals) I digress....
So I did Sculpt 5/6 (42 min) and was plaesed as punch! Its all moves that we all know & love from P90X strength, Yoga, Plyo. He calls them different names (funny) but its our stuff just not in the "lets do it all over again" format. Its the Arms & Shoulders format we all know & love. Ch-Ba-SH-Bi-Tri-Lower and new moves for 4 rounds. I am so happy I did this today (I'll still do my Yoga later) I used pause alot to create my spreadsheet log (I have if anybody wants...Excel Format) and make sure I was increasing my weights from the P90X rotation - which I did with no problem! HOORAY I feel like I can get back to the X series for my last couple of weeks. I guess I needed a mental break but sticking to the Tony Format was critical for me to continue on. I'm betting that the other Masters Full Body are all the rest of routines in X .... You even get the Yoga pushups & Core Syn stuff in these. LOVE IT! Muscle Confusion right??? Still P90x???
Thats my story!
Anyway... If anyone who got Masters wants the Spreadsheets I've made just PM me and I'll email.
Gotta go get Yoga Done and then I'm DONE for today and going outside to read all day..... Its the last 2 days before that nasty Canadian cold front hits us hard this weekend! Back later w/ personals.:7

Hi Xers!

Classic Hybrid/Ph1/Wk2/Day2

Subbed HCE #3 for PlyoX. Had a blast! Like last week, feel warm DOMs in upper back and chest from yesterday's w/o.

Traci, I'm surprised you're getting bored. You are the great motivator of P90X!

Well, my opinion may not be popular, but it's understandable that by now some of you far along in the program may be experiencing the predictability factor of the rotation. Why not throw in one of your favorite Cathe workouts as a sub for Kenpo, Plyo or Yoga! Hey, working out should be fun!

My hats off to the ladies doing ARX with a medicine ball! Holy cow! I'm just trying to get my feet off the ground with some of those exercises.

X

So what are some of you thinking of doing for a post X rotation?

Traci, we posted at the same time. I ordered P90MS and it has shipped today. I've read a lot about it on the BB forums under P90 "Master Series". I have heard a lot of good things about the w/o's. With the slightly different format you will be continuing to confuse your muscles. So good for you for mixing it up! There's nothing wrong with that.

I look forward to subbing "Cardio Intervals" for Plyo, trying "Ab Ripper 200" and "Cardio Sweat". Let us know your reviews of the workouts. I know I am interested!

Nice workout!

X

Hi to everyone...I'm posting a bit late today...I took a much deserved trip to the mall and got some lovely spring things for myself...I know, wishful thinking, but I am going to Charleston, SC in a couple of weeks to see my bestest friend and I wanted some new things to wear. I was supposed to do Kenpo today...but like everyone else I am feeling a bit burned out right now...I may do some Cathe stretch later and call it a rest day and then do kenpo tomorrow....

X..I'm with you and the medicine ball..No Way!! I am planning on keeping a similar rotation after P90X using mainly Cathe videos. I have learned a lot about what my body can handle...mainly that I don't need as much cardio as I thought..and I need more yoga!

Traci..Glad you felt good after switching up a bit...but keeping on program so to speak...Sometimes you just need a bit of a change to keep things rolling and to keep yourself from becoming too stagnant.

Gayle..Congrats on your fitness gains....I think it's great you are swimming too!

Sandra...Hope B&B go well for you today...I almost blew out a forearm the I did it!!! I think your day in front of the fireplace sounds lovely!!! Now, if you can only find a day with nothing else to do so that you can enjoy it!

Jeanette...Congrats on your improved upper body definition...Nice of your DH to notice...Eventually you'll be able to do a real pull up...That's what I keep telling myself anyway!!

Stephanie...When I first started working out about 5 years ago I began with pilates and yoga...But I really got away from it when I began doing Cathe full time...I always felt that if I wasn't breaking a sweat or breathing hard or using weights it didn't really count as a workout. That is one of the things I have learned in this journey we call P90X...Those types of workouts are important too!!! The Bryan Kest workouts I have are a little less than an hour each and there are 3 on the DVD..each progressively harder. I want to push myself with poses, but I don't want to feel like I am in a competition. Hope you had fun with Croe Syn..I really like that one..and one I could see myself using during a non P90X rotation.

Tracy...I know you felt the pum in the forearms today...And God bless you AND your abs for adding a medicine ball to ARX!!!!

Hi to Monica, Buffy, Lea (hope you feel better), Laurie, and Deb B!!! Hope you guys have a great day!
Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi all,

I've successfully used 2 hours to motivate myself to go do B&B. Thank goodness I did arx this morning or that would be out the window! I was glad to read everyone's comments; it's motivated. I'm going to go now and give it my all, I guess. I can do anything for an hour right?

While I was driving to work today ( I probably should have been thinking about what I had to do at work...) I decided that I'm subbing Brian Kest yoga from probably here on out. Tone one day and sweat on the stretch x day. I don't think I can bear yoga x again for awhile.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.