X'ers Tuesday January 16

taprice

Cathlete
Hi X'ers,

Just getting us started today. Hope everyone had a great long weekend. Plyox for me tonight after I get home from work. Looking foward to everyone's stories and comments.

Tracy

Morning Tracy & all to follow!
Its PH 3 / Week 3:eek: /Day 2 & 3 (I'm behind- may try to do 2 today to get back on track!
PLYO X on caledar... Will probably do 1 round and pop in Imax 1 for a bit.... If I feel like getting caught up to schedule I'll also throw in Shoulders & Arms... we'll have to see tho.
Kept waking up all night every time I went to turn over as DOMS in chest are ferrocious right now!
Back with personals in a bit!!!:7

Personals:

LEA:
OMG...please dont try & catch up! LOL we'd never see you again! For me - nothing earth shattering or overly exciting in past posts... CONGRATS on making it thru all those final C&B pushups! I am so proud of us arent you?

BUFFY:
There you are! I thought I missed your surgery.... GOOD LUCK with it dear and please keep posting if you can so we know how you're doing! GREAT JOB doing all the weeks you did w/ P90X! You really did incredible with all that extra cardio.... So now that you are winding your rotation up what are your thoghts overall?

GAYLE:
R U still here for check-in? Whatever you decide I'm with ya!

DEBRA:
Take care of those butt-ocks lady! Sorry about tummy issues too... so much can interfere w/ a good nights rest. Hope mamm goes well and that you get your time to workout... no worries on personals for you either! Just jump back in.

JEANETTE:
Hope day off was incredible for you! I really liked what spin class did for my legs but found it still just didnt hit enough of the BA-ZILLION muscles I have to hit to do the job. Guess crosstraining will forever be in my world... I second the Slim Series Lower Body workouts! VERY EFFECTIVE for my thunder thighs.. ONE ARM Pushups??? On your TOES??? just shoot me now! NO WAY - I need to move past my fear of my arm/wrist snapping in 2..... I havent even tried because of that visual.... GREAT JOB!

MONICA:
OMG you poor thing! YOU are one of those people I saw horror stories about on the news... I am so sorry you had to go thru all of that. With our threat of ice storms last night I was all upset and asked DH what the he** would we do with the 3 dogs if we lost power??? I was so concerned. It DOES put all of life in perspective - I think thats why we are given challenges so great - we need that reminder sometimes. GREAT plan on repeating the week... Its a lifestyle not a race. My good & WARM thoughts will be coming your way.

TRACY:
271 TOE pushups...^^^^^^^^^^5 wild woman! Shoot- you didnt NEED to see great gains in that area did ya? You are VERY VERY strong! Way to go!! lol "Am I sad about Chest & Back being over" NO!!!!!! lololol I am sad that my bodys perfect rotation type is over & now I have to figure it out on my own... more afraid than sad... I have my Tony fix w/ Master Series all ready to go post P90X so thats cool too. Glad I bought the package. I agree about the time flying too! 12 weeks is so dang long on the calendar but in day to day living its a snap of a finger to me. Ever since I turned 40 I feel like my life is flying by at three times the speed.

X:
I second Tracy on stretching/Yoga. It is helping me attain so much more strength as well as helping with definition and flexibility. I'm a believer now! LOL about Frog Stretch.... I feel like an idiot in that position and always hope theres no emergemcy cuz it takes me a bit to come out of the darn thing! lol

SANDRA:
Regarding Butt & Cycling.... Within 2 weeks of spin class DH said my butt was so high ... for him to notice anything like that is unreal.... Yep I loved it... 1 more week till recovery... How ya feeling today since you had your Cathe/ Cardio fix??? All better? Add in whatever you need to keep hormones at bay! Thats when I ALWAYS add in cardio lollololol
Taxes in January? YEP- Our property taxes were so high this year (bay & houston) that I was concerned I'd have to take a parttime job to pay IRS..... we seem to have gotten by with a refund this year but I was indeed concerned. One of the reasons I quit working was because my income which was pretty darn good + DH's income threw us into such a high tax bracket it just didnt make sense. Kinda like the childcare cost delimma so many have... Go to work but cant afford the childcare so you are working to be in the hole... REALLY wish our ridiculous tax system would change. LOL on Texas Tarts...... lolololololol ***shaking head while having a good laugh!***
Sandra said>>>It's physically impossible to "spot reduce", and I seem to manage to live quite a full life without needing to lie down on my side and lift my leg 50 times with extra weight on it (maybe if I was a male dog with a large territory I would appreciate this stamina...). <<<<< OMG You simply must start writing a book of lifes lessons... satire ya know?! Cracking up!!!!!!! Forget the academics you belong in comedy! Go grab a cathe and come up w/ some more for today!!!!

Hope I got all of yesterdays caught up.... Reading a full day is like going to a wonderful movie for me... All the elements of life are present.... Conflict, Drama, Intrigue, Comedy, Truth, Confessions, Love, Saddness.... Happy Endings!
Great Day to all!!

Good Morning Gals,

D/ph3/week 2/day 3

Didn't check in yesterday - work was just too hectic. I did read a little bit of the posts. I realized after reading Tracy's post (I think Tracy with a "y" and not Traci with an "i" - I apologize if I have it mixed up :) ) that I started off my second week of Phase 3 wrong. I started off with Chest and Back again and I think I was supposed to do Chest, Tris, and ?? (forget). I'm sad about that because I really like Chest and Back and now I've done it for the last time. Did make a lot of improvements though. I can definitely tell I'm able to do more pullups, and I'm definitely no longer intimidated by having to do more than 20 regular pushups in one workout. Still hate those diamond pushups though. "Heart to your hands" - is he kidding?!?! If any of you excel at those, my hat goes off to you. I think they're darn hard! Tonight is Shoulders and Arms, some cardio, and ARX. ARX has gotten A LOT easier. I'm so psyched about that! The first time I did it I couldn't move my torso for a week. I can't wait to try Cathe's ab work after this. Stuff I thought was supremely hard will hopefully be way easier. I'm definitely going to invest in Core Max. Before Tony, I thought 20 minutes of ab work would be insane. Now it just seems like the next much needed challenge.

Question - I haven't yet invested in a recovery drink because I'm wary that its just going to be extra calories and it won't satisfy. Is everyone out there using one? If so, the beachbody one or something else? The big question, is it worth the purchase?

Thanks for your input and hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'll be reading! :)

Morning X'rs,

Classic/Ph2/week7/day1

Well of course you have a plan when you get home and hope to achieve it. Well I was interupted so much yesterday that I didn't get my workout in. So I'm starting off week 7 again. Chest, Shoulders & Triceps plus ABX. Hopefully no girl scouts show up at my door tonight. Can't believe they are selling cookies already.

I did KenpoX on Sunday and still couldn't believe the DOMS in my shoulders and arms. One would think that doing it every week would get your body used to it, but I'm still feeling it even though I am not using weighted gloves.

Tracy, way to go on the push-ups. I am looking forward to see how I have improved in that area also. I know I am much stronger than when I started this rotation.

X, I have not been a very flexible person, but doing the yoga/stretching in this I now can put my face on my leg. Something I have NEVER been able to do before. Tony is right when he says it is well worth the effort.

Have to get busy with work,

Laurie

Morning all you Xers!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 3/Day 2

Today was PlyoX and I still find this one fun, maybe not the fun it was at first but after a while I get into it. I still laugh when Tony says "don't smoke a cigarette" while doing the squat frog lateral thingies. I love his personality, still! This is a great workout, and really also works your core. I concentrated on light landings today. Last night I did AbX and helped DH work Chest and Abs. Had a good day yesterday, getting some bills paid, balancing the checkbook, little bit of grocery shopping. It's still cold outside so no walk with the dogs and DH.

Tracy, hope work is good for you today and that you enjoy PlyoX. Hope it makes you feel as good as it does me. This one makes me feel athletic. I can't believe the difference since I first did it.

Traci, DOMS in the chest? You must have really brought it good on C&B! I rarely have it there, in fact I have DOMS in my upper hips, lower back area still. Think from cycling too hard on Sunday when it was cold. I had a slight breeze against me and was really pushing hard. It's like it's on the tops of my hips. Could also be the 8# DB I used in Abx on Friday. I didn't use it last night though as I'd like this soreness to go away. You're going to add in S&A also? You are a wild woman for sure! I agree with you that a spin class is only good for so many muscles. Cycling is not weight bearing and I need more resistance than that. It is great for cardio though, plus it is fun (not so much spinning class for me, but actual outside cycling). Those one armed pushups were far from even probably resembling a real one, but I think Tony said even if you couldn't go down very far, it was good. Does an inch count? I know there are certain visuals that freak me out, I won't even go there now.

Deb, I haven't been using a recovery drink as I usually just eat breakfast right after working out, adding protein powder to milk and banana or to my oatmeal. Think that adding protein in is a good thing. Yep, AbX is pretty doable for me now. I do need to get out my Coremax workouts and really bring it with them.

Laurie, KenpoX did a job on me this week too. More soreness than usual.

Will BBL,

Jeanette

A few more Personals;

DB:
Congrats in improvements in pull ups! Thats really a huge strength factor ! Hearts to hands is out of my range - even on toes I can only "touch" a couple. Your progress w/ ARX is really cool! I love feeling stronger in the core... between that intense work and my Sandra Planks.. the ones w/ the cash in booty.... I am seeing great gains. Regarding recovery drink... Yes I use them. Use to just use my Whey Protein podwer & water then got BB Recovery drink. Hard to say for sure about helping with recovery but I really like the repleshing factor after a workout. I think that almost everyone here uses something different... the whole thing is so subjective I think. You never really know what the difference is unless you stay with current rotation then start/stop . WHO KNOWS! After my BB supply is done I think I'm just going to chocolate Soy Milk (lite) I hear it works just as well.

LAURIE:
No frets on missed workouts... seems like all of us are having "life" happens kind of things. You'll be back on track in no time at all! OH NOOOOO on girl scout cookies! I think all of my neighborhood GS's have moved THANK GOODNESS!

JEANETTE:
Awesome you cranked out PlyoX already! I'll be feeling good if I get it done by noon! The frigid temps make me move real slow... body & mind. Adding weights to ARX is beyond me! I did B&G abs yesterday and used my 6# but lordy that made cathe's "mason twists" very hard! You're almost to a recovery week! AWESOME way you are being true to the program...I tip my hat~

Great day to all who are still "bringing it" today!

Good morning ladies...Had a few minutes before my mammogram this morning so I thought I would catch up! I will be doing Back and Bis today which I like....hopefully my forearms will make it through! My cold is better today (thank you zicam!) and my butt-ocks are doing better as well!!! So no excuses not to get to my workout today!

Traci...Sorry (or glad, depending on how you look at it) about your DOMS! Hope you have fun with Plyo today...and Imax if you get to it. I really enjoyed doing Imax 2 the other day...I am missing Cathe! I'm jealous that you are doing Sh-Arms..it is my favorite of all of Tony's workouts.

Jeanette...Glad you enjoyed PlyoX today...Sounds like your DH is doing well with his program too!

Laurie...I missed my workout yesterday too!! It's frustrating, but sometimes you just can't fit everything in. Good luck saying no to the GS cookies...those little minxes are out early this year!

DB...I haven't been using the recovery drink either for the same reasons. Have fun with Sh-Arms tonight...I am looking forward to doing that one again in the next phase..it's one of my favorites! Great job conquering ARX! I really try to like that one, but I just can't. I can pretty much do all the exercises, but I just don't enjoy it the way I do Core Max.

Hi to all who follow...Have a great day everyone!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

CL/PH2/WK3/Day2: PlyoX

Good morning! I have a full day planned. May or may not be back later.

I decided this morning that PlyoX didn't seem so bad, so I popped it in. I got a great Cathe fix yesterday, and now feel better about plugging forward with Tony. I guess that's all it takes sometimes, huh? Instead of throwing out the baby with the bathwater, just add a few bubbles! (How's that, Traci? :) ). It was a great workout. I did really enjoy it. Then I drank a cup of orange juice, put DD down for her nap, and did XStretch. Aaaahhhhhhhhh. A very thorough workout today. Too bad it had to take 2 hours of my morning. Oh well. It was worth it.

Time to shower and then will be heading out for the afternoon. I might "see" you all later. Keep X-ing it!

Sandra

Classic/phase 3/week 3/day 2

Hi y'all. Did plyo today. I wasn't feeling it. Guess I have to have something better than popcorn for dinner the night before. LOL. But it is done with and hopefully next week I can really bring it. In-laws are gone and DH is home so unfortunately no time for personals until tomorrow and I promise I won't go back all those days. That WOULD take forever.
We took my youngest DS for a bike ride this am. It is cold for what we are use to. I know low 50's is warm to everyone else, but here tis cold. My MIL even almost slipped on an ice patch when we went for a walk yesterday and that is so unheard of here. She was even surprised. Other than that not much to report. I have been doing too much "celebrating" so my abs are not showing through all of this celebratory fat that I seemed to have accumulated. Oh well. What can you do. Tomorrow is Back and Biceps and then yoga. Ahhhh...yoga. Can't wait. Missed it last week :(.

I really hope that everybody has a great day. Until tomorrow....

Lea

Hi all,

Just waiting for my snack to digest and the woodstove to get going in the basement before I start plyox. The room is heated but it's colder outside and always cold down there because the crappy way our house is designed all of the hot air rises to the upper level.

Traci - I have DOMS in the chest and back too, but its a good DOMS. Two Tony workouts in a day! That is quite a feat. I think I'd double up with the yoga instead.

DB - Glad you are seeing some progress with ARX. When my back was bothering me, I did Cathe abs on the off days then a couple of days I did abs twice during the day. I think that moved me to the next level because now I can use the 6 lb med ball and 1lb ankle weights. I didn't buy the recovery drink, but I do drink whey protien power in a smoothie.

Laurie - I wouldn't worry about having to start a week over. I think just getting through the rotation at all is great. I'm seeing the same progress in my flexibility. I just have to force myself to do it!

Jeanette - I'm getting ready to do plyox. I still find it fun and I do feel much more coordinated and athletic since I've been doing it. I won't consider it mastered until I can land lightly on all of the jumps.

Debra - The cold, the sore butt and the mamogram, all at one time. I guess the mamograms always scare me now because I had a scare time before last and that's a real jolt of reality. I hope you get the workout in today if you feel up to it.

Sandra - I'm at the point that what is two hours if I'm in a much better mood? I know my husband is there.....

Lea - I used to eat popcorn for dinner and finally I turned over a new, better eating, leaf and haven't done that for years. I did have some yesterday for a snack and it tasted soooo good! I love popcorn!
Back and biceps grew on me towards the end so I can honestly say have fun. It's a great workout.

Monica - No heat for days? Do you have a woodstove? At least we have two wood stoves and a small generator that runs the tv, all of the important things. Did you loose everything in your freezer? All of that is such a hassle.

Buffy - I hope all goes well with the surgery and check back in with us.

Gayle - Are you still with us?

Happy workouts to all.

Tracy

Hi Tracy -
Yep, no heat at all. Most of our food stayed fine -- we just put it in tubs and moved it outside on our patio where it stayed frozen. We listened to the radio a lot, and we had a radio that tunes in local television stations. That was helpful to listen to the news. I think my feet are still frozen.

We may look into buying a generator as it seems we have experienced more long-term power outages in the last year than we have ever seen. Crazy weather!

Take care,
Monica

Hi all,

It wasn't one of my best days for plyox. I think my legs were still blasted from the b&g leg blast premix! Oh well, some of the jumps were better and others were embarassing. I'm glad no one was watching. So, I'll remember the best and forget the rest!

Monica - How stupid of me, of course it was cold outside so you didn't loose any food! Nothing worse than when you loose power in the summer though. We didn't pay much for our generator and it doesn't run much, but it helps.

Tracy

Monica - Ouch!! This is the first that I am hearing of your disasterous problem. I hope that everyone is all right now. I haven't gone back and read any of the past posts so I don't know how extensive it was for you, but it sounds pretty bad. How did you stay warm? I am so sorry that you had to endure that.

Lea

Good evening ladies! Hope you are all well! I did Back and Bis today, but started really late, so I did MM core instead of ARX to save a bit of time. It went well...I could raise my weights on some and added a few assisited pull-ups too. My forearms were still really on fire, but I think it was better than last week...I am thinking I will do a a few switches tomorrow. I have Kenpo on the books, so I will definitely do that...then I think I am going to add the leg portion of Butts and Gutts tomorrow afternoon. I leave for a long weekend in Charleston, SC on Thursday morn, so I won't have time for legs and back then...I can't do back tomorrow, since I just did it today...and I thought this might be a good sub for me. I will try to get a short stretch in on Thurs AM before I go...then hopefully while at my friends house I will get in yoga a day or 2 and some running in a couple of mornings...Core Syn will just have to wait until I get back!! No Dreya rolls in my friend's living room!!!

Sandra...Glad you liked plyo and had a good stretch!

Lea...Hope you had a good time with the family! I am looking forward to getting in 50 degree weather this weekend....We are supposed to have 7 degrees here overnight!

Tracy...Hope you had fun with plyo, even if some of your jumps weren't your best...I always have to turn DOWN the heat before I workout! I sweat like crazy..and I hate to be hot! The mammogram was fine...I apparently have dense breasts that wrap around under my armpit...Nice, hunh? So I had to have a couple of extra shots taken. Sorry you had a scare before...I hope nothing came from it!

Monica...Take care..Hopefully your feet will thaw out soon!

Happy evening to all! See you tomorrow!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Good evening,
Thought I'd check back and see how everyone did today. It's been cold out here in sunny California. Our house is heated with wood so I made a big fire when I got home. It's finally heating up well. My feet were blocks of ice. I seem to have developed my mom's poor circulation in the feet and hands. I have to have a heater under my desk all day at work to keep my feet from feeling like ice cubes. Will be glad when spring comes!

Traci, way to go on the Sandra planks. They are MONEY! Yep, I'm looking forward to recovery week and believe it or not, Core Syn.

Debra, glad the DOMS in the butt-talks are going away. Sounds like you did really well with B&B today. Forearms burning. What I get during the lat pulldowns is like an icy feeling going thru my forearms and that holds me back as I don't want to get injured. DH told me he never feels that. Guess it's my weak area. 7 degrees, that's the kind of nights we have been having here.

Sandra, woohoo! Glad PlyoX was a good one for you. Good to know that it's just a little Cathe fix that we may need, but can jump right back and be enthusiastic about P90X. The stretch afterwards sounds heavenly. I really need to get a stretch in soon. Well, yoga is on it's way on Thursday.

Lea, popcorn for dinner? I love popcorn, but the salt does a number on my. Even a little salt. Yes, I would enjoy the 50's. Think we did get up to the low 30's this morning, but by the weekend maybe into the 40's!

Tracy, sorry your legs were still blasted and PlyoX wasn't the best, but at least you did something and I bet still got a good workout. Hey, they can't all be #10's can they? I'm focusing on that catlike landing too. Love it.

Got to run now, see you all in the a.m.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.