Xers.......Transition Tuesday......................

taprice

Cathlete
HI all,

Just starting us off on this lovely Tuesday morning. Today is my usual run day, but I may do Hi/Lo Challenge instead. I'll see how I feel when I get home and what time it is. I have a meeting after work. I have to do some yoga today. The X is really making it hard to get in my yoga because on the two upper days my body is so fatigued I don't feel like doing yoga.

Nicole - Glad you got some new stuff. I like getting new stuff, but rarely buy it myself. I couldn't open the link or see the picture. Are you doing the lean or clasic.

Jeanette - Maybe it's time for a change. I see you are trying the WW. I guess it doesn't take much to get started? Are you just doing it informally? I know, once the weight goes on, it is so hard to get off.

I think I caught up with almost everyone else yesterday.

Tracy

Gooood Morning Tracy! and all who follow....

My body is feeling every bit of the X+ workouts so I am visiting w/ Cathe & crew today.......We are going to do B&G standing w/ extra hard Firewalkers.... I use a heavy tension leg band + hold a 20# DB (just 1;-) ) and pause dvd to do extras... I also steal a segment from Tracey Staehle Glute Camp - drop the weight and do squat jacks w/ the band on.... Goodbye Saddlebags!}( If I have energy & inclination I might do 1 round of KC+ just to make sure I have all the moves/combos down... We'll see.

TRACY::
Hope todays run is SPECTACULAR! I guess you have had some mild weather so far this week? I 'd think you'd run when you can & HiLo it later when you get a hit of Father Winter!:7 I bet you miss your yoga! I hope you can get that figured out in your schedule- I know its important for you.

Off to read yesterday & I shall return:*

Back w/ a little catch up chat….

CAROL:::
So sorry again about the disappearing post! Its just CRAZY that somewhere in nowhereland are millions of emails & such that someone reads yet it all makes no sense! ~ That’s AWESOME news about the bands! I use Door Gym “cables” and until last part of Phase 3 I never had an issue about NOT feeling the burn! I think w/ the bands its more about not cheating yourself… Its easy to do but if you are serious about results you simply wont cheat… YOU GO FOR IT!!! ~~~ I think you will have PLENTY of time to get any new DVDs before they come out @ full price! BB doesn’t seem to run “deals” that expire EVER! ~~ Your sister is a writer? How cool!!! YES we early morning people are extremely creative at those wee hrs before the world starts messing up our energy fields! LOLOLOL – Can ya tell I’m a bit esoteric? (or is the correct word eccentric?) LOL….What does your sister write? Is she published yet??? How neat…. I have started at least 3 books over the years but feel so exposed & end up just using them for my private journals. ~~ So sorry about your DF & her divorce situation… It is NEVER easy- even under the best of circumstances.

TEDDYGIRL:::
Congrats on your decision to hang tough with X! Keep us posted daily as to what week & phase you’re on….. 1 more thing – I think it was TRACY that said to do your X workout FIRST and then & only then do your “other” workout of choice- ITA w/ that… I did doubles once in awhile & found it taxed me more than I thought…It IS really important to get your strength & leg work in FIRST when you’re fresh & motivated then addon workouts…. If you are AM/PM exercising I really do sufggest you flip flop what you’ve been doing which seems to be P90X in PM…. It can get derailed & crossed off the list too easily. Just my add-on thoughts to Tracys post.

TRACY X:::
You have your year long plan all set out! Good girl!!! I really am working on that for this year…setting up my training cycles and and sticking to that. I’ll have to see what STS in summer actually looks like for me as we will be @ bay so much. Some weeks I’ll be able to lift M-W-F but that means no long weekends (I usually go Thursday nites) … We’ll have to see what I can pull off. ~~ LOL “Mushy Muscles” on the soup! ~~ Thanks again for your post yesterday- I don’t think it was Soapbox-y at all!

DEBRA X::::
Where does the day go indeed! I had one of those time warped days myself yesterday…I think its school for you…so much less downtime/errand time/ nap time! LOL on the sips if wine!!! Sips of Annie Green Springs! My HS wine of necessity (cheap) PLEEEZE don’t tell me you are too young to have heard of it!!! Do you know who my all time swoon favorite singer is? Andy Williams- yep--- I’ve been waiting 40 years to marry that hunk & I’d STILL do it today! Do you have a CD of Moon River we can play @ retreat??? I cry & cry & cry!!! That’s how this one guy I dated YEARS ago got me into bed- He had the piano guy at the restaurant play Moon River for me….yep--- I was EASY after that!!! LOLOLOL How in the world did I get on this rampage at this early hour???? ~~~~ I vote for Ya’ll – go the southern belle route! LOLOLOL ~~ I’ll email you & Sandra the initial plan- it needs tweaking for sure… Your input will be appreciated. I’m planning on creating it like I envision STS… This is the weight lifting plan- insert your own cardio of choice- if you want. ~~ I do think you’d like X+…. HURRY order today!!!!! ~~ REALLY happy no sick urchins got you yesterday! ~ I really liked your post to Jeanette yesterday..Well said.

NICOLE X :::
OMG! 70.00 yoga footwear????? OMG!!!! You MUST love yoga!!! I do hope they accomplish all you desire- I’d buy then for fashion value only!!! ;-) Glad to hear Trainers Track is on Core+ as well…. I think it helps me stay focused as well… When he interrupts to give a form pointer I come out of my zone and make sure my heads in the game. NICE feature indeed! ~~ Keep us posted on lurker… be safe. ~ Repost your linl/photo…no can see!

SANDRA X:::
Forgot this on yesterdays post:::: LOL Cathe’s Fit Club! That’s MY catch phrase!!! I doubt that Cathe would lack creativity as she considers names! LOL

JEANETTE X :::
WooHOO!!! You got that walk in on day 1!!!! Way to go! I know you loved those last year!! I am doing full body M-W-F for 3 weeks…. I’m not lifting heavy but for enduramce to regain that aspect of the muscle I have lost. I am doing something like this…
Wk 1: M: Primarily Body Weight, W: Cathe Full Body, F: Amy Full Body
Wk 2: M: Cathe, W: Body Wt, F: Amy
Wk 3: M: Body Wt, W: Amy, F: Cathe
I do think you are making the right choice about X- I could really feel your lack of Zest for them yesterday and that generally makes for a poor workout. I commend you on making the decision that’s good for you… I agree about your metabolism! I think WW got my metabolism rev’ed up again as well the fisrt time I did it with success… I just could never find the fine line with eating ENOUGH while I was working out 5-6 days a week….. 20 points AINT ENOUGH! LOLOLOL but ALL the activity points were too much…. Urrrrrrrrrrrr. I do know it will get you what you want tho just because it will be a good shock to your body. ~~ OMG Rising @ 2am!!! I bet you were asleep REALLY early! I love the idea of being done w/ work so early tho! ~ I like Ellen Barrett for Pilates.. She also incorporates yoga…They are 30-40 minutes and to the point. I just like her style. I bet clips are available on Collage so you can see her personality. ~~

LAURIE XX:::, LEA X::, KIM:::, SWIFT AMY XX:::, WENDY X::, CHRISTIANE:: and all I missed- Happy day to you as well!!!!

Happiest of days to all Xers!

Classic/ Week 9/ Day 2/ PlyoX (subbing with DrillMax scrambled cardio premix; adding on BG Standing Legs).

Good morning!

Traci, I am NOT doing the uber-hard version of firewalkers that you're doing! You CRAAAAAAZY!!!!! :) Did you know that for yesterday's lunch we were to have 1/2 of a bun with that veggie burger? If you're going to copy me, I'd better be specific, huh? Today's breakfast is whole grain waffles (2), peanut butter (1 tbsp), 1 cup of skim milk, and a medium banana. Lunch is a pasta salad; you'll have to get the recipe from the book. Afternoon snack is 12 rice cakes and a frozen fruit bar. Dinner is 6oz halibut, 2tbsp mustard cream sauce (recipe in book), 1 cup brown rice, 2 cups steamed spinach, and 1 cup raspberries. Got all that?

Tracy, I find that problem with adding yoga, too. The mini-stretch sessions I've added throughout my day are working well because I'm getting the flexibility without working as hard as yoga.

Jeanette, You're on WW Day 2 (now 3!) already?? LOL! That was quick! Congratulations. It's really an effective program. Are 18 points the baseline of your range, then you add your activity points? That's not very many points; my range was always 22-26, or something like that, and I found that hard to stick to. Keep in mind that 1 point roughly equals 50 calories and no more than 2 grams of fat. So, if you only ate 18 points, you're eating only about 900 calories. That's not very much. Make sure you use your flex points, too. They aren't a luxury bonus; they're there to make sure you eat enough while providing flexibility. Yes, Cook It Quick is a great cookbook, if you're interested in recipes. Another good one is Take 5, where every recipe requires no more than 5 ingredients.

I can't yak any longer; I have to go get started on my workout. My eating yesterday was spot on. I tallied up my calories for the day, and came up with 1620. I was under the impression I was supposed to eat 1800. I'm going to keep track of the calories every day and if they all come up short, and I'm hungry, I'll add in something healthy. I was hungry yesterday morning, and found the lunch a little sparse, but the afternoon snacks were more than enough. And the dinner was very good, too. So, I'll add in a morning snack if I need too.

BBL to catch up with yesterday and all who follow!
Cheers,
Sandra

Just popping on to say good morning!! I have lots of errands to do today including an eye check up....my glasses don't seem to be helping as much as they should! UGH. Getting old su**s! Happy day to all who follow! And Traci, stop trying to show everyone up with the extra firewalkers...I think I heard a Cathe cackle!

ta-ta for now!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Doubles/Phase II/Week 5 /Day 2
Workout: Plyo

Good morning Xers,

Workout this morning was actually fun, kept a smile on my face. Maybe I'm just happy to had completed a X workout, yeah! that's it:p

Last night, hit TM for an hour jog. What is up with my Ipod I had a full charge on it, I did CC# 5 the weekend, I go to do Candace last night and now I need to charge the battery again, so I just put my headphone on and got busy. I don’t know/understand what is sucking up the charge. So I brought it to work to charge, still don’t understand the dog gone thang. question, if I’m listening too a song and than hit pause/stop and THEN turn iPod off will that still suck up the battery?

I'll check back shortly 4 reports are due out before AM.

Good morning,

Today was Step, Jump, & Pump step circuit. This was fun and I really sweated and felt the leg work. You girls would be proud of me that I went over my 60 minute mark. Now that I start work 15 minutes later, I feel like I can afford a little more time.

Tracy, hope you get that run in today. I signed up for Weight Watchers online. So far, I plan my menu the night before. Thanks for the circuit suggestion. It felt good today.

Traci, sounds like you are liking the X+ workouts. Do some firewalkers for me, okay? Now that's exactly why I have saddlebags LOL! So did you and Wendell work out together last night }( ? I love Moon River, but never pictured being married to Andy Williams, you silly girl! Aren't you the one crazy about the guy in Bread? Every time I hear a song of theirs on my mp3 player while walking, I think of you! Did WW rev your metabolism because you were eating more than usual? I'm hoping that's what happens. I was starving during my workout today, but I welcome it as it means my body is burning something (I think). I'll have to check out the pilates.

Sandra, thanks so much for the advice with Weight Watchers and the cookbooks. Yep, they have 18 points figured for me. It's actually more food than what I've been eating or at least it seems like it. I'll be sure to eat some of those extra points too.

Debra, I hear you on the eyesight. Here lately I've been pulling out my cheaters for everything at work. Hope you get those errands done. Oooh reminds me that I need to make Grandma's dental appointment. I always plan on doing it while at work and just get so busy...

Latrese, glad your X workout was good today. I don't have an Ipod so can't help there.

Hi to everyone else.

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 3/Day 1
Workout: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps / ARX / Some type of kickboxing (maybe, see how I feel :D )

Will be doing ARX later today, and hope to get in a 30 min KB workout too.

Computer at home is working! Hope it stays that way.

DH went to the doctor again. He still has that nasty cough. The doc told him if his ear doesn't get unclogged then he needs to get to an Ear, Nose & Throat doc. He might have to have tubes put in his ear. So now he is on another dose of antibiotics, decongestant and a puffer for the bronchitis he has developed. I have been telling him to get into the doc for almost 2 weeks. Yesterdays coughing fit finally got him to call. This morning he wasn't coughing as bad.

Tracy, Hope you are able to get your yoga in today. I may change my mind and get some more yoga in. I have been wanting to try out the PY4H. Maybe my hips need to be worked magically today! :D

Traci, Your extra hard firewalkers are more like firewalker torture, but I bet those really work the legs good. ;-) You are getting Wendall to work out with you? Our oldest has been giving my DH the raspberries about his health. She feels he is too "fat". He gets mad at her, but she comes back with "I just want you to live a long healthy life Dad". He doesn't have a comeback for that, and looks at me and smiles. I say nothing at all. I think Kathy Smith is a good one too. I have LWTLW, and also the one you mentioned on VHS. I just don't get rid of anything. :7

Sandra, When you get to the tuna salad for your meal plan, I was not happy with the celery seed. I would either not put it in or cut back on the amount. I thought it was way too bitter. :) I have made some of those recipies and they are tasty. I really like having the Sausage Muffin when I am in a hurry to get to work. We will be looking at the iMac for sure. Maybe they should give you a commission. :7

Debra, I have to go in for new glasses too.x( I just wish my astigmatism would stop getting worse. Maybe Traci is trying to turn into Dreya. :7 :7 Making us all look bad, doing those mega firewalkers! :7 :7 :7 When I was a kid we only where able to see the Vikings play football, because our TV stations came out of Duluth. So we where only able to see the Pac play when they played the Vikings. No love for that team what so ever. :7 :7 :7 Yes my DD's did take over my workout space. I don't mind, but they need to put everything back in place when they are done. :7 They sometimes forget. x(

TG, Yay to you for having a good time with your workout. That is what counts in the end. I always have a problem pushing play with Core Syn. When I am finished with that workout it always makes me feel great.

Jeanette, Sounds like your workout today was a great time. :D I think the STS will have more variety than what P90X has. So I did order it. We have our first workshop (once a month) for faire on Sunday, then we start rehearsals the first weekend in June. I'm suppose to be getting a new dress this year. Crossing my fingers on that one.

Nicole, I can see that the unassisted Dreya rolls could be a knee culprit. I was happy to see the Chargers win too. Just afraid that game took too much of a toll on the players. Hope LT is good to play on Sunday. He is my fav running back behind Grant on the Pac of course. :7 :7 Cute top.

Carol, You are doing a great job on your workouts.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Well hello again.
Today is Phase 2, Week 1, Day 4: YOGA
Made the trip to the US just fine. Sunday AM we both managed to sqeeze our w/o in before packing and flying out. It was Plyo for me but I subbed for Cathe's LIC timesaver cardio. I have to try Plyo once but not sure how the back will like it. I usually sub it with some of Cathe's 1 hour or longer cardio that requires some good leg work (like the blasts in LM or BM2 cardio blast) but I didn't feel like it that day. For time reason I had to do the w/o before having breakfast (which I usually don't) and I didn't have my usual energy.
Anyway the flight was not bad, not too many babies crying... It was sooooo bad when we flew back to Lux New Year's Eve x( . Just surrounded by children crying the WHOLE flight x( x(
Today we had a little snow but DH could not get out of the garage. Since we don't live here really he doesn't have a regular car and uses pool car. Welll the one he has is a Lexus GS430 which is awsome but not in the snow. He backed out of the garage and it's as far as he made it. DS had to push him back in and he ended up taking my car. Well anyway today is a "get all your stuff done, kindof day" so hopefully I don't need it.
On to some seriopus catch-up and personals...;-)

Tracy~~ Have a good run, as you can see, no running for me, although I have to repeat the experience... I kind-of enjoyed it last week. I guess the fresh air does it too. Also thaks for the info on the X+. Keep posting your feedback as you discover the w/os. As I was catching up, you cranked me up with the alarm clock. I had a different experience last year when DD came to visit us in Lux. She had a 6:30AM flight and the alarm sound was off, so of course I missed it and woke up with only 20 minutes to spare... Nicht gut!!!! Also I agree with you that StretchX feel good. DH had never done any yoga or stretch w/o before and he swears it will now ne part of his schedule post P90X.

TracyX-~~ Quite a w/o you have there... The legs should feel the burn. From Saturday's post, thanks for the encouragement. I must say it's so much easier that both of us are involved into the program. First he really appreciates it as I can keep his diet in check (at least when he's home...) when I cook diner. Kenpo cardio sure seems like quite a w/o. Maybe DH would like it better as KenpoX doen't do much for him. The first time he did it he also added Candace's w/o after on the elleptical :p :p :p . For me, I must say it's enough. My cardio fitness is good but my HB goes up quite easily. It's funny because when I am at my "supposed" 85%MAX HB, I don't feel really exhausted. So most of the time I work outside. When I wear my heart monitor, it says I am out most of the time. Also thanks for the warning regarding possible back issues with X+ FB. THat's my BIG weakness.

Sandra~~ Seems you have a good menu planned for the day. Which diet are you following? Although cheesy, pizza pretzels???? Hello... Not quite P90X }( We try to follow the P90X diet as close as possible and by that I mean the parameters more than specifically. DH is mainly concerned with his maximum calories while I try to also analyse the content of the calories (Carbs, Prot...) I log my intake onto Fit Day and try to make adjustments from that. What I do is try to follow the breakfasts as much as possible as well as the lunches and I usually pick WW recipees for diner. It seems to work well as I am down about 3% BF so far. What is Cathe's fit club? Haven't seen that so far. As for finding subs for food (you in Canada) it's the same for me in Lux. There's lot's of stuff I can't find, mainly low fat (forget FF) it doesn't exist in Europe. So each time I come here, I load my suitcase with food to bring back home.

Debra~~ So sorry abouth the issues with XDH..........HUGS to you........;-) ;-) ;-) I will keep you in my thoughts. I am also your presentation went well. And by the way, great that you charged XDH for Cathe's STS... :p

Nicole~~ What a sweetie DH was to surprise you with flowers. I love it when mine does it. About Core Syn. it's one of the most bizarre w/o. It's quite tough and I have to modify some moves because of my back. Some of them I simply just don't do.

Jeanette~~ You must be proud of your grandchlidren. It seems like your DS is the same age as my DD. Although she is not quite ready for kids as she recently ended her 5 years relashionship with her BF. It was a sad time for her. I'm glad I could be here for her. As I told her, before I was just 5 hours away, now it's just 12...;-)

Carol~~ Well I guess that it would be a bummer to share computers with teenagers. God know they can monopolize them. WOW! quite a busy day you had on your b-day. Did I wish you Happy B-day??? If not well belated one :p :p

Teddy Girl~~ Well in answer to your questions, YES you can and will finish this race if... as Tracy said you are doing it for all the right reasons. We are all here to cheer you up.

Laurie~~ Thanks for the KCP critique. Sounds like a good one.

SwiftAmy~~ Happy belated B-day. How nice of DH and DD for the handmade note and the massage. They are my favorites. I try to get one everytime I come here and I even extend them to 90 minutes. I could stay there the whole day...:* Now 35#DB... What do you use these for??? Gosh I wish I had started to lift "earlier" in my life. I usually don't go ever 25#. Now I use more as a BB though for leg work and stuff.

Wendy~~ What a touching note about Cutie Niece... It sure seems like she enjoys the time spent with you. That must tell YOU something... Good luck in preparation for your trip to Thailand.

Kim~~ So DH is also doing P90X? It's true that me find it harder to follow a strict schedule, but I must say mine find's it very practical as he doen't have to ponder too long on what to do when he comes back from work. It's also great that you can encourage each other and both live the same experience.

Hugs and kisses to all the others I might have missed. Sorry.... it's hard to catch up with 3 days.... (excuses, excuses, excuses...:+ )

Have a great day. Up to Yoga now.

Oooooooh that was nice!! I must be a glutton for punishment because I really enjoyed this morning's workout: DrillMax Scrambled Cardio premix; BG standing work and stretch. It does drive me nuts to watch Cedie's form during the 2nd drill, though. I'd get dizzy and fall over if I did the side-leaps the way she does. I may do the BG Leg Blast Premix, with pull/chin ups interspersed throughout, instead of P90X LB on Friday. I've got dom-stiffness/soreness in my chest and front of shoulders, and in my lats, from yesterday's CB. That workout is truly the most effective for me.

Tracy....I hope to start using Amy's workout right away when I receive them. I might pick one to practice in short bits for a week, then use it in my morning workouts the following week. Do you mind reiterating that pull up training method you mentioned before? Where you start at 12 and descend to 1? I might try that with the BG Leg Blast premix on Friday. Did SA irritate your forearm yesterday? I call it the Popeye workout, because it inflates my forearms so much. When I do it tomorrow I will either keep 20lbs as my max dumbell, or take longer breaks between the exercises, to let the blood retreat from the muscle.

Traci....I'll bet you have that potty-sore booty today. How'd your workout go? I thought of you while I was tying up my green band for the firewalkers. So I tied it a bit tighter. See? You inspire me :D Are your books fiction or nonfiction? Can you shoot me an excerpt of one to my private email addy? Oooooh, I look forward to seeing this pyramid workout you're going to mock up. Yes please send to me!! It sounds like the X+Full Body is pretty tough! How come it's not in your plan for the next 3 weeks? I'm thinking you could do it where you put "body weight", no? It takes an exceptionally stubborn person to train themselves as hard as a personal trainer would. Cathe even hired a PT to help her prepare for the Hardcore Series. Can you imagine being Cathe's personal trainer?! My only problem with the eating plan is in staying committed when I'm in a social environment. I'm tired of being the one always saying "I'm on an eating plan" because I'm always saying that, and I imagine they all think I'm an idiot by now. There's Sandra, always flighting about. Oh well, I AM skinnier and in better shape than the rest of them, so I guess I'm right! LOL!! I don't think I have Excel on this new computer. There's a spreadsheet program, I think, but I don't know if it will read Excel files. No fear, however, because my emails come to my older computer as well, and it does have Excel. Excel-lent! HA! I just caught that little remark you make to TG about the Canadians. We love you too! Mwah! Mwah! Huh?? What's this?? DH IS GOING TO START TRAINING WITH YOU?!?! How did that come about? Share the details! Share! How'd he do with his first session with a sexy personal trainer??

Debra....Are you going to get new frames to go along with a new prescription? Yeah, getting old sucks, which is why I follow Tony's example and "don't DO old." Easier said than done LOL!! Over the weekend my head spun around again and I decided to stick with my second round. The Ibuprofen has helped the elbow pain substantially. In fact, it's made me feel good in places I didn't even know were hurting LOL!!! I swear I have a high pain tolerance (aka too dumb to know when to stop). Remember, I'm the one who gave birth to two 10lb babies without pain killers of any kind, and would do it that way again. I'm missing a few important connections in my cranium. The other reason I decided to stick with the X is because I know it's not the exercise that is the problem, it's my eating. So, changing my exercise won't do me any good, will it? Also, I love lifting heavy; I love the muscle development I get. I wasn't ready to stop yet. So, I'm just going to modify where necessary and keep going.

Teddygirl....I'm not sure what's draining your power so quickly. Definitely make sure it's fully turned off, and not just in some kind of sleep mode. You enjoyed PlyoX today, did you? That's great!

Jeanette....18 points gave you more food than you've been eating??? Oh my, how do you eat so little!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I guess we just figured out the reason I've gained some weight LOL! I've been eating at least 2x as much as you! This "eat as much as you want, just keep it clean" diet just doesn't work for me. How many pounds do you want to lose?

Nicole....Oh, such neat indulgences! I've read about that negative heal; let us know if it truly does help your back. Have fun with all the new stuff. I'd like to purchase an expensive set of workout wear (eg. Lululemon) and see if they really do make me look better. Good job on doing CS yesterday. I dislike all the standing-floor transitions, but it is an effective workout for sure. I think you're the only one so far who's received a message from the lurker.

Carol....Thanks a million on the description of how to use the woody bands for pull/chin ups. I haven't yet got P90X+, either, but that's because I have to wait for wormholes to appear in the atmosphere, in order to get anything delivered up here from down there. I ordered the first day, and am still waiting. I used to do most of my thesis writing from 5-7am. I may have to go back to that; it's the best time of day, I've found. Not sure when I'd squeeze in my workouts, then. Obviously I have my priorities straight LOL!! Tony only looks leaner 'cause he's older, and losing all the baby fat :)

Kim....We have adults deliver newspapers in cars, too. When I was a kid, my brother had a paper route and I would go with him sometimes, just to keep him company. What was I thinking?? He never paid me. Heck, I'd even do the route for him when he was sick or whatever. He exploited me, that schmuck!

Wendy....So, did the dog ever confess? What'd she do? You're an awfully generous, thoughtful person, to gather that suitcase of clothing for the people in Thailand. Yes, you are, don't try to deny it!!!!

Okay, today's goal is to figure out a schedule that will provide me with some time to work on my thesis. Oh, and clean the half-bath, and vacuum the area rugs. And make my pasta salad for lunch. Possibly babysit the neighbour's baby if she gives me a call this morning. And make lunches for tomorrow. I should make some bread, too. It's a gorgeous day out; I'd like to get out some with DD and get some fresh air. It's all doable, right??

Have a great day,
Sandra

Christiane,

Good to "see" you and to hear that you made the trip well. How do you deal with the jetlag/time change? If you suffer serious back problems, then subbing the workouts you do for PlyoX is probably a good idea. There is a crew member (Pam) in PlyoX that shows modified moves, so if you want to give it a whirl some time, try to follow her. Actually most of PlyoX is easily modifiable. My DH is starting to voluntarily do stretch workouts, too. The other day at work he suggested to his co-workers that they implement a stretch session at the start of the day, because so many of them have back problems. He got laughed back into his office, and swears they will never forget the day "Peter said they should do some stretching." The cheesey pizza soft pretzel is the only soft pretzel I've ever seen for sale here, and I was wanting to avoid it. The P90X eating plan, phase 3, level 1, has "sourdough pretzel" as the afternoon snack. I was trying to figure out what that was. Turns out we can't get it here, and I was more than happy to sub my home made whole wheat oatmeal bread instead. A white flour soft pretzel just doesn't seem very healthy, does it? It was strange to see it on the menu. I'm supposed to make a sauce this week that has 1 1/4 cups Sweet Vermouth in it. I can't stand alcohol, and will probably sub chicken stock or something. It seems odd to see hard liquor on the P90X eating plan!!! After a few weeks of trying this menu, I'll probably do what you're doing, and plan my own menus again. Cathe's Fit Club is the name Traci gave to the people who will subscribe to the new recipe/nutrition forum that Cathe.com will launch next month. Enjoy YogaX!!!

Sandra

Laurie,

Oh my goodness, DH is really struggling!! I've never heard of an adult getting tubes in his ears. I hope he gets over this soon. Oh, if you haven't tried PY4H yet, you must do so! Even give the Quickie a whirl, if that's all you have time for. All Levels; All Good!!!! I'm still learning what all this iMac can do. I really like it, though. If I press the Esc button and say "tell me a joke", she tells me a knock knock joke!! Everyone's a card, even my computer! Thanks for the advice on the tuna salad, but it's not in the phase 3 meal plan. When I get tired of these recipes, I'll go back to phases 1 & 2 and see what looks good. Thanks for the sausage muffin recommendation. Sounds yummy!

Enjoy your workout today!
Sandra

}( WooooHooooo B&G Standing w/ a }( is completed.... I am so sore! Any part that I thought Tony missed yesterday actually wasnt missed! OUCH! I feel my butt & legs shedding fat as I type}(

I shall return later with todays chat catch up.... appears that everyones having FABULOUS workouts.... maybe all we needed was a collective moan & groan day or 2 - Cant keep Xers down for long!

SANDRA:: I am indeed planning on using Tonys X+ Full Body for my body weight days...you're so smart!:* Thansk for todays menu... I shall pull the manual out so you dont have to take the time to do that just for me each day... Thanks!!! :*

CS&T done!

I actually upped my weight on quite a few of the exercises which is the first time in this phase. I'm glad because I'm afraid P90X+ will kill me next phase:p

I have been trying to eat better because my weight is on an elevator to the top floor:( That is one of the downsides to being heavy at any point in your life. I know that fat cells have the memory of an elephantx( Unfortunately for me my body will always yearn to be 176 lbs. so I have to fight it all of the time. Frustrating! I know I am in control over it though so I'll just keep plugging along.

Tracy, I know what you mean about not getting enough yoga in. I was bound and determined to keep it in this round but it's not working out. I hope the new STS series will allot time for yoga. I put up a new link for the top. Not that it's the end of the world if you don't get to see it:) Hope you get off of work early enough to get a run in.

Traci-X, I'm so excited to try the + workouts with all of your soreness. Not that I long to be sore, but for me it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something:) No, no, no, not $70 yoga footwear, they are shoes for my regular workouts. They have a negative heel that makes your posture better so I'm hoping it will help my back. They feel really good and my back feels like it has less pressure on it when I wear them. I also bought a new pillow to see if that helps. The pillow I had before this one, I've had for 10 years. Gee, I wonder why my back hurts:p No more news from the lurker, maybe I scared him off:) Glad you had fun with B&G standing. I avoid that one at all cost:D

Sandra, So do you eat differently than your family? I did that for a while and it's tough! ^5 for sticking with it. I am making a yummy pasta dish for dinner from the Clean Eating Cookbook. That last time I made it DH and the boys really liked it. I wish I could find more recipes like that one. Your workout this morning was crazy! I guess you and Traci both had the crazy urge. B&G standing is tough let alone doing it with DM cardio. I bet you feel better than I do though;) I'm anxious to see what a difference there is in L&B when I use my new chin up bar. I will do them assisted though. I don't want to die young:p Even in one wear I feel a difference in my back while wearing my new Earth shoes. They were such a great deal!

Debra, I hope you successfully ran all of your errands today. You should have slotted a massage or facial in there. I'll see you when you get back:)

Teddygirl, I just got my iPod so I'm no help with troubleshooting:( I'm pretty sure though that when it's off no power is being used. I hope you get it figured out. ^5 on getting PlyoX done! That's a tough one anytime let alone your first workout back to the X.

Jeanette, I am proud of you for going over the hour mark:) I used to feel lazy if my workouts weren't 90 minutes. I don't feel that way anymore:p My knee is so much better than it was on Friday. I don't know what happened but I though all of my mobility in that knee was gone. I woke up the third day of the injury and it was all gone, thank goodness! Sorry it's been so cold. The 40's are our low at night. I think it's pretty much mid 70's until next week. I guess we are spoiled down here:p

Christiane, Glad you made it here safe and with little incident on the plane! Sounds like you had a cold welcome. How long are you staying for? I bet your kids are glad to have you home for a bit. Way to stick with your workouts while traveling. that can get a little tricky but I bet it's nice to have a DH to do it with. Have fun doing yoga.

Laurie, Oh, it sounds like DH is just miserable:( I pray it doesn't have to come to tubes in his ears. Don't you know if you make a doctors appointment you start to feel better;) How are the girls doing? Any sports right now keeping them busy? At least they have you helping them with workouts if they get bored. I LT say today that he will be playing which is good news. I'm glad we were able to see second string step up on Sunday. Maybe they can do it again this Sunday:) We'll be limping in but maybe we'll see a miracle on Sunday:D

I'm off to play with DS and feed him lunch so he can take a nap.

I'll be back later to chat,

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Back w/ a little catch up chat….

For all who asked…(thanks for asking btw) - YES I started training DH last night- He was in pain!!! All we worked were biceps/wrist flexors & extensors & 20 minutes later he looked at me with a level of respect I had never seen before. I treated him exactly as I do my clients & he was literally SPEECHLESS how little weight he can lift when he lifts correctly…. He usually grabs 50’s and FLINGS the weights & calls it curls… not in my studio! Lololol He max weight was 20 & he was crying uncle on the 3rd set of 21’s! Tonight is Tricep work…yeah baby!

SANDRA X:::
Oh dear Sandra- just ONCE ya gotta do “Firewalkers Deluxe!” I HAD to create that as after a bit the DVD version just doesn’t get in there good enough! ~ NO WONDER I WAS STARVING after lunch yesterday! The half a “dern” bun would have filled me right up! LOL ~~ I like your idea of mini stretches… Even yoga stretches can be done easily that way- Thanks for sharing the idea. ~~ Remember WW changed the points program last year… It dropped almost all who had under 15#s to lose to 18 points! That’s when I said NO WAY! When I was maintaining with them I was alternating 26-30 a day!~~ Great job sticking to your BB Plan! You’ll be just fine- you just needed a jump start. ~ On your sub for Sourdough Pretzel… I do agree that it was a better choice – just FYI- I have read from many sources that sourdough is actually a pretty good “white” choice as it doesn’t cause the spike in insulin that plain white does… Interesting huh? Good thing cuz I LOVE SD almost as much as Andy Williams!!! LOLOLOL~~~~~ I’ve never noticed anything about Cedie in DM…Dog-goneit! Now I’ll have to go look! So happy I could inspire you to tie a bit tighter today! DEFINITELY worth the extra pain for the saddlebags…If you don’t have those then I wouldn’t bother! LOL ~~~ Oh dear my “books” are all non-fiction- that’s why I shall never share except under an assumed name… Whats that called- Ghost Writer? ~~ The Pyramid plan is in your mailbox… Happy reading! ~~ I love your honesty in social situations… I don’t tell- I act superior & scrunch my nose with a “No thanks”! LOL ~~~~ ROF on your brother exploiting you! Isnt that what siblings are for???? ~ So sorry you have nothing to do today… GET BUSY!! Mwah back at ya!

DEBRA X::::
Sweet Debra…. Didn’t you read that they are making reading glasses less strong these days? Kinda like todays size 2 is yesterdays size 8??? REALLY!!!!!;-) ~~ Oh yes there was a Cathe cackle!! I just love inflicting pain on my fat spots! Hope you get ALL your errands done! XXOO

TEDDYGIRL:::
WOOHOO!!!! You’re back on track too!!!! I swear the holidays Nov-Jan take its toll mentally! But we’re all back on track!!!! On your ipod… I don’t use mine enough to know how long its SUPPOSE to hold a charge but it sounds like you may have a defective internal part…. Get in touch w/ apple before the warranty runs out.

JEANETTE X :::
SOOOOOOOO good to hear your joy & zest back today!!! Fabulous w/o to get you in the right direction!!! You are ALWAYS our positive Xer so when you’re down I feel your pain. Glad all is well in life once again!!!! ~~ Ahhhh Bread! YES I wanted to marry ALL of them as well!!! LOLOLOL ~ Remind me at the retreat & I’ll share the story of the night I actually met & sat on stage with Andy @ his Xmas Show in LA….. the best memory of my life for sure… I’ll tell ya now tho- I still cry when I tell it!!!! ~~ On WW – The first time I did it I lost 15 #s BUT I wasn’t working out…. So YES it did me wonders on portion control- after I regained the weight I was already into Cathe 6X a week 2+ hrs of cardio a day…. That’s when I got stuck for over a year & was about to give up when P90X came along. It just was never easy to figure out the points WHILE exercising..WW is definitely designed for people who are in early stages of exercise or who don’t do it at all…. You’ll be fine for a bit as it will shock your system…just be careful with too few points.

NICOLE X :::
Nice purchase on the shirt!!! You’ll look awesome in the mauve too! ^5 on Core Syn advances!!! WOOHOO on all YOUR improvements today too! You are back girl! ~~ LOL on the clarification on the 70 bucks! WHEW!!! I wonder if your lurker was also the person who posted the I’m Offended stuff in Ask Cathe… Sometimes I think these trolls just pick a place to haunt for a week or so & move on.

CHRISTIANE::
Welcome home!!!! Glad your trip was smooth sailing!! I think you said you’d be “single” for a long stretch now? I do think your DH might really like Kenpo+ (& all the plus w/o's) its movin & grooving for sure! I think Tony out did himself with this set.

LAURIE XX:::
Wow- Good vibes for DH as it sounds like he has the crud BIG TIME! LOVE how good kids are at telling us like it is! Gotta LOVE that!!! You crack pot! I shall never be Dreya- she does L-Movies!!!!! ROF

OK- Off to finish laundry!!! Have a great day gang!!!:* :* :* :*

Back for a chat before I have to get the diva from school. I got most of my errands done...plus one I wasn't planning on, so I guess that is good. I did get new frames for my glasses since I figure I had better go ahead and do it now before the money is cut off. I got regular glasses and prescription sunglasses too....My mom has macular degeneration and one of the causes is too much blue light so the sunglasses will help that. Anyhoo...also went to the bank, the vet, the grocery store, and visited CB for lunch...All good! I still have my workout to do, but I will do that after I get DD from school. I am planning doing Squeeze. I guess at some point this week I need to do a little laundry to get ready for my trip...Of course, it is going to be wicked cold this weekend....we may end up in the mountains after all!

personals......

Traci...
I got your email...but I apparently don't have Excel on my computer...I guess I need to get that, hunh?? All right, I will order the X+ stuff...I will have some time tonight to play online. Sorry to say I don't know what Annie Green Springs is...we drank Boone's Farm for cheap wine in high school...Is it the same thing?? You are cracking me up with the whole Andy Williams thing! I was giggling while I was reading your post this morning...and the diva wanted to know why, but I really couldn't explain! You really must be easy...LOL! I don't have one of his CDs...maybe you can pack one and we'll drink some cheap wine together...now THAT I can provide...LOL! Are you a big 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' fan too??

Jeanette....
I did one of the SPJ premixes the other day too...love the music on that one. I hope you got DGM's dental appt made today! I am actually nearsighted...I can't see the guide on the TV anymore without my glasses on...or the scores of any basketball games! I am glad you are enjoying your new work schedule....and you get a walk in too! I am glad you are satisfied with your decision to vary your workouts routine. Hope the WW goes well for you too. I have to get on the scale at least 3 times a week to keep myself in check. I will be interested to see where I am on Friday which will be my weigh in and measurement day.

Am I the slowest typist in the world?? I must go get the diva now...I will bbl to work on personals some more. See you later!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Happy Tuesday, Xers!!

Not much going on here today. I'll be doing Plyo in a few minutes. I'll also be tacking on seg. 1 of Stretch Max and, if time allows, Bath Max, too ;-) It was really nice not to have to get up and work out this morning. I actually slept in 'til 8 :D :D :D I needed to catch up. Otherwise, it's business as usual for us today. It'll be nice next week to have workouts that are different. I'm mentally done with this set for now.

Traci-X -- I LOVE firewalkers and always use a heavy band with those }( My SIL is currently writing a historical novel. She hasn't had any other books published, but she has had stuff published in the newspaper before.

Debra -- Good luck with the eye exam. I had one of those last week, and it was quick and easy (and DH laughed at me for wearing sunglasses the rest of the day, even inside, b/c they had dilated my pupils).

Christiane -- Welcome back! I'm glad the trip was pretty easy. What about Plyo hurts your back, the jumping or the bending over? If it's the jumping, you can always follow along with the modifier that stays pretty much grounded. I'm not sure if a mat would help, but it probably couldn't hurt. My DS is not yet a teen, he hogs the computer at the ripe old age of 9!! lol.

Sandra -- LOL about the wormholes. I hope you get your new workouts soon!!

Tracy -- I'm on the last active week of Phase 2. My motivation depends on the day, lol. Actually, this week has been pretty good. I was slightly burnt out last week, but I'm over it now :)

Jeanette -- I use Spark People for tracking. I have most of my foods entered in, so it's usually pretty quick to plug things in at the end of the day and see where I am. I used to track workouts there, too, but it got annoying, so I just track them myself with my Excel spreadsheet (yup, I'm a geek).

Hi to everyone else!! I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Debra:::
:) Boones Farm is the exact same company as Annie Green Springs:) Its a deal- I'll pack Moon River CD!!! I'm sure THAT will be the hi-lite of the retreat;-) OMG- I watch Breakfast @ Tiffanys at least 2x a year all by myself & cry & cry when Moon River plays:7

Glad you got all your MUST DO's checked off- Squeeze a little harder for me okie dokie? }(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.