Xers .........Tip Top Tuesday...........

Hi all,

Yesterday was PLB (no floor work) and the I spent the remainder of the hour trying to learn Amy's new step. It looks like it will be lots of fun, but will definitely take some time for me to learn. I love complex choreography. Then I did Tone and my legs were cooked. I'm getting my weights back up again for legs. Although I'm tempted to do another heavy week, I'm going to follow the rotation, which calls for LL twice next week and SJP. I'm so excited that the fat is melting off of my legs. I'm pinching less and less.

One of my meetings was cancelled yesterday because the recieving school must have done something to put the parents off. I know they didn't want them either, but now they want to look at yet another middle school program. It's bad when no school wants you or your kid because of the nasty behaviors of the parents and student. Evidently there is research that suggests their is a generation of parents and students who feel very entitled to assume they should get everything that they want without having to earn it or go through the proper chanels. It's quite interesting.

Then I went to Costco and spent the usual, which made me late getting home and working out etc, etc.

I have a couple of Baron B. live yoga dvds (I think the ones Wendy referred to). I'll post the names later and if anyone wants them they can have them.

Traci - I'm interested in hearing the reviews for the new Traceys'. I checked the video fitness forum over the weekend, but no reviews yet. I'm not buying anything for a while, I still have lots to learn on the Amy stuff I got. If anything, I may get her previous step dvd and KB, even though I don't like KB.

Debra - I'm glad Mom and CB got along well. I am assuming that Mom was supportive of the divorce. It probably isn't easy having to explain things to people, but it really isn't any of their business.

Carol - Glad the sickness is leaving. I guess one of the perks of home schooling is deciding your own schedule. I commend you all for keeping up with school at home. I couldn't have done it.

Jeanette - That topping sounds like what I put on the sweet potatoes that I make. I make a mashed mixture of sweet potatoes and sugar and butter, then put the topping on top. It is yummy. More like dessert than a side. Is it normal for you all to continue to have good weather? It's warmer here than normal, but yesterday was a bleak reminder that we do get cold, raw, damp weather.

TG - I had the electical fried on my desktop about a year ago and hadn't backed up the business data properly either and it cost me 800 to get the thing fixed. That was a lesson learned. I'd would have bought a new one, but it would have cost 500 to have the data transfered from the old HD.

Laurie - Do you sew? How do you find the time? I have a 3 dog limit. I had 4 at one time, but that was too many. I still have the visiting little dogs, it's a good thing they are cute.

Sandra - How was C&B? Was it like visiting an old friend? The sweet potatoes sound delicious and interestingly I bought whipping cream at the store yesterday....

Nicole - I'd stay away from the intense cardio if you don't feel like it. I don't think it is a must. I was finally not feeling bloated yesterday, but I ate oatmeal for dinner last night. That's not a good choice, but I'm sick of salad and was too tired to fix anything else.

Wendy - I think Bishon's are difficult to house train. I've known two people who have had them and neither dog was well trained. Are you getting excited? I always have mixed feelings before I travel. We'll miss you. I see you and Carol live close together. How far are you all from DC? I'm close to DC.

Amy - Hi if you are around.

Tracy

Today is The Parts Series: Glute Camp (45 min) + HIS
Strangest day yesterday- NO WORKOUT! x( ttom started x( & as always had me flat on my back in pain…x( did a million HAD TO DO’s then got ready for client- Holly. Holly gets here & is crying & stressed out x( (& 15 min late – is always early) – So I play counselor as I know you cant lift without your head in game- we had a good laugh & a few cries – I could tell she was still no-where near ready to lift and its already 530…I gave her a meditation DVD to take home and use for a week or so til things settle…. So I say – “Holly- how about trying yoga tonight?” (she’s a virgin) She lights up and says "Oh that would be so wonderful instead of lifting"- I said-“ It’ll be a full body workout dear & don’t worry" ;-) ;-) - So she and I BOTH get to Yoga with EOIN!!!!! I popped in the Happiness/Bliss one (53 min) and that girl was AMAZED at how hard her body worked! – AND I got to do yoga yesterday!!!! :7What a wonderful world it is when you go with the flow…. .;-):7 She was a noodle emotionally & physically when she left here at 630....

To All: }( }( }( THANK YOU!!! I have printed all the sinfully delicious recipes going on back & forth & decided to share them with my MIL who thinks sugar & fat are staples in a recipe… She’ll make them for me for the IN LAW Xmas Party I bet! Thanks to all they look sooooo good! Yes- I’d put them in the Dessert Category! }( }( }(

… Personals…
Amy- X-Phobic!
Hope all is well with work days off!:*

Tracy - X Coach
You seem in really good spirits in spite of the work hassles- I guess you have gotten really good at separating the 2 lives. Glad that Tracey is keeping you busy – I can’t wait to dig into The Parts before X. Its 3 separate workouts… Glute Camp – Total Upper Body – Total Body w/ Pilates & Yoga. Our boards are mixed reviews but I learned log ago that the only way for me to know if I like a workout or a movie is to watch it- I am generally 180 off all reviews- sometimes I think in strength training/toning people can ONLY follow instructor without realizing you have to make it as challenging as possible for yourself- no video or even a group class can do it for you. ~ LOL on dinner- I was in the same mindset- ate Applesauce smothered in cinnamon for dinner! ~ I think its safe to say that we all assume none of us did floor work unless clearly stated! :* LOL! If I HAVE TO do floor it would be PLB & GS tho. ~ When do you start your school break?

Jeanette- XX’er in training!
VERY FUN DAY!!! You’re my kind of woman!! :* SEIZE THE DAY ~ Very cool about how it all played out too- IN THE RAIN? Show Off! ~ ROF on Juniper- I had no idea!! ~ I see you’re lifting seriously this week to prepare for Tony… hmmmmmmmmm I used different strategy- Have as many “wendy days” (aka: days off ) as possible before Tony! LOL

Nicole- XX’er in training!
ROF with the audio’s & visuals of you enjoying Xmas! What Carpenter favorite were you singing??? YOU ARE SO CUTE! :* Your food day sounds heavenly! Especially the part about you “going” to others places- No clean up for you! ~ My booty is feeling Long & Lean BIG TIME!! Add that to the Yoga last night and my body is nicely freaking out! LOL ~ Listen to Tracy on high impact/intensity- not all that necessary for sure! Do what will keep your body healthy for years come! PLUS if you only do it once every 8-10 days or so- your body will REALLY respond!

Wendy- XX’er in training!
APX uses BB- Free Wts, Bands, Steps, carried levels of risers – Basically ALL your equipment- she also uses them together – The reason I don’t mind is she changes WITH you so you don’t have to pause DVD etc… Its really no longer than a Tony Chatter break between sets. ~ HAPPY about you & CA having a good talk- traveling while upset is NOT a good thing! ~ I have that Baptiste Series!!! Looking forward to pulling it & Tracys- TONE out soon as I’m getting very strong after just a month of regular Yoga Practice- I’m actually pretty amazed at how quickly the body responds to it- NOT that its “easier” in any way- just more natural. ~ LOL on the McD’s Day!! :*

Lea X -Coach
*waving* Hi Honey!!!:*

Swifty XX- Coach!
*tears* We miss you:*

TeddyGirl- Virgin X’er in training!
Memory Stick or Zip Drive is what you’ll need to back up your data- they are relatively inexpensive and hold a TON of data (you purchase based on how large of a memory you need):* Ho Ho Ho

Carol- Virgin X’er in training!
Plyo will do AMAZING things for your legs to lean them out and “cut” them- DO PLYO X!!!!! I put my step away for almost ALL 13 weeks last round was it was the best thing I ever did! I use step as cross training only now – I’m telling you- TONY KNOWS HIS STUFF! Work the X as produced 90% and eat clean 80-90% and you will be utterly in awe of your results! - IMO: Subbing is for mental sanity ONLY it DOES NOT give you the same results… IMO Part 2: DO WTH you want!:* :* LOLOL :* :* **jumps off soap box**
So happy to hear you are all on the mend out there! Keep the Lysol flowing!!!

Laurie- XXX’er in training!
I got a BB email last week but I didn’t go look because it was more of a sell the already existing P90X add on stuff…. Was tha the same one & I poo-poo’d it too soon? – Your holiday plans sound just great! I love smaller get togethers ! You are a painting crazy woman! I think your DD gets it from you- I actually think her color choices sound very cool! GOOD LUCK with that project. ~ Hope your workout felt great yesterday!!! Happy to hear your house guest is safely back home now!!! :*

Debra - X Coach with Pompoms
Your QOD yesterday= AMEN SISTER!:* Thanks to you as I LOVE reading them daily!!!! COOL that CB & mom were good! As much as I’m sure you would do as you please it IS nice to have family support! T-Giving will be fine! Here’s how its going to go down- Your X-Friends will fall in love with CB- the 4 of you will become like a “How I met Your Mother” sitcom and become totally immersed in each others lives- CB will start getting REALLY serious & you’ll freak! :* LOLOLOL ~ I do appreciate you keeping me updated tho- I feel like we are soul sisters and I just gotta KNOW!:*

Sandra- XX’er in training! A week ahead of the rest!
How’s the biceps today woman???? Don’t you LOVE when you can bring it…. So let me ask- WHAT IS THE DIFF w/ Tony’s bicep work? I’m THRILLED to hear we will once again be pushing our little muscles but REALLY- What is it? You always lift & you always change DVDs so what’s the Tony Magic? ~ I do think 4Ds / CTX / Timesavers will all be great add ons if one so desires! KUDOS on ARX! :* I didn’t think anyone was going to even do it this time- I will Week 1- after that its all about the Yoga I think ~ On the Connection Fiasco- WHO KNOWS! Some people are off on all services now- some just on 1 or 2 and some *knock on wood* still ON! Fingers & Toes crossed tightly!!!

I think thats everyone.... HUGS TO ALL!!! GREAT & HAPPY EVENTS ONLY TODAY!!!:* :7 :7 :7 :7 ;-) :7 :*
:7 :7 :7 ;-)

Hi...Sorry for the quick post last night...and that I didn't get to everyone...I promise to catch up today! CB got here for dinner, so I had to dash. I was supposed to do HIS, but I am not feeling the love right now...I, too, started ttom yesterday...Thank you Traci, for keeping me regular! I may just go ahead and start in with Slo Mo...Depends on how I am feeling later. I have to go to the grocery store today...and DD must dress like an elf this evening for the parade...but other than that I am pretty caught up. I did about 65 minutes of Eoin yesterday...I used the long version and just skipped a few poses here and there.

Okay...back in a bit to catch up with personals....gotta get the diva to school.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Popping in for a quick perusal. Those recipes look heavenly....although I can't keep sweet potatoes in the house. DH can't stand them. I didn't grow up eating them, either, but I like them every once in a while.

Work was MADNESS this weekend! We were super busy at Trauma Central, but then, that always happens the week before Thanksgiving! Someone must have issued a memo stating that this was "Beat the Snot out of Homeless Drunk Men" weekend....I had two!

I just got over the DOMS from 4DS upper body pre-mix on Friday and I'm still dealing with calf DOMS from the lower body pre-mix....calves are the only thing that hurt after that.....Hmm, I'm going to have to mull that one over.....

Traci- I'm glad that everything worked out yesterday with your client. Yes, it still always amazes me how yoga works you entire body as well as your mind!

Tracy- Sorry about your meeting....Yes, it's sad when the actions of the parents make the child undesirable in a school setting! I LOVE Costco! I'm just very fortunate that we don't have one where I live! I like their stuff more than Sam's Club (but that's all we have here)

Wendy- When are you leaving, again? Oh, that broccoli casserole looks mighty tasty. My friend does a broccoli/rice casserole that's very tasty as well, but I don't have the recipe.

Everyone else....I hope that you have a very good day!!!

Okay...back to catch up...And I am not sure why I said I was pretty caught up in my previous post..I have about 15 loads of laundry to do! What was I thinking? I am definitely feeling a little crampy today from ttom...so who knows what workout I will do...It may be another yoga day for me if I am not feeling better later.

Wendy...It's not my mom's friends I am worried about...They are mine and XDH's friends...We were in each other's weddings, etc. I have decide to call them today sometime...or maybe tomorrow and give them a heads up. I hope you got to a little more packing last night. I would have been packed for 2 weeks...but I am a bit of a planner. I got your email with Jenn's address...I will get that out to her at the beginning of next week. LOL about the guy you had to "cut loose" who did motorcross...You crack me up! Glad to know we will at least get to hear from you here and there while you are away!

Amy...I bet you will deal with lots of crazy Thanksgiving accidents at the hospital this weekend. And why do people feel the need to hurt others on purpose? I will never understand that.

Jeanette...I guess I need to go to the bike store and see what kind of gear they suggest for the weather in this area. Thanks for the all the suggestions. Cool you got a free golf lesson. I guess now that your promotion is going through, you can take some free time...LOL! Loved your juniper tree story! There is no worse smell than cat pi** either! CB was impressed with all of my decor last night, but he is just living in a small apartment right now, so no decorating for him. I offer to give him one of my extra Xmas tress, but no dice.

TG....So sorry to hear about your computer woes!

Laurie...It's funny to watch the dogs play...They don't always get each other's games. We have a lab that lives in our neighborhood and she always grabs Polly by the collar and wrestles her to the ground. She is a much heavier dog than mine and it is just funny to watch. Polly is really fast, though, so when she gets away the other dog has trouble catching her again. Glad to hear I am not the only one with multiple trees. I bet the blue lights look beautiful on your white tree!

Sandra...Thanks for the recipe...I will be sure to print it out for Christmas since I am not in charge of the sweet potatoes for Turkey day. I actually do like it cold and dark...I guess I should have just moved to Russia with XDH...it's really cold and dark there! I loved Northern Exposure...What a great quirky show! I guess I am glad to hear that Tony is already causing you pain...That was the plan, right?

Okay...that catches me up with yesterday...I must get another diet coke and I will be back to get up with all of todays!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Morning:)

How’s everyone doing, I’m good. My computer is gone bye-bye however Eric our computer guy here at work told me I could bring it in to get info off of the hard drive NOT WORTH it I have back up here! mostly workout stuff. I'm just going to buy another next year.

Last night, I cleaned for a few hours tonight same thing. Wednesday going to cook turkey and prepare Mac & cheese don’t want to do too much Thursday. Well the only thing left for me too do is fry and bake chicken. My sister is doing the greens and Yams, my son GF is cooking the Roast. the biggest thing left for me to do is the dressing oh and two cheese cakes. That’s it. I’m not going to kill myself cuz me doing workout Thursday for sho;);)

This morning, I did GS Legs tonight abs that’s it. Tomorrow I have Cardio Kicks on tab and KM leg drills:) Cloths our getting looser again;)

Thursday starting UB imagine that, need guns:)

Happy Tuesday Xers!!

I banged out LIS on the 8" step last night. I did bag the ab work, though, as it's just not one of my faves. Today will be 4DS BC :D I love that one! Lunch with Wendy yesterday was so fun! Her girls are adorable and the kids had a great time playing. Unfortunately, though, everyone (except me) is feeling cruddy again. DH the pathetic, sick guy is playing hooky from work (which means doing about 10% work and 90% playing World of Warcraft, lol). Please pray for my sanity, lol, as well as my health!

Teddygirl -- Sorry to hear your computer bit it :( You can back up data onto writeable CDs, DVDs, or a thumb drive. You'll want to back up your personal files (pictures, word documents, workout stuff, etc) but not necessarily your programs (you should have installers for your programs). DH the geek regularly backs up and dumps our hard drive (erases it all and reinstalls everything) to make sure it stays working. Computers are a blessing and a curse, really, lol.

Wendy -- That broccoli casserole is my MIL's idea of healthy veggies!! Seriously! She thinks I'm CRAZY for feeding my kids PLAIN steamed veggies (oh, the horror!). I'm THERE for yoga when you get back :D :D :D Malvern is definitely not too far. Sounds torturous! }( Who cares that you're only 35% packed? You still have 2 WHOLE days! lol. I'm a procrastinator, so you probably shouldn't listen to me ;-) I'm breaking out the DVDs today while the kids do seat work and I'm sure I'll be on information overload by this afternoon. It all looks like great stuff, though :D Thanks again for letting me borrow it all!

Nicole -- 4DS KB is fun!! You can do it!!

Tracy -- I'm not too far from DC. My sister is currently living there (for the next 2 weeks, then she's moving to Albania for 10 mos for business) and it only takes me about an hour and a half straight down 95. It's not a bad drive at all. We should meet up some time :) I'm glad the one meeting was cancelled so you at least didn't have to put up with the parents. I'm all to familiar with entitlement syndrome... My sister is exactly like that! UGH!

Traci-X -- Wendy was a little misleading (or she misunderstood the conversation yesterday). I told her I would probably end up subbing PlyoX in Phase 3 b/c of the boredom factor. Otherwise, I'll be doing doubles starting in Phase 2 and adding probably 30-45 mins of Cathe cardio on those days. I'll definitely only be subbing very seldomly. No worries, I know Tony can definitely }(

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Starting with the Eoin quote....

"Let Awe flow through you. Don't let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale." ---Eoin Finn

Tracy...Well, I am glad at least one of your meetings was pushed back. I bet you are looking forward to a few days off for the holiday! I can't believe you didn't do the floor work yesterday...LOL! Congrats on seeing progress with your rotation. Yes, my mom is very supportive of the divorce. My friends who are coming for T-day are just a little naive...and I am just not sure how they will take my dating...but I know that you are right and I guess they will get over it!

Traci...What a great personal trainer you are!! You will probably get a ton of referrals from Holly since you were so understanding and supportive. Good you got some Eoin in. A good dose of Eoin makes the tears go away! I hope you are right about my friends....
They have just been so naive wen it came to XDH and me...and now to throw this at them may just tip them over...LOL! Of all of our friends, they were the ones who wanted us to make things work...and although they understand that is not in the cards, I think they were hurt by the divorce. I love them, but they are the type of couple who spend every waking minute together if they are not at work. They are completely dependent on each other...almost to the point of being a little unhealthy. Anyhoo, I guess they will get used to the idea of my dating...and XDH dating, for that matter!

TG...So sorry about your computer woes...Good luck with getting all of that cooking in...is someone helping you besides Ted?

Carol...Good luck with having DH at home sick...That is never fun...Sorry you guys are still all buggy! Fun to get to see Wendy...especially since she is going to be MIA for a while. You must not be feeling to bad if you are going to do BC today...I always put off tough workouts when I am feeling puny...Probably because I am truly lazy!

Okay...think I am caught up....Do you guys hear something? I think my bed is in there yelling for me to get back in it. Can you believe that? Maybe just a quick nap......

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Debra: Nope, Ted wil not be helping me cook x( us girls got this x( I really don’t have much to do. Tonight, we’re running out too BJ’s for final thing tons of cheeses. I may have him help with cleaning tonight, who knows, if he doesn’t I wont press him he does so much. He said he’s going to cook Xmas dinner all by his lonesome.

Good morning,
I put in Tracey Staehle's new High Intensity Step Mix 2 today, didn't preview yesterday, but had problems with DVD skipping and freezing. After numerous cleanings of the DVD and drive, I gave up and took out her other HISM and got in a short workout, and I mean short. I'll try to get in a couple of walks today at work instead. I emailed Tracey back to get a replacement DVD. I also received my 3 pairs of golf shoes from Zappos. They all fit okay, but I settled on a pair that look and feel like sneakers (Adidas). They were also the cheapest. I had trouble printing the return shipping tag so am trying to contact them about getting a new free shipping tag.

Tracy, have fun learning the new step. I noticed on Tracey's new HISM2 that the camera is further away, which I don't like as well. On first review, I don't like the filming of this step DVD as well, but it still looks like fun. Her cueing doesn't look as good either. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because of the freezing issues. DH and I were just talking about the parents nowadays that want everything under the sun for their child. I don't think they are doing the kids any favors at all. Not normal at all for us to be having such nice weather. It is colder this morning than it has been, however, no rain or snow in sight for a while.

Traci, that is so cool that you were there for your client for just the right workout!!! Just what the doctor ordered! Great that you killed 2 birds with one stone, getting some yoga for yourself too. That probably helped her to be less self-conscious too. Part of my getting ready for Tony will be to clean this computer room up. I plan on doing that during my 4 days off this week (Thanksgiving and weekend). There is quite a layer of dust on the Bowflex. Maybe I'll be able to get DH working out again.

Debra, so sorry about the cramps and TTOM. What a bother it all is. It's like, why do we have to go thru that if we're not going to have any more children. The bike shop will be a great source for what clothes to wear during the winter. Do you get much snow there? I'm thinking not, but you never know. Does CB like to ride bikes? Would be nice to have a riding partner.

Anointed, sounds like you are set for Thanksgiving. I'll make my 2 dishes tomorrow night. What a treasure that Ted is.

Amy, good to hear from you. Hope you don't have any more excitement at the hospital, though I'm thinking that won't be so.

Carol, good job with LIS on 8". I'll have to do that next time to get a bit more intensity, now that I know the routine.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

I have on my schedule to do 4DS Chest, Shoulders and Tricep premix / 30 Min Run. Don't know what to think of these premixes. :) Like Amy I will have to mull it over. :)

All right this morning I was able to do some measurements after the LGI8 was over with. Now I attribute most of this to the fact that I was eating clean.

Weight: -6.5 lbs
Waist: -1"
Hips: -1"
Chest: -1/2"

Everything else stayed the same. Darn those legs of mine. I will have to start playing around with different things to see what will work. Unlike Tracy I still can pinch fat on my legs. :7 :+

So these are my goals for the next round of the X. Not looking to lose weight (if it happens I'm not going to be sad). Would like to lose inches in the waist, hips and thighs (bonus would be more defined in the calf and upper body). Since the last round of the X didn't do anything for my legs, I'm guessing that I will need to add something to my workout. I'm looking at GS Legs or LL. At least these are workouts that I like to do.

I almost forgot to mention that I was at Walmart this weekend, and they had the Perfect Push-Up for $19.89. And they are the "As Seen on TV" :D Of course I showed them to my DH, and told him I wanted them for Christmas. :7 :7 :7

Tracy, Yes I do sew, but don't have the time to do as much as I would like. My Mom taught me when I was about 12, and I would sew clothes for Barbies and dolls. Still love to sew those little clothes more than people clothes. :7 My youngest DD has requested a whole slew of new clothes for her American Girl. Guess I better get busy on those if they are to be done by Christmas. :7 I'm need to look at some material for our draps in Family room and now DD's room too. Must have been nice to have that meeting cancelled. Makes for a much more happy day!

Traci, Yep there was more info in that e-mail. Had to go to the bottom of the e-mail though. From what I can see it looks like there will be a rotation that you can do for these workouts. There are worksheets that you can download. From the descriptions I'm thinking that I will be wanting these. The Ab workout incorporates hanging exercises that I might have a hard time finding a way to do. Glad you where able to get your client into being a noodle, and that you found a way for a workout to work with her mood. Love the fact that you MIL will make a dish that you will enjoy. My Mom does that with use too.

Wendy, Here ya go for the info on the new P90X+ workouts. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fi.../p90x_plus.do?code=EMAIL_111507_P90X_PLUS_EPS I'm going to try that broccoli casserole, it sounds great with all the onion in it. Onion cheese makes this a winner for me. Oh the colors will be something to see. She has chosen two different blues and a brown. They really look great together, and will be pretty. But yes I think she will need to paint it over when she leaves the nest. We have a gentleman in our group that flies all over the world. He works for an airline. He has gotten us trims and fabric from many places for really cheap.

Amy, Yep that is the same thing I felt with the 4DS Lower Body Premix. The calf workout is great. Just don't know yet about the rest of it. ;-) Work is MADNESS! Oh yes yours is for sure. Glad mine is just a desk job. Hope you don't get anymore beaten homeless.

Debra, Our house has trees all over the place. :D Every room has a tree of some nature. My favorite tree is the Santa tree. It is full of different types of Santas that people have given me over the years. And of course I have so many Santas that I don't even know the count right now. My DH gets me one every year, and each one is cooler than the last. :) My DH is great about decorating the trees with me. If he didn't we probably wouldn't have so many. See ya later when you get back from your nap.

TG, Getting some of your food ready before hand is a great idea. You can enjoy your Thanksgiving that much more. Isn't it nice when other help too. Too bad about the computer at home. We need to get a new one too.

Carol, Glad you had a good time with Wendy yesterday. Are you doing the Classic rotation? I will be doing the classic, and throwing in some extra cardio if the feeling hits me that I need it. :D I have been looking at some 20-30 min cardios that I can do as warm-ups. Plyo is great!! Wendy told me to tell you that! Your DH is into the WOW? We had a big ? on a tree at our site at the faire this year. It was for WOW people to play their game. Didn't know anything about it, except to direct them to the people that could help them. :D

Jeanette, How great for you to get a little free help with your golf. Nice of him to do that. You have more patience for golf than I would have. I tried it once and it never grabbed my attention. Your family sounds like mine did when Mom went fabric shopping. It got to the point that she didn't take us anymore. :7 :7 :+ Yup I will be making a turkey breast, stuffing (because I love it), mashed potatoes (because my DD's would kill me if I didn't), carrot souffle', and looking at the broccoli casserole. Of course Pumpkin pie (DD's would then put me in the ground if I didn't make this). I doubt that my DD's would wear dresses, but I just don't want my family in their sweats. :7 :7 I of couse will need yoga pants. :7

Nicole, You did great on the grocery shopping. :) I always walk out of the house without the coupons. :( Why do I even bother cutting them out I ask myself. ;-) So glad the news is good with you DS. If you are gun shy about the intensity of cardio by all means listen to yourself. No need to rush until you feel 100% into it.

Sandra, Nope no more sleepovers. :) We are bringing our dog to the doggie daycare when we are gone this weekend. It's neutral territory for these dogs. So LIS is a good warm up? :D I have to say that the warm-ups in P90X can get a little old by the end of week 3. ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Jeanette: What a bummerx( I hate when DVD stick, Tracey, I still haven’t tried her Step Sweatfest workout yet, duh! Have a great day

Laurie: Nice stats :) :) you rocked it! I'll take 6.5 right about now. Ooh we, Just think next Monday we are Xing :p

Classic/Week 1/ Day 2/ PlyoX (+ Finn Pure & Simple yoga this afternoon, I hope).

Good morning!

Well, PlyoX is done! How many more times is it in this rotation? Nine? Pshaw. No problem x( x( x( It gets harder every week, doesn't it?

My lats are yelling at me today. There's no question I hit all the right muscles yesterday. My entire upper body is stiff to some degree. Anywhere that a long sleeved shirt touches your body is stiff, like a doms shirt.

Tracy **** You're doing LL twice next week, plus the SJP leg work? That will be toasty. Did Cathe really make a rotation that calls for that? She's the devil. The sweet potato recipe is definitely delicious, no doubt about it! It's extremely rich, obviously. I imagine it can be lightened up a bit if some of the whipped cream is substituted with fat-free evaporated milk, or something like that. But frankly, if you're eating it only once a year, use the whipped cream :9 CB and Plyo both felt like revisiting an old friend, yes. I liked that aspect of each of them; I knew how to pace myself. And it's nice to see Tony again. He's such an affable guy.

Traci **** The Parts Series?! What the heck is that?? I've never even heard of it. Oooh, ttom wiped you out, did it? You get a lot of pain from it? That's not fair. I like your Holly story. You've got yourself another Finn convert! And it sounds like you just cemented Holly as a forever-client. What's different about Tony's bicep work? Well, for one, I didn't do bicep work yesterday, LMAO! It's those dang pull/chin ups! They hit the biceps and shoulders pretty hard, as well as the back. And the push ups hit the triceps and shoulders, on top of the chest. I tell you, CB is a total upper body workout. The Tony magic, IMO, is pacing the workouts in such a way that you're able to find your personal point of muscle exhaustion. And incorporating pull ups. As Cathe herself said in an AC post recently, nothing works the back as good as a pull up. LOL!! NO I won't be "adding on" any of those workouts you mentioned!! Perhaps the Lean rotation lends itself to that, but I think the Classic weight work is plenty, thank you very much! Are you enjoying the 4DS cardio segments?

Debra **** You have 15 loads of laundry to do....and it's only you and DD living there? How often do you do laundry, once a month? Or perhaps the question should be: how many clothes do you and DD own? Every Monday I do 5 loads of clothing, and that's all the laundry for 4 people. Dressing DD like an elf? Because she has nothing else left to wear? Are you wearing your sexy maid outfit? Or from now 'til Christmas do you dress up like Mrs. Claus every day? Have a great day!

Amy **** Hi there! Nice to see you. The calf work in the 4DS really got me the first week, too.

Teddygirl **** Wow, you're lower body is getting it good this week! You and Traci must stay up at night daydreaming of ways to torture your thighs.

Laurie **** Excellent numbers!!! You must be thrilled! I did the 4DS CST premix last week, and found it surprisingly tougher than the as-produced workouts. I'll be interested to hear if you find the same thing. Oooh, you're doing Classic as well? Yay! I'm glad I'll have company! I'm with you: I can't stand the P90X warm ups. Yes, I found LIS to be perfect. I plan to try HIS before doing Shoulders & Arms tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm very interested in hearing your ideas on 30-min-ish cardios, too.

Carol **** You mean Wendy actually brought along her brood yesterday? I thought she usually left them at home to look after themselves :) What did you think when Wendy ordered the deadliest thing on the menu? Carol, are you doing the Classic rotation? If you do the Lean rotation you never have to do PlyoX! I'm putting on my sargeant's hat here and telling you that during your first round of P90X You Are Not Allowed To Sub!!!! You may *add*, but not exchange!! Just trust us. Dragging yourself through even when you don't want to is part of the training.

Jeanette **** What a frustrating morning for you. That would put me in a bad mood for sure. I never thought I'd see the day that you talked more about golf than about biking. Yes, my workout yesterday was 88 mins. Don't worry about the push ups. You start from where you are and progress from there. Push ups on your knees still work the chest, so it's all good. I love Oat Bran, especially with brown sugar.

Wendy **** Only 2 days until we lose you! You will be missed. I hope your family tells you the same thing :) LOL!!! Thanks for your perspective on my 2nd round. Only 88 days to go! I'm thinking of actually posting that chart that came with the manual and crossing off the days. But then what if I have to miss a day? The chart doesn't allow for flexibility, and it will look messy. Can't have that. Go back to your suitcase and take out 3 pairs of shoes. You don't need that many!

Hello to those who haven't checked in yet! Have a great day!
Sandra

Yoga Day!

I have a physical therapy appointment this morning then I'm going to come home to do yoga. I hope they can get to the bottom of my back ailment. Since I have been taking it easy it actually isn't hurting me. I'm sure it will flare up when I start P90X so it's good I'm starting therapy now:)

I won't be back for personals until later because I also have a doctor's appointment for a worrisome spot on my chest. I start to worry when I see similar spots talked about on Dr. Oz's skin cancer blurp on Oprah:p

BBL,

Nicole

Bring it!!!

http://images.meez.com/user16/07/02/09/070209_10019023368.gif[/img][/url]

I'm here! I'm here! Slept in this morning. Phil and I were up late last night. Get your mind out of the gutter! I was reading him the math part of Ruth Beechick's book "The 3 R's". I figure since he's going to teach the twins math, he should understand the Piagetian Theory of learning modes. (Don't ask me how to pronounce that... Sandra!) I offered Ruth Beechick's book to my friend in Thailand. Now, I wished I hadn't. It's sooo good for a quick reminder when frustration rears its ugly head.

Packing is 45% completed. I've stopped deceiving myself into labeling myself a planner. Not that it's total procrastination. I'd call it Acute Anal Sequencing. I have to have everything in order before I can safely act. Anyone know of an appropriate AA program for this S? }(

Traci: Kudos to you for loving and attempting complex choreography! Again I deceived myself into thinking I loved complexity too until I did RS and HIS! Keep up the great leg torture!!! Like Tracy, I don't want it that bad. I can live vicariously through you!:7 Oooo! I used to feel entitled! Seriously, I'm extreme! I never taught eldest dd a thing until I made a commitment to homeschool her at the age of almost 5. Thankfully, she went from not being able to recognize letters to reading on a 2nd grade level by the end of her kindergarten year. How much I used to expect from the school system was a huge revelation to me over the first few years of homeschooling. I'm in awe of teachers and schools for doing their best with whatever is thrown at them!!! You're giving away your Baron Live dvds? Is he too chatty for you in it too? LOL My world is so small!!! I've only met one owner of a Bishon, my MIL's neighbor. She's owned that breed all her life. Her dogs are very well behaved. I deceived myself, again, into thinking they were easy dogs to train. I'm not sure how far away we are from DC. I don't think it's very far at all, especially for Carol! Jenn and I were planning on going to Cathe's gym this spring. You and Carol should join us!!! Maybe, we could meet up when I get back. Do you get summers off? When is your spring break?

Traci: Awwww! You are such a wonderful trainer!!!! I'm jealous of Holly, even if she has current issues! LOL on her thinking it was a restorative yoga practice! :7 I hope you get to enjoy the broccoli casserole sometime during the Holidays! I hated broccoli growing up. However, I always requested broccoli casserole when visiting my grandmother in the summer. Shut Up! Wendy Days! That's news to me! Am I that lazy? Don't Answer!!!!:p :+ My booty must have looked long and lean yesterday. Before ordering the worst meal off the menu:9, I was chatting with Carol and aimlessly looking about. Then I caught a 20-something guy checking out The Booty, as Phil has fondly NAMED it! OMW!x( My 1st thought was: Does this guy realize I'm old enough to be your babysitter, and I've birthed SIX kids!!!!:eek: My next thought was: Does this guy realize he's STILL staring!!!! That's when the light bulb finally clicked to turn The Booty away from his viewing pleasure.:p His trance was broken.}( He looked up at me as if to say, "Now, why did you go and do that for?" before realizing that he was caught red faced! I was wondering if you had the same Baron Live dvd. Well have to do a Baron day together during the X. LOL Tell Carol! Tell her like it really is you, Ms. Lean Rotation Subber!:7 :7 :7

Everyone: Just a friendly reminder. I'm doing a true Classic Rotation, Wendy Style! For those who don't know what I'm talking about... It can mean anything from: Tell me again, what am I supposed to do today.:eek: I did the wrong week!:eek: I'm doing doubles because I skipped yesterday's workout!:eek: I'm taking an extra recover day!:eek: I'm taking an extra recovery week!:eek: I'm only doing half of PlyoX because it's TTOM.:eek: It does NOT mean doubles, except for nap time!:+ It does not mean Lean because I will be eating like I did last Easter!:9

Okay, I need to start packing. BBL for the rest of personals. Carol, I truly understood what you said! If I had to endure the NO Subbing Gestapo during my virgin round, so do you!!!!:p:7 ;)

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!:* :* :* :*

Wendy

Sandra: You crack me up, its truex( x( I loovvveee working my legs. Nice workout! I like PlyoX really takes me breath away. I’m excited can’t wait to we start.

Attention All P90Xers:) :) :) :) :) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :7 :7 :7

I was thinking, instead of starting Chest & Back on Monday would you guys mind if I start this Saturday. Only because I have the weekend to really work hard, just a thought, but you guys don’t mind then Saturday it is.

I'm sweeping through waving hello to all lady xers I miss you all:-(
I can feel your energy brewing for Round 2 post Thanksgiving.

Week 13 -Only 2 more days to go before XX. I would like to start Round3 with you, but I'm not sure it is advisable. Did I tell you that I used Cathe's Terminator and Timesaver for 2 years straight? See where I get my obsession for another Round?

I'm off to the 1st Grade Pie Festival at 1:30P. :) I was invited to help out the urchins. While they are tasting the pies, I will graph least to most favorites - it's all about Math in reality. Should be fun and I wasn't asked to bake a thing;-) Tomorrow I meet with the fitness director of the Y. We will discuss ACe certification and group fitness certification. Wow! I can do this.x( (I know this will be a huge obligation) I'm prepping DH and DD as to the help I need with this endeavor- Spelled C-H-O-R-E-S.

WTG LaurieXX Congrats to LG18 stats. Wonderful! :) You did it right! I can only dream about those kind of stats. I lost a half shoe size and a cup size during my rotations. HumpF!

TracyX-I love your client / yoga story. You are too sweet! I'll have to work on my sympathy/soft side a bit when a PT client brings that situation. FYI-Yesterday's visit to the gyne - I'm peri-menopausal. I need no Rx to fix that. My stomach pain is most likely irritable bowel. I'll deal with that the best I can by not stressing. LOL! (hredity does play into the colon problems) My hair loss could be caused coloring, drying, etc or heredity. I could have saved the co-pay and stayed home, but I have peace of mind and can go on living happily. As I say, exercise and eating good are a good cure for everything that ails ya.

NicoleX-Enjoy your yoga and have fun with the 4DS.:7 Hope you hear good things at the doc.

NettaX-}( You can do it baby! X it up!

WendyX;-) Good luck. Go girl! I'll be checking your blog.

SandraXx( for getting right in there and startin' up another Round. I know you've got what it takes. So Bring it!

TGX}( :) No problem! The sooner you start ..... the sooner you finsih!

Amy:7 WTG on the calf DOMS. Getting good and ripped! Give P-nut a hug for me.

DebraX:) Enjoy your napping. I'm thinking of you and hoping you are taking good care of yourself and DD. Your situation is a difficult one. REst, yoga and family.

I have to run..... I'm out of time. Hi to Traci, Lea, Carol, and all I missed! :7

Taking a break for a few more personals!

Debra: Take it easy today. Let the toxins flow! Stay away from inversions!!!! OIC. I remember you talking about your and soon to be XDH mutual friends. I was assumed while speed reading that since they were going over to your mother's house for thanksgiving, they were your mother's friends. Now, I'll have to double check to see if they are going to your house or your mother's house for dinner. Look at the trouble I get when I speed read!!!:7 You know, I don't blame you for giving them a head's up. That was one of the toughest parts I experienced when divorcing my X. Why do people feel the need to take sides? HUGS!!! I hope your friends just accept you and soon to be X for what it is, and accept CB as the sweet man in your life. Oh, my Motor-cross guy. He was fine and believed it outweighed the cons. Red Flag! Can't trust those boys! Hey! Phil and I spend almost every waking moment together when I'm not taking off for months to 3rd world countries!:7 And, I truly wanted you and soon to be XDh to be able to work it out! But, I'm not that naive. Maybe, this is what your friends need to see to catch a clue, a little reality shocker. Don't dwell on it. Don't let their joy bring you down. How's that for a quote of the day? :+

Sandra: I am printing your sweet potatoes recipe! Looks yummy!!!!:9 I've got more to say to you when I return.

Jeanette: Yep! We are so alike in that respect... plunging into new territory.:7 Truly, if it weren't for y'all, the daily exercising would have been old and a memory by now. Wait! Daily exercising! Ha-Ha!!! I crack myself up! Really, I wouldn't have made it through my first round without y'all pulling me to the finish line!!! Was the pro guy checking out The Booty? Why else in the rain, free golf, and instruction???}( }( }( Yes, color is good. Let's color our world with a little green and orange mixed into our brown and white starches.:9 When I told Phil what CA said, he immediately imitated her thoughts, "Girl, do you realize where you're going? You can't even speak the language! Wake up! You're holding my hand when we're out in public!" ROFL! I'm going to miss him so much!!! Why are you asking me about back up drivers? Let me ask my boys about it, and I'll get back to you!LOL You are so funny! What is the point of bringing it on when there's a feast to be had!!!!:7 I love it!

Okay, dryer is buzzing. Back to packing. BBL for more personals in a bit.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

OH! I did the Trac-I-Y Mix-Up AGAIN! I'm sure you ladies will be able to figure it out! Sorry!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.