Xers...Thursdays Happy Dance!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Round 2:
Phase 1 / Recovery Week / Thur: Day 5/ Core Syn

Here’s the plan… I’ll pop in Core Syn with a nice cup of java…. FF to minute 40 and start watching for Dreyas Cellulite! I’ll actually do Core Conditioning (Tracey S) as my sub today. Not sure what else I’ll do but definitely something as pics need to be taken at some point…. I was leaner a couple of days ago but had “hope” for better definition if I waited… Not a good plan at all!

Planning a computer-less weekend at bay – leaving Friday afternoon… Just need to get away from electronics. Will be testing DH’s plumbing job for first time so I may be pooping in a bucket afterall if he didn’t do as well as he thinks!

3 quickie personals so I don’t forget and I shall return for all the rest!!!

TRACY X
Hope you are doing well… Life seems to have gotten very busy for you as well! I know as we approach summer I am more & more scarce on the computer. My outdoor world has been noticeably neglected this winter and I have promised myself that next week is get down & dirty week…. I lost several plants in a freeze so have some reconstruction to do- Home Depot & I will become best friends again very soon.

SandraX
What’s your check in status for 11 days?

DebraX
What’s your check in status while you are gone?

Shall return with personals – cup is empty- OH NO!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday was B&G leg blast premix, 30 minutes of C&W step, and 30 minutes of yoga. I did used 20 & 24 lbs for the leg work, but couldn't do all of the low ends on the one legged squats. I really enjoy that leg workout. My legs are tightening up again, after a month of almost nothing. The left leg and calf are still not quite right, but better.

Today is supposed to be a walk/run, but I pushed it a little with the weights and I'll have to see how my left leg feels by this afternoon. The tendons feel a little tight right now, and they were affected the most from the stupid back injury. So I may sub upper body and of course there is yoga.

I'm still reading everyone's posts and keep up the good workouts.

Traci X - I will be back to posting more regularly next week. I've been busy at work and haven't gotten home from work this week until almost 4 everyday and then by the time I get dinner going, workout for 2 hours (only because of the yoga) shower and finish dinner, it's almost 8. I pretty much have to be off my feet by 8 right now. I've had the worst discomfort in the evenings after I workout and push myself and the flexibility/strength, so I don't feel like doing much except laying down and watching tv. The muscles will still spasm some when I do something new. I just have to use mind over matter, and the 'stick' to massage until it stops. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of energy. The good news is that since I have been pushing myself for strength and flexibility, I am really feeling quite good the next day and all day if I don't push the lower body. So there is my rehab in a nutshell. Oh, plus, I still can't sit for more than about 30 minutes. I'm working on that. Plus I'm still stretching in the morning, so not much time there either.

Sandra - I hope you are ready for your trip. Sounds like lots of fun.

Debra - Good luck on the house hunting.

Wendy - I didn't do PUB abs, too much stress on the back still. I've had all my dvds for so long, I rarely do them as produced.

To everyone else, do your best.......

Later guys,

Tracy

Round 2:

Ok- I’m back to chat with the gals …..

تTeddyGirl
ROF this morning! Your description of Naked Exercise was perfect! I don’t think I’d feel motivated at all working out in the buff! Gosh I could throw a hip out if the cheeks weren’t secured properly in spandex! I do really like SQUEEZE… The level of intensity is related solely to the individual… Its not one to get if a person must have the instructor & equipment be the motivator… It’s all about isometrics – you get what you personally put into it. Her leg work is KILLER! You might like it just for that aspect.

تDebra X
Had to put on my shades – the shining pearly whites were makin’ me squint! Goah I love you too Deb! I know all the premixes that are SHORTER than as produced versions! Lol
Gosh for DD’s potluck… Is there some kind of Rice/ Veggie dish out there? I’m not a big rice eater but I know lots of people are. Tell DD that when she’s my age and is fighting the bulge every day she will GLADLY eat Mac n Cheese when offered!

تAmy
ROF with the cigarette! YEP- that’s exactly how I felt/feel! His 30 minute one contains segments from MH too… I’d imagine all the premixes do… SO HAPPY you love it! Makes me want to take a Yoga Class 3x a week! You must have previewed MH? I never looked at TV enough to see a wedgie!

تNicole
As far as bulk… I experienced a lot of “swelling” in phase 1 by going so heavy on weights…My tops were tighter as an example. My body wasn’t used to that- I always lifted kind of wimpy. The swelling did go away in first recovery week and I loved the cut lean look that showed up! After phase 1 the “swelling” never seemed to get as noticeable so the muscles do adjust to the new format. I’d go as heavy as possible for phases 1 & 2 – make sure you take measurements & monitor BF% and adjust in Phase 3 if you aren’t happy.

تJeanette X
I was reading about your lunch and was saying that’s nice… then you got to the breadsticks & sorbet and I went- YUMMY! How often do you plan on adding squeeze into your routine? I need to find a way to get lower work in every week… Not sure if I should add it to Legs & Back day or add it to my rest day… Its about 15 -20 minutes I think if you do all the butt/thigh moves… What do you think? After reading your gnat story I do believe Wendys suggestion to become I Dream of Jeannie is a great solution! Regarding Sculptfest… It’s a toughie to do as produced along with a traditional rotation… It hits muscles like a full body but certainly not enough to call it a weight day… Lots of Core Control needed in actual core segments but also in functional moves… She also does similar work to squeeze for both upper & lower… Then theres the standing segment which she calls rehab moves… balance on ball- variety of squats, more abs…. For me I see using it as add ons (2 segments 25-30 min each) No warm up so best done after another workout. I’ll have to do it more to see where it fits. Hope the weather clears today!

تSandra X
My little Night Owl! Gosh- I’d been asleep 3-4 hrs already! BM2 sounds like a nice challenge today… Your OPEN post cracked me up! You were posting for advice yet I actually printed your “thoughts” which looked like The Plan to me! So isn’t this a fun vacation? I think I caught a “have to go” yesterday? Did I miss something???

All caught up gang! It sure makes it easier in AM if I do an afternoon post! Have a great day- I’m starting my sweating early today!

Round 2:

Completed 20 minutes of Core Conditioning… My abs are so very tender today. Not sure if its all the Kickboxing or if all the new workouts are just really challenging the entire core. Also did Triceps & Arms of SQUEEZE… started with 3# wts and quickly dropped… again maybe the Kickboxing is helping me stay toasty all week long.

I decided I’d do Gin Miller Intense Moves today for first time and will then take a nice walk outdoors since the rain has gone for a week or so.

تTRACY X
My goodness- your rehab is so intense and yet you continue to just work thru it. I applaud your commitment to beating this disc thing. It takes a lot of discipline to do all the right things every single day and you seem to have what it takes. Hope you are getting plain old “down time” in there somewhere. Have a good day

Well I’m crackin’ the proverbial rope at all the late Xer posts! Ya better be breaking a sweat! Hupp Hupp!

Good morning,

I didn’t have much sleep last night, woke up 3 times, I kept having nightmares, after the last episode which scared me, I finally got up, got my bottle of blessed oil and anointed my body, and went back to sleep, slept through the rest of the night, probably got less than 5 hours of rest. Can’t think of anything out of the norm, that I ate would make me have nightmares. OH...unless the thought of doing Naked Kenpo……:D :D

Alarm clock went off , 4:15 got up made coffee and watched Divorce Court, I fell asleep at the end of it, when I woke back up the news was on.

Workout last night, I did X chest & back, feeling it realllllll gooddddddddd in my back, 3 of the back workouts, I used my BB 40lbs.

Afterwards, I watched Kenpo I was so looking forward to doing that workout this morning, I'm upset about it toox(x( But, will do tonight, what other workout can I put with Kenpo? any suggestions? I thought to add-on one of KPC conditioning drills, I shall see. I will check back later.

Teddygirl~

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph1/Wk4/Day3/Rnd2
Workout: Tracey Staehle's Cardio Sweatfest and 2 Mile Run

Well Core Syn is over with, and I don't agree with Tony on this one eventually being my favorite. I have to say that it was an easier workout to do than the last round. And of course while doing the workout I forgot to check out the cellulite. x( My TV is very small, so maybe I need to bring it up to the HiDef. That will really show every pimple. :D

Don't think my DD will be having her track meet today, it is rainy and cold out there. :( Oh well there is always next week when we are suppose to get into the 80's. What a difference. :)

Traci, I need to do pics also this week. The girls where playing around with the camera (had to take pictures of a toad!!!), and somehow my pics where deleted from the camera. I will make sure DH downloads the pics the very day we take them. ;-) That Squeeze workout is sounding better and better. :D

Teddygirl, Have fun with Kenpo tonight. I always enjoyed adding on the drills from Cardio Kicks or the leg conditioning drills from KM.

BBL for more,

Laurie

Debra: thanks for giving clarification on Naked Kenpo, maybe, I can get some rest tonight:7 I do know of people who workout in there panties & bra. Who knows maybe some workout naked too, not going there :+

Jeanette: hello :) your on point with what you said, about enjoying your workout, I’m true to it , I have been working out for a long time. As far as P90X just going to let it flow. I don’t mind doing the X workouts its just I have a mental block about following anyone’s program as to say what workout I should do on a particular day that’s when I lose it, I get so stressed, I know that sick, but its true. So if I just stay focused on me..me…me…it will flow, Yep, Kenpo tonight, hot dam………:7

Amy: Magical Hips, sounds like you got a awesome burn from it, Okay, do tell where can I find website. I can definitely see doing Kenpo bare feet.

I concocted up a meal last night, I took 2 boneless chicken breast, diced them into squares, than I boiled until done. Then I added onions, fresh garlic, broccoli, slice carrots, to chicken. I boiled wheat pasta add a can of cream mushroom soup, and mixed everything together. I think its pretty good, but need to add another can of cream mushroom. I'm having it for my lunch today, the carbs should give me a BIG boost, so I can get through Kenpo tonight;)

Diamond Push-ups, exactly where should I place diamond under my chest or chin?

Teddygirl~

Good morning,

Today was 30 minutes of LIC (first 2 combos) and then did 30 minutes of Baron Baptiste Power Yoga Level 2. I like the music and will get more used to his style later. He talks a lot. I felt some good warmth though with the vinyasas and it felt good on my hamstrings. Have a hill climb competition tonite after work. Took off my aero bars (won't need those on the climb) and adjusted my cleats. Will be a toughie. Weather should be warmer tonite too. I'm still sore from Squeeze in the tush. I could actually feel a muscle in there too.

Traci, hope you have a great time at the Bay. We'll miss you but understand getting away from the electronics part. I need to get outside on Saturday and get some yardwork done. Sunday will be a long bike ride with hills. What was your DH doing with the plumbing? I love the feeling I got from Squeeze and am craving going back to it. The problem I have with working lower body too hard is that I don't like to be sore for my bike rides. I have a tough, longer hill climb ride (again) on the calendar for this Sunday. My rotation is so messed up this week, I'm not even sure what I need to do next. Need to put some thought into it and remember what I've already done and what hasn't been done. You started with 3# in Squeeze? I think I started with that or 2#, can't remember which, but I do remember having to lower my arms a bunch of times as I was burning, burning!

Tracy, you are sure my hero for pushing thru your injury but with discretion. I sure admire that. Sorry that there is still discomfort, but know you will whip it before too long. Your workouts are probably tougher than mine are and I'm not even injured (knock on wood). Sculpfest sounds good. I have a hard time fitting in the functional fitness stuff. I have all the TLT's but haven't used them in a long time.

Teddygirl, sorry your sleep was not good. You are really doing well on your workouts. Sounds like you are back to doing the P90X rotation. I think Sandra regularly added on some kickboxing leg drills after KenpoX. LOL re: having a hard time following what someone else says to do for a rotation. I'm a rebel too, when I write a check, I never do it in order, sometimes the signature first, date next, $, my little bit of rebellion. Tough gal, aren't I? Your meal sounds good.

Laurie, way to push thru Core Syn. I think it was easier for me my 2nd and 3rd times, but the 1st time was a toughie. Sorry about the weather interfering with the track meet.

Jeanette

Round 2:

Completed Intense Moves – gin Miller
GOOD HEAVENS- Can I have any more NEW FAVS???? I have never done Gin before! I LOVE HER!!! She made me feel athletic – and I am so NOT! Intense Moves is what I think interval work is like- like cardio coach… Specified time WAAAAY high and longer bout of low…. I am WHIPPED after this one… FUN FUN FUN… 1 minute crazy high with intensity not necessarily jumping… 2 minutes easy recovery learning next blast. Very basic athletic moves with step – SO EFFECTIVE! I will be doing this one many many times. I wasn’t pleased about spending the $ especially because no premix but I am so glad I bit the bullet… I am one very happy lady today.

GLORIOUS weather today. May hit home depot and save AFPA DVD viewing for bay.

تTeddyGirl
So sorry it was a tough sleep night but sounds like you bounced back! I can feel you happier today about your workout choices. Sweatfest is Kick + HiLo…. Do you want step or Kick & HiLo?

تLaurie X
I am right there with ya on Core Syn! I doubt I’ll reach for it again unless I do an X round 3 at end of year. I did actually like doing X over November, December, and January as it kept me in check for the most part. It may be my annual yr end/new yr kickoff! Funny about the camera! I tend to take pics of nature too! I have a toad that lives in the bottom of one of my plant pots… he sticks his head out of the overflow spout all day long! I just adore him!

تJeanette X
Great workout woman! You are so good about adjusting cardio & leg work to meet your needs for biking. Good Vibes for your competition tonight! I’ll be pulling for ya. On the plumbing- we finally got sewer service out there so we had to reconnect this and plug that etc… Now we have to fill in the septic and seal it up for good. Its nice not having to worry about using the potty too much if we have company or go for more than a few days.

That’s it gang…. Off to enjoy the great day!

Tracie, you do know me;) feeling so much better. I want a step workout, I was looking at at Step Sweatfest she has 2 30 minutes workouts on it, right.

I don’t want any more KB at this time. We are in tone I was just thinking about pulling out a few Gin Miller workouts, sometime I just want basic stepping. :)

Traci,
I previewed Intense Moves by Gin Miller and liked it. It was one of the ones that Debra moved out of her inventory into mine. Now I've got to try it!!! Gin is athletic looking, very strong!

Jeanette

Tracie: I re-read your post again. This is your fist time doing a Gin Workout. Intense Moves is a goodie, I have about 4 of her workouts they’re on VHS who cares, right. But, the one I love she has a live band playing, firer bowls (what ever they are called) on the side of the band fire flaming up and they JAM you’d really get into it, and the workout is fun.

When I go home tonight I’ll look. I swear I was thinking about doing one of her workouts. My X use to tell me, he was crazy about Gin and always hating on my girl Cathe, he’d say Cathe don’t have a ass, no hips, straight like a dude.. blah blah we use to fight, not literally, about my Cathe, I didn’t care what he said, he knew I love Cathe, he's a HATERx( x(

But, he was crazy about Gin, she does have a nice thick shapely body

It's done, it's done, it's done!!! No C&B for 5 weeks! Doing the happy dance. I have to say, it killed me today. Last week I felt so great and this week I just struggled through it. I still improved slightly over last week, but it definitely was a struggle. I think my muscles are getting tired and are ready for next weeks recovery. I went to do my second set of decline push ups and while attempting the first one I pretty much collapsed right on to my face.:eek: I guess that means I worked my chest muscles to exhaustion.
Tomorrow is Plyo. They really kill you those first 2 days of the rotation.:) I don't mind that one so much though because it's cardio and I miss my cardio.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Katie

Good morning!

I think I had less sleep than Teddygirl, but thankfully not due to nightmares. Just have lots to cram into my day. I got up at 5am and had BM2 going by 5:50. To concede to the early time, I kept the step at 6", and still got a really good workout. I enjoy BM2 a lot (although Blast #3 I could live without). One of these days I'm going to do that Scrambled Eggs premix!!

JeanetteX - in case you didn't see my bedtime post, I did RS yesterday as per your suggestion. Boy, I wish there was someway I could dub in different music for that workout. It's truly the only Cathe workout that genuinely gets on my nerves. So the BB Power Yoga II is good? Should I actually unwrap mine? Is he wearing the big baggy shorts in that one? As you're climbing that hill tonight, imagine all of us X-ers pushing you up the hill. How long is the climb? How are you judged? The fastest to the top is the winner?

TraciX - I hope the plumbing is working!! So, you're going to decontaminate from all the electromagnetic waves coming off your computer, hm? That's a bad idea. I'm addicted to you :) My check in plans are to post as frequently as possible from The Parent's computer. Hopefully that will be daily, although I can't promise the messages will be very long. So, did you find the cellulite? I wonder if Ned gives a prize for that? And frankly, since her HUSBAND was working the camera, you'd think there wouldn't be a speck of celluite on film! Bad husband tsk, tsk. Yeah, as I was typing that OF post, I realized I actually had more than enough ideas to fit the bill. And when I later reviewed the Basic Step weight add-ons, I realized almost everything I'd written was actually in that workout...using bands! D'oh! Now my job is to find a high tension band somewhere this afternoon. And birthday presents for my mother, grandmother, grandmother-in-law, and husband. And a "thank you" gift for the neighbour who is driving us to the airport, and looking after house and hamster while we're gone. I can do all this in an hour, right??? Maybe all the mothers would like the same gift (and that would be...??). Will Walmart have it all? I know DH wants new socks. It's the big 4-0 for him, so I'm sure socks are perfect ;( . Oh this trip is definitely a "have to" trip. This is our one holiday a year, and it would be nice to use it to actually go somewhere for a true vacation, where we can actually spend time together as a family. As it is, DH and I will get off the plane on Friday afternoon, and not speak to each other again until we get on the plane again 11 days later. It's nice to socialize and see our families, for sure, but it's also very stressful and busy, especially with a toddler who needs naps, can't sit still for 3 minutes, wants to explore every shiny object that crosses her path, requires diaper changes at inopportune times, and won't understand that she is required to actually go to sleep in a strange bed. Ah, enough complaining. We'll be back before we know it. I'm writing a novel for you today! My oh my. I'm glad Gin's Intense Moves was so good! That's one I might actually get some day. I've done a couple of her workouts in the past, and find her to be a very good, advanced instructor. Thanks for posting the broccoli soup recipe yesterday. It looks good! I'll make it at some point, I know.

Teddygirl - I really enjoyed tacking the KickMax Blast onto the end of KenpoX. It's a great combo. I'm glad you're finding a way to make the X work for you. Too bad on the bad night. Ugh. Naked exercisers would give me nightmares, too! And you didn't even describe the male version! Yummy-sounding supper you made last night. Mmmm. :9 I think I may have that Gin Miller vhs workout you're describing, with the live band. Honestly it's been years since I've done her workouts. Now you've got me all curious to pull it out again.

TracyX - you continue to astound and amaze with your "rehabilitation" workouts. 20 and 24lbs with BG LBpremix is just a cruel joke for your poor muscles :) I love the "relaxing on the couch at night is a necessary part of my rehab" line. I'll have to try that some time.

Wendy - no late night post from you last night? Are you okay? Do we get to see 30 day pics of DH? Are his power shakes starting to bulk him up at all? I meant to say that I am really happy to hear the twins tested so well a few days ago! That must be a huge weight off your mind to know that they're doing well and keeping up with their peers. How interesting that the shorter hair cuts altered their personalities so much. Who'd a thought?

WendyX - hm, have we heard from you in a few days? I don't think so. Give us a shout out when you get a chance.

LaurieX - What's new? I'm afraid I missed something about DD's track, but can I presume she's continuing to amaze and impress? CoreSyn never "clicked" with me, although it came close a couple of times. There are a few moves that I really like, but more that I would be happy to never do again.

If you're curious, here's my 11 day travel workout plan. Of course, it is subject to change:

Fri, April 27 - travel day (rest)
Sat - Drill Max, using band, stability ball, and possibly 5lb dbs if I decide to bring them
Sun - KPC
Mon - PY4H Quickie; Basic Step Upper, Lower, Core add-ons
Tues - KickMax
Weds - SJP hi/lo (combo4 as the warm up, then 1,2&3); Drill Max Total Body Weights premix
Thurs - a KPC shorter premix; SJP abs; PY4H Magical Hips (if time permits, otherwise a shorter one)
Fri - Drill Max Scrambled Cardio premix; KickMax leg conditioning drills
Sat - PY4H (not sure which one yet); Basic Step Upper, Lower, Core add-ons
Sun - rest
Mon - KickMax w/u & combos 1-4; SJP hi/lo; SJP abs

Okay, time to complete more of my preparation list. Cheers,
Sandra

Hi everyone...sorry no time for personals today.....I have a ton to do and I am not as dedicated as Sandra to get up at 5am to do it...I already have to get up at 5 tomorrow, and you ladies know that I don't like it early!

I am going to do my GS premix of back, bis and shoulders...then hopefully I'll have time for a short cardio...then off for other errands! Thanks to all for the ideas for my potluck tonight...will bbl to let you know what I did...it's not very clean, but the kids and the non beef and pork eaters will like it.

I probably won't have time until late tonight to check in with you all....And then no computer until I get back from house hunting...The last time I took it to my mom's I didn't get any service anyway...so, don't see the need in hauling it around. I am back home next Wednesday...so I'll be back then.

See you later!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

SandraX: BM2 nice work, you have got to try scrambled eggs, I think you’ll love it. I’m going to do the scrambled workout from DM, hopefully this weekend.. I need to quit talking about it and do the dog gone thing. Yeah, pull out Gin and revisit, that what I’m going to do. Kick max blasts, that's a nice touch, thanks. Your 11 day travel plan looks good to me;)

Tracie: I ended up ordering Step Sweatfest, need to order one of Sean workouts which do you guys suggest? I’m eyeing #5 only buying one for now.

I think on my lunch today or tomorrow, I need to go pay that frecking, speeding ticket, its $90 bucks. I have to pay before May 1st or ELSE, its going to be sent to Bedford Hts Court, with added court costs Arghhhhh, man oh man, do I hate that sh$$ (sorry) that’s was my play money. I was going to order a few other workouts, oh well, thankful I am able to buy two today, I take that.

Back to Cardio Coach, which should I buy? :)

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Just got home a little bit ago from Tayler's art lesson.

Yesterday was busy! After I did Yoga-X, dd and I went to a little town outside Allentown to buy harp strings and music. She's so excited to try out her new book of Disney songs. Got back and took the family to Bob Evans for dinner. Thought I celebrate with 1 egg, 1 wheat toast, 2 sausage links, 1 strawberry/banana fruit crepe, and a few bites of homefries. YUM! Then it was off to the bookstore to see if they had Tosca's book. No luck. I took a peek at Fit for Life and Body for Life, but wasn't tempted enough to buy those. Next, I spent an hour at CVS getting prints made from the digital camera for Tayler's art project. She's going to do a self portrait with the family dog. I finished Core Synergistics after midnight. I was drained by the time I got to bed.

Tonight is the first day of Phase 2. I need to watch the NEW workout planned for tonight. I forget the name, Chest, Back and Tris?

Thanks for the picture compliments. I can see why they suggest taking progress pictures. I would have never realized there was any visible changes. Phil said he noticed, but I didn't. I really want to clean up my diet though. Baby steps.

Oh! Does anyone here watch Bravo's reality show, "WorkOut"? Jackie, owner of Skysport, is planning on producing a line of clothes to be sold at Paiva. Yippee, we have a Paiva close by. Jackie was talking about doing store appearances to promote her line. COOL! Y'all know how workout clothing is my spending downfall. I hoping that I hate the line or the clothes don't fit my body shape properly. I'd still love to get a picture with Jackie. :)

Okay, off to read today's personals and eat my lunch. I don't know if I'll have time to post personals this afternoon. Depending on my evening, I'll try to get back here later.

Have a great day!
Wendy

You guys are going to get tired of me }(

Okay, talked to Sean, and I invited him over for dinner tonight, Yeah babe :p :p I'm being bad.

Really tho, when I ordered the workouts didn't know what I was doing, Sean sent me downloads, didn't realized I ordered both, it was $5 for each CD duh! but, he's going to credit my creditcard.

Anywho, ran out to buy CD's to download, just thought I share:) :) I hope I can do this, I'll be back :+ :7

Teddygirl~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.